PDA

View Full Version : Phuket accommodation ??.

July 9th, 2011, 15:37
Hi guys,

I was just about to book a few nights in the only place that I'd stayed before whilst in Phuket, that being the Tony "resort" which was nothing special but the rooms were fine, it's very close to the action, has a pool etc ( not that I ever use it) doesnt charge or care about joiners and only costs about 1600 baht a night on agoda, but justness I was booking it I recalled a few people having other ( no doubt much better) suggestions for central Phuket and thight I would post and wait to see if any one would care to give me any nice tips or suggestions of somewhere better ?

Thanks in anticipation as generally the advice given on the board here is second to none ( well from most people anyway lol :-)
Cheers
Colin

Beachlover
July 9th, 2011, 15:50
Been a while since I visited Phuket (last year) but if you're keen on a pool and central location under 2,000 baht/night, a couple of places I've stayed come to mind...

1. Royal Paradise Hotel: http://www.royalparadise.com/

- Located right above the gay area (Paradise Complex) and 10 mins' walk to beach.
- Rooms varied as they were in the middle of being re-furbished when I was last there (I got a crappy old unrenovated room).
- Get one of the rooms in the high-rise building (Paradise Wing) so you get a nice view.
- Has a reasonably nice pool.
- Easy to get rooms under 2,000.
- Some people have mentioned having issues with joiners but I never had any issues with this. Never been stopped or asked to pay any fee.

2. Patong Bay Garden Hotel: http://www.patongbaygarden.com/

- Super-nice location right on the beach in the middle and only 10 mins' walk to Paradise Complex gay area.
- Nice pool overlooking the beach to laze around, but since you're on the beach you might want to just laze on the beach anyway.
- Rooms were pretty old and tired last time I stayed there but they may have refurbished since then.
- Had no problem with joiners but then the security guard was asleep LOL.
- I think I paid 3,000-4,000 for my room but you can probably get rooms for under or close to 2,000 baht.

3. Poppa Palace: http://www.poppapalace.com/

- Really centrally located, halfway between gay area and the beach. Paradise Complex gay area is only 2-3 mins' walk away.
- Rooms are reasonably new and clean.
- Nice pool to laze around.
- Don't think there'd be any issue with joiners but I didn't take anyone to my room.
- Easy to get rooms under 2,000 baht.

llz
July 9th, 2011, 15:55
I was in Phuket three weeks ago and staid as usual in Rendez-Vous Hostel in Paradise Complex.
And as usual I found the place very welcoming, clean, convenient and quiet - all this for a very fair price especially if you use their Green Saison 2011 Promotion (we are in the under THB 1000/night range here).
More on their website : http://www.boontarika.com/

atri1666
July 9th, 2011, 20:37
I was in Phuket three weeks ago and staid as usual in Rendez-Vous Hostel in Paradise Complex.
And as usual I found the place very welcoming, clean, convenient and quiet - all this for a very fair price especially if you use their Green Saison 2011 Promotion (we are in the under THB 1000/night range here).
More on their website : http://www.boontarika.com/

Stayed there 3 times and always would return. I like the big suite.

bing
July 10th, 2011, 20:35
If you are going to be in Phuket, and do not need a pool at the hotel, then The Connect guesthouse/hotel offers a basic clean room right in the heart of the Paradise Complex. It has a nice little bar and serves some basic foods. It has been a gay magnet for years. I would stay there again.
and the cost is way under 1000 baht, but I actually forget the actual price. Check it out and you may find The Connect is just what you are looking for.

July 12th, 2011, 14:49
Thanks for the posts guys, I flew in last night exhausted after a full on week on KL - actually went from hating it on arrival to actually quite liking it and the action was NON STOP to the point of too much ( and I can't believe I'm even saying that ! :-) so stayed in connect last night (450 baht for their big room) and it was 'ok' - as the other poster said it was clean and central etc but just a bit sparse for me as I'm here for 6 nights so went around the corner to spartigus hotel and for their suite for 1000 baht ( no breakfast) which is a nice big double spaced room smd includes free entry to their gym and suana etc - although considering it's the paradise complex where one is literally surrounded by 'hello masaaaasge' guys on walking out of room it seems a bit pointless even going near the suana :/) - oh except for the obvious health benefits I guess !!! Lol ;-)

thonglor55
July 12th, 2011, 14:59
... so stayed in connect last night (450 baht for their big room) and it was 'ok' - as the other poster said it was clean and central etc but just a bit sparse for me ...I agree, and the time I stayed there a mouse was living in the bathroom.

July 12th, 2011, 15:33
" and there was a mouse living in the bathroom"

Well I hoped you asked him to split the room cost with you at least !! Lol :-)

thonglor55
July 12th, 2011, 15:44
Well I hoped you asked him to split the room cost with you at least !! Lol :-)Actually he took time to explain the "joiner's" policy and claimed that as I was joining him, I should pay for the room.

July 12th, 2011, 16:01
Look on the bright side - the mouse would keep the cockroaches down.

:occasion9:

July 12th, 2011, 17:26
Hmm, the jliner paying the joiners fee, now come I've never though of that before, perhaps I'll suggest that the next time I have someone Join me, I'll be sure to let you know how that goes as I've no doubt that new strategy will be a resounding success and be very popular with the
Boys :-))) - what was it your name was again, just do I can tell them who's idea it was in the first place ha ha :/))

newalaan
July 12th, 2011, 17:52
so went around the corner to spartigus hotel Part of the Paradise Complex, in one of the side sois or outside? Remember to add a few bar/venue updates NIrish.

July 12th, 2011, 18:07
New Allan you know it's just as well you asked me that as I've just looked at some hotel letterhead in my room only to discover thSt I'm actually staying in the Aquarius hotel " apparently" ha ha - just as well I realised that now before going out and getting hammered and coming home with some boy and 'demanding'
To be let into my room at spartigus ha ha :-)) and yes it's one soi behind the main strip of paradise and ten seconds walk from connect etc, just had a nice in room massage on my king size bed from
One of the staff so right now needless to say as im
Nuce snd relaxed I HIGHLY recommend it ( and before anyone asks no I didn't bother with the HE, I'll keep that fun for later lol :-)

thonglor55
July 12th, 2011, 18:29
- what was it your name was again, just do I can tell them who's idea it was in the first place The mouse introduced himself as "Khun Mickey"