PDA

View Full Version : Cyberclean censors GayThailand.com...........

catawampuscat
May 5th, 2006, 09:16
The cyberclean hit squad zapped Gaythailand.com yesterday and it can not be accessed from Thailand.. I often have difficulty accessing and posting on SGF
and only check in occassionally as I don't have the patience to wait, as sometimes the proxy is very slow but no problem this morning..By the way,
raining hard in Pattaya this morning...
I fully expected our scoop reporter would have broken the news yesterday so I was amazed to see no mention this morning... I feel quite sad to see another gay site blocked here and take no pleasure in being the first to break the news..

elephantspike
May 5th, 2006, 10:21
Yes, sad, but probably inevitable, but not insurmountable. All of those site circumventor proxies in the sticky thread at the top of this forum will work just as well for any other site as they do for this one. The easiest way to do it is if you are already accessing this site via a proxy, simply click through the link to gaythailand.com on the main index page here, in the left-hand side-bar under "our friends".

Smiles
May 5th, 2006, 11:35
Yes, sad, but probably inevitable, but not insurmountable. All of those site circumventor proxies in the sticky thread at the top of this forum will work just as well for any other site as they do for this one. The easiest way to do it is if you are already accessing this site via a proxy, simply click through the link to gaythailand.com on the main index page here, in the left-hand side-bar under "our friends".
Quite right.
Being an internet idiot I was quite amazed at how easy it was to access Sawatdee during April when I was in Thailand ... though when I left for the trip I was expecting the opposite. The proxy put up by ElephantSpike worked quickly and seamlessly every time.
If GayThailand puts up the same type of help that Bob has for this site then folks there should have no trouble, even though they have no idea what a bloody "proxy" is ... or ~ as in my case ~ don't care what it is.

Cheers to the Help Master ...

May 5th, 2006, 13:43
I find that if I try to access this site through an internet cafe, I am more often than not blocked, however, accessing the internet at Starbucks I tend to have no problem. Well, there was a problem accessing the site in March but that doesn't seem to be occurring now, Starbucks seems to be the easiest place to access the site now without cause for referrall to a proxy site.

May 6th, 2006, 02:45
[quote="let me tell u"]if your so intelliget you cant work out if your in Thailand the only way you can view this forum is via a Proxy,
[quote]

Not so! If you use any internet cafe that has an AOL account you can use AOL to access this site without the need for a proxy server.

May 6th, 2006, 03:11
Not so! If you use any internet cafe that has an AOL account you can use AOL to access this site without the need for a proxy server.To date I hadn't yet heard a good reason for sticking with a proprietary Internet access tool such as AOL, but I guess for those who struggle with proxy servers, having an AOL subscription must come into its own!

May 6th, 2006, 12:52
Well you do amaze me Cat weezal if your so intelliget you cant work out if your in Thailand the only way you can view this forum is via a Proxy, now in a proxy if you look up your see a proxy address box, put in that box www.gaythailand.com (http://www.gaythailand.com)

Hi LMTU, I hate to be the guy who promotes Starbucks (again and again) but you can access www.gaythailand.com (http://www.gaythailand.com) within Thailand from Starbucks. Not helpful I know for those without a laptop but true all the same. :cheers:

May 6th, 2006, 19:20
but make sure your information is correct

So when are you going to start taking you own advice?