PDA

View Full Version : Amerlish

January 9th, 2006, 15:20
I am currently preparing a new topic to be entitled "Fear and loathing of the English language"; in the meantime I offer this gem from December's edition of the UK comicbook Gay Times

Since I installed Sky television and got the opportunity to look at some of these religious channels, I've come to realise that the American Evangelists don't actually speak English. They speak some kind of invented language that sounds like English but is actually incoherent drivel. Listen to this, from Lou Sheldon of the enormously wealthy Traditional Values Coalition, which was broadcast on American Family Radio: "I've talked to many psychotherapists who are Christian, and they say that once you enter into that lifestyle - now you may have a gender identity conflict - that's the medical-scientific name for homosexuality - where you are attracted to the same-sex person, but once you enter into the culture, into the music, into the gay bars, into the gay literature, into the gay theatre, and all that kind of - and gay travel - once you immerse yourself into that, you really have put yourself into a groove that only a sort of exorcism can release you from." The man is nuts and must be carted off immediately.
Someone should introduce him to Hedda and Gaybutton :idea: