PDA

View Full Version : Dentist in Sathorn/Lumphini

maisoui
July 24th, 2011, 14:29
I'm thinking of having some dental work done during my next trip. Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about this or recommendations of practitioners.

July 24th, 2011, 17:24
Try this place I always found them excellent. Get off the BTS at Asoke and cross over Soi Asoke it's the business building on the corner of Soi 25.

Suit 1601, Glas Haus Bldg., 1 Sukhumvit Soi 25 Rd., Bangkok 10110 Tel: 0-2259-0401

Or look here:

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/dental_clinic.html

mahjongguy
July 24th, 2011, 17:42
For the three years that I lived in Silom I got all my work done at BNH on soi Convent. Crowns, fillings, cleanings. Not to mention a major jaw surgery.

You can save 25% by going to one of the nearby clinics but BNH is still half of American prices and you couldn't ask for better.

thonglor55
July 24th, 2011, 18:25
Try this place - they'll even send a car for you! http://www.thantakit.com/about-thantaki ... iland.html (http://www.thantakit.com/about-thantakit-dental-clinic-bangkok-thailand.html)

Yraen
July 24th, 2011, 20:11
Just my experience :) FYI

Either Bumrungrad Hospital on Sumkhumvit Soi 1 - expensive by Thai standards but reasonable by Western - I have had great service over many years.

Or BCH (Bangkok Christian Hospital) on Silom Rd. Get off BTS at Sala Daeng on Soi 4 side of road and walk about 250m towards Chong Nonsi. Service is good and prices are very reasonable.

Any private hospital offering services to expats is arguably preferable to clinics.

Good luck.

maisoui
July 27th, 2011, 02:35
Many thanks for the help.

Brad the Impala
July 27th, 2011, 04:03
I'd second the Bangkok Nursing Home. Very happy with the work done there.

adman5000
July 27th, 2011, 07:39
I have gone to BNH for the last 5+ years and had excellent treatment there and good pricing compared to USA.

sydneyboy
July 27th, 2011, 17:45
I endorse BNH. I needed a dentist last year on New Years Day (of all days!) and hotel referred me to BNH. They were efficient, charming and cheap.

Beachlover
July 31st, 2011, 20:56
Any private hospital offering services to expats is arguably preferable to clinics.
That's an interesting tip. I'm curious... Why do you believe that and what advantages do private hospitals offer over clinics?

Yraen
July 31st, 2011, 22:14
That's an interesting tip. I'm curious... Why do you believe that and what advantages do private hospitals offer over clinics?

Hospitals in Thailand are not similar to hospitals in Oz. They really are there to provide very competent service to the local population (or at least those who can afford to pay). Some, like Bumrungrad, have been built with "medical tourism" in mind.
Check out some of the clientel and the amount of gold they wear. :king:
Private and district hospitals alike provide one-stop-shopping for all one's medical requirements - medical, dental, opto, audio, etc etc Goto any of their websites and investigate the services the hospital provides.

Additionally, the privately run hospitals (that can afford to pay good money) get "the cream of the crop" from the universities.
Generally speaking, the service at BNH, BCH, Bumrungrad, and the like is comprehensive and competent. Even the out-of-the-way Phuket Town district hospital enjoys a good reputation.

From comments made by expat friends (I have no personal experience), it seems that the clinics are more likely to be tourist-siphons. I have noticed that generally they are located in tourist frequented locations.

Cheers.

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2011, 01:05
Cool... Thanks for the intelligent insight, Yraen.

the privately run hospitals (that can afford to pay good money) get "the cream of the crop" from the universities.
Really? Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what they pay med graduates (medical doctors) and dentists? How does the pay and career prospects in these top private hospitals compare with other hospitals and clinics? Just curious.