PDA

View Full Version : Best Food IMHO

Nabaat
June 26th, 2011, 14:01
Sandwhich: Bondi

Steak n Kidney Suet Pudding: Village Chippie

Fish: Jolly Friar

Pork Pie: Simple Simon's

Cornish Pasty: Geoff's Place (behind Papa David's) or the Pie Man who does the rounds and also has a site next to Dave Man Club.

Snert: Holland House Jomtien

Bacon, Liver, Onions n Gravy: Golf Bar opposite the 9 hole course on the hill...f forgot the name

:snorting: :snorting: :snorting: :snorting: :snorting: :snorting: :snorting: :snorting:

witchhunt
June 26th, 2011, 14:27
Enough already with the fat guilt thread. Live and let eat.

People seem to like the burgers and onion rings in Sunnee. Haven't tried yet as I am not a big burger fan, but as we are talking about American food, I have some ideas for new menu items.

Burgers of course are available all over town, OK, mostly bad.

Here are two things that are not really available in Pattaya, that I think could potentially be potential niche hits for a bar serving food or restaurant.

American classic recipe main course sized macaroni and cheese. Any good google search on classic American south recipes would probably give clues on how to do it. Better yet served with an option portion of grilled chicken and roasted vegetables to make it a more complete meal. There is wholesaler now doing made in Thailand cheddar cheese so the cost problems of offering cheesy dishes at a good price is reduced now.

American style lasagne. That is, served with good quality ground beef and critically ricotta cheese. Caroline made in Thailand ricotta cheese is sold in Pattaya so again the cost factors are now possible to offer at a reasonable price. American style lasagne is quite different and I think much better than the Brit style lasagnes in town and I think could possibly be a crossover hit for any expats who try it who aren't American.

Happy eating!

Check out some of the different options for mac and cheese. How about a mac and cheese only restaurant with like 100 different options? Probably a bomb but never heard of that being done anywhere ...

Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
A variety of recipes for macaroni and cheese, America's favorite comfort food

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Perfect Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese With Cheddar and Boursin Cheeses
Andouille Mac 'n Cheese
Macaroni and Smoked Cheddar Cheese
Parmesan Shells and Cheese
Extra-Special Macaroni and Cheese
Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese
Quick and Easy Chili Mac
Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon
Macaroni and Cheese Bake
Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
Macaroni and Cheese with Eggs
Old-Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Bake III
Pasta and Cheese Bake With Spinach
Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese
Quick and Easy Nacho Macaroni and Cheese
Skillet Macaroni and Cheese
Taco Cheeseburger Macaroni
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Macaroni and Cheese (1928)
Four Cheese Mini Penne Bake

MARK
June 26th, 2011, 14:39
Yesterday I bought a selection of the made in Thailand Cheeses and I have to say they are quite good and very very reasonably priced compared to anywhere I have bought cheese about two third of the price well worth a try. :hello1:

June 26th, 2011, 16:01
Where did you buy the cheeses?
I agree (finally) that I know of no place in the Pattaya area that serves, makes good mac and cheese,
American style Lasagne, or a beefy mac.....(macaroni in a tomato beef sauce.)
One day I will try Jolly Friars but the problem is PARKING in that area SUCKS big time.
Liver and onions with brown sauce is nice but breaded and done medium is best but I dont really care for the way that the English enjoy it (sorry) its like shoe leather and cooked stiff. Dipped in egg and then floured and then fried with thin onions, drives me crazy.
On the beach, I love the pizza that the place next to Tui's makes. Its thin and not overloaded like some places. Problem is that during off season, they dont make it so often. Its the place with those beds, that I think is corney but awsome thin pizza.
Boat Bakery is my choice in birthday cakes. They dont taste like lard frosting, and are not that almost total whip cream frosting like Balcony and other similar. I think they load it up on fruit and whip cream so that they dont have to make such big cakes! Anyway Boat Bakery outside of Boyztown for a great western birthday cake. Use ideas outside the book and its no problem. I had them make a Mango cake and Orange cake...very good.
Any good Mac and cheese spot or Beefy Mac place, let me know.
Oh and by the way, the best ribs I like, are New Orleans. The meat just falls off the bone with a fork,
so tender, have it with or without sauce, and he cooks them for 2 or three days. Makes great gumbo and jambalaya also. Gives you 1/2 price drink coupons for Happy Place also! Tee hee! Then again so does Street Life with the purchase of an entree.
:glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7:

cdnmatt
June 26th, 2011, 16:41
Narakmak wrote that post a couple above? The food connoisseur of connoisseurs? Yet, he wants a bowl of "Quick and Easy Chili Mac"? WTF???

June 26th, 2011, 16:50
Narakmak wrote that post a couple above? The food connoisseur of connoisseurs? Yet, he wants a bowl of "Quick and Easy Chili Mac"? WTF???
Well it just goes to show you that even connoisseurs love tasty basic foods!
Beefy Mac, mac and cheese Oh and I could really go for butterscotch pudding. Not the quick make but the hand stirred and boiled. I know Villa Market has Alaskan King Crab but nobody I know of imports Maine or Canadian lobsters! :crybaby: :crybaby:
Shit I am getting hungry with all this!

cdnmatt
June 26th, 2011, 17:03
Yeah, definitely a bowl of mac & cheese would be good. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate cheese. Probably at least two years now.

One thing I would really like though is some fresh, live lobsters. Can't get them up here though. Put on a nice steak, lobster, and shrimp dinner with some stuffed potatoes, caesar salad, garlic bread, red wine, etc. Should almost contract one of you guys to ship me some lobster from Pattaya.

Anyway, dog's hungry, so I guess time to goto the market again, and get myself some bloody kapow gai gap kai dtao, or something like that. Getting sick of Thai food.

donald1
June 26th, 2011, 17:12
the best ribs I like, are New Orleans. The meat just falls off the bone with a fork,

Do they still have the special "all you can eat ribs"? I remember seeing the advert a few years ago.

June 26th, 2011, 17:30
the best ribs I like, are New Orleans. The meat just falls off the bone with a fork,

Do they still have the special "all you can eat ribs"? I remember seeing the advert a few years ago.

I think so but i will check tonight, if I can remember! :dontknow:
I know that the Shagri la used to have an all u can eat buffet of Maine lobsters (small ones) and Alaskan King legs on Friday nights and sometimes carried it over to Saturday and sunday brunch. So obviously it IS possible to get some shipped in. I will have to check that one out! Warm lobster with drawwn butter! :love4: Now you know why I M THE SIZE i AM!
:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Thai Dyed
June 26th, 2011, 19:13
Sandwhich: Bondi
Fish: Jolly Friar
Pork Pie: Simple Simon's
Cornish Pasty: Geoff's Place (behind Papa David's) or the Pie Man who does the rounds and also has a site next to Dave Man Club.
Snert: Holland House Jomtien
Bacon, Liver, Onions n Gravy: Golf Bar opposite the 9 hole course on the hill...f forgot the name

Oh Sweet Jesus! These sound like concoctions from Dr. Frankenstein's kitchen.
I had to look up "steak and kidney suet pudding" and it looks like the contents from someone's ruptured intestines. That stopped me dead in my tracks. No wonder Jacques Chirac said: "We can't trust people who have such bad food."

[attachment=0:k3g2dlb0]steak and kidney suet pudding.JPG[/attachment:k3g2dlb0]

June 26th, 2011, 19:54
... No wonder Jacques Chirac said: "We can't trust people who have such bad food."

Unfortunately for Monsieur Chirac, the French have proved themselves to be possibly the most untrustworthy and unreliable ally in Western Europe, so perhaps we ought not to rely on his food-snob comments.

:occasion9:

Thai Dyed
June 26th, 2011, 20:59
Unfortunately for Monsieur Chirac, the French have proved themselves to be possibly the most untrustworthy and unreliable ally in Western Europe, so perhaps we ought not to rely on his food-snob comments.

But WOW, what food the French have! Makes me forget everything else about them.

I'll take le paleron de boeuf brais├й, l'oeuf cocotte aux ecrevisses, le velout├й de lentilles poule faisane, les l├йgumes d'un lendemain de pot-au-feu or souffl├й au Cointreau instead of suet of ruptured intestines anytime. They say you become what you eat, and in the case of the English, I think that is doubly true.

Behold!
[attachment=0:30fnozan]steak and kidney suet pudding.JPG[/attachment:30fnozan]

June 26th, 2011, 22:43
Looks gross! You eat it and I promise, I wont even watch! :tard:

June 26th, 2011, 22:46

I went by there tonight and YES they still have all u can eat ribs.

francois
June 26th, 2011, 23:26
[quote="Thai Dyed"]
But WOW, what food the French have! Makes me forget everything else about them.
I'll take le paleron de boeuf brais├й, l'oeuf cocotte aux ecrevisses, le velout├й de lentilles poule faisane, les l├йgumes d'un lendemain de pot-au-feu or souffl├й au Cointreau instead of suet of ruptured intestines anytime.

I agree with you Thai Dyed! Bon app├йtit!

Mac and Cheese? More like Maggots ├а la sauce Vomi.

June 27th, 2011, 00:58
[quote="Thai Dyed":2q2lirpr]... No wonder Jacques Chirac said: "We can't trust people who have such bad food."

[/quote:2q2lirpr]
Whereas, the Scots have proved themselves to be quite reliable ever since they were put down at the battle of Culloden (with the help of the French).

Back to topic ...
Where can we find a good Scottish restaurant in Pattaya? I'm gaggin' for a Deep Fried Mars Bar

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg/250px-DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg

June 27th, 2011, 01:13
Now you know why I M THE SIZE i AM!
:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jdi/lowres/jdin596l.jpg

June 27th, 2011, 04:49
... the Scots have proved themselves to be quite reliable ever since they were put down at the battle of Culloden (with the help of the French).

I'm not sure if you've worded your response badly, Roger (or if you're just plain thick :rolling: ) - but the French fought on the Jacobite side (the side you have identified as the Scottish side).

And if you knew much about the Battle of Culloden, you would know that there were Scots fighting on both sides - as the fight was about whether the Stuarts or the Hanoverians (Catholic V Protestant) ought to be sitting on the British throne, rather than the "usual" territorial battles. Hence there were Scots on both the Jacobite side and the Government side. So it wasn't a simple Scots/English battle.

Back to topic ... Where can we find a good Scottish restaurant in Pattaya? I'm gaggin' for a Deep Fried Mars Bar

Well I hope that if one were to open up, you would be able to purchase your desired dish - but I'm quite certain that there would be more nutritious alternatives such as top-quality beef, lamb, venison, and salmon to name but a few.
I am sure you are not suggesting that deep-fried Mars bars are the staple diet of Scots?
That would be as moronic as saying that Americans eat only hamburgers, the English - Fish & Chips, the French - snails, and the Thais - deep-fried cockroaches.

:occasion9:

thonglor55
June 27th, 2011, 05:14
That would be as moronic as saying that Thais eat only deep-fried cockroaches.locusts, shurely?

Thai Dyed
June 29th, 2011, 11:36

Nabaat, I wonder if Village Chippie has my favorite dish available? Maybe you could put in the good word on my behalf to get them to make this tasty treat:

[attachment=0:utpnxajh]Brains.jpg[/attachment:utpnxajh]

mahjongguy
June 29th, 2011, 12:02
Scrambled brains? Certainly that's plentiful in Pattaya.

As for suet, I remember my mom buying it at the grocery store but we never ate it. That was put out in the winter for the birds to eat.

Rene
June 29th, 2011, 12:25
Scrambled brains? Certainly that's plentiful in Pattaya.

As for suet, I remember my mom buying it at the grocery store but we never ate it. That was put out in the winter for the birds to eat.

Isn't all English cooking for the birds?