PDA

View Full Version : New owner[s]--- La Cage????

lonelywombat
July 2nd, 2011, 23:24
Phone ringing hot today from Pattaya asking who the new owner of La Cage is. Things seemed to have moved fast and the news that the bar was on the market and 3 people had bids into lease, came as no surprise.

Tonight news came that all the staff had been retrenched at 1800 sat Thai time. All the TVs and Fridges have been removed and sold.

Even as I type I get a text message that highest bidder was successful.

I find it extremely sad that Mike who ran the most successful bar in Pattaya and a bar that I envied and admired, should be replaced so quickly. Still it is a great compliment that 3 people lined up to buy the lease as soon as it became available.

Maybe those living in Pattaya might have more up to date info. As the bars are closed both saturday and sunday, perhaps it will take a little time to filter through.

bucknaway
July 2nd, 2011, 23:31
I have never been inside of that bar. Where was it located? Was that a drag show bar?

July 3rd, 2011, 00:53
...Mike who ran the most successful bar in Pattaya .....

And that judgement is based on what exactly?

I think you may have exaggerated just a tad.

:sign5:

July 3rd, 2011, 05:46
Phone ringing hot today from Pattaya asking who the new owner of La Cage is. Things seemed to have moved fast and the news that the bar was on the market and 3 people had bids into lease, came as no surprise.

Tonight news came that all the staff had been retrenched at 1800 sat Thai time. All the TVs and Fridges have been removed and sold.

Even as I type I get a text message that highest bidder was successful.

I find it extremely sad that Mike who ran the most successful bar in Pattaya and a bar that I envied and admired, should be replaced so quickly. Still it is a great compliment that 3 people lined up to buy the lease as soon as it became available.

Maybe those living in Pattaya might have more up to date info. As the bars are closed both saturday and sunday, perhaps it will take a little time to filter through.

Well my dear, if you envied and admired it so much, why didn't you buy it?

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2011, 08:15

:

One of the few making money. That is a good sign. As you are always knocking other peoples posts please tell us which bar[s] YOU consider the most successful gay bars in Pattaya.

They have to be making money which limits you choice.

newalaan
July 3rd, 2011, 08:20
I find it extremely sad that Mike who ran the most successful bar in Pattaya and a bar that I envied and admired, should be replaced so quicklyI agree with your remarks regarding Mike and the way he conducts his business, if you had said that he ran 'one' of the most successful bars I would agree entirely.

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2011, 08:25
I class Bondi as Jomtien but would include that as almost equal to La Cage with Funny boys heading the go go bars.

pennyboy
July 3rd, 2011, 12:19
It was an OK bar which seemed to rely on happy hour and special parties. Whether it made money or not I don't know. Perhaps Lonely had access to the finances. There were many more bars in Sunnee where I had more fun and I will wait to see what the new owners bring.

July 3rd, 2011, 18:09

:

.... please tell us which bar[s] YOU consider the most successful gay bars in Pattaya.

They have to be making money which limits you choice.

Like everybody else I have a few favourite bars for different purposes (gogo, host, showbars) - but as I am not party to the financial accounts of every bar in Pattaya (unlike yourself apparently), I find your profitability criterion impossible to meet.

How about this for a suggstion - use your apparently intimate knowledge to complile a list of these "profitable" bars, and I will choose from it. It'll be a lengthy list though, since it will have to cover every bar in Pattaya

Although what my bar preferences have to do with your proclamation that "La Cage was the most successful bar in Pattaya" I'm not quite sure.

Surely it is up to you to prove, qualify, or withdraw your sweeping statement?

:occasion9:

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2011, 19:14
Interesting development today. The interested parties expected to pick up LaCage for three fifths of five eights of fuck all. But the asking price for goodwill? is close to seven figures.

The general feeling is wait a few weeks and you can get it for next to nothing.

it will be interesting to see whose nerve goes first, in what looks like a dutch auction.

No reopening very soon ATM

newalaan
July 3rd, 2011, 20:55
Interesting development today. The interested parties expected to pick up LaCage for three fifths of five eights of fuck all. But the asking price for goodwill? is close to seven figuresthree fiths of five eights of fuck all is all it is basically worth now. Where is any 'goodwill' without Mike himself? there is none.
his boyfriend/owner added no pluses to the bar value from what could be seen on visits, not a smile or a welcome greeting adorned his glum fizzog, he moped around neutralising and good banter going around with his mr glum vibe. In all the years visiting La Cage I never saw him raise a smile even ONCE. And if true about how much of the fittings already sold why on earth would anybody consider paying a penny for what is left? Only the remaining stock is of value.

La Cage was always about Mike, how he managed and organised the happenings there and the quality of the waiters in terms of being entertaining to the customers. And of course the amount of customers Mike attracted through that. I saw how in the space of 2 weeks the place had fallen apart without knowing anything of the 'background' at the time.

Very very sad developments considering how much effort Mike put into the bar to make it successful.....and if true what has been stated about the reasons for it's demise.......another typical thick-as-pigshit Thai partner leads yet another decent business to ruin.

July 4th, 2011, 04:13
I class Bondi as Jomtien but would include that as almost equal to La Cage with Funny boys heading the go go bars.
My advice, don't go into the bar business, Bondi & La Cage, fucking hell, what's your idea of a fun night out, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Morgue, or Wat Chai's Crematorium?

newalaan
July 4th, 2011, 05:06
Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Morgue, or Wat Chai's Crematorium?The mention of these places in the same breath as your name might give the opportunity for some unkind reply from some of the less-polite among us, I being one of those far too polite to take it up will leave the possibilities to Beachlover and Combat as it's more their forte.

July 4th, 2011, 05:13
The mention of these places in the same breath as your name might give the opportunity for some unkind reply from some of the less-polite among us, I being one of those far too polite to take it up will leave the possibilities to Beachlover and Combat as it's more their forte.

No need newalaan you've said it all for us,,,

newalaan
July 6th, 2011, 04:56
Interesting development Any further developments/info lonely? No point on relying on LMTU as all his scoops/info are third hand, or failing that....just invented. Monty seems to be the main source in sunee, what with his well placed gossip cafe. your grapvine have any updates?

anonone
July 6th, 2011, 09:05
Anyone know where some of the waiters ended up? I have not seen them around at any of the other bars.

lonelywombat
July 6th, 2011, 16:08
Anyone know where some of the waiters ended up? I have not seen them around at any of the other bars.

try Ouds bar in Sunee there were 2 there last night, but no guarantee

July 7th, 2011, 11:56
Interesting development Any further developments/info lonely? No point on relying on LMTU as all his scoops/info are third hand, or failing that....just invented. Monty seems to be the main source in sunee, what with his well placed gossip cafe. your grapvine have any updates?

Why dont you ask MONTY same place as LONLEY WOMBAT gets all his Gossip and Info. :dontknow:

anonone
July 7th, 2011, 13:04

OK Thanks.

I will try and drop by and say Hi if they happen to still be there.

lonelywombat
July 7th, 2011, 15:55

OK Thanks.

I will try and drop by and say Hi if they happen to still be there.

My friend from where the original info came from, still has the mobile number for the boy from LaCage he had the hots for.When he gets back from BKK might have some more details.

BTW ignore the school teacher above [LMTU posting as mothersruin] Wont see him around again until term holidays.

lonelywombat
July 9th, 2011, 22:06
The gossip around sunee is that Joe has "bought " the Skye bar next to the old pool bar and hopes to start trading as early as next weekend. [ maybe 14 july]. Hr has approached some of the boys to work for him.

The rumour conveyed to Monty that he was the new owner was greeted with "I cant f*****g afford this let alone one 10 times as much"

Our spies tell us that maybe scotch whisky might not be as welcome in the new La cage as at present. maybe Guiness?

lonelywombat
July 10th, 2011, 11:16
Had a few drinks at Corner bar last night and the comments on Skye bar [ to be renamed as Banana?] were interesting. Getting a licence might be a huge problem. First the address does not exist, the previous bar before it was closed was owned by a policeman. The granting of a licence is not automatic and this bar has form.

A week is a long time in Pattaya and anything could happen.

paulg
July 17th, 2011, 12:59
This is a little confusing I was under the impression that Brendon was not in the country when Mike 's bar closed, and has not returned.

Are you sure he likes being called old Brendon? How did you confirm the purchase. Surely you did not rimg him at his home?