PDA

View Full Version : Tailor

stevehadders
July 17th, 2011, 04:13
I have had suits made before (a few times in Bangkok), and have been pleased with the results; the tailor was recommended by an expat.
Would anyone know a good tailor in Pattaya? I am back again at the end of August and may have 2/3 suits made
Boring question I know!

bing
July 19th, 2011, 19:35
Many years ago while staying at the Ambiance. the management suggested Jims.. Their email is jimspattaya@yahoo.com,,, They will take good care of you.. Not the cheapest in town but will do fine quality work, and will be sure to have you stop by for a final fitting.. so be sure to visit them early in your visit so they have time to do the final fitting before they deliver your order or before you pick it up at the store.

Jim International, 216/47-48 Central Shopping Arcade, 2nd Road, Pattaya City, 20260 Thailand. (easy way to find it is to find Mike Shopping Mall, and cross 2nd road and Jims will be in the middle of the arcade on the right hand side. Also may try www.jimtailor.com (http://www.jimtailor.com) or www.tailorthailand.com (http://www.tailorthailand.com)

With all this information,, perhaps i should let you know I have no financial tie to this store... I am a happy customer... They will take your measurements for future use,, but alas my tummy size changes a bit and needs to be changed every few years.

newalaan
July 19th, 2011, 22:06
Boring question I know!Not boring at all stevehadders if it's something that is of interest to you or others. It's these kind of queries for information which have (unfortunately )disappeared from this forum over the last couple of years as the snipers/trollers/flooders have gradually been able to take over and some members simply cant be bothered with the crap they get for asking 'ordinary' things. If the replies help you, they will also help others.

Marsha-old
July 19th, 2011, 23:34
Pattayaland Soi 2. Just near honest gems, same side of the road. Best price and best job. Beat them down in price as they always try it on.

stevehadders
July 20th, 2011, 00:15
thanks guys much appreciated!

July 20th, 2011, 01:44
Pattayaland Soi 2 also - just before the corner of Beach Road - don't know if it's the same one.

His young sales assistant rushed out and offered sex if I bought a suit!

"My Boss say, you buy suit, you can fuck me" were the exact words.

:occasion9:

stevehadders
July 20th, 2011, 01:54
now that is a real bargain.........did he use his tape measure? sorry...couldn't resist

July 20th, 2011, 02:18
There is a young assistant at Robinson's Tailor, Soi 2 Boyztown. STAY AWAY! Awfu workmanship and you get a deal first time, bad quality threads and really get screwed after that.

Marsha-old
July 20th, 2011, 02:55
Robinsons tailor is not the one I was talking about. Justme it's just down the road from you, but can't think of the name. All the years I have used the tailor, he has been first class.

gerefan2
July 20th, 2011, 06:55
STAY AWAY! Awfu workmanship
They suit you!
Sorrrrry

TrumplesOz
July 22nd, 2011, 11:47
Jim's International is my tailor of choice in Pattaya. Ian and Robbie of Le Cafe originally put me onto him many years ago now.

He's done suits, tuxedo shorts, shirts, trousers and shorts over the years for me and my boyfriend and we've never complained with his quality or promptness.

I only got an email from him 2 weeks or so ago saying he was moving to a new shop in some hotel in one of the Sois - didn't take much notice as I'll find out where he is next time we are there

John

July 22nd, 2011, 15:52
...tuxedo shorts...

Am I to take it that Australians wear shorts with a dinner jacket?
How utterly bizarre.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

July 22nd, 2011, 16:50
How utterly bizarre.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Bit like Jocks wearing one with a tartan skirt... :occasion9:

July 22nd, 2011, 16:55
How utterly bizarre.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Bit like Jocks wearing one with a tartan skirt... :occasion9:

I've never seen that - you must mix with sassenach-jocks.

Anybody with taste (like me of course) would wear a Prince Charlie jacket with his kilt, for black-tie occasions.

Not to be confused with a Prince Albert - which is another matter altogether.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2011, 06:23
Anybody with taste (like me of course) would wear a Prince Charlie jacket with his kilt, for black-tie occasions.
Black Prince one of your heros ...

July 24th, 2011, 08:09
Black Prince one of your heros ...

WFT?

TrumplesOz
July 25th, 2011, 08:52
Oppps, throw a comma in the description somewhere as you see fit to solve any confusion that might arise

stevehadders
October 9th, 2011, 19:10
Well thank-you all for your recommendations. I ended up with Jim International - he came to pick me up from my Hotel in Boyztown for each fitting at the shop in a Hotel just off beach road (he should now be in his new shop somewhere Pratumnak Hill (sorry for spelling).
I bought 3 suits, and have worn 2 of them a few times, and am very happy with the workmanship ( I never judge until I have dry cleaned them a few times).

I will definitely return for a couple more suits on my return in December :party

bucknaway
October 15th, 2011, 10:29
Pattayaland Soi 2 also - just before the corner of Beach Road - don't know if it's the same one.

So how was the fit?

October 15th, 2011, 14:35

So how was the fit?

Tight around the buttocks.