PDA

View Full Version : Colombia

Brisboy82
July 14th, 2011, 19:33
I have Noticed that the young men in a certain cam site come predominately from either philippines or Colombia. What I am wondering is does this mean that Colombia has a thriving moneyboy scene? Does anybody know what kind if scene they have in Colombia?

Beachlover
July 18th, 2011, 01:22
What site?

QueueDeCastor
July 28th, 2011, 03:39
What site?

This is the only studio I know featuring a lot of Colombian boys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTB_Video

I chose to go to Ecuador over Colombia, because I was told prices such as lodging, food, etc cost about double than that of Ecuador. I feel like trying going there sometime, though.

piston10
July 28th, 2011, 05:57
I do not pretend to know Colombia or the Philippines, but I think I know the site you are referring to - which I will not identify, as the OP has chosen not to. Let's say it includes the name of the mechanism with which you take photos!

I, too, had noticed the preponderance of boys from these countries. My reading is that the site is used by pimping entrepreneurs (i.e. mafia?) and many boys are not operating as individuals. This is particularly true of the boys from the Philippines; they give me the impression of being thoroughly exploited, often working in identical concrete cells decorated with only a bit of flimsy drapery; and looking pretty miserable about it. I was very upset one night when a charming boy, who looked very depressed, suddenly typed 'I'm tired of my life'. A couple of seconds later the screen went blank, leaving me to wonder whether he had just run away or had gone off to kill himself - or be beaten up by his controllers.

The Colombians, on the other hand, seem psychologically stronger and more in charge of things - more resilient. There are other groups that seem to be identifiable by the formulae of their names. However, no doubt 'freelancers' make use of the site as well, some of them appearing on flirt4free as well.

Personally, I doubt whether the presence of Colombians and Philippinos on the site could give us any reliable evidence of the money-boy situation in the countries concerned. It probably tells us more about where the mafia pimping of boys is most organised.

lonelywombat
July 30th, 2011, 17:05
Perhaps it is more to do with time zones and what time you are surfing. Daytime in OZ is night time in Columbia. You will probably find if you surf late at night in OZ then you will get more European and African men

Brisboy82
August 1st, 2011, 12:45
Perhaps it is more to do with time zones and what time you are surfing. Daytime in OZ is night time in Columbia. You will probably find if you surf late at night in OZ then you will get more European and African men

The time zone doesn't explain it as there are also a lot of Filipinos and eastern Europeans. There are also very few guys from other Latin American countries.

As someone mentioned there does seem to be a disturbing mafia vibe as a lot of the performers seem to be in a similar looking room. And the colombians and eastern Europeans in particular often seem to be talking to someone who is out of view from the camera. It appears there are oter people in the room. It also appears that most of the Russians are from st petersberg and most of the colombians are from Cali. Nobody from Moscow or bogota.

Marsilius
August 1st, 2011, 16:41
The gay websites with which I am involved purchase material from, among many others, producers in Colombia. I understand from these producers that, for reasons they have never explained in detail, they can pay substantially less to their models than would be the case in other countries - and that the boys are quite satisfied with what they get.

My guess would be that economic circumstances drive more boys to the sex industry in Colombia: the unemployment rate in Nicaragua to the north is 5.9%, in Panama to the south it is 7.1%, but in Colombia right in the middle it is 12.2%. [Source: Wikipedia, "List of countries by unemployment rate".]

Our website members have always been very appreciative of the Colombian boys...

August 1st, 2011, 17:36
... pimping entrepreneurs ...

The type of person one would never encounter in Pattaya, of course

:rolling: :rolling: