PDA

View Full Version : No Booze this weekend

blueboy
June 25th, 2011, 09:17
It has been announced that no alcohol to be served in bars countrywide this weekend due to early election voting as posted on Thaivisa.

thonglor55
June 25th, 2011, 09:55
It has been announced that no alcohol to be served in bars countrywide this weekend due to early election voting as posted on Thaivisa.This topic has been foreshadowed in at least one other thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/bars-closed-june-26th-and-july-3rd-t21218.html) on the election. It's even called "Bars closed Jun26th and July 3rd" and it's on the first page of this Forum's topics. Why start a new thread?

June 25th, 2011, 15:05
It has been announced that no alcohol to be served in bars countrywide this weekend due to early election voting as posted on Thaivisa.
We have been advised that it is June 26 and July 2. Thats not the entire weekend.

gerefan2
June 25th, 2011, 22:55
It has been announced that no alcohol to be served in bars countrywide this weekend
Thank fuck for that.
Maybe the boozed keyboard bashers will give it a rest for a few days...

June 26th, 2011, 00:57
I was advised that booze should be available after midnight on the 26th but that there would be no problem serving after 10pm. We shall see.
Many bars were closed tonight but we stayed open with no problems. In fact the plce was packed wall to wall most of the night with people sipping on their non alcoholic drinks.
We did have TWO shows to keep everyone occupied one at 10:30pm and one at midnight.
We expect to do the same on Sunday June 26th.

cdnmatt
June 26th, 2011, 04:58
These laws are pointless. They might be somewhat effective if they were actually adhered to by everyone, but they're not. Not even close. Can't have a drink at that bar? No worries, walk 10 feet down the street, and I'm sure you'll find someone willing to sell you a beer.

Same with 7/11 today, or that 2-5pm and after midnight rule. They adhere strictly to these laws, but it's futile. Went into 7/11 to get a couple beer today, and was told I can't. Told them I'm pretty sure I won't be voting in this election, but didn't matter, rules are rules! So I walked about 6 feet from the 7/11 door to the next door mom & pop shop, and picked up my beer with a friendly smile.

anonone
June 26th, 2011, 05:05
I was advised that booze should be available after midnight on the 26th but that there would be no problem serving after 10pm. We shall see.
Many bars were closed tonight but we stayed open with no problems. In fact the plce was packed wall to wall most of the night with people sipping on their non alcoholic drinks.
We did have TWO shows to keep everyone occupied one at 10:30pm and one at midnight.
We expect to do the same on Sunday June 26th.

Glad to hear things went off without a hitch. I will be there next weekend; save me a coca-cola :hello1: