PDA

View Full Version : must-dos in Bangkok and Phuket - a gay twist

June 21st, 2011, 21:18
Reading this forum and my travel guide so far I have came up with this things.....Feel free to add more suggestions:

Bangkok
- visit royal palace (emeral Buddha)
- visit reclining Buddha
- get a massage
- off a boy at tawan (gay)
- get a "massage" at heros (gay)
- take the skytrain

Phuket
- stay on patong beach (gay)

June 21st, 2011, 21:36
Visit the Icon showbar

June 21st, 2011, 21:41
Visit the Icon showbar

Did that not shut down years ago? Has it re-opened?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

June 21st, 2011, 21:47
Visit the Icon showbar

Bangkok?
gay?

I coudn't find anything on the internet about icon showbar...care to elaborate? ;-)

Beachlover
June 21st, 2011, 23:33
For Bangkok...

- Have a martini on the Sky Bar on top of the Lebua State Tower (was filmed in "The Hangover Part II"). Maybe have dinner at the Sirocco Restaurant.

- Go to DJ Station Nightclub/Disco, gets busy at 11pm and busier after 12-midnight

- Check out the show at Dream Boys/Bangkok's Best Boys (joint bars) on Soi Twilight. I think this is the biggest gay gogo bar show. Last time I was there I think it started at 10pm or 10:30pm and there's another one sometime around midnight.

- Have a meal by the river or on a boat... at least take a boat/ferry down the river to check it out

- Check out some of the malls at Siam Square and Gaysorn Plaza (high-end retail mall) and go for a walk around this area

- Walk around Chinatown

- Go for a walk in Lumpini Park

- Visit Babylon Sauna

- Visit Khao San Rd (popular backpacker area)

- Go to Chatuchak Market (largest weekend market in the world) on Sat/Sun

- If you're with straight mates, take them to Bed Supper Club... it's a world famous nightclub. Good place to eat earlier on too.

Lots more Bangkok stuff on this older thread: gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html)

In Phuket...

- Don't sit around the whole time. Be sure to take day trips out to the islands around.

- Take a sea kayaking trip out to see the beautiful and unique island caves (Hongs). I recommend "The Original Sea Canoe Company". http://www.seacanoe.net/ - They are arguably the best and offer the best experience. Do the "Self paddle" trip where you get your own kayak to get around.

- Do one of the speedboat trips where they take you out to the islands to snorkel about for the day.

- Enjoy Patong Beach... it used to be one of the finest developed beaches in the world. Not sure if you can still say that.

- Eat some fresh seafood... Tiger prawns as big as your forearm, fresh fish, lobster etc. very fresh. It can be cheaper in some of the less fancy restaurants. If you want your meal at a nice restaurant overlooking the beach or something it'll cost more but is worth it.

- Get a scrub and massage at Hiranyikara, a mens spa: http://www.hiranyikara.com

DO NOT under any circumstances hire a jetski for a ride. This is an ongoing scam (Google it) of faking damage to make you pay for it or charging ridiculous amounts to repair very minor damage if you do accidentally scratch or bump your jet ski. If you're caught in it, there's little you can do. They have thugs to follow and intimidate you into paying. The police are corrupt and in on it so they will actually assist the scammers by confiscating your passport etc. until you pay the supposed "damages" if needed. Don't even look at the jet skis. If any of your friends are tempted, tell them to Google "jet ski scam Phuket" first.

Thai Dyed
June 21st, 2011, 23:42
Reading this forum and my travel guide so far I have came up with this things.....Feel free to add more suggestions:

Bangkok
- visit royal palace (emeral Buddha)
- visit reclining Buddha
- get a massage
- off a boy at tawan (gay)
- get a "massage" at heros (gay)
- take the skytrain

Phuket
- stay on patong beach (gay)

Oh Sweet Jesus!

christianpfc
June 22nd, 2011, 00:53
- Go to DJ Station Nightclub/Disco, gets busy at 11pm and busier after 12-midnight
I second that. But as far as I remember they have a show from 11:30 - midnight, which I'm not interested in at all, but everyone else watches. So I go there only after midnight.

June 22nd, 2011, 01:44
I second that. But as far as I remember they have a show from 11:30 - midnight, which I'm not interested in at all, but everyone else watches. So I go there only after midnight.

Haven't been for 5 years or so - but does the mincing queen with the ridiculous toupee still hang out at the bar area upstairs?

:rolling:

June 22nd, 2011, 09:40
Haven't been for 5 years or so - but does the mincing queen with the ridiculous toupee still hang out at the bar area upstairs?

Not for 5 years or so ..... :laughing3:

June 22nd, 2011, 13:46
For Bangkok...

- Have a martini on the Sky Bar on top of the Lebua State Tower (was filmed in "The Hangover Part II"). Maybe have dinner at the Sirocco Restaurant.

- Check out the show at Dream Boys/Bangkok's Best Boys (joint bars) on Soi Twilight. I think this is the biggest gay gogo bar show. Last time I was there I think it started at 10pm or 10:30pm and there's another one sometime around midnight.

- Have a meal by the river or on a boat... at least take a boat/ferry down the river to check it out

- Check out some of the malls at Siam Square and Gaysorn Plaza (high-end retail mall) and go for a walk around this area

- Walk around Chinatown

- Go for a walk in Lumpini Park

- Visit Babylon Sauna

- Visit Khao San Rd (popular backpacker area)

- Go to Chatuchak Market (largest weekend market in the world) on Sat/Sun

- If you're with straight mates, take them to Bed Supper Club... it's a world famous nightclub. Good place to eat earlier on too.

Lots more Bangkok stuff on this older thread: gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html)

In Phuket...

- Don't sit around the whole time. Be sure to take day trips out to the islands around.

- Take a sea kayaking trip out to see the beautiful and unique island caves (Hongs). I recommend "The Original Sea Canoe Company". http://www.seacanoe.net/ - They are arguably the best and offer the best experience. Do the "Self paddle" trip where you get your own kayak to get around.

- Do one of the speedboat trips where they take you out to the islands to snorkel about for the day.

- Enjoy Patong Beach... it used to be one of the finest developed beaches in the world. Not sure if you can still say that.

- Eat some fresh seafood... Tiger prawns as big as your forearm, fresh fish, lobster etc. very fresh. It can be cheaper in some of the less fancy restaurants. If you want your meal at a nice restaurant overlooking the beach or something it'll cost more but is worth it.

- Get a scrub and massage at Hiranyikara, a mens spa: http://www.hiranyikara.com

DO NOT under any circumstances hire a jetski for a ride. This is an ongoing scam (Google it) of faking damage to make you pay for it or charging ridiculous amounts to repair very minor damage if you do accidentally scratch or bump your jet ski. If you're caught in it, there's little you can do. They have thugs to follow and intimidate you into paying. The police are corrupt and in on it so they will actually assist the scammers by confiscating your passport etc. until you pay the supposed "damages" if needed. Don't even look at the jet skis. If any of your friends are tempted, tell them to Google "jet ski scam Phuket" first.

Thanks BL...exactly what I was hoping for. If you happen to be in bkk at the end of August I will buy you a drink :-)

thanks again

kisses

June 22nd, 2011, 14:28
My favourite thing in Phuket was to hire a good new sports scooter and ride it everywhere. One day I rode right up past Phang na Bay on the mainland it ws an experience I will never forget, took me about 7 hours return, long way on a scooter but worth it.

I got my scooters from a place almost directly opposite the soi that connect guest house is in. Cross Rath U Thit Rd Kathu road, turn left walk 15 metres to the small lane, turn left, scooters everywhere.

I had no problem with these people, the bikes were fantastic, the one I hired was a 125cc sports scooter, it cruised on 90ks easy, it was only about 400 baht a day.

Simon

June 22nd, 2011, 15:24

Not for 5 years or so ..... :laughing3:

Cheeky bastard!

:rolling: