PDA

View Full Version : porsche taxi in BKK

lonelywombat
July 14th, 2011, 22:25
For those who can still remember your love of exotic cars this is interesting and BKK looks good as well.

[youtube:359j7oql]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZHjKlk7Go[/youtube:359j7oql]

July 14th, 2011, 23:16
Nice one Lonely, definitely a 'Only In Thailand' moment excellent..

martin911
July 15th, 2011, 00:15
Indeed another classic Only in Thailand moment

From the wheels and front headlights it looks like a post 2005 model -- even if it was towards the earlier age model (new it retails about 7.5 million Bhat)-- that car is in the 4+million price range here ---- whats it about does anyone know ??--there seems to be nothing advertised on the car promoting anything .

Anybody got the taxi phone number?? ,il try to book it for the airport trip !!

The looks on peoples face in the clip are priceless as they realise what it is --

It reminds me of the time i pulled up in my local park ,pulled the bonnets catches (there are two boot spaces on a Boxter )--and out jumped 3 dogs !!!
1 German Shepard jumped out from the front boot space,and 1 female Labrador and her pup launched themselves from the rear boot space -- the looks from people around us -priceless !!! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

And when we finished our walk they all jumped back in again and off home we went :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

Really annoys me here the price of cars here --but thats a rant for another day !!

Beachlover
July 15th, 2011, 01:50
Nice bit of creative promotional work...

The logo for the new Samsung Galaxy SII phone flashes at the end.

Comment on YT says it's a promo campaign for the phone and the message is "luxury you can reach" but don't know if this is true.

lexusgs
July 15th, 2011, 02:21
Indeed another classic Only in Thailand moment

From the wheels and front headlights it looks like a post 2005 model -- even if it was towards the earlier age model (new it retails about 7.5 million Bhat)-- that car is in the 4+million price range here ---- whats it about does anyone know ??--there seems to be nothing advertised on the car promoting anything .

Anybody got the taxi phone number?? ,il try to book it for the airport trip !!

The looks on peoples face in the clip are priceless as they realise what it is --

It reminds me of the time i pulled up in my local park ,pulled the bonnets catches (there are two boot spaces on a Boxter )--and out jumped 3 dogs !!!
1 German Shepard jumped out from the front boot space,and 1 female Labrador and her pup launched themselves from the rear boot space -- the looks from people around us -priceless !!! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

And when we finished our walk they all jumped back in again and off home we went :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

Really annoys me here the price of cars here --but thats a rant for another day !!

Problem in Th. is high import duty. There again you probably know that. Your best bet to buy here would be BMW who have a small assembly plant(hence no import duty) in Rayong hence the product is sensible in price for a premium car. That's if you really are looking to buy here.

lonelywombat
July 15th, 2011, 10:12
About 10 years ago a work colleague had a business converting the old beetle [VW] into look alike porsche. Not the real thing but was certainly popular.

He got bored but made a handsome profit whilst doing it.

Could there be an idea there for petrol heads? importing second hand VW's ?