PDA

View Full Version : First timer to Bangkok

June 27th, 2011, 05:14
Friends, :hello2:
I am an Indian, now working in Abu Dhabi and visiting Bangkok on deputation for two months from July 1st.
I am just excited :bounce: as you know that in UAE I had to roll and tuck my tail in and forget Gayism as it is a SIN here :hiding: .
I need a decent and trustworthy english speaking friend who can guide me safe for these two months in Bangkok :notworthy: .
Or at the least guide me thru this blog that I dont get cheated by any one in this city. :pottytrain3: :tard:
I am a bit scared. But I want to freek out and enjoy the rainbow.... ;) :sex: :occasion9:
Also, I want to know if there is any Racism as in England towards Indians? :dontknow:
Will the Gay friends here show respect to an indian like me? Hmmmmm....... :8(
-Vijay :bis:

thonglor55
June 27th, 2011, 05:21
Also, I want to know if there is any Racism ... towards Indians? :dontknow: Indeedy dodee. Indians are stereotyped as stingy and smelly which, for both reasons, makes them unpopular in some bars. There have occasionally been stories in the press about Indians leaving hotel rooms stripped of everything they could pack. As well there is a general Thai distaste for darker skin, as traditionally peasants who worked in the fields had darker skin, therefore the darker the skin the lower the class. I've even heard of Thai mothers scolding their sons for sun-bathing on the beach for that very reason. That's not to say you won't have a good time, and there are plenty of ethnic-Indian here, mostly tailors, but there may be an under-current.

June 27th, 2011, 05:27
Thanks for the quick reply friend!
But I am a decent looking Engineer.
And I am not dark skinned and am not very fair also.
Let me see my luck!

thonglor55
June 27th, 2011, 05:30
And we'll recognise you from the sign you'll be wearing around your neck saying "I'm not a tailor I'm really an engineer"? :dontknow:

June 27th, 2011, 05:31
And we'll recognise you from the sign you'll be wearing around your neck saying "I'm not a tailor I'm really an engineer"? :dontknow:
LOL! :rolling:

Brisboy82
June 27th, 2011, 08:25
Thais have a fairly negative attitude towards Indians but as long as you throw plenty of money around you should be fine. Make sure you are generous with the Thais.

Beachlover
June 27th, 2011, 22:03
One of my Thai boyfriends was studying in Sydney and lots of Indians classmates. I asked if he was making many friends. He said something along the lines of, "I don't really want to say what I think about them" LOL. It was clear he had no desire to get to know them. I guess he just wasn't widely exposed to Indians and couldn't relate to them in terms of their looks or habits.

Yes, there are some negative attitudes towards Indians but that might not mean you can't have a good time.

Maybe you can pre-empt a few things...

Looks: I don't know if Thais are attracted to people of Indian ethnicity. I suspect most aren't. Maybe some are. So might be harder to pick up boys genuinely. But if you just want to go to gogo bars you'll probably overcome this barrier as they just do it for the money.

Appearance/behaviour: Indians are often stereotyped by Thais as smelly, poorly dressed, shamelessly cheap, not charming and low classed. Unfortunately this stereotype will probably precede you wherever you go. You could pre-empt this by dressing smartly and neatly, being extra careful with personal hygiene, smiling lots, behaving politely and with class and being generous with people you meet (e.g. don't hold back on offering to buy drinks etc.). It'll reflect well on you.

francois
June 27th, 2011, 22:18
and being generous with people you meet (e.g. don't hold back on offering to buy drinks etc.). It'll reflect well on you.

Raj; be generous with your tips, otherwise they may think you are an Australian.

Beachlover
June 27th, 2011, 22:23
otherwise they may think you are an Australian Aborigine.

[youtube:1vyt7fur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA_SfskrsA[/youtube:1vyt7fur]

Thai Dyed
June 27th, 2011, 22:43
[attachment=0:269nus4z]Young Sadhu.jpg[/attachment:269nus4z]
тАЬI am not distinct from the phallus. The phallus is identical with me. It draws my faithful to me, and therefore must be worshipped. My well-beloved! Wherever there is an upright male organ, I myself am present, even if there is no other representation of me.тАЭ
-Shiva Purana, Vidyeshvara Samhita, I, chap. 9, 43 - 44

Brisboy82
June 28th, 2011, 03:07
I have heard quite a few Thais complain that there are 'too many Indians in thailand'

bao-bao
June 28th, 2011, 03:13
I am a bit scared. But I want to freek out and enjoy the rainbow....
Take things slow, do some research other than here, and don't rush headlong into things. You have two months.

On the topic of body odor, I've dated some guys from India and Bangla Desh in the distant past, and from my experience when proper hygiene was practiced they didn't smell - but I did have to drop a hint to a couple of them. Some Westerners can smell offensive to Asians, too - sometimes merely because of the red meat we eat more of.

Check your messages by clicking above next to the log in/out button.

Brad the Impala
June 28th, 2011, 03:50
On the topic of body odor, I've dated some guys from India and Bangla Desh in the distant past, and from my experience when proper hygiene was practiced they didn't smell - but I did have to drop a hint to a couple of them. Some Westerners can smell offensive to Asians, too - sometimes merely because of the red meat we eat more of.

Also offensive to Thais can be the smell of dairy products, butter and cheese

netrix
June 28th, 2011, 15:38
hi veeresh raj,
can you give us an idea of how old you are? that will definitely
determine what kind of advice might apply to you. and keep
in mind on a forum like this most of the advice is coming from
expats well beyond retirement. most of the time thier views of
Thailand and the gay scene here are skewed and jaded.

in my experience, Thais seem more able to judge someone's
social class and stature more accurately than other cultures.
they want to know where they fit in relation to you, so they're
constantly sizing you up. some of the above comments are
probably accurate but don't worry too much about it. a smiling,
fun personality, calm demeanor, and style conscious appearance
matter more that race alone. in fact i bet some Thais won't even
know what country you're from unless you tell them unless you look
stereotypically Indian. Thais don't tend to like African Americans
very much either, but i have a couple of black friends from the US
who love visiting Thailand and are always welcomed, and not just
by the money boys.

for more helpful advice, tell us where in Thailand you'll be visiting
and what kind of things you want to do. again, the gay lifestyle
is much different for an aging westerner in Pattaya compared to
a recent college grad asian in Bangkok.

June 28th, 2011, 16:24
Welcome to Thailand and I hope you have yourself a very good, memorable experience.
Keep your money where you kniw where it is and not easily accessible to pick pocket lady boys. Keep your wits about you and don't go for hard luck stories. Always remember the saying that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! and finally....don't think with your penis!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

June 28th, 2011, 16:29
Welcome to Thailand and I hope you have yourself a very good, memorable experience.
Keep your money where you kniw where it is and not easily accessible to pick pocket lady boys. Keep your wits about you and don't go for hard luck stories. Always remember the saying that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! and finally....don't think with your penis!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

...you managed to sound like polonious (giving advices to laertes) :-) but at least you are trying to reassure the guy...which is good...:-) I did not know about this racist side of thais...and this frankly makes them a little bit less interesting to me :-(

June 28th, 2011, 17:20
Thais are usually kind, loving wonderful people. Unfortunately they have some of the same predjudices that many of us unfortunately have. They have a distaste for darker skinned people and you will see many darker skinned boys applying talc powder and creams etc in order to lighten their skin in fear that they will be rejected by falang and freinds. Very sad as I personally find the darker skinned Thais more appealing to me. Why? I dont know. It just amazes me that gay people can be predjudice.
:love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

Beachlover
June 28th, 2011, 20:15
social class and stature... they want to know where they fit in relation to you, so they're constantly sizing you up.
True... I think this tends to be the case all over Asia (including India... in fact, probably even more so in India) compared with Western countries.

July 11th, 2011, 21:07
I am really delighted to see so many responses. Sorry friends I missed the link, so couldnt reply.
It seems that getting friend for me in Bangkok is very easy. All in simple sentence "Be a simple appealing good human" and "Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you".
Friends, I am a 31 years old Engineer. Brought up feeding on good humane and in a very decent family which believes that "Feeling good in life is when others feel good about you". So at all points, I am conscious about dress, body odor, what i talk, how i eat, how i look, and how I show. But only backlog is my shape :D. A bit over weighing figure. So am really jealous on guys wearing tights.
Regarding my skin color, I can be measured in terms of Luschan scale, between 16 and 23 in normal light and between 13 & 16 in White light. ( Click here to know about Felix Von Luschan in wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_von_Luschan) )
As far as odour is concerned, I will be not in scene if I smell myself. Breath : I am a smoker, so please dont expect me not to have smoke smell otherwise you can enjoy kissing me.
I am here in Bangkok on an official assignment in an engineering consulting company.
Will be going around Thai in the week ends and more lazy and feeling bored to go around alone in the weekday evenings.
But spending some useful time in the gym in my hotel apartment.
When it comes to jelling up with people, I am a bit slow. It depends on the person whom I meet. I get easy with people who give importance to me and filled with fun. Mostly i'm very silent till i study how the person is. It is very tough to give false face to me or hide your feelings. And it is very easy to figure out my mood from my face.
I cant control my lips smiling and at the same time i cant control my facial muscles showing expressions.
If you judge me by my face, it will be 80% true, if you judge me by my land it will be 80% false. But I have soft corner to my land and my people. I love India. I am patriotic but not into politics.
What more details is needed?
My sincere thanks to all of you that you have shown much interest in me. Please keep posting. I want to learn more and that will help me to be cautious and conscious at all time.

netrix
July 12th, 2011, 12:43
I am a 31 years old Engineer... I am conscious about dress, body odor, what i talk, how i eat, how i look, and how I show. But only backlog is my shape :D. A bit over weighing figure.

i'm sure you'll have no problems at all feeling welcome and meeting people who
sincerely want to get to know you. and you're not overweight at all compared
to most people on this forum haha.

Beachlover
July 14th, 2011, 02:23
It seems that getting friend for me in Bangkok is very easy. All in simple sentence "Be a simple appealing good human" and "Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you"...
Awesome... glad to hear you're having a great time. Tell us if you find any great places to go in Bangkok, in terms of nightlife, eateries and other services etc.

July 18th, 2011, 22:52
Guys.... I got a good Thai friend. He is so sweet and he took me to G.O.D. last Saturday. OMG! It was awesome. I loved that place. We danced together and stayed till it closed by 5AM. But my bad luck. He is free only on thursdays when I go to work. Hmmmmm...... Missing him all night.
Sometimes I dont understand what he says. So when we were together we wrote down our chats on a paper. But when it comes to phone call ..... Hmmmmmmmmm....... I cant explain that. If I sms, I get no reply. But he is sweet. He calls me every night and every day.
Cute little sweet heart.

Brisboy82
July 19th, 2011, 03:58
Guys.... I got a good Thai friend. He is so sweet and he took me to G.O.D. last Saturday. OMG! It was awesome. I loved that place. We danced together and stayed till it closed by 5AM. But my bad luck. He is free only on thursdays when I go to work. Hmmmmm...... Missing him all night.
Sometimes I dont understand what he says. So when we were together we wrote down our chats on a paper. But when it comes to phone call ..... Hmmmmmmmmm....... I cant explain that. If I sms, I get no reply. But he is sweet. He calls me every night and every day.
Cute little sweet heart.

You work in Thailand? I envy you

netrix
July 19th, 2011, 05:04
Guys.... I got a good Thai friend.

Only 1?? haha glad you're having a good time with your cute little sweetheart. :love4:

July 19th, 2011, 23:20
You work in Thailand? I envy you
Need not envy. I am here just on a deputation. Just till 25th of august. Later back to prison. The UAE.

July 19th, 2011, 23:21
Guys.... I got a good Thai friend.

Only 1?? haha glad you're having a good time with your cute little sweetheart. :love4:
Praying God that we should not fall in love with each other.

Brisboy82
July 20th, 2011, 06:02
[quote="veeresh_raj":kf6dfjz2]Guys.... I got a good Thai friend.

Praying God that we should not fall in love with each other.[/quote:kf6dfjz2]

Love is a good thing as long as you're sensible.

July 20th, 2011, 23:32
But separation makes me feel like i have lost my life. It takes long time to come out of the feeling. When I am sure that I am not gonna be near to a guy for ever, I cant dare fall in love with him.

Brisboy82
July 21st, 2011, 03:12
But separation makes me feel like i have lost my life. It takes long time to come out of the feeling. When I am sure that I am not gonna be near to a guy for ever, I cant dare fall in love with him.

Well you could visit him sometimes. But yes long distance relationships are hard.

Btw there is more gay life in Abu dhabi than you think. I have a Filipino friend who loves there with his boyfriend and has a very active gay social life. I guess you just have to find the scene which is not openly advertised.

July 22nd, 2011, 02:37
Btw there is more gay life in Abu dhabi than you think. I have a Filipino friend who loves there with his boyfriend and has a very active gay social life. I guess you just have to find the scene which is not openly advertised.
That is like rolling a Cobra around your neck. It is very risky to have a happy social gay life in Abu Dhabi. But as you said, Yes I can have a boy friend there. But compared to life here at Bangkok, life at Abu dhabi sucks.

Brisboy82
July 22nd, 2011, 03:06
That is like rolling a Cobra around your neck. It is very risky to have a happy social gay life in Abu Dhabi. But as you said, Yes I can have a boy friend there. But compared to life here at Bangkok, life at Abu dhabi sucks.

Yes I also agree that being gay in Abu dhabi is very dangerous and terr is no place like Bangkok in the world really.

I heard India is slowly improving for gay people. But again it has no scene like you find in Thailand or even anything comparable to the west. But there is hope for the future in India. It will get better there.

July 24th, 2011, 00:37

Yes I also agree that being gay in Abu dhabi is very dangerous and terr is no place like Bangkok in the world really.

I heard India is slowly improving for gay people. But again it has no scene like you find in Thailand or even anything comparable to the west. But there is hope for the future in India. It will get better there.

Yeah! India has removed homosexuality from the crime list. But the culture there resists the gay ventures to open in India. You cant even find a straight go go bar/dance club in India now. So we can not expect gay friendly clubs/gogo bars to come up in India.
I heard that Gay magazines are now showing heads. Western influence in the culture is getting higher day by day.

Shuee
July 24th, 2011, 16:08
i read that some girly bars in pattaya have signs on the door not allowing indian men to enter, this is due to (again this is what i read) the impolite way they treat the thai ladies, low tips & the bad hygiene of the indian man, & many of the thais will therefore not go with the indian men.
As for the gay bars i cannot speak, if you think you are getting the feeling about the thias not warming to you, just be clear & sure to set a good starting point where you buy them some drinks in the bars, & tell them in advance what you are willing to pay. Goodluck & have fun!

July 24th, 2011, 17:52
i read that some girly bars in pattaya have signs on the door not allowing indian men to enter, this is due to (again this is what i read) the impolite way they treat the thai ladies, low tips & the bad hygiene of the indian man, & many of the thais will therefore not go with the indian men.
As for the gay bars i cannot speak, if you think you are getting the feeling about the thias not warming to you, just be clear & sure to set a good starting point where you buy them some drinks in the bars, & tell them in advance what you are willing to pay. Goodluck & have fun!
Thanks for the info Shuee. My story is going amazingly fine, and unexpectedly busy. Now I have a Thai boyfriend here at Bangkok. A sweet chap. I've not spent any money to make him my boyfriend. He liked me as I am and we went to G.O.D. together two times. We slept together in my room.
When I went to G.O.D. once all alone, I found few guys coming to me and eyeing on me. They were Thais. But I didnt have the guts to speek to them. Shy Shy :8( . One in particular, was standing besides me, and kept eying. I was shy to give a response. He took his shirt off. OMG what a smooth and sexy body he had. But still I was shy. He never want to leave that place. But if he had started talking to me, I would have had a dream come true. I would have taken him to my room. Hmmmm....... I still miss him. While closing a guy approached me and as we continued our conversation, he wanted to come to my room for that night. OMG we had four hour long session in my room later.
I went with my straight friend to Rainbow4 in Nana plaza. There a Thai gogo dancer (named CAT) came to me by herself and started smooching me. She was talking to me in Thai style English She told that I was very handsome and she liked me. After sometime she requested a drink. I offered. She was happy. Then she went on the ramp and was stripping for me. She was too funny. Later she asked me whether I am married. I said no. Then she asked whether I didnt get a bride who pays more. I said I dont bother about paying. She joked that she will pay me, so I will marry her and laughed. She asked me to off her for the night. I politely told her that I was tired and will take her some other time. As I felt very shy and uneasy, me and my friend planned to leave. We told her that we had to go. She didnt want us to. Then I tipped her a 100Bhat. She received it in her bra, and with her Thai style, she thanked us.
At some 7elevens I saw sales girls giving me weird looks as if I am an untouchable. Other wise in Bangkok, till now I had no problems being an Indian. What our friends told was true. Dress well, look tidy. these two are important for gaining attention. Later to continue, the attitude plays its part.

Beachlover
July 31st, 2011, 20:51
Other wise in Bangkok, till now I had no problems being an Indian. What our friends told was true. Dress well, look tidy. these two are important for gaining attention. Later to continue, the attitude plays its part.
Glad you found the posts useful and things are working out well, Veeresh...

Haha... Sounds like you're having a mad time in Bangkok.

Reminds me of my first couple of visits and getting to know the place. Thai boys have this really friendly, easy going and charming way of chatting you up and getting to know you which I've not found anywhere else in Asia, except maybe Cambodia, to an extent.