PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways: are people easily pleased

thonglor55
June 23rd, 2011, 10:02
According to the latest Skytrax World Airline Awards, Thai Airways is the biggest mover, rising four places to fifth position. In order the Top Ten are Qatar, Singapore, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, Thai, Etihad, Air NZ, Qantas, Turkish, Emirates. Qantas has been the most consistent performer over time - consistently slipping places every year since 2008, when it was in third position.

Marsha-old
June 23rd, 2011, 10:43
I find Thai Airways the worst airline out. I flew out of Bangkok with my Thai boyfriend to go to China.

We were flying business class and first we were impressed. At the airport we were helped with our luggage to the check in desk. Then we went to the lounge which wasn't bad either. So far so good. Then we got on the aircraft. They are so old and so dated. The seats did not work and the tbs only showed individual movies at certain times.

Not worth the money and they need to make a big change

francois
June 23rd, 2011, 12:01
Thai Air is the only non-stop flight from USA to Thailand which is a plus, maybe.

Brisboy82
June 23rd, 2011, 12:13
I had says ward that Thai airways were really good but maybe not. If not then don't know why there fares are relatively expensive.

Best airlines I have taken were Singapore and japan airlines. Etihad not too bad either. Malaysian airlines gets good rating but I found it a bit disappointing and british airways and lufthansa were terrible. The lufthansa planes I took were so old I thought they would fall apart and they didn't have personal tv screens which was disappointing.