PDA

View Full Version : Thai Grey areas

martin911
July 12th, 2011, 19:55
I guess this topic is about the thais attitude to sexuality
Last fri i was in the company of bf ( N) and his friends at an event in Bkk -- within the group was a Tom ( Moa ),whom i had never met before ---very very cute !!!
Aterwards me and and N went back to his room to get some of his stuff ,Mao and another girl Gwang came with us ,and we left them in Ns room for the night :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: ,

G is one of N best friends at the university and i have both met and heard about her a lot --a 19 yo virgin !!! (yes some still exsist seemingly !! )
Now up to now G interest was in boys ,but she and the Tom were going to stay the night togerthr !!!! so of course i was intrigued ,and i asked N did that mean that gwang was really a lesbian --the awnser was a most resute no !!!! she was not ,but that in Thailand a girl can go with a Tom and still be considered a girl ,but if she went with a non tom lesbian then that is when she would be considered a lesbian herself !!!!!

Go figure !!!!!!!!!!!! ---u gotta love the grey areas that exsist here when it comes to ones sexuality !!!!!

Off topic --if you want a late late night place in Bkk check out a place called Kadet (sounds like kadaa ) --in Rachada soi 19 ,7th floor in one of the first buildings on the left hand side of the soi
Its a small place but full of horny available guys ,a lot of action in the toilets from what i saw (i did not partake to the offers i got ) went there twice last weekend with Bf ,left about 8 am ,and it was still going strong --easy place to pick up some fun !!! ,as we did the first morning :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

July 12th, 2011, 21:00
Now up to now G interest was in boys ,but she and the Tom were going to stay the night togerthr !!!! so of course i was intrigued ,and i asked N did that mean that gwang was really a lesbian --the awnser was a most resute no !!!! she was not ,but that in Thailand a girl can go with a Tom and still be considered a girl ,but if she went with a non tom lesbian then that is when she would be considered a lesbian herself !!!!!
There are only 2 things that smell of fish ... and one is fish.

newalaan
July 12th, 2011, 21:54
I guess this topic is about the thais attitude to sexuality It's the grey areas which make Thailand such a uniquely interesting place to visit.
Off topic --if you want a late late night place in Bkk check out a place called Kadet (sounds like kadaa ) --in Rachada soi 19 Thanks for the info, I'll be happy to give it a go next visit. Set up the same as Rachada 8 pub and G-Star? small tables and whiskey sets?

bao-bao
July 12th, 2011, 21:59
Now up to now G interest was in boys ,but she and the Tom were going to stay the night togerthr !!!! so of course i was intrigued ,and i asked N did that mean that gwang was really a lesbian --the awnser was a most resute no !!!!
Maybe no more so than the guys at that club, who were perhaps just curious about their sexuality and new experiences, as so many are during their college years. From what I've heard and observed the difference in Thailand is a more relaxed attitude about sexuality overall, but that's not to say morality and concern over who finds out about it doesn't enter into it. Coming out of the closet still carries a stigma, although not nearly as it does in other countries and cultures.

The Tom may well have been hoping something might happen, though; that was a scenario I've set up myself in the past. It wasn't nearly as easy to meet other gay guys when I was in high school and college, so you had to be more creative.

neoncrusade
July 13th, 2011, 02:56
There are only 2 things that smell of fish ... and one is fish.

That's certainly true about the fish! The ONLY time I attempted sex with a female woman was when I was 16 and felt pressured into it by my straight friends. I had plenty of Dutch courage before attempting the deed. After giving her boobs a bit of a squidge and wondering what on earth straight guys see in these wobbly things, she pushes my head down south of her belly button. Well, the sight of the thing there was bad enough, but then the strong aroma of what I can only describe as a recently opened can of sardines wafts into my face. I did manage to lean over the side of the bed before I threw up all over her nice carpet. For some reason she didn't want me to stay around long enough to help her clean it up.
I just thought I'd share my first time with you! :headbang:

As for Grey areas, I think there are so many it would rate an entire forum to itself. I'm learning just to accept things as they are there (when dealing with Thais) and try to leave my 'western' self at home in England as much as that's possible. Easier to say than do even after years of practice. I've had a mother offer me her son; I've had another mother insist I sleep with her son in her bed while she sleeps in the kitchen (when I went to Isarn with a boy I'd know for years to meet the family). I only have to mention to a Thai friend that I like the look of one of their friends and they are offering to sleep with me. It actually makes me angry that Thais automatically think all I want is sex....when I don't...seems there are lots of preconceptions on both sides.

Thor69
July 13th, 2011, 03:03
The ONLY time I attempted sex with a female woman was when I was 16 and felt pressured into it by my straight friends. I had plenty of Dutch courage before attempting the deed. After giving her boobs a bit of a squidge and wondering what on earth straight guys see in these wobbly things, she pushes my head down south of her belly button. Well, the sight of the thing there was bad enough, but then the strong aroma of what I can only describe as a recently opened can of sardines wafts into my face. I did manage to lean over the side of the bed before I threw up all over her nice carpet. For some reason she didn't want me to stay around long enough to help her clean it up.
I just thought I'd share my first time with you! :headbang:

Did you ruin the carpet? :rolling:

colmx
July 13th, 2011, 05:14
I did manage to lean over the side of the bed before I threw up all over her nice carpet. For some reason she didn't want me to stay around long enough to help her clean it up.

Now you know where the phrase "carpet muncher" comes from!

Off topic --if you want a late late night place in Bkk check out a place called Kadet (sounds like kadaa ) --in Rachada soi 19 ,7th floor in one of the first buildings on the left hand side of the soi
Its a small place but full of horny available guys ,a lot of action in the toilets from what i saw :

The place that Martin is talking about is located in the Same building as the beach residence, and from the same people that brought the beach sauna in Bkk and KK:
http://www.thebeach-g-thailand.com/
Don't even cosider staying thee... its awful!

Although i'm sure the disco is good!
Pics of it here:
http://www.thebeach-g-thailand.com/kardae.html

newalaan
July 13th, 2011, 05:53
Although i'm sure the disco is good! Pics of it hereThanks for that Colmx, I see Rachada soi8 pub is part of their group, didn't realise that. This is one of our fave places but closes usually around 2.30am. Kardae must be their after 2.30am to early morning place. We tend to go to Rachada about 11pm as the students and rachada crowd get going earlier than the silom discos.

To be honest with the earlier start and finish 2.30am we are usually ready to head back as the taxi ride is another 30 mins give or take to the Silom area. But it's a good alternative if we are running late.

francois
July 13th, 2011, 07:15
Speaking of Grey areas I thought that "Grey" was "Gray" then I discovered that Grey is a colour and Gray is a color.

martin911
July 14th, 2011, 01:19
I did manage to lean over the side of the bed before I threw up all over her nice carpet. For some reason she didn't want me to stay around long enough to help her clean it up.

Now you know where the phrase "carpet muncher" comes from!

Its a small place but full of horny available guys ,a lot of action in the toilets from what i saw :

The place that Martin is talking about is located in the Same building as the beach residence, and from the same people that brought the beach sauna in Bkk and KK:
http://www.thebeach-g-thailand.com/
Don't even cosider staying thee... its awful!

Thanks G --now it makes more sense to me ,when i was there one of the guys mentioned that it was some type of hotel as well,but i didnt know what he was on about !! --but the pics on the website (not that there is many)looks nothing like the nite club --its bascially 2 long corridors with a small (smaller than T T floorspace ) area at the top of the corridors ,its very much a late nite type of place ,but both nites i was there last weekend i enjoyed it the most of the clubs we were in those nights ie 1 -dj/God and sec nite G Star/ICK ---much more fun than what we used to go too --Spicy/ Swing

martin911
July 14th, 2011, 01:23
I guess this topic is about the thais attitude to sexuality It's the grey areas which make Thailand such a uniquely interesting place to visit.
Off topic --if you want a late late night place in Bkk check out a place called Kadet (sounds like kadaa ) --in Rachada soi 19 Thanks for the info, I'll be happy to give it a go next visit. Set up the same as Rachada 8 pub and G-Star? small tables and whiskey sets?

Much much smaller than Soi 8 and G Star --but yes small tables and whiskey sets --i honestly cannot rem what the whiskey set was but i do remember thinking at the time how little it was --- shows the tpye of crowd they attract !!! cute studenty tpyes lol

And i do rem seeing a lot of guys that had been in ICK earlier were also in Kar dae also --

Beachlover
July 14th, 2011, 02:05
Although i'm sure the disco is good! Pics of it hereThanks for that Colmx, I see Rachada soi8 pub is part of their group, didn't realise that. This is one of our fave places but closes usually around 2.30am. Kardae must be their after 2.30am to early morning place. We tend to go to Rachada about 11pm as the students and rachada crowd get going earlier than the silom discos.
To be honest with the earlier start and finish 2.30am we are usually ready to head back as the taxi ride is another 30 mins give or take to the Silom area. But it's a good alternative if we are running late.
Hey Newalaan... could you please tell us if the Rachada bars/nightclubs are busy on weeknights or is it only weekends? Need to get over my laziness and trek over there instead of DJ.

The ONLY time I attempted sex with a female woman was when I was 16 and felt pressured into it by my straight friends. I had plenty of Dutch courage before attempting the deed. After giving her boobs a bit of a squidge and wondering what on earth straight guys see in these wobbly things, she pushes my head down south of her belly button. Well, the sight of the thing there was bad enough, but then the strong aroma of what I can only describe as a recently opened can of sardines wafts into my face. I did manage to lean over the side of the bed before I threw up all over her nice carpet. For some reason she didn't want me to stay around long enough to help her clean it up.
I just thought I'd share my first time with you!
Crikey... What a disaster. I've been with a few women and am glad I never had any issues with smells. None of them smelt bad but none of them smelt particularly good, like a guy does either.

I think that's another way you can tell if you're fully gay or not. If you're gay, you will not have any attraction to a girl's pheromones (scent). I find girl's bodies sexy but have no attraction to their scent as I do with a guy.

newalaan
July 14th, 2011, 18:04
--i honestly cannot rem what the whiskey set was but i do remember thinking at the time how little it was --- That is the other good thing about the bars in the other areas of Bkk the whiskey is cheaper, but its the lower cost of the mixers and ice which keep the final bill so low. I'm not exacty certain of mixer prices, but its something like Bt50 for mixers in the likes of Hollywood and more like Bt25 in the Thai for Thai clubs. When I go to the thai clubs I dont really care what the brand of whiskey is, once it's flooded with water as I do, and/or coke and soda, pipers, benmore, chivas who can tell?
Hey Newalaan... could you please tell us if the Rachada bars/nightclubs are busy on weeknights or is it only weekends? Need to get over my laziness and trek over there instead of DJ. A bit like the rest of Bkk, jam-packed at weekends, not so during the week but still busy enough. But remember to take company with you if you go, an older, non-Thai with a presumably Australian accent arriving on his own would be considered a bit predetory, and that doesn't go down well with non-money boys and students. However, if there for a while with a whiskey set and company, later during the evening when the thai guys are half-way down the whiskey bottle a bit of dutch courage combined with fun attitude encourages a bit of glass chinking. Also the waiters if invited for a drink and get to like the company will exchange mobile numbers etc... Some will approach to talk with farangs to 'improve their english speaking skills' apparently.

July 14th, 2011, 18:59
Bankok is full of good discos and bars if you get off the beaten tourist tracks. It pays if you can speak some Thai but being unable to do so isn't always against you meeting people as Thais are normally very friendly and open. There is even a great little bar right inside Chatuchak Market where you get a really good mix of young Thai guys out for an afternoon drink.

Other areas of night time interest that come to mind are:

Chatuchuk Area.
Ramkhamhaeng .
Suttishan Road Area.
Pholoyothin.
Ladproa.
Wang Hin.

In fact if you are prepared to move around you will eventually find a place that you will want to return to, not only in Bangkok but throughout Thailand.

Beachlover
July 14th, 2011, 22:19
Sweet... Thanks, Combat. Most of the Thai boys I've been out with in Bangkok mention the Chatuchak area. But since, I'm usually only there for a few days and the boys I meet have work/study commitments (i.e. not going out night after night), it usually tends to be a few days of dating and then I fly out! If I stayed longer I'd probably end up going out clubbing in other areas too.

A bit like the rest of Bkk, jam-packed at weekends, not so during the week but still busy enough.
Thanks... that kind of info about timing and busy nights is always really helpful.

if you go, an older, non-Thai with a presumably Australian accent arriving on his own would be considered a bit predetory, and that doesn't go down well with non-money boys and students.
I'm Asian and just passing university age (mid-twenties) but don't speak Thai and yes, I have an Australian accent (though it gets a bit warped when I've been traveling).

newalaan
July 15th, 2011, 03:54
I'm Asian and just passing university age (mid-twenties) But BL, you have been mid-twenties now for at least three years! One might have thought that even australian asians age in the same way as the rest of us, e.g. a year at a time, that must make you at least late-twenties? it seems you may have PeterPan syndrome...i.e. the fictional product of a writers imagination. I don't know what it is, but something does'nt feel right about the line 'just passing university age' in the uk 'university age can be anything from 17 to 65+, late students, mature students, open university, it seems the very 'mention' of university is a little red herring as it has a 'young' inference. Of course I could be completely wrong!

thonglor55
July 15th, 2011, 12:13
I'm Asian and just passing university age (mid-twenties) But BL, you have been mid-twenties now for at least three years! One might have thought that even australian asians age in the same way as the rest of us, e.g. a year at a time, that must make you at least late-twenties? it seems you may have PeterPan syndrome...i.e. the fictional product of a writers imagination.The Beachlover life story as disclosed on the Forum is indeed an interesting and not entirely consistent one. Mid twenties, backpacked a few years ago to (and I can't be bothered checking) Phuket, now the owner (and has been for (again) a few years) of a thriving business that he didn't inherit from Daddy located in the Sydney CBD (a quite expensive location for rent, I'm guessing) which pays several employees a six-figure salary and allows him to take multiple trips to Asia a year on budget airlines, as well as being a foul-mouthed bully of massive proportions - not sure how he can keep six-figure salaried employees on that sort of ego!!

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 18:17
not entirely consistent oneQuite. Perhaps the thread could do with a change of title to "Beachflooder grey areas". Why would somebody in a 'normal' reply not just state the age rather than a convoluted route such as mentioning university age? Sounds like a definite attempt to convince the reader of being young, why not just say 'heading towards thirties' which by his own admission would be 'closer to to mark'.

Maybe little Combat can confirm the exact age. He is the only one, as yet, to put his neck on the block and attest to everything relating to BL being absolutely bona fide. I have on occassions encouraged little Combat to re-confirm this, and perhaps let us know the exact circumstances of his being able to be so sure about BL, and that his assurances are not merely the result of a few cosy PMs from BL which of course would carry the same weight as his posts. However I disregarded that notion as nobody would possibly be so naive as to put their credibility on the line on the basis of the unproven contents of mere PM's, so was it through a meeting with BL or some other means? Combat?

I only enquire with BL's best interests in mind of course, as there has been considerable innuedo and doubt surrounding some of BL's recent behaviour which been subject to much scrutiny, Combat might be able to allay any lingering doubts some may have. Look forward to an immediate reply from him as is usual when there is any posting regarding Beachflooder.

July 16th, 2011, 18:35
Maybe little Combat can ........

I'm glad I'm not in or part of your gang you silly boy..

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 18:50
silly boy..Well, the immediate reply as expected, but why no info Combat? would that be because you never had any concrete knowledge of BL in the first place and that any info you do have comes directly from BL's PM's? So you were conned into confirming BL's status? And thereby tried to con us true or not? How disappointing, it seems there are more wafflers and bull artists here than i first suspected. Eh Combat? Prepared to re-confirm BL's authenticity?

July 16th, 2011, 19:19
It seems there are more wafflers and bull artists here than i first suspected.

Another 'own goal' :sign5:

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 19:39
Another 'own goal' Exposing you as a fool and a bull artist is an own goal? you'll have to explan that one. But since you've gone for diversionary tactics and there is no info forthcoming, we'll take that as confirmation that you have indeed been 'used' to con us into thinking you had a basis for authenicising BL's 'persona' and that you are in fact nothing more than a gullible puppet. As if we actually need any proof of that. A puppet to more than just BL however. Your inability to put some 'meat on the bones' tells me all I need to know Little Combat.

July 16th, 2011, 19:53
Exposing you as a fool and a bull artist is an own goal?

You should go to Chatuchak and see if you can pick up a rocket launcher to use instead of that six-gun which must be way past it's sell-by-date, much like the mouth that produces your endless verbal diarrhea.

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 20:17
You should go to Chatuchak and see if you can pick up a rocket launcher to use instead of that six-gun which must be way past it's sell-by-date, much like the mouth that produces your endless verbal diarrheaCouldn't be much past it's sell by date if it's still managing to get reactions from half-wits like you. Oh dear Little Combat getting in a tizzy because someone has the audacity to expose you as a fool, puppet and con. How many flooding posts is that now from you? And not one with any info on the actual question of Beachflooder. Only limp, pathetic, body-swerving diversions about......? Chatuchak? it's getting more irrational by the minute. Classic Combat! What's next? a child-like cartoon or string of emoticons?

July 16th, 2011, 20:26
Oh dear Little Combat getting in a tizzy ....

It's more like dizzy because of my love for your attention :love4:

neoncrusade
July 16th, 2011, 20:28
Sorry to but in to a spat, but can someone tell me why Beachlover's youth (or otherwise) is such an issue for some posters? Does it matter what anyone's age here is?

July 16th, 2011, 20:35
Sorry to but in to a spat, but can someone tell me why Beachlover's youth (or otherwise) is such an issue for some posters? Does it matter what anyone's age here is?

Jealousy neoncrusade, but whatever it is Beach loves the attention that he gets as I do.... :love4:

the1
July 16th, 2011, 20:40
Jealousy

Of what, Combat?

Just curious, how do you know Beachlover? I remember a few months ago you posted on here that Beachlover is who he says he is.

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 20:45
Just curious, how do you know Beachlover? I remember a few months ago you posted on here that Beachlover is who he says he is.Ah! somebody else remembers Little Combat's statement!
but can someone tell me why Beachlover's youth (or otherwise) is such an issue for some posters? Does it matter what anyone's age here is?The story is too long, but it is not so much about the age or otherwise of Beachflooder more about his credibilty, and now because of his close association and going on record as authenticising it, Little Combat's credibility is in question too, because he refuses to re-confirm it. All we have is a few diverting sentences which only serve to dig him in even deeper....mind you all he needs to do is supply some honest answers.....if capable that is. Now he is spiralling into a world of bizzare replies and weak attempts at diversion by using emoticons as expected.

martin911
July 16th, 2011, 20:51
As i am the Op on this topic i feel i am entitled to say this

To the last few posters (and i am surprised at you newallan,i thought u had more sense than let yourself get bothered like this ) -- can ye not just stop this childish rubbish ,or fucks sake why do ye get yer knickers about other posters say or do --if u dont like whatever a particular poster says just use the ignore button

A childs playground wouldnt be as bad as ye lately --

Another topic hijacked by worthless crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 21:16
and i am surprised at you newallan,i thought u had more sense than let yourself get bothered like this Yes martin911 you are quite correct, and do apologise for the detour. i thought the subject would die out as soon as Beachflooder got involved as most lose interest at that point, and they usually do, then he brought up the question of his age and it was just too good an opportunity to pass up to allow him to give us some more precise details. Maybe a mutual friend can PM and bring you up to date.

Meanwhile if Little Combat would like to put it to bed with a reply to "the1" that might be the end of it.

martin911
July 16th, 2011, 21:39
and i am surprised at you newallan,i thought u had more sense than let yourself get bothered like this Yes martin911 you are quite correct, and do apologise for the detour. i thought the subject would die out as soon as Beachflooder got involved as most lose interest at that point, and they usually do, then he brought up the question of his age and it was just too good an opportunity to pass up to allow him to give us some more precise details. Maybe a mutual friend can PM and bring you up to date.

Meanwhile if Little Combat would like to put it to bed with a reply to "the1" that might be the end of it.

that mutual friend would start with a G ??

Anyway ive enough with the boards tonite --am off with my delicious bf and two of his friends to the movies

off topic -

i had dinner with a farang friend a little earlier ,with me was my bf and two of his friends ,my farang friend had his bf,two of their Giks/playmates ,and another 2 of their playmates joined as the dinner progressed !!!(they were ALL going back to his condo after dinner for fun , )we declined to join as we are saving our energies for later
There were a number of straight tables around us ,and as some at our table were a little merry and were a little indescrite about the party that was going to happen later --msome of the looks we were getting were funny

I would loved to know what was in their minds as the 2 farang and 9 thai guys left --ive said it before and il say it again --gay sex is soooooo more much fun !!

July 16th, 2011, 21:41
It's such a pity that Sherlock Holmes is no longer with us, but there again I am sure he would find this obsession of 'rocket-launcher alaan' with Beaches age etc.. rather comical. :occasion9:

rocket-launcher alaan
Martin911 just by-pass what you dont want to read or contribute to, you just have to accept there is good and bad in all forums, thats what they are! .....just pick the stuff YOU are interested in and run with that, go past the rest there is nobody forcing anyone to read anything. You'll know in future just to avoid anything with LMTU in the title as it is clearly on this thread.

BTW alaaaaaaan I just love the way you are now advising other poster on how to, or what to do in this delightful forum. Are you sure you are not related to the moderator of one of the other forums as you would get on great together knitting? There again perhaps you should take note of your own advice.

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 23:36
Beaches age etc...rather comical For pity's sake Little Combat your increasingly bizarre behaviour (talk now of sherlock holmes..rocket launchers???) coupled with your plainly obvious side-stepping of the issue to avoid re-confirming BL's details and your puppet status as a con artist are starting to even make me feel embarrased for you, either get back with actual honest info regarding your foolhardy decision to con us into believing all things BL were authentic or remain silent on the issue thereby proving you are nothing more than a waffling conman.

We've seen enough of the diversionary flooding guff...and it's NOT working! Try the truth if you can manage it. The side-stepping has the same result as remaining silent......credibility failure! along with the warning......Beware! conman at work!

newalaan
July 16th, 2011, 23:37
some of the looks we were getting were funny Although I don't display any obvious 'attitude' when going around with gay or obviously gay guys in Thailand, if i get any disapproving looks from western straights I do enjoy giving back a firm "you can stare all you like, but I could'nt give a fuck" look, and if it is a couple, the wife is usually outraged while the husband sometimes give a look of jealousy at not being able to join in! I bet there's a few of 'em who'd jump at the chance!

You live in Thailand permanently or just able to enjoy long visits there? You seem to be well aquainted with places in Bkk few others here are aware of or mention.

July 16th, 2011, 23:59
NOT working! Try the truth if you can manage it.......

Don't forget to put the lights out when you leave, mind you I bet you talk in your sleep as well!

martin911
July 17th, 2011, 03:47
some of the looks we were getting were funny Although I don't display any obvious 'attitude' when going around with gay or obviously gay guys in Thailand, if i get any disapproving looks from western straights I do enjoy giving back a firm "you can stare all you like, but I could'nt give a fuck" look, and if it is a couple, the wife is usually outraged while the husband sometimes give a look of jealousy at not being able to join in! I bet there's a few of 'em who'd jump at the chance!

You live in Thailand permanently or just able to enjoy long visits there? You seem to be well aquainted with places in Bkk few others here are aware of or mention.

Yes i like to do the same and just give a hard "i could not care less what u think look " --it all adds to the fun !!!--

Yes i pretty well live here now most of the time ,the Bkk places ive got from my Bf of over two years now,he is a student there -- there is so much more to Thailand than Pattaya and Silom --but i must admit i knew nothing of this other Thailand when i was just coming here for 2/3 short visits a year
But i must admit i enjoy the Pattaya/Silom side just as much as the other areas ---

newalaan
July 17th, 2011, 04:48
Sorry martin gonna keep it slightly off topic.

--it all adds to the fun !!!--Yep that's exactly how I look at it too, but interestingly enough despite coming here over nearly 12 years on multiple trips, I have never yet had any kind of serious altercation with any thai or foreigner with regards to 'gayness'.

While here I only really hang around with Thai guys most of whom are gay, some who are very gay. Pattaya can be rough and ready at times, and there have been 'looks' but i can deal with those without a second thought, and when i consider some of the places i've been with thai guys and gay thai guys.......straight bars and karaokes, girly beer bars and agogos, all around walking street, Hollywood in Bkk Rachada and Pattaya, soi bokaw, soi 2 area near big C in pattaya, been around drunk straight western guys out on the piss, and considering the amount of drunk head-to-toe tattoo'd straight tough looking guys, never any problem (that i have been aware of). Just wouldn't pan out like that back in farangland.

On my last trip, we decided to head to NAB from Pattayaland, there were five of us, me, my bf, two gay friends and a female friend of my bf. We jumped on the songtaew and headed along 2nd Rd towards NAB. I have a good thai friend who plays guitar in a band in one of the girly beer bars in the soi 6 area facing 2nd rd and he had insisted we call by. So i thought...why not tonight! So here we have this lady beer bar with biker looking rock band playing to an assortment of lone farangs sitting round the bar, farangs with their thai girls and this songtaew pulls up right outside, and this rabble of chattering Thais and me jump off the Songt and head into the bar, my friend had already seen us coming as the small stage faces the road, so he is shouting welcome to me and my bf who he knows, the looks on the faces were priceless, you could see their lips actually miming WTF is this!

I actually thought for a split second glancing at a couple of the rough looking guys at the bar there may some comments, as of course we had invaded THEIR beer bar! but once my friend played a couple of greenday songs for us, the farangs there obviously liked the music, the place was livened up and by the time we were due to continue on to NAB the farang guys were offering cheers with the heineken bottles and chatting away fine. One of the guys with us was as camp as they come, but funny with it so of course the female bar staff loved it. When I asked my bf and the others on our way to NAB...did you see the look on some of the farangs faces there! they just looked at me blankly...as if.....what looks? I dropped it. Had a great time at NAB as well.

Martin911 (or anybody) had any real altercations or attitute problems because of gay issues in Thailand?

thonglor55
July 17th, 2011, 05:51
... never any problem (that i have been aware of). Just wouldn't pan out like that back in farangland.Of course. Thailand's culture is one of conflict avoidance - any book on Thai culture will tell you that's why it's called "Land of Smiles". It's a powerful weapon of social conformity- pleasant enough for us because we're outsiders.

newalaan
July 17th, 2011, 16:58
newalaan wrote:... never any problem (that i have been aware of). Just wouldn't pan out like that back in farangland.
Of course. Thailand's culture is one of conflict avoidance - any book on Thai culture will tell you that's why it's called "Land of Smiles". It's a powerful weapon of social conformity- pleasant enough for us because we're outsiders.Most who live or visit here would be well aware of that, maybe i should have been clearer in my post. While i have never had any problem with Thais, the post was more centred on problems with other foreigners or westerners. That's why I didn't refer to thais later in the post, it was all with reference to farangs/foreigners as all the places mentioned were hang-outs for foreigners/westerners. Having gay guys in your company is never an issue for thais, so for that reason didn't mention it.

The, (that I have been aware of) comment, was actually directed at not being aware of any problems with other foreigners. Whereas in farangland people would tend to let you know what they were thinking, and wouldn't hold back if they felt strongly enough. That is why I am surprised I have never had serious altercation with other westerners.However I will add that in terms of disapproving stares, the farang areas of Patong,Phuket and Hua Hin gave more 'looks' than anywhere else i've encountered in Thailand. These are only my experiences I daresay others can offer examples contrary to mine.

neoncrusade
July 17th, 2011, 17:23
Martin911 (or anybody) had any real altercations or attitute problems because of gay issues in Thailand?

Been coming to LOS every year for 20 years now and only had one problem with other falangs. That was on Koh Chang about 12 years ago. I took 3 boys to stay in a beach hut on White Sand beach. We hadn't been at the hut for more than 10 mins when we decided to crack open the Chivas Regal; two of the boys grabbed their guitars, and we all sat on the sand in front of the hut. A couple of Aussie guys passing along the beach came over to say hello (probably saw the whisky), and blagged a drink. We chatted for no more than a few minutes when one asked me where my girlfriend or wife was. I said I was here with 3 male Thai friends. They looked at each other, and in unison shouted 'BOYS!', gave me a filthy look, said they don't drink with pooftahs, dropped their half full glasses into the sand and then stamped on them. Before they had a chance to do anthing else, my 3 Thai friends were there in front of me, 2 of them had pulled knives out of their backpacks and were waiving them in the Aussie guys faces. The Aussies backed off with their hands raised saying 'Whoa! Take it easy were only having fun' then turned tail and fled. Didn't see them again!
Otherwise, no problems atall. I think most falangs are too busy having their own fun to worry about what anyone else is doing.

July 17th, 2011, 18:39
Never under estimate a guy just because he is slim and much smaller looking. I've seen a few loud mouth Farangs dropped in the blink of an eye by a Thai using a swift Muay Thai Kick Boxing move. It doesn't happen often thank goodness, but is always a delight to see especially when the Thai has put up with a lot before lashing out.

neoncrusade
July 17th, 2011, 18:52
Never under estimate a guy just because he is slim and much smaller looking. I've seen a few loud mouth Farangs dropped in the blink of an eye by a Thai using a swift Muay Thai Kick Boxing move. It doesn't happen often thank goodness, but is always a delight to see especially when the Thai has put up with a lot before lashing out.

Couldn't agree more Combat. Thai's seem to put up with an awful lot with nothing more than a smile on their face, but go too far and they go absolutely wild!

martin911
July 17th, 2011, 19:31
Its a good direction Newallan to go with the topic !!!!

I also in the 9 or so odd years comimg here cannot recall (tho that could also be down to the contents of J Red taken on a particular night ) any particular incident involving Farang -- i certainley have never come across anything negative from the Thais themselves -

I too have been in most of the areas you mention and nope i dont recall anything that i/we would have been worried about !!!

I do also think that once a Farang man/couple come to Bkk or Pattaya they seem to take on a type of intolerance onboard regarding what they see here -last nite we(me and 3 thai guys) were going to Central on a songteaw,the traffic on 2nd road was very slow,and we were crawling beside this Aussie couple (judging by their t shirts ) walking on the footpath -and they just smiled at us,and sort of nodded to themselves -as if to say -Only In Thailand !!

Getting on to a songteaw with a few gay guys that has a few drunken farangs onboard i reckon would be potential flashpoints ,close proxsimity etc -- but i still have never been involved in anything nasty

Probably the closest i have come to being somewhat uncomfortable is at the airports/onboard planes (ie outside the pattaya/silom areas )--the first few times myself and bf flew- i do remember getting very hard looks from farang there

,my guy is anyway als full of beans, excitable, happy etc so tends to attract attention to us ,whereas i would be more the reserved type ---but i soon learned to think in the mindset that this o so gorgeous guy was with ME and nobody else,that i was so lucky to have him beside me and all others that had dissasproving looks to throw in our direction could simply FxxK OF--

AQnd thats the way it will be tonite when we go out later !!

thonglor55
July 17th, 2011, 20:00
I've certainly been in the company of a Thai bar boy I knew well (just in company not highlighting the fact that he was a prostitute as so many Westerners do by holding hands with him) and as we walked past a building site he told me that the comments the security guards were calling out were abusive. So just because the Thai with you doesn't react you shouldn't assume that he's not hearing disapproval from other Thais round about. I've been in the company of many Thais over the years and sometimes asked what was going on when there were Thais passing comments and it's always been "You don't want to know" style responses from the Thai I've been with. There's often a sense of protectiveness of which I'd say many Westerners are blissfully unaware.

neoncrusade
July 17th, 2011, 20:24
There's often a sense of protectiveness of which I'd say many Westerners are blissfully unaware.

That is an excellent point you raise thonglor55..

Beachlover
July 18th, 2011, 02:10
Not that I want to drag this out but I guess my favourite poster deserves a reply after all his efforts.

But BL, you have been mid-twenties now for at least three years!
Your obsessive paranoia (which I think is cute) has led to a factually inaccurate statement. I was in my early twenties when I started posting here and am pretty sure I mentioned so at the time. Sadly, I'm getting older. Mid-twenties now. :rolling:

Also, "mid-twenties" lasts four years from 24 to 27 so I've got four years of saying I'm in my mid-twenties before I succumb to my late-twenties. :crybaby:

....credibility failure!......Beware! conman at work!
Oh god, I love you. How can I make sure you never stop? :rolling:

July 18th, 2011, 02:19
Not that I want to drag this out but I guess my favourite poster deserves a reply after all his efforts.

But BL, you have been mid-twenties now for at least three years!
Your obsessive paranoia (which I think is cute) has led to a factually inaccurate statement. I was in my early twenties when I started posting here and am pretty sure I mentioned so at the time. Sadly, I'm getting older. Mid-twenties now. :rolling:

Also, "mid-twenties" lasts four years from 24 to 27 so I've got four years of saying I'm in my mid-twenties before I succumb to my late-twenties. :crybaby:

....credibility failure!......Beware! conman at work!
Oh god, I love you. How can I make sure you never stop? :rolling:

newalaan....thanks for reiterating the obvious. :headbang:

Beachlover
July 18th, 2011, 02:37
A couple of Aussie guys passing along the beach came over... We chatted for no more than a few minutes when one asked me where my girlfriend or wife was. I said I was here with 3 male Thai friends. They looked at each other, and in unison shouted 'BOYS!', gave me a filthy look, said they don't drink with pooftahs, dropped their half full glasses into the sand and then stamped on them. Before they had a chance to do anthing else, my 3 Thai friends were there in front of me, 2 of them had pulled knives out of their backpacks and were waiving them in the Aussie guys faces. The Aussies backed off with their hands raised saying 'Whoa! Take it easy were only having fun' then turned tail and fled. Didn't see them again!
Crikey... sorry to hear about those not so nice Aussies. Sounds like they learnt a lesson though.

July 18th, 2011, 02:44
A couple of Aussie guys passing along the beach came over... We chatted for no more than a few minutes when one asked me where my girlfriend or wife was. I said I was here with 3 male Thai friends. They looked at each other, and in unison shouted 'BOYS!', gave me a filthy look, said they don't drink with pooftahs, dropped their half full glasses into the sand and then stamped on them. Before they had a chance to do anthing else, my 3 Thai friends were there in front of me, 2 of them had pulled knives out of their backpacks and were waiving them in the Aussie guys faces. The Aussies backed off with their hands raised saying 'Whoa! Take it easy were only having fun' then turned tail and fled. Didn't see them again!
Crikey... sorry to hear about those not so nice Aussies. Sounds like they learnt a lesson though.

Yes indeed learning a lesson is a valuable thing!