PDA

View Full Version : Drgging arguments from thread to thread

bucknaway
July 30th, 2011, 01:18
Why is it that you can click on a topic you find interesting.... lke why did thailand ever want to squat to go dodo rather than sit to make the pile. the conversation will be moving along at a good pac when all of a sudden it will go left because a poster wants to continue a fight in the active thread from another threaad... As if one thread in an all out slap fight was not enough, the want to spraad their misery all over the web.

I say no more!

Let today be the day that nips trollish behavior in the bud! give them no oxygen, feed them no reply! choke off their attention

we can do it!

lukylok
July 30th, 2011, 02:07
Second that !

bao-bao
July 30th, 2011, 02:53
With no documentation to back it up my guess would be at least 75% of the regulars would prefer that the half dozen or so who insist on pouring gasoline on the slightest spark of unsubstantiated controversy could just drop into a crack in the earth.

You've been a member here for at least five years so you know it's probably not going to end in our lifetimes, but as the tired old saying goes "I feel your pain".

It's so often the same folks, like some of the personalities below...

1) those who can't resist taking sides to "defend" someone, and then bring the alleged injustice up another 1,000 times
2) folks who don't read a post clearly, get it wrong and go screaming off based on what they thought they read
3) people who have to lift their leg and spray nearly every topic, mistakenly thinking they're being witty or appreciated
4) Hot Button Pushers, who go out of their way to fan topics like underage sex or Bt100 tips - often in ALL CAPS?!!!!
5) Know-It-All folk who butt in and bully any one else's thoughts or opinions, and finally
6) those who can't write or spell but insist on long-winded posts - and getting dodgy when someone questions their "sources".

It's not going to change. Banning the worst offenders merely means they're back with a new name in a day or two; I'm sure most of us can think of a few of those without my mentioning any names. I don't keep a rolodex of them like a couple members do, but it certainly happens.

This topic has come up many times in the last half decade, so I apologize for repeating myself... but you did ask!

bucknaway
July 30th, 2011, 03:06
It was worth saying and I am trying to get use to using my iPad LOL

bao-bao
July 30th, 2011, 05:07
It looks like you're getting used to it :rolling:

netrix
July 31st, 2011, 06:12

it's called trolling. and you know that. you're digging up shit by complaining about people who dig up shit.
good job.

thonglor55
July 31st, 2011, 07:09
it's called trolling.It's called trolling (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/trolling-and-trawling-t21092.html) by those who want to limit freedom of expression by censoring what people say on the Internet.

gaymandenmark
July 31st, 2011, 08:12
If you think I have been trolling I am sorry, it has never been into my mind. to do that.

colmx
July 31st, 2011, 08:16
If you think I have been trolling I am sorry, it has never been into my mind. to do that.
Hi Gaymandenmark
I don't think anyone thinks you are a troll...

However some of us here believe that bucknaway and Beachlover amongst some others are without doubt Trolls

newalaan
July 31st, 2011, 08:54
It's called trolling by those who want to limit freedom of expression by censoring what people say on the Internet.And some of the examples thrown up by the likes of you leads one to consider that they may have a point. Nothing more depressing than logging onto a forum to see a line of posts from a known trolling flooder, beachflooder, moron4allseasons and now........thonglor55 makes that an impressive trio of multiple thread posters with so little to say.

thonglor55
July 31st, 2011, 10:26
Nothing more depressing ...Nothing? Nothing at all??? What a sheltered life you do lead!

bucknaway
July 31st, 2011, 10:39
Hi Gaymandenmark
I don't think anyone thinks you are a troll...

However some of us here believe that bucknaway and Beachlover amongst some others are without doubt Trolls

I can't stand that Bucknaway!
Worst Troll of them all!
Always stopping those Billygoat Gruff brothers from crossing the bridge!
What a total JERK! :rolling:

Thai Dyed
July 31st, 2011, 12:11
I am trying to get use to using my iPad

You blew all that money on an overpriced toy and you mean to tell me it has no spelling checker?

.................................................. ...............................................
Obama! The Worst President in American History!

Beachlover
August 9th, 2011, 23:25
All the things being described in negative light here are part of what makes SGT the great, buzzing forum it is.

Sorry, but I have to point out some HYPOCRISY! Don't take it too personally now... :thebirdman:

I could just as easily call you a troll for attacking Bucknaway, latintopxxx and myself recently... not to mention being factually incorrect in some of these instances.

And some of the examples thrown up by the likes of you leads one to consider that they may have a point. Nothing more depressing than logging onto a forum to see a line of posts from a known trolling flooder, beachflooder, moron4allseasons and now........thonglor55 makes that an impressive trio of multiple thread posters with so little to say.
The same could be said about the many series of long slagging posts you write. You've been slagging it out with half a dozen posters in over a dozen threads recently. Sometimes you even carry out the same slagfest on multiple threads simultaneously! But don't get me wrong. I love you for it. :rolling:

1) those who can't resist taking sides to "defend" someone, and then bring the alleged injustice up another 1,000 times
2) folks who don't read a post clearly, get it wrong and go screaming off based on what they thought they read
3) people who have to lift their leg and spray nearly every topic, mistakenly thinking they're being witty or appreciated
4) Hot Button Pushers, who go out of their way to fan topics like underage sex or Bt100 tips - often in ALL CAPS?!!!!
5) Know-It-All folk who butt in and bully any one else's thoughts or opinions, and finally
6) those who can't write or spell but insist on long-winded posts - and getting dodgy when someone questions their "sources".
Just wish to point out that you have done half the things on that list...

1) You have done yourself (taking sides to defend someone), as I recall with Pattaya Street Kids
4) You have done recently... with the females in gogo bars thread
5) Butting into other people's discussions to bully their desire to discuss the matter at hand is something you previously did a few times

N.B. This is not to indicate that I have an issue with the above behaviour, just pointing out that you've done it yourself.

Folks... Just accept SGT for what it is. It's fun and entertaining for some. A great source of info and insight for others.

Bucknaway... I enjoy your posts but some of the people you are annoyed at for dragging arguments from thread to thread are the same people you've annoyed with some of your posting habits too. Annoyance goes two ways.