PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya: "seedy seaside resort"

thonglor55
July 21st, 2011, 13:28
Many Forum members will, I'm sure, be outraged to read the characterisation of their beloved Pattaya as a "seedy seaside resort" beloved of the world's criminals on the run. That is, however, the gist of a story in today's NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/21/world/asia/21iht-thailand21.html?scp=2&sq=thailand&st=cse)
... a scan of recent headlines in Thailand suggests that the U.S. fugitives are but a footnote on a long rap sheet of globe-trotting felons on the loose.

In the past two years, the news media here have reported the arrest in Thailand of Germans wanted for fraud and tax evasion; a man suspected of being a South Korean mafia boss; Czech bank robbers convicted of stealing several million euros (and who fled to Thailand after jumping bail while their case was under appeal); Pakistani passport forgers; a convicted Filipino murderer who was the most wanted man in the Philippines but worked in Bangkok as a jeweler; a French drug trafficker who thought he could elude the police by using his brotherтАЩs passport; the head of JapanтАЩs second-largest organized crime syndicate; an Israeli fugitive convicted of double murder in Belgium and traveling on a forged Maldives passport; an Indian man wanted for sending a bevy of fraudulent spam; an Australian suspected of murdering a family of three; and a seemingly countless number of pedophiles.

Add to the list Viktor Bout, suspected of being an international arms dealer, who was extradited to the United States in November after a protracted legal battle in Thailand.

Many criminals seem to find refuge in Pattaya, the seedy seaside resort southeast of Bangkok ...

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 13:45
Of course it's seedy its one of the sweetest sleaziest places on earth. Isn't that the attraction? It's not like you'd go there for the beach. The beaches are disgusting, especially since Thailand has plenty of beautiful beaches elsewhere why would you settle or the gravel and mud of pattaya.

Pattaya is delightfully seedy.

latintopxxx
July 21st, 2011, 14:40
careful...a447 might object to that statement....he's here for the temples, pagodas and to imerse himself in the local culture....

thonglor55
July 21st, 2011, 15:07
... imerse himself in the local culture....A cum bath?

July 21st, 2011, 15:37
A veritable rogues gallery indeed - but I strongly suspect the New York Times could find every type of undesirable mentioned and many more , much much closer to home.

:occasion9:

a447
July 21st, 2011, 16:39
latinpox, WRONG AGAIN!! Christ - can't you get ANYTHING right??

if you care to read ANY of my previous reports on my exploits in BKK and Pattaya, (I've written quite a few over the years, in graphic detail you could say) you will no doubt come to the conclusion that, far from being here for the temples (couldn't give a fuck, really), I am 110% into sleaze. I can fuck, sa-moke and chuck wow with the best of them. Members of this board who have read my posts can attest to that.
And as for pagodas, I think you are in the wrong country. Pagodas are in China and Japan. They are called "wats" here.
Again, it makes one wonder - have you really ever been to Thailand??

latintopxxx
July 21st, 2011, 18:17
oh dear I can just see you hopping up and down with indignation....my dear the fact that I call them pagodas is because they look like pagodas when I drive past them ....did the whole temple, palace, english dudes place by the river who was into silk I think....many years ago and once was one time too many...
You really have to try and get a life...stop gleaming tidbits fron national geographic...

neoncrusade
July 21st, 2011, 18:30
Reading some recent posts from you guys Latinpoxxx and a447 - I think you'd make a wonderful couple. Please let me know if you decide to tie the knott....I've always fancied being a bridesmaid, should you ask me naturally.

latintopxxx
July 21st, 2011, 19:52
neoncrusade...you'r evil....

Smiles
July 21st, 2011, 22:13
" ... I can fuck, sa-moke and chuck wow with the best of them. Members of this board who . . . can attest to that ... "
a447 ... I'd be most happy to personally confirm that you can, and have, made good on all of your claims above. My ass still hurts!
To Latintopxxx: you should be so lucky to have had an 'encounter' with the very formidable a447. :headbang: A dick like a 747!

latintopxxx
July 22nd, 2011, 06:11
...as my monikor would indicate...it's the other end that interests me...

thrillbill
July 22nd, 2011, 08:53
I work in the industrial area near Pattaya and Sri Racha so my apartment is in Pattaya. The "seediness" of the city is like surfing through your TV channels--you pick and choose what you want--X rated or G rated. True, the "seediness" is more in ones face here but one can avoid it. What is the worse thing about Pattaya is the sewage which poors into Pattay Bay; the garbage left on the beaches from the high tide; the empty foam food cartons and soup bowls left along the beach promenade; the raw sewer stench along the streets ; the vendors/ fat farangs/ and sleeping soi dogs/ telephone polls and booths that occupies every centimeter of the sidewalks which is more like an obstacle course.

thonglor55
July 22nd, 2011, 09:23
I work ... What is the worse thing about Pattaya is the sewage which poors into Pattay Bay ...Not as an English teacher I hope! "worse" (should be worst) and "poors" (should be pours) are typical howlers - and both in a single sentence.

Marsilius
July 22nd, 2011, 11:55
And don't forget those telephone "polls" (which are, in any case, often discounted by modern psephologists as disproportionately biased towards middle class owners of land line telephones).

a447
July 22nd, 2011, 12:32
english dudes place by the river who was into silk

Is that how you describe Jim Thompson?? Someone who was "into silk?" He actually singlehandedly restarted the whole industry after the war!
And English? No, he was American.
Anyone who's visited Bangkok would know that. It's pretty basic knowledge that you obviously do not have. As I stated elsewhere, you've certainly not spent much time in LOS. It's bleeding obvious from just about all your posts. This is merely another example.
And BTW it's "monikEr" not 'monikOr." A strange mistake from someone who in another thread purports
look that up to be an international auditor. Hard to believe you even got out of primary school.

Please let me know if you decide to tie the knott

The only knot I'd like to tie would be around Latinpox's neck.

dab69
July 23rd, 2011, 04:03
untreated sewage is deliberately rerouted under
certain sidewalks to keep out the Beachlover types