PDA

View Full Version : Inflation ?

lukylok
July 20th, 2011, 00:56
I was in Krazy Dragon tonight and noticed that drinks have gone up from 99 all drinks last week to 110 bahts
all drinks. An increase but still cheap compared to others.

bao-bao
July 20th, 2011, 01:46
I for one wouldn't fault KD for raising the prices by 11 baht, and I don't drink liquor so I'm buying water for that price, as opposed to the watered-down drinks I keep reading complaints about here in posts about other clubs. They've held the line at 99 baht for a long time - and not just for special nights.
If it's true perhaps there is something to this "low season" we keep hearing about! :cheers:

stevehadders
July 20th, 2011, 02:09
Totally agree - still great value, and they held the 99 baht for a very long time

latintopxxx
July 27th, 2011, 05:41
people go to KD for the drinks????????

Thor69
July 27th, 2011, 17:51
If 11 baht or about .37 US harms your budget, perhaps you shouldn't be going out to a bar.
Prices do change and can't remain the same forever!
:glasses7:

MARK
July 27th, 2011, 18:31
We have held the drinks prices at 99bht for as long as possible we have been open over five and a half years alcohol has risen slightly in this time but other overheads have risen greatly over the years. Over the past couple of years some bars have followed and reduced there prices to 89/99bht which has been of benefit to many visitors to the area.

We continue to sell top brand name products only and hope you will continue to enjoy your selves on your visits.

Regards Mark and John :hello2:

arsenal
July 27th, 2011, 20:55
If you don't make a profit you won't bother opening and if you don't bother opening Sunnee loses one of it's crown jewels. Assuming I buy four drinks a night for two weeks that works out at an increase of 616 Baht or about ┬г12.00. Hardly breaks the bank does it? Prices in the area have come down because of Krazy and it has excellent customer service to boot.

And no Scottish-guy before you ask. I am not his fucking agent, business partner or relation. Just a very satisfied customer.

July 28th, 2011, 04:40
"His "fucking" agent"?

I'm sure Mark can self-manage his sexual encounters perfectly adequately :rolling:

But since you have put the idea into my head, I think I'll get a fucking agent - I'm tired of handling myself.

:occasion9:

arsenal
July 28th, 2011, 08:38
Scottish-guy

Ha ha. Most excellent punning. Yes, if anything Mark is one of my fucking agents.

MARK
July 28th, 2011, 09:38
Do I get to charge for this service :rolling: :rolling:

thonglor55
July 28th, 2011, 14:53
Do I get to charge for this serviceYou don't charge an "off" fee?

lonelywombat
July 28th, 2011, 16:49
I'm sure Mark can self-manage his sexual encounters perfectly adequately :rolling:

But since you have put the idea into my head, I think I'll get a fucking agent - I'm tired of handling myself.

I had heard that your were down in the doldrums, but its good to see you are gradually pulling yourself out.

August 1st, 2011, 19:14
We have held the drinks prices at 99bht for as long as possible we have been open over five and a half years alcohol has risen slightly in this time but other overheads have risen greatly over the years. Over the past couple of years some bars have followed and reduced there prices to 89/99bht which has been of benefit to many visitors to the area.

We continue to sell top brand name products only and hope you will continue to enjoy your selves on your visits.

Regards Mark and John :hello2:

Not been there for a long time....

I be back soon ! :alc:

August 1st, 2011, 21:24
In Hua Hin there's been a bit of a price war on drinks - last time I was there, one bar on the outskirts was doing Chang happy hours at 35bt, and another 55bt for any drink bought before 9pm. Aside from the posh hotels, I don't think anyone tries to charge more than 80bt for a small bottle.

I spent a short time at Chiang Mai this year (although there's too much smoke in the air there now) and large bottles were selling for little more than small ones in HH.

Obviously KD has a stage act to fund, but I think in those venues it's better to make your money on the lady (or boy) drinks - especially at the quieter times..

MARK
August 2nd, 2011, 10:27
In Hua Hin there's been a bit of a price war on drinks - last time I was there, one bar on the outskirts was doing Chang happy hours at 35bt, and another 55bt for any drink bought before 9pm. Aside from the posh hotels, I don't think anyone tries to charge more than 80bt for a small bottle.

I spent a short time at Chiang Mai this year (although there's too much smoke in the air there now) and large bottles were selling for little more than small ones in HH.

Obviously KD has a stage act to fund, but I think in those venues it's better to make your money on the lady (or boy) drinks - especially at the quieter times..

Just a quick calculation on that one I would have to sell 3.000.00 bottles of Chang in a month just to pay the electricity bill.
And that would include not giving a boy back a tip on a drink there are 3 types of place you can buy beer at these prices 7/11 ect sand floor bars with bamboo round and bars that want to go bust once the owners cash dries up.
I myself like to make a salary for the work I do that means making a profit I hope to do that by providing a safe clean bar where customers can have fun and value for their money.
Ps we have not had a show for over 2 years and I would have had to sell 2.000.00 bottles of Chang to cover the salaries for that.
Just a point.

August 2nd, 2011, 17:26
Mark,

I don't dispute your need to make a living. As a businessman myself, I've looked at bar ownership a few times, but passed on the idea (mainly because I don't like paying rent - having the freehold is the key to good business in my book..)

I've seen scores of farangs set up bars that you know are doomed to fail from the day they open; mainly because there's nothing to draw people off the street, or they're in a backwater, or they're focusing on a small niche trade that's too small to be commercially viable, or that the bar itself is just too small to take enough money.

Everyone has their own business plan, but a bar with staff and no customers is bad news. Get the footfall first, and get money out of them second - would be my priorities...

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2011, 22:02
Yeah, but what kind of places are you talking about here? Are they gogo bars?

Come on, you do realise you're complaining about a bar charging 110 baht or about AUD$3.50 for a beer right? I usually pay $7 to $14 for beers in Sydney.

But that's besides the point because when you're talking about a gogo bar, which offers commercial sex, the business model is totally different. I imagine the number of staff a gogo bar has to manage and put on the payroll goes up ten-fold from a normal bar. Plus, they probably pay larger bribes and have other expenses normal bars don't have.
For all that, you're paying like an extra $1 for a beer. I mean, seriously... :drv:

August 2nd, 2011, 22:25
Beachlover,

I did acknowledge that KD has a stage act to fund..

My point is that these places need to pull in the punters first with a reasonable beer deal, and then make their money when the customers want to get up close and personal with the staff..

..if you start expensive, you tend to get fewer customers..

Beachlover
August 2nd, 2011, 22:35
Ok, fair enough...

I just think it's a bit odd to be saying that of KD's bar when other gogo bar's are charging 150 -300 baht per drink.

The fact is, the 110 baht isn't just for the drink. It's a cover charge to see the boys. I think customers who want to go into these places are willing to pay a premium over other normal bars.