PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia hotel or Babylon?

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 09:42
Which of these hotels is the better option? Do they have wifi?

July 21st, 2011, 09:56
I have stayed at the Babylon hotel only once and the Malaysia maybe 3 or 4 times. I think Malaysia is a better value. I'm not sure about wi-fi at the Malaysia, but they do have computers in the lobby, you are able to use for a price. May I suggest the Pinnacle hotel down the street. They have a very nice breakfast buffet included in the price of the room.

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 10:40
I have stayed at the Babylon hotel only once and the Malaysia maybe 3 or 4 times. I think Malaysia is a better value. I'm not sure about wi-fi at the Malaysia, but they do have computers in the lobby, you are able to use for a price. May I suggest the Pinnacle hotel down the street. They have a very nice breakfast buffet included in the price of the room.

Pinnacle appears to be a bit more expensive but big step up in quality so I might consider it if budget allows. I heard you have to pay a joiners fee for your guests. If so then how much would a joiners fee be?

July 21st, 2011, 10:50
Pinnacle appears to be a bit more expensive but big step up in quality so I might consider it if budget allows. I heard you have to pay a joiners fee for your guests. If so then how much would a joiners fee be?
I have stayed at the Pinnacle many, many times through the years and have never paid a joiners fee. It has been a while since my last stay at the Pinnacle, but I would be surprised to hear of a joiners fee policy being enforced.

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 10:51
The Malaysia hotel does seem to have a nice atmosphere. Some local guys took me there for drinks one night after dj station closed. It seems to be a pretty happening spot.

gaymandenmark
July 21st, 2011, 18:08
Pinnacle take a fee now for overnight guest, but I dont think their policy is constant. I have heard that if your overnight guest is checked in, and you pay for a double room, sometimes you can avoid it.

WiFi is now possible in the rooms at Malaysia, but it is not free, last time I think I paid 100 bht for 24 hours.

latintopxxx
July 21st, 2011, 18:23
both babs and malaysia charge for the wifi...malaysia is a lot cheaper, staff are very gay friendly, lots of rent boys available (a447 don't try and deny this), rooms are large, safe enviornment,good aircon, good resaurant downstarirs...nice to have a beer ot two late in the evening and watch the rent boys ply their trade...
babs can be a lot of fun, shared bathrooms can be a lot of fun...but is a bit hit and miss as sometimes most of the guests belong in jurassic park.

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 19:26
So there's usually some approachable Thais hanging around the malaysia hotel at night?

latintopxxx
July 21st, 2011, 19:53
good heavens yes....can't imagine anyone having difficulty connecting there...

July 21st, 2011, 20:31

Provided you have the right couplings.

:occasion9:

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2011, 00:29
So there's usually some approachable Thais hanging around the malaysia hotel at night?

I suspect you havent been there recently.
They have had a clean up... :crybaby:

yaraboy
July 22nd, 2011, 00:34
WIFI at Pinnacle now free.............also a free computer in lobby
Book a double room if you want company.....only 100 baht or so and includes breakfast
Best rates from Jimmy
More appropriate venue if you want a quieter stay and are not so interested in rent or sex scene

colmx
July 22nd, 2011, 01:35
Ibis across the street from the Malaysia is a much better bet than either in my opinion....
Especially if you can get 3 for teh price of 2 deal by booking early...

July 22nd, 2011, 01:46
..Pinnacle...more appropriate venue if you want a quieter stay and are not so interested in rent or sex scene

So is a coffin, dear.

:occasion9:

Brisboy82
July 22nd, 2011, 03:09
[quote]So there's usually some approachable Thais hanging around the malaysia hotel at night?

I suspect you havent been there recently.
They have had a clean up... :crybaby:[/quote:s5uufcpn]

That's rather foolish o them since that seems to attract customers. Are there any moneyboys left at all?

Brisboy82
July 22nd, 2011, 03:12
WIFI at Pinnacle now free.............also a free computer in lobby
Book a double room if you want company.....only 100 baht or so and includes breakfast
Best rates from Jimmy
More appropriate venue if you want a quieter stay and are not so interested in rent or sex scene

I am very interested in sex... !

gaymandenmark
July 22nd, 2011, 03:33
Ibis across the street from the Malaysia is a much better bet than either in my opinion....

I dont agree with you on this.
Of course IBIS is more modern but their rooms are small in my opinion. I almost felt claustrophobic when I stayed there.
And if you are a smoker it is a no go, all of the hotel is smoking free, and, not only related to smoking, you can not open the window in your room.

@claustrophobic
It is sometime ago they cleaned it up and I appreciate that. But if you are into it there are a lot of hookers in the streets in front and around.

@Brissboy82
No it is not stupied at all, because they had to clean it up, and you are not the only style of customer staying there. The coffee shop is not at all bustling as before, but it can still be fun to sit outside with some of the crowd from DJ, when they go for a nightcab and some food.

Brisboy82
July 22nd, 2011, 05:02

@Brissboy82
No it is not stupied at all, because they had to clean it up, and you are not the only style of customer staying there. The coffee shop is not at all bustling as before, but it can still be fun to sit outside with some of the crowd from DJ, when they go for a nightcab and some food.

I was under the impression that the Malaysia hotel was primarily a sex tourist hotel. As for Thais going there after dj station how do they determine who is a moneyboy and who isn't? There's a fine line between ho is and isn't in the gay community particularly where Thai-farang relations are concerned. And does this 'clean up' mean that they frown upon bringing moneyboys back to your room?

Maybe Babylon is a safer bet just to avoid discrimination.

latintopxxx
July 22nd, 2011, 06:16
last visit was late May of this year and there was talent galore...must admit that they were getting quite daring...maybe the clean up you refer too is them been pushed back out onto the street.

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2011, 07:39
That's rather foolish o them since that seems to attract customers. Are there any moneyboys left at all?

I was under the impression that the Malaysia hotel was primarily a sex tourist hotel. As for Thais going there after dj station how do they determine who is a moneyboy and who isn't?

Brisboy...I get the feeling that you are looking for a place with hot and cold running boys.
Maybe in the past, but certainly not now.
Sorry to disappoint ... you may wish to stay elsewhere.
I saw nothing when I stayed there for a week in December, not even in the street.

thrillbill
July 22nd, 2011, 09:26
I stayed at the barracks in BB and it was..."ok" but for the same price, I prefer my own private bathroom which one can have for the same price at Malaysia Hotel or Ibis. Also, it is easier to flag down a taxi than at BB. YES!!! After midnight, there are plenty of commercial boys looking for someone at the cafe in Malaysia Hotel.

gaymandenmark
July 22nd, 2011, 19:50
They do not ask, if the one you bring back to your room is a moneyboy or not, in fact they dont care.
What they did, when they cleaned up, whas they were tired of what should I call it, more inferior persons running around their property.
I dont know if they did it by themselves or under press from the authorities.

Malaysia is not a sex hotel, but there are a lot of sex going on in the hotel, and many sextourist are staying there. And they dont care who you bring back to you room, if your "guest" is of legal age or not someone they for some or another reason, dont want to see on their property. That makes it a safe place to stay.

martin911
July 23rd, 2011, 00:43

I would second that re Ibis
As its a very new hotel,furnishings reflect in that ,got a good resturant downstairs,and a very good farang style rest across the soi

the staff are very gay friendly (has at least 2 very goodlooking gay boys at recpetion ) and are very very tolerant -- I have arrived there sometimes quite late 10/11 pm ,checked in usually w Bf --and then we go out and sometimes have 2 more with us going back in at 6/7am --and its the same /shiftstaff behind rercpition that would have checked us in -so they know we only have the one room--and they dont even blink an eye at us as we stumble towards the elevators -- i really like that about the place ,u are never made uncomfortable

And so flexible -- i usually dont bother booking bofore i go --als get the rate of 1391b opun arrival ,and will let you stay till 2pm day of checkout,and 50% charge for extended check out at 6pm
And 5 min taxi to Silom/10 min stroll to Babylon

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in bkk(my old favorite was The Swiss Lodge ) for silom acess over the years -and after trying the Ibis 2 years ago i havnt
bothered with anywhere else --

dab69
July 23rd, 2011, 03:49
spies, international agents, and the police
will watch you wherever you go.

gay-thailand-f9/spies-sunee-bars-t21226.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/spies-sunee-bars-t21226.html)

trying to hide will only make them more suspicious

Brisboy82
July 23rd, 2011, 13:13
The ibis sounds really nice I might look into that.

goteed1
August 2nd, 2011, 07:57
Dredging up this old thread because i'm wondering about this place...

http://silom.glowstudios.com/

I can get a nice deal on a suite with breakfast and I'm not sure if anyone on this board has ever stayed here, but my questions is, is this place close enough to walk to gay nightlife?

150 Silom Soi 3 (Naratiwas Soi 3 or Sathorn Soi 8)
Silom Road, Bangkok 10500

Yraen
August 2nd, 2011, 08:50
The clean-up is real.

Apparently one guy (horsing around) went over the rail of the gazebo (where the boys liked to hang and chat) and busted his head in. Together with a couple of "nasty & embarrassing incidents" and management have banned the bees-around-the-hive gatherings.

Overnight 'guests' are still welcome subject to the usual security arrangements. I have to agreed with earlier comments; the unavailablity of 'local fauna' seems to be having an adverse effect on the number of gay guys booking in.

There is also a total clamp-down on non-guests in the pool area. The pool staff watch closely and any non-guest intending to swim will be quickly warned off. While I was there, one guests unwisely said, "Don't worry about it". Both guest and non-guest were told to leave the pool area and the guest was banned from the pool for the duration of his stay. He booked out. :)

While management and staff are still very gay friendly, to compensate, management are pushing the 'family hotel' theme. (Read ankle-biters in the pool area etc)

kittyboy
August 2nd, 2011, 11:33
The clean-up is real.

Apparently one guy (horsing around) went over the rail of the gazebo (where the boys liked to hang and chat) and busted his head in. Together with a couple of "nasty & embarrassing incidents" and management have banned the bees-around-the-hive gatherings.

Overnight 'guests' are still welcome subject to the usual security arrangements. I have to agreed with earlier comments; the unavailablity of 'local fauna' seems to be having an adverse effect on the number of gay guys booking in.

There is also a total clamp-down on non-guests in the pool area. The pool staff watch closely and any non-guest intending to swim will be quickly warned off. While I was there, one guests unwisely said, "Don't worry about it". Both guest and non-guest were told to leave the pool area and the guest was banned from the pool for the duration of his stay. He booked out. :)

While management and staff are still very gay friendly, to compensate, management are pushing the 'family hotel' theme. (Read ankle-biters in the pool area etc)

I stayed at the Malaysia July 9th-14th and it was all quiet on the coffee shop front. I used to love going to the Malaysia Hotel day or night and find lots of rent boys hanging about...Hmmm.hardly a boy in sight this trip.
I expect more sleaze and less decorum in my hotels.
Clean sheets are a must have.

kittyboy
August 2nd, 2011, 11:33
The clean-up is real.

I stayed at the Malaysia July 9th-14th and it was all quiet on the coffee shop front. I used to love going to the Malaysia Hotel day or night and find lots of rent boys hanging about...Hmmm.hardly a boy in sight this trip.
I expect more sleaze and less decorum in my hotels.
Clean sheets are a must have.

August 2nd, 2011, 14:56
A farang friend of mine lives close to the Malaysia and we went there last Saturday night for a drink after DJ's. We were the only customers sat outside by the fish pool and there was one farang str8 couple eating inside.

After about 5 minutes I saw a pleasant young guy who I had talked to in DJ walk by the entrance of the car park so I called out to him to join us and he came and sat down with us. A fat waiter inside saw this guy and started waving his arms about then came outside to rudely tell the boy to leave. I told him that he was my guest and that I was paying the bill. This cut no ice with this waiter and he reitterated that the boy had to go.

The situation could have been handled a lot better without this rude waiter raising his voice and making gestures for the guy to leave.
We all left; so the hotel lost 3 customers thanks to the bad manners of the waiter. My farang friend has vowed not to return to the Malaysia even tho he has been going there to eat and drink for several years. "It's not like it used to be" he said "and the behaviour and manners of the staff have deteriorated beyond what is acceptable ... even for the Malaysia's reputation".

The problem is, where else is there to go in that area for refreshments after the discos have closed?

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2011, 22:14
The problem is, where else is there to go in that area for refreshments after the discos have closed?
Don't know about the Sathorn area but there's usually plenty of nice street food stalls and eateries open after DJ closes. There's even one right out the front of DJ Station.

August 2nd, 2011, 22:41
The Suriwongse Hotel Coffee Shop, just off Rama on Suriwong used to be another place to grab a late night beer etc..

llz
August 3rd, 2011, 02:40
I can get a nice deal on a suite with breakfast and I'm not sure if anyone on this board has ever stayed here, but my questions is, is this place close enough to walk to gay nightlife?

My Mapmagic map gives 720 m to Solid Bar (walking along the neighbouring Soi Phiphat where there used to be very ordinary boy bar), and another 500 m to the Soi Twilight entrance. So I guess you could call this walking distance.
You could use the Skytrain too from Chong Nongsi to Soi Thanya entrance (Sala Daeng Station), where you would be only 300 m from Soi Twilight entrance.
Never staid there.

gaymandenmark
August 3rd, 2011, 03:12
A farang friend of mine lives close to the Malaysia and we went there last Saturday night for a drink after DJ's. We were the only customers sat outside by the fish pool and there was one farang str8 couple eating inside.

After about 5 minutes I saw a pleasant young guy who I had talked to in DJ walk by the entrance of the car park so I called out to him to join us and he came and sat down with us. A fat waiter inside saw this guy and started waving his arms about then came outside to rudely tell the boy to leave. I told him that he was my guest and that I was paying the bill. This cut no ice with this waiter and he reitterated that the boy had to go.

The situation could have been handled a lot better without this rude waiter raising his voice and making gestures for the guy to leave.
We all left; so the hotel lost 3 customers thanks to the bad manners of the waiter. My farang friend has vowed not to return to the Malaysia even tho he has been going there to eat and drink for several years. "It's not like it used to be" he said "and the behaviour and manners of the staff have deteriorated beyond what is acceptable ... even for the Malaysia's reputation".

I think I know this waiter, and if he is the same, he has always been very friendly to me and my thai friends.