PDA

View Full Version : Big Banana Contest at Happy Place! July 22 11pm

July 10th, 2011, 06:40
The first of many BIG BANANA CONTESTs will be held at Happy Place bar on July 22nd at 11pm.
Customers that draw lucky numbers will be issued spray water bottles and will wet certain areas of loosely fitted shorts that the boys will wear.
A panel of judges will decide which boy has the biggest and the best banana!

this contests is open to ALL Thai boys here.
Beach Boys, Bar Boys of ALL BARS, Street Boys and their freinds!

Usual show at Happy Place is cancelled for that night.
Some magazines have mistakenly announced that this will be a "monthly" event. Incorrect. we have not decided at this point if it will be quarterly or twice a year.

Winner will recieve 5,000 baht
Second runner up 3,000 baht
3 runner up 1,000 baht

See you there!

newalaan
July 22nd, 2011, 17:18
and their freinds!Have attended only a couple of contests over the years, noteably once at Wild West Boys and a few years before that at Sawatdee Boys, both reasonbly sized venues. What was common to both was the organised chaos of the evening due to the crowds they attract and the difficulty waiters have keeping up the service. Apart from the good attendance of westerners, the thing which stood out for me was the amount of thai boys there supporting friends and it gave these events an excitable atmosphere, not only that they were drinking fast and furious many having whiskey sets.

One thing i would do next time i visit a contest will be to buy a bottle of whiskey rather than single drinks, i found getting re-orders for drinks at those contests was not easy, so I think a bottle would be much more convenient. Happy Place is a smaller size venue so i would think maybe it won't be so chaotic but if i plan to stay in a place for a while i think whiskey set is the way to go.

Unfortunately I won't be in Thailand to be able to attend this contest but a question for justme regarding whiskey sets is, how does the bar regard giving out drinks from the bottle to whoever outwith your immediate company, is giving drinks to any of the boys/waiters encouraged or are you expected to buy single 'boy-drinks' for any of the staff. Asking for myself but also for anyone who might be considering attending the contest, although unable to attend myself I hope it is an enjoyable and successful evening for all who do.

July 22nd, 2011, 18:57
Thank you!
As far as buying a bottle with mixers etc., our policy is as follows:
It is your bottle until you finish it. Should there be any remaining, you may leave it and pick it up whenever you wish. it will be stored for you.
The mixers are FREE until you finish your bottle BUT mixers cannot be drunk without alcohol from your bottle.
As the bottle is yours, you may do as you wish with the drinks from it. Keep it amongst your party, treat guests or boys, pour it out front and give it to motorbike taxis. Its yours so we have nothing to say how you wish to drink it.

Sorry you wont be there for the party. maybe next one.

Marsha-old
July 22nd, 2011, 20:09
Sorry I will not be back to the 6 th August and do half love a big banana. Hope you have a good turnout?

christianpfc
July 24th, 2011, 23:26
Can someone post some pictures? (Of the boys who participated and other Thai boys around?)