PDA

View Full Version : FANTASTIC AUCTION Mon 08/08 CORNER BAR for TAKE CARE!!

jvt22222
July 30th, 2011, 08:07
At the Sunee Plaza CORNER BAR fundraiser for TAKE CARE!! http://www.takecarepattaya.com on Monday August 8th, 8pm >>> 1/3 auction proceeds to TAKE CARE!!, 2/3 to donater of object.
http://www.takecarepattaya.com/images/logo1.jpg

Full 200 baht admission goes to TAKE CARE!! includes food and 1 bar pour drink.
Entertainment by the B-Boyz and, of course, the legendary TAKE CARE!!

Lucky draw with loads of prizes from many venues around town.

You can view the auction items at: http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/jomtienbob/

LIST OF AUCTION ITEMS
LOT # TITLE тАУ ARTIST -- DESCRIPTION
1 ORCHIDS тАУ UNKNOWN -- 89 X 69 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
2 WIND MILL AT SUNSET тАУ UNKNOWN -- 56 X 66 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
3 WATER FALL AT DAWN тАУ UNKNOWN -- 66 X 56 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
4 FISHING BOATS AT SUNSET тАУ UNKNOWN -- 56 X 47 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
5 MISTY MORN -- UNKNOWN -- 56 X 47 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
6 LIGHTHOUSE тАУ UNKNOWN -- 56 X 47 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
7 DREAMLIKE -- UNKNOWN -- 78 X 68 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
8 ROAD TO HEAVEN -- UNKNOWN -- 74 X 64 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
9 ROMANTIC FALLS/MOUNTAIN тАУ UNKNOWN -- 77 X 67 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
10 GREEK ISLAND DREAM тАУ UNKNOWN -- 156 X 124 CM OIL ON CANVAS FRAMED
11 CHINESE GLASS INLAID CABINET -- 42 X 64 CM
12 HAND CARVED HALL TABLE -- 80 X 80 CM
13 EBONY TIKI -- 21 CM HEIGHT
14 NUDE EBONY -- 15 CM HEIGHT
15 MA AND PA HAND CARVED -- 18 CM HEIGHT
16 EBONY NUDE -- 15 CM HEIGHT
17 FRUIT BOAT -- 60 X 23 CM
18 ORNAMENTAL INLAID ELEPHANT -- 15 CM HEIGHT
19 NUDE EBONY -- 21 CM HEIGHT
20 LARGE ELEPHANT -- 17 CM HEIGHT
21 WICKER/WOOD LAMP -- 45 CM HEIGHT
22 PAIR SKIMSHORE HORNS -- 43 CM HEIGHT
23 AMERICAN EAGLE -- 59 CM HEIGHT
24 BUDDHA тАУ WICHAN -- 13.5 X 15 IN WATERCOLOR FRAMED
25 LANDSCAPE тАУ WICHAN -- 14.5 X 20.5 IN WATERCOLOR FRAMED
26 LANDSCAPE BEACH тАУ WICHAN -- 17 X 23 IN PASTEL FRAMED
27 LANDSCAPE BOAT -- WICHAN -- 17 X 23 IN PASTEL FRAMED
28 LANDSCAPE SUNSET тАУ WICHAN -- 13.5 X 17 IN WATERCOLOR FRAMED
29 LANDSCAPE VILLA тАУ WICHAN -- 13.5 X 17 IN ACRYLIC UNFRAMED
30 LEOPARDS тАУ WICHAN -- 17 X 23 IN PASTEL FRAMED
31 SHIRTLESS RECLININGтАФWICHAN -- 12 X 23 IN OIL COLOR FRAMED THAIBOY
32 SHIRTLESS THAIBOY тАУ WICHAN -- 13 X 16.5 IN ACRYLIC FRAMED
33 STILL LIFE CANNA тАУ WICHAN -- 11 X 17 IN WATER COLOR FRAMED
34 STILL LIFE VIOLIN тАУ WICHAN -- 13.5 X 17 IN WATER COLOR FRAMED FLOWER
35 TRADITIONAL THAI -- WICHAN -- 24 X 38 IN ACRYLIC UNFRAMED JUJAKA
36 TRADITIONAL THAI -- WICHAN -- 24 X 38 IN ACRYLIC UNFRAMED MATHREE
37 TRADITIONAL THAI -- WICHAN -- 24 X 38 IN ACRYLIC UNFRAMED THANAKAN

Beachlover
July 31st, 2011, 20:07
What do you reckon are the chances of them actually offloading more than half of that artwork at profitable prices (i.e. covering cost of framing and artist's materials plus a portion for charity) to these retired expats who hang about Sunee Plaza?

jvt22222
August 1st, 2011, 09:34
On the Master list they shall appear as Lot 38 and Lot 39.

Two vouchers -- each good for 15,000 baht (FIFTEEN THOUSAND BAHT!!!!) worth of Cosmetic Services at Thonglor Clinic on Tappraya Road (near Bruno's Restaurant).

100% of auction proceeds on this item goes to TAKE CARE!!

Terms as follows:

They can be used for: a 5 times course for MADE+ Collagen injections to detoxify the facial skin or 5 times course of injections to brighten up the skin with glutathione in combination with vitamin C: most Thais want to have skin of a lighter tone and it would suit a farang wanting to make a gift to a special "boy". Does not turn them white but gives them a "pinkish glow". All the TV stars are using these treatments. Can also be used to detoxify the liver....initial use in medicine -- for those whose liver may not be in the best of shape from excessive drinking. Or 5 time course of injections of Omeoformula 1-2-3 for weight control or 1 session with our doctor to undergo an EVO laser treatment: used to rejuvenate the skin by deep laser exfoliation. Can also be good for younger patients with acne scars.

The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash.

Dax
August 3rd, 2011, 08:31
I only wish there was some kind of mechanism that would enable those of us not in Pattaya to participate. Also, a more detailed description of each lot would have been helpful. All in all, I appreciate everyone's efforts, jvt22222.

jomtienbob
August 4th, 2011, 09:22
What do you reckon are the chances of them actually offloading more than half of that artwork at profitable prices (i.e. covering cost of framing and artist's materials plus a portion for charity) to these retired expats who hang about Sunee Plaza?

I don't know, but we are doing our best to do whatever we can to raise funds for what we deem a worthy cause.

jomtienbob
August 4th, 2011, 09:30
I only wish there was some kind of mechanism that would enable those of us not in Pattaya to participate. Also, a more detailed description of each lot would have been helpful. All in all, I appreciate everyone's efforts, jvt22222.

Contributions from those living abroad are graciously accepted. Please PM for details on how to do so. In addition a Not For Profit organization, Taking Care, has been incorporated under the laws of the State of Florida to facilitate support from American donors.

When we have received $400 from donors enabling us to pay US Government required fees to apply for Tax Exempt status, American supporters will be able to make Tax-deductible contributions to Taking Care's efforts in support of Take Care here in Pattaya.

Patexpat
August 4th, 2011, 09:50

Actually, organisers permitting, you can participate in the auction by way of a 'commission bid' whereby you tell the auctioners your starting bid and what you are willing to pay up to .... very common in auction houses.

August 4th, 2011, 10:29
I just donтАЩt understand this system, Have I got this right as some one told me he heard, you buy some under priced goods at an Auction some where, add 2/3 of what you paid and then give a third to a charity, after it has been auctioned at another Auction, with a full price reserve, is thatтАЩs whatтАЩs happening, if so, itтАЩs a wonderful idea everyone wins. The owner of the donations makes a 1/3 profit, the person bidding, is happy with his purchase, and the charity wins also. They should do more of these money making Schemes That Work.

jomtienbob
August 4th, 2011, 20:34
Just to clarify the rules for this auction.

There is no reserve. That means the highest bidder gets the object for that price.

For example, if the high bid for an item is 300 baht, that is what the winning bidder pays. 200 baht goes to the owner, and 100 baht goes to Take Care!!

There are two 15000 baht vouchers for cosmetic surgery that have been donated, with the full auction proceeds to go to Take Care!! For these items, if the highest bid is 5000 baht, than the winning bidder pays 5000 baht, with all of the 5000 baht going to Take Care!!

Dax
August 5th, 2011, 08:49
Thanks, Patexpat, I am aware of the normal auction bidding process. From what I gather this process is not available for this aucion. And this leads me back to my original remark for Jomtienbob (hopefully clearer now), have you given some thought to implementing in some fashion what Patexpat commented on? It's probably too late for this auction and maybe not worth the effort.....but maybe next time?.....just a thought. Take care.

Dax

jomtienbob
August 5th, 2011, 11:08
We most certainly take it under consideration to see if we can make it work for any future auctions.

Thank you for the suggestion.