PDA

View Full Version : Fun evening at Happy Place bar Big Banana

July 23rd, 2011, 12:40
Last night July 22, I met a friend at Happy Place for their Bingo and then a Big Banana Night. I have always enjoyed the Bingo night. 100 baht per round, 3 winners per round. The prizes range from bottles of liquor and wine to certificates for dinners, and the final of the 3 rounds is a free off and 1000 baht for the boy you off (good until the end of the year). My friend won a free off and certificate for 250 baht at a local restaurant. Another won a 2000 baht certificate at Bruno's (?) and a free off. About 45 minutes later came the first "Big Banana" contest.

The idea was that any Thai could enter free for prizes of 5000, 3000, or 1000 baht. This was the first time Happy Place held this contest. They had 7 contestants and all, in my opinion, could have won the contest. There was a group of judges and 3 customers were asked to spray water on the contestants wearing tight white underwear. After an elimination round, the final 3 appeared again. More spraying then the judges made their final decisions. Even though the judges picked the wrong boy to win (in my opinion) :D , it was fun. The bar was completely packed. Some customers could not gain entrance it was so full, but at the end of the contest the bar cleared quickly even though there was a cabaret show still to come.

The event really moved along. No delays. Good 2 hours (9:30 to 11:45) worth of fun.