PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hour at Happy Place Bar!

August 3rd, 2011, 09:52
Announcing the new Happy Hour at Happy Place Bar. 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm all beers, soft drinks, hot drinks and regular mixed drinks only 99 baht!!
***99 baht expat promotion ended August 1 and we appreciate all who took advantage of this and our new promotions. Thank you!

August 3rd, 2011, 12:20
Announcing the new Happy Hour at Happy Place Bar. 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm all beers, soft drinks, hot drinks and regular mixed drinks only 99 baht!!
***99 baht expat promotion ended August 1 and we appreciate all who took advantage of this and our new promotions. Thank you!

Sorry to see the 99 baht expat promotion end. Oh well, it seems that Sunee Plaza will remain one of the less expensive places to have a drink and see the guys.

Probably some will say if you can't afford the extra 50 baht a drink stay home. Well fortunately for some of us that go out almost every night and have 2 or 3 drinks (instead of a tourist that stays here 2 or 3 weeks), we still have an area to visit for reasonably priced drinks and attractive guys.

Not meaning to put down Happy Place, it is a fun bar. Last time I was in there (a week ago) on a non event night I spent about 1600 baht. On the last event night which was bingo and Big Banana night, I spent about 2300 baht. So I do enjoy it. But some nights it was nice to go in for 15-20 minutes buy a 99 baht drink and then be on my way home.

Just saying I think the 99 baht drink for expats was a great idea in that area of town which is know for high drink prices. I would have thought it paid for itself by encouraging expats to visit more often.

August 3rd, 2011, 17:56
I thought it would have been more popular than it was also but between the fact that only about 12 customers a week at the most took advantage of the special as well as the tourists and non full time residents screaming at the top of their lungs that it was double pricing and boycotting the bar, well it just needed to be restructed.
The 99 baht price tage is available to all between 8:30 and 9:30. Game the manager was told that if you talk to him sweetly he probably will allow you to have the 99 baht expat special anyway. Shhhh!
Also a beer is still only 120 baht which is only 20 baht more. A soft drink or hot drink is only 100 baht. Still the cheapest place in BoyzTown.
We also have many more promotions for discounts which I cannot talk about now which will be announced on the forums within the next few weeks that again will be open to all patrons of the bar.

August 3rd, 2011, 22:19
Looking forward to your new promotions. I always enjoy Happy Place

gerefan2
August 3rd, 2011, 23:56
What about happy hour offs?

Beachlover
August 4th, 2011, 00:48
I thought it would have been more popular than it was also but between the fact that only about 12 customers a week at the most took advantage of the special...
I think it's great you tracked the results of the promotion... that's the only way to know how effective these promotions are.

August 4th, 2011, 04:24
We announced that a month ago! Buy 2 drinks between midnight and 2 am and get a free off.

August 4th, 2011, 16:49
We announced that a month ago! Buy 2 drinks between 12 midnight and 2 am and get a free off.

No No No - they'll tell you that won't do - they'll tell you that between 24.00 -02.00 isn't Happy Hour.

During the REAL Happy Hour they want YOU to pay THEM 300B to take a boy "off"

Oh and during Happy Hour, Christianpfc wants to you to pay him 100B to bring in his partially consumed bottle of water which he bought in Panorama during THEIR Happy Hour.

:sign5:

August 4th, 2011, 17:20
We announced that a month ago! Buy 2 drinks between 12 midnight and 2 am and get a free off.

No No No - they'll tell you that won't do - they'll tell you that between 24.00 -02.00 isn't Happy Hour.

Oh and during Happy Hour, Christianpfc wants to you to pay him 100B to bring in his partially consumed bottle of water which he bought in Panorama during THEIR Happy Hour.

:sign5:

What are you going on about Scottish?
If you consume 2 drinks between the hours of 24:00 and 02:00 am, and you see a boy you would like to take off, all you do is call on any one of the assistant managers, show them your check bin and tell them that you would like to take advantage of the free off. You cannot consume prior to midnight and you cannot just assume that someone knows what you want. Just like a bar owner who walked into the bar one time and ordered a few drinks early in the evening. He told the waiter nothing. He then walked out later and made a HUGE stink that his drinks were not 99 baht. He said " I thought drinks were 99 baht on the radio?" I said, "Yes they are, for expats who live here year round". Then he made a stink cause he did not get the special price. I asked him if in fact did he TELL the waiter that he qualified for the special? To which he responded by body language that said, "well look who I am. Everyone should know me and everyone should know I live here year round!" Sweetie, we are in THAILAND. They know very little of "what you want" unless you tell them, and even then they may not understannd. You need to tell them what you want and in the event that a waiter doesnt understand you, you need to call over one of the 3 managers. Nothing here in Thailand is automatic although we train them and tell them.If they dont understand for some reason, although they speak English, you need to say it to someone higher. Thanks for your understanding.

August 4th, 2011, 17:50
I think you need to re-read my post - I was supporting YOU and mocking the Cheap Charlies.

August 4th, 2011, 18:37
[quote=justme]We announced that a month ago! Buy 2 drinks between 12 midnight and 2 am and get a free off.

Oh and during Happy Hour, Christianpfc wants to you to pay him 100B to bring in his partially consumed bottle of water which he bought in Panorama during THEIR Happy Hour. :sign5:[/quote:3304awlg]

My mistake Scottish, I apologize. It is a bit cobnfusing. I did realize the jest about ChristainPC but in readin the other part of your post it souded like you went in and did not get a free off with your two drinks. Thats where I read the "No No No theyll tell you they wont do and that 24:00 isnt Happy Hour.
No worries.
:hello2:

August 4th, 2011, 18:41
Ah, I see!

By "they" I meant the Cheap Charlies and general moaners.

:rolling:

August 4th, 2011, 18:57
Ah, I see! By "they" I meant the Cheap Charlies and general moaners. :rolling:
REALLY? Do you think we have some cheap cahrlies and general moaners that live here or visit Pattaya?I hadn't noticed. :dontknow:

gerefan2
August 4th, 2011, 22:25
By "they" I meant the Cheap Charlies and general moaners
So you mean me when I suggested happy hour offs?

Well listen here loud mouth, I didnt know there were rules about free offs after midnight.
There are sooo many rules and offers, how am I supposed to keep up with it all?

Reduced drinks for ex pats.,
My voucher for 25% off drinks for 2011.,
My voucher for a free off that I won at Boy Bingo
Happy hour drinks.
and now free offs after 02.00 with two drinks.
Have I forgotten anyhting?

I made a sensible suggestion to justme ...not you...that he consider reduced offs during happy hour...seemed reasonable.
Also the boys could be back for more offs later.

Now justme understood, why didnt you?

Can I please have an apology?

August 5th, 2011, 01:24
Reduced drinks for ex pats.,
My voucher for 25% off drinks for 2011.,
My voucher for a free off that I won at Boy Bingo
Happy hour drinks.
and now free offs after 02.00 with two drinks.
Have I forgotten anyhting?
Yes, I guess it can be confusing so let me explain......
Reduced drinks for Ex pats...... promotion has ended.
25% off voucher for drinks 2011. Not good if combining it ANOTHER offer. So use one offer or another whichever benefits you the best. ALSO it is for YOUR drinks only and not to be used if you have someone accompanying you or someone from our staff that you take off.
Voucher for a free off you won at Boy Bingo. No restrictions and good until Dec 30, 2011
Happy Hour Drinks are 99 baht after midnight.... 8:30...9:30
Free off after midnight with two drinks purchased after midnight.

Well you have not forgotten anything else YET! We have wonderful new specials and chances of fun for both the customer and the boys to play that will be introduced in the next few weeks. We will let you know when they arrive.

While there ARE alot of specials and things to keep you occupied, we think at Happy Place that this keeps for a HAPPY EXPERIENCE!
Come join the FUN!

August 5th, 2011, 04:35

How does "NO" grab you?

But I agree itтАЩs a little confusing тАУ maybe Unkie can clear it up once and for all:

Firstly:

But then:

...Happy Hour Drinks are 99 baht after midnight.... NOT 02:00...02:00am is latest closing time....

So are there now TWO Happy Hours then тАУ the first Happy Hour lasts тАж.ehhh an hour and the second Happy Hour lasts about 105mins with chucking out time at 2am??

I am only seeking clarification.

:occasion9:

August 5th, 2011, 10:03
Scottish, I will go and correct that. In a meeting we were trying to figure out which time to pick. I was stuck on 24:00 - 2:00 and they were stuck on 20:30 - 21:30. They won. So I was wrong. It is 8;30 - 9:30 at night. Before the show.
Thanks for pointing that out I will go back and correct it.

gerefan2
August 6th, 2011, 00:45
gerefan2 wrote:

How does "NO" grab you?

But I agree itтАЩs a little confusing тАУ

Well I take great pride in extracting at least half an apology from you!

August 6th, 2011, 00:53
gerefan2 wrote:

How does "NO" grab you?

But I agree itтАЩs a little confusing тАУ

Well I take great pride in extracting at least half an apology from you!

If it pleases you to think so.

:rolling: