PDA

View Full Version : Next chapter

July 15th, 2011, 08:20
Hi Guys/Jinks,

The subject and arrest video raised its head again due to the interest of the programme ' Locked up abroad ' which have said they would like to speak to me with a possible view of airing this story on National Geographic.

I think I said before on here that I was no longer prepared to allow this nonsense to consume my life anymore, it's taken its toll already on me healthwise and I think the story has been seen, heard and around enough for people to know who was telling the truth and who wasn't. After that, it's really up to them what they choose to believe.

I am never going to accept the conviction because it was wrongful. If my story being highlighted many times stops this happening to anybody else, then some good has come out of it.

I cannot say I am particularly upset by the demise of Pattaya as a gay destination, but I still have friends there and so don't wish to gloat and hope for them they survive the downturn and their businesses flourish. There are some nice genuine guys in Pattaya that have been very good to me throughout.

I, as you know have been in P.D.R. Lao, and am now in Siem Reap. I don't honestly know what the future holds but its been an interesting visit so far. I can't comment yet on Cambodia as I just arrived, but I loved the Lao guys. Any future places I may open, would have to be discussed first with Tam, my partner of 15 years plus.

I may do nothing and just keep a lid on the drinking and wander around. I may have to return to the UK at short notice as my mother is now in extremely poor health, I have been nursing her whilst in the UK, as my two brothers who cared for her died within three months of each other whilst I was in the Bangkok Hilton. I therefore have bigger things on my mind and trying to get an extension built on my sisters house to accommodate my mother as she requires care 24/7.

I have purchased a house for my two sons to share,free of mortgage. They can then sell it and will both have substantial deposits if they move on and get married. I think then I've covered the bases family wise and can try and get on with the time I have left with Tam.

Cheers all, just for background this is what they had to say:

Rawtv Development 10 June at 23:04 Report

Dear Kevin,

I am writing from a television production company based in London, UK. We produce the television programme Locked Up Abroad for National Geographic US. We are currently looking for new episodes for our seventh series. I found a article on the internet about your ordeal in Thailand and I hope you donтАЩt mind me contacting you so directly through facebook.

Each episode of Locked up Abroad is a cautionary tale about someone who has lost their freedom far from their home through bad luck. All episodes seek to educate and deter people from falling into the same trap.

We compensate all contributors for the exchange of their story and if convenient would fly you to London for three days, of which one day would be taken up by a camera interview for the episode.

It would be great if we could just have a brief and informal chat which would carry no obligations to participate, just to talk about your ordeal and give you the opportunity to ask any questions about the development process.

Here is a link to the programme website, where you can watch past programmes http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... l/Overview (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/locked-up-abroad/all/Overview) and below is a link to our company website.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Julia

Julia Nottingham
Development Assistant Producer

Khor tose
July 15th, 2011, 09:47
Hi Guys/Jinks,

The subject and arrest video raised its head again due to the interest of the programme ' Locked up abroad ' which have said they would like to speak to me with a possible view of airing this story on National Geographic.

I think I said before on here that I was no longer prepared to allow this nonsense to consume my life anymore, it's taken its toll already on me healthwise and I think the story has been seen, heard and around enough for people to know who was telling the truth and who wasn't. After that, it's really up to them what they choose to believe.

I am never going to accept the conviction because it was wrongful. If my story being highlighted many times stops this happening to anybody else, then some good has come out of it.

I am a little confused here (not that rare of a occurrence anymore), are you going to do your story or not? I hope you do as it just may stop what happened to you from happening to another. Also, in many ways your struggle was inspirational to others. You fought against a corrupt system that jailed you, and yet in spite of all the hardship and turmoil you went through, you still endured and are now moving on. I do not know what others think or really care what they think, but I do admire you courage and your strength of will and think your story should be told for those reasons alone.

Please, I do have some idea about how painful it must be to drag up some of these memories, but one of the best ways to deal with Trauma is to talk about it. I, for one, would really hope you would reconsider, and give them your story. National Geo is a great platform and I am sure with the tons of documentation, Drummond reports and past history of you ex-partner you will come off as the good guy. I cannot think of a better platform for your story, and really think it should be told Internationally.
Maybe you can tell them you will think about it? :clock:

CoffeeBreak
July 15th, 2011, 11:38
I agree that you ought to do the Locked Up Abroad programme. It is a quality series, apparently hugely popular and viewed(take a look at it on You Tube) and you would be doing an enormous amount of good telling about what happened and how your were set up. The programme will be seen by millions and what better way to get back at those responsible for the injustice that befell you?
A picture speaks a thousand words. Those who wanted to destroy you need to be revealed as extensively as possible so as to warn others and to at least give you some closure and justice.

July 15th, 2011, 12:15
The people who are responsible have to account for their actions, someday, sometime, be brought to justice before a court of law or God himself.
The newspaper articles speak for themselves as to what happened and the court case of liable from those individuals against the newspaper reporter and the newspaper speak for itself. The reporter was not committing liable. Case dismissed.

Since all of this keeps coming to light, people know and people are much more wary of the individuals involved, although some still fall for them hook line and sinker, like these Swiss people who eventually woke up and smelled the coffee.

These articles need to keep being brought up so that newcomers to Thailand as well as people that never read about it are aware. It also keeps everyone on there toes and watching, knowing that EYES are upon them. Watching and waiting for them to have a go at their next target, so that maybe next time, they get caught.

I think it should be brought up constantly on the forums, in the newspapers, on television on radio.

July 15th, 2011, 13:40
I wish you the best, no matter what you decide Kevin. Hope you enjoy your trip.

July 15th, 2011, 14:30
I wish you the best, no matter what you decide Kevin. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Same same Kevin. Enjoy your trip. I look forward to catching up with you again in the near future.

Choc Dee,

George.

July 15th, 2011, 14:36
You are a true gentleman Kevin who considering the evil done to you show a great strength of character. I am honoured to be your friend, and wish you well in all that you may do.

July 15th, 2011, 14:43
All the people clamouring for Kevin to stir up all the agony again, ought to examine their motives.

Kevin has indicated a number of times that he wishes to "move on".
I take that to mean that he does not see it as his role in life to provide either "entertainment" or "cautionary tales" for interested observers - but simply to put all this behind him and to get on with his "new" life.

All the old women sitting round the SGT guillotine doing their knitting ought to respect this, stop pushing their own agendas, and let Kevin do whatever it is he wants to do, wherever he wants to do it.

If they really want to take on the villains of the piece (instead of sitting on the sidelines goading other people to do so) they know who and where they are.

:occasion9:

allieb
July 15th, 2011, 15:06
Kevin

The desision is yours wether or not to do the programe. My opinion is that The Thai and possibly the British authorities just want this to go away and dissappear into the archives. By doing the programe you will keep the story of your injustice alive.

The programme Locked up abroad is on TV around the world, even here in Saudi. Don't let your story die. The more it keeps popping up the better chance of justice. Look at Murdoch, the story just wouldn't go away and now the British Govenment have been forced to act.

July 15th, 2011, 15:18
Scottish, while I agree with you wholeheartedly, you see that jinks locked the thread that beachlover started. This would have accomplished anyone who wanted to remind readers about what happened without Kevin' consent. But as you can see, jinks wanted Kevins approval. That caused some to direct their attention to getting his approval.

I do agree that Kevin has said that he wants to move on and I respect that, but you do notice that whenever something comes up about Boyztown and the "sisters" , that he reminds people how evil they are and what they have done. In that he has communicated with Locked Up Abroad, that also shows that he would like to keep people reminded as to what some gentlemen are capable of, no?

Marsha-old
July 15th, 2011, 15:26
Kevin, you know my views, do the story. Don't leave anything out. Let them know about the other partner they had that was burnt to deaf. Let them know everything. This will be a shock for the Thai authorities and may make them finally sit up and listen.
Let's hope so and the true villians get what coming to them.

July 15th, 2011, 15:27
All the people clamouring for Kevin to stir up all the agony again, ought to examine their motives.

You have lost me on that post of yours Scotty. Kevin is moving on with his life, but why should he forget what happened or allow it to be forgotten there is a big difference? I am sure, just by the way that you fight your fight in SGT that if you had, had to endure even a little bit of what former business partners of the said duo have suffered then I am sure they/we/us would never hear the last of it. I think being consumed by hate is an entirely different thing than wanting justice. Personally, and I mean personally to let this die would be an injustice to those that have suffered. Whatever, Kevin as he has proved is his own man and will do what he thinks to be right, and he knows he will always have the support of his friends.

July 15th, 2011, 15:30
...In that he has communicated with Locked Up Abroad, that also shows that he would like to keep people reminded as to what some gentlemen are capable of, no?

Maybe I've mistunderstood but the impression I got was that the programme makers had "tracked him down" via Facebook, rather than any dialogue taking place.

I don't think it was anything proactive on Kevin's part to keep the saga rolling.

But as I've said, I may have misread

:dontknow: :dontknow:

July 15th, 2011, 15:41

You have lost me on that post of yours Scotty. Kevin is moving on with his life, but why should he forget what happened or allow it to be forgotten there is a big difference? I am sure, just by the way that you fight your fight in SGT that if you had, had to endure even a little bit of what former business partners of the said duo have suffered then I am sure they/we/us would never hear the last of it. I think being consumed by hate is an entirely different thing than wanting justice. Personally, and I mean personally to let this die would be an injustice to those that have suffered. Whatever, Kevin as he has proved is his own man and will do what he thinks to be right, and he knows he will always have the support of his friends.

Combat we have all had horror-stories in our lives - I know I have, I don't know about you.
Some might say theirs wasn't as bad as KQ's, others might say that their horror-story was worse.
What I do know is that one has to move on.
Kevin has done so and has expressed a wish to put this "horror-story" behind him, on more than one occassion.
I respect that 100%
He does not have some kind of "duty" to carry on this fight - nor do others (not you) have any right to keep dragging it up to satisy their own prurient interest, when the man himself has said he wants to get on with his life.
I don't see what you don't get, or where we disagree on this.

Marsha-old
July 15th, 2011, 15:53
Scottish-guy, Kevin does and will be getting on with his life. He however still wants justice to the two guys who did this to him. Believe me if Kevin can get back at them through this program, then I'm sure he will do so.
If I was in the other guys shoes I would start to worry. I have watched many of these programs and they go into the full story. They leave no stone unturned.

lexusgs
July 15th, 2011, 16:05
Hi Kev,

You're one classy guy and obviously have a great deal of patience with what life throws at you. Based on your input on this board I'm sure you're going to find what you are looking for. :hello2:

newalaan
July 15th, 2011, 17:04
I think TheMod was perfectly correct in locking the thread about kquill's experience as dredged up by BL. What BL failed to take onboard was that it was not his place to post anything about a current member here who could if he wanted have raised the issue himself. In that regard he has no understanding of the word RESPECT for others. And unfortunatley there are more than him who seem to have a complete lack of respect, discussing, blathering and gossiping about the situation when it's clear kquill can read those few ill informed posts now littering the thread. I realise most are simply supportive messages, but it only takes one or two posts to take it into disrespectful territory.

This thread, in my opinion, out of sheer respect for the severity of the situation, should have been locked directly after kquills statement and left as his last word on the subject and not been allowed to fall victim to a few gossiping housewives who are adding nothing to the situation. If kquill wants to add more i'm sure he is perfectly capable of doing so. What is the point of speculation when kquill is a member here, and can release the information he wants to made public himself.

If members want to discuss any of the soi3 'goings-on' then start a new thread entitled, "soi3 goings on" and keep a respectful distance from kquills personal situation. My opinion only to lock this thread.

neoncrusade
July 15th, 2011, 17:40
I don't know Kevin, but remember seeing him about in Boyz Town many years ago.....I haven't met a Thai that worked in Boyz Town that had a bad word to say about him. What happened to Kevin was a bloody disgrace, and while I agree with Scots Guy, I also think that doing a doc with a world renowned channel like National Geographic will keep the heat on people who are still today living the life of riley. An opportunity like this isn't going to come around very often, and agreeing to do it wouldn't stop Kevin from persuing his search for a new life in other parts of Asia. Justice doesn't come knocking at your door....you have to fight for it.

Whatever you do Kevin, I hope you have a bloody good time doing it!

stevehadders
July 17th, 2011, 04:37
Bit like Neoncruise - saw and spoke to Kevin several times in BT during my holidays - a real gent and great businessman. For years, since knowing about those who I choose not to mention, I have avoided their gaze and establishment, and look forward to their day of judgement whenever and wherever that is.

I would love Kevin to appear in the series, hopefully another step closer to finishing off the BT mafia.... however the main point is that Kevin, I believe, has to have "me time" to spend enjoying time he has lost, with Tam. The decision is solely his and his alone, and I respect that.

July 17th, 2011, 05:19
Hi,

If the production team decide to go with the story guys, I am doing it and prepared to give the FULL information one more very last time!

stevehadders
July 17th, 2011, 05:34
That is great news!

Enjoy Siem Reap

gerefan2
July 17th, 2011, 06:19
I suspect Kevin opened this thread to see what members thought of the idea of going along with this documentary.
I further suspect he took on board what most people have said and has, therefore, decided...

to give the FULL information one more very last time
Excellent news.

July 17th, 2011, 06:54
Locked Up Abroad is an excellent TV series.

You may not want to revisit your past experiences but the more you talk about it, share it with others, the better you will feel.
Think of it as "paid therapy." I would love to hear your story from you!

However, that being said, it is your life and it's "up to you" to do whatever makes you happy.

Khor tose
July 17th, 2011, 10:35
That is great news Kevin, and your choice is typical of the courage you have always displayed.

July 17th, 2011, 12:15
That is great news Kevin, and your choice is typical of the courage you have always displayed.

I agree that kquill is courageous. kquill should be careful though since sometimes, the story that finally hits the screen can be surprising, just like his last hearing which was thought my many of us to be a sham by the Thai court.

kittyboy
July 17th, 2011, 12:32
Locked Up Abroad is an excellent TV series.

You may not want to revisit your past experiences but the more you talk about it, share it with others, the better you will feel.
Think of it as "paid therapy." I would love to hear your story from you!

However, that being said, it is your life and it's "up to you" to do whatever makes you happy.

I do not know Kquill..I have heard the story and I do wish him luck.
All of us can give our opinions but ultimately it is up to Kquill to decide.

Many posters seem to be of the opinion that talking about a traumatic event is always cathartic and will make a person feel better and lead to a healthier psyche. Sorry that is not correct.

In some people the process of talking and reliving an event is very painful and it becomes this endless emotional loop of why did this happen to me, why did I suffer etc..it becomes a form of brooding and in those cases it is emotionally unhealthy to relive a painful event.

For other people talking about a tragic event it can be cathartic..a way of letting go and moving on and leading a healthy life centered on the present.

Sorry, guys there is no one right answer on how to deal with a traumatic event.

DanielMonroe..I am not picking a fight with you I just disagree with your blanket statement.

Beachlover
July 18th, 2011, 02:04
Best wishes for whatever the next chapter brings, Kev!

To do an in-depth documentary like this is a very personal decision, so I'm happy you said you want to do it if given the opportunity.

Andrew Drummond's recent article mentioned some obstacles, which may hinder the producer's ability to progress the project so there's no guarantees. But good luck!

I think being consumed by hate is an entirely different thing than wanting justice. Personally, and I mean personally to let this die would be an injustice to those that have suffered. Whatever, Kevin as he has proved is his own man and will do what he thinks to be right...
Totally agree with this and with what Marigar and Allieb have said too. I think he's wise to do what he can to achieve justice, while not allowing it to consume his life or inhibit future aspirations.

I understand Justme's opinion, but I don't think bringing it up ad nauseam in EVERY BT related thread to be in people's faces is good. Just an occasional reminder so it doesn't die.

July 18th, 2011, 02:11
Totally agree with this and with what Marigar and Allieb have said too. I think he's wise to do what he can to achieve justice, while not allowing it to consume his life or inhibit future aspirations.(quote)Beachlover

Do you realize the world would continue to rotate on it's axis without your opinion. :idea: