PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to the old Chez Vicki

lonelywombat
July 10th, 2011, 12:12
Each time I walk to Tukcom for coffee I see people inside, tables are laid, the bar seems to be stocked,but nothing on the window to indicate what is happening and when.

It is a brave person to consider opening a new restaurant in Pattaya at this time, but surely they can offer some publicity as to what is planned.

I planned to ask last night as i was dining again at the excellent Bordeaux, but the rain came down, no one was sitting outside and that ended that.

The old lounge bar from the old Flamingo hotel is offering meals, seemingly in opposition to Monte Cristo, but the entire dining area seems to attract a loyal following
not only from gays. They have picked a great dining area to open in but will have to be good to win business.

I wish them luck

July 10th, 2011, 13:24
I am under the impression that it is suppose to be an Italian restaurant. Also heard it is suppose to open this month

newalaan
July 10th, 2011, 19:14
Each time I walk to Tukcom for coffee I see people inside, tables are laid, the bar seems to be stocked,but nothing on the window to indicate what is happening and when.My Mosaik balcony overlooked this establishment, and everyday without fail the same workers turned up set the tables, moved some outside if not raining, but it was never clear exactly what they were offering, no menus on the street or even a poster to advise. Always saw people in there, but not sure if they were attached to the place or customers, was was puzzled regarding its intentions.

The old lounge bar from the old Flamingo hotel is offering meals, seemingly in opposition to Monte Cristo, but the entire dining area seems to attract a loyal following not only from gays.It has been offering meals for months Lonely. We tried it and although slightly more expensive than others nearby my bf described the Thai food as spot-on and very delicious.

bao-bao
July 10th, 2011, 19:31
With a couple of existing places repeatedly complaining here about business lately it does seem somewhat brave to open a new eatery or club during low season, but maybe their overhead isn't too high and they can ramp up via a soft opening.

If they can build good will among the locals - meaning expats and longer-term visitors who visit at this time of year - they'll have a running start at referrals and the word-of-mouth advertising for the busier times ahead, I'd hope. I wish them luck.

newalaan
July 11th, 2011, 02:03
but nothing on the window to indicate what is happening and when.There is mention on Nicky'sGayPattaya newsletter that there is a restaurant in Day/Night with a new sign "Cherchez La Femme" on the Chez Vicki premises and is due to open soon (15th) serving Thai and western dishes. Good luck to them if it is.

July 11th, 2011, 18:16
but nothing on the window to indicate what is happening and when.There is mention on Nicky'sGayPattaya newsletter that there is a restaurant in Day/Night with a new sign "Cherchez La Femme" on the Chez Vicki premises and is due to open soon (15th) serving Thai and western dishes. Good luck to them if it is.

Considering the New french Restaurant in the Old flamingo is called Le Bistrot Restaurant.

and the new Italian restaurant in Chez Vicky is going to be called called
Cherchez La Femme.

May be its time to visit the My Thai Restaurant
Before you get the name of that wrong also. :headbang:

Beachlover
July 11th, 2011, 20:18
Maybe it's time for you to stop being a moron and take your demented shite elsewhere!

July 11th, 2011, 20:37
Maybe it's time for you to stop being a moron and take your demented shite elsewhere!

Coming from a liar like you, who can only write your poison here and get away with it, you must need your mental home nurse to back you up, where is combatty when we need her, not far I'm sure, bye for now must go. :hello1:

Beachlover
July 11th, 2011, 20:46
Coming from a liar...
LMTU, remember when you posted that bullsh*t figure of how much SGT was sold for and jinks came on and said you were talking out of your arse?

What about the time you posted exaggerated and completely false facts about a hotel in Phuket and the owner himself came on and said you were wrong?

There was also the time you said that dump of a hotel called BBBinn was as good as the Dusit Thani.

Face it, you're just a complete and utterly worthless moron...

andrewcraig
July 11th, 2011, 21:50
Hey wasnt LMTU the dude that said the venue had a olympic size swimming pool and was just a few steps from the beach fucking liar, I am glad I checked out with an email and they at least were honest.

Would not believe a fucking word he said from now on.

July 11th, 2011, 21:56
Hey wasnt LMTU the dude that said the venue had a olympic size swimming pool and was just a few steps from the beach fucking liar, I am glad I checked out with an email and they at least were honest.

Would not believe a fucking word he said from now on.

Andrew it's very difficult to find anyone who believes anything LMTU says, and from past experience what the moronic creep says to your face he will say something completely different when your back is turned. A real slimeball if ever there was one.

lonelywombat
July 18th, 2011, 17:23
As it still has not started trading any more guesses?

newalaan
July 18th, 2011, 20:06
As it still has not started trading any more guesses? If the "Cherchez La Femme" sign is still up it's probably just down to the usual optimistic hopes versus the unforseen event to contend with. Back in June from what I could see, it looked like they were almost ready to be open then.