PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air

luvthai-2
July 18th, 2011, 01:22
Starting October 31st Eva will fly JFK -TPE with a stop in anchorage for fueling. I usually go thru Newark but maybe this will allow better connection times.

July 18th, 2011, 01:39
Starting October 31st Eva will fly JFK -TPE with a stop in anchorage for fueling. I usually go thru Newark but maybe this will allow better connection times.

Do they still have evergreen class?

bao-bao
July 18th, 2011, 04:01
Do they still have evergreen class?
Yes. On some type of aircraft it's called Evergreen Deluxe and on others it's called Elite Class. The quality of the food in Evergreen seemed to have taken a bit of a dip the last couple of flights I've made, but it's still worth it for the added space of the seats and legroom on a longer flight.

bucknaway
July 18th, 2011, 04:23
Eva use to be a great deal for travel but lately the price to travel from EWR to BKK has become too high. It use to be about $800 RT but has now doubled.

I am considering flying with Korean Air out of Philadelphia for about $1300 RT. They arrive in BKK about about 9pm which gives me time to explore the city at night.

But if Thaifly is able to get me the $800 RT deal with Delta, than I will just suffer with Delta again.

bao-bao
July 18th, 2011, 05:43
I agree, prices have gone up. Not surprisingly fares are higher in our US Winter months and lower during the hotter months in Thailand (June and July). Good luck, Bucknaway.

vpnoy
July 24th, 2011, 05:35
I'm heading to BKK in Sept. Just looked up Eva Air today and it is $1500 RT from San Francisco on Eva Air! :(

Cathay Pacific is $1070.

Andrew.

cameroncat
July 24th, 2011, 06:33
That's a good price on Cathay (as long as you can stand a long flight like that in Economy. I gotta have at least Premium Economy for any flight over about 5 hours..).

Beachlover
August 4th, 2011, 23:19
On some type of aircraft it's called Evergreen Deluxe and on others it's called Elite Class. The quality of the food in Evergreen seemed to have taken a bit of a dip the last couple of flights I've made, but it's still worth it for the added space of the seats and legroom on a longer flight.
Aha! You previously told me that for USD$150 you can put a poor Thai kid through school for a year... That being the reason why you feel 5,000 baht/night is too much to pay for a hotel: gay-thailand-f9/siam-kempinski-hotel-opens-bangkok-t20535.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/siam-kempinski-hotel-opens-bangkok-t20535.html)
Using YOUR logic, couldn't the extra $500 you spend flying premium economy be better used to put THREE poor kids through school? :hello1:

Again, using your logic, most travelers manage to put up with economy. So as you said, "it's a matter of wants vs needs here". You also said, "I can be healthy, upbeat and productive most anywhere I set my mind to it". Does that exclude economy class?

I still love ya... just couldn't resist using your recent posts to point out the flaws in your logic. :happy7:

soi_toi
August 5th, 2011, 03:50
Yes. On some type of aircraft it's called Evergreen Deluxe and on others it's called Elite Class. The quality of the food in Evergreen seemed to have taken a bit of a dip the last couple of flights I've made, but it's still worth it for the added space of the seats and legroom on a longer flight.

My God, what's it like to attain celebrity status? The paparazzi are combing through your online life looking for scandal.
If I ever get the honour of meeting you in person, I will be hounding you for an autograph. :hello1:

Back on topic...there has been chatter on some of the frequent flyer forums that service in the Elite cabin has defaulted to that of Economy. The only differences between Econ and Elite are the bigger seat with extra 5 inches of legroom, a smaller more private cabin and the extra cash it took to pay for it. You're also able to upgrade to Premium Laurel if you have enough points, which is the only motivation for me to buy their Elite fare.
Personally I didn't enjoy my flights in Elite class. I found the seats to be extremely uncomfortable on both the 747 and 777.
When I fly Economy, I always get a seat on the upper deck of the 747, the legroom is a bit better, there's more room next to the window and it feels like I'm on a small plane as there are only 60 seats upstairs; it's easy to forget that there are over 300 other passengers downstairs.

Evergreen Deluxe on their older 747's is nicer IMO. The seats are more comfortable and spacious but the IFE is lacking.

Smiles
August 5th, 2011, 04:27
" ... The only differences between Econ and Elite are the bigger seat with extra 5 inches of legroom ... "
This is true on United as well. But there is at least one benefit which I really like (and it ain't the food!): every time I've flown Economy Plus (the UA equivalent to EVA Evergreen/Elite) the 'Plus' cabin has been a half to a third empty, even when they're stuffed to the gunwales in Reg Economy. If one is lucky you'll find yourself alone with 2 seats (777) or even 3 (747) and fold up arm rests. Even if luck is not with you, once in the air you can look around and easily find 2 seats all to yourself.
The 'Plus' on United is only an extra $150.

By the way, that extra 5 inches makes things a lot more comfortable. I'm not large (5'10" and 165 lbs) and find the full crossed leg position (male version) a joy to have available (cannot do in Reg Economy) . . . but I don't think Economy Plus inches will do much good for you full figured girls.

ikarus
August 5th, 2011, 11:06
Eva now has a relatively new hub in Toronto and surprisingly prices from Toronto to Taipei are much better than from any US place to the same destination. The only problem is that if you fly from US , you cannot make booking with Eva through Toronto. In other words, you need to arrange a trip from US to Toronto separately and on your own.