PDA

View Full Version : Queries about Thai boys who go to the Army ..........

catawampuscat
May 4th, 2006, 09:25
A boy I fancy and can't stop thinking about, went into the Army last month..As many ex-pats here know, there was a selection for 20/21 year olds early
in April.. This boy was selected and is now in the Army..
What I would like to know is how often and how much free time the boys get from the army.. I have often seen boys working in the bars who are
on leave and need to earn some baht..
Would love to hear from someone with first hand knowledge and/or experience with his bf going into the army...Is it a 2 year stint?, can they have and
use mobile phones?, how long before first leave and how long a leave is it?...Factual info would be greatly appreciated...

May 5th, 2006, 13:10
I have one friend who also had to enter the lottery for the army this year and who unfortunately picked up the black ball, which meant he has to join up for two years. He is not required to go until June or early July, but he then spends three months there (Isan) before having one months leave. As far as I am aware, this is the standard period of service and on his leave he will be back in Pattaya.

catawampuscat
May 5th, 2006, 13:50
thanks for the info.. It answered my questions and the thought of him having a long leave in just a few months has lifted my spirits..
I assume your handle describes you to some extent and it would have been appropriate for me as well a few months ago..Very frequently,
the Thai boys would poke my extended stomach and ask me if I had a baby inside..At my heaviest, some dared to say two babies..
The reason for me going into this fat business is that I found a drug which helped me lose more than ten percentage of my weight and reduce
my waist by about 4 inches, neck by about 2 " .. This has happened in the last three months and I am nearing my goal and see it hapening within the
next two months.. If being fatman is fine with you with then just ignore the rest of this but if you would like a possbile way of reducing, here goes.....

The drug is Sibutramine Hydrochloride Monohydrate capsules 15 mg..( do a goggle search) It is available in the USA and probably Europe by prescription but here in Thailand, the generics seem to come from India and are inexpensive and available over the counter.. The one I use is called Reduce-15 and comes in packs of 10 capsules, for a cost of 200B to 300B, depending on drugstore.. After the first month or so, the pharmacist suggested I take one pill every other day and it is just as effective.. Some people get headaches and others with high blood pressure or others conditions need to check with doctor first..
The drug works on the appetite control center for some people and I feel satiated often half way thru a meal and stop eating as I am no longer hungry..
I have increased my physical activities but mostly just more walking..If one exercises , it quickens the process.. I was highly motivated but very frustrated as my attempts failed and I kept gaining weight until I started with these pills.. I hated Xenical, which is much more expensive and the low carbs diets made me miserable as well...I also find eating lots of Thai food very helpful and the best thing is the cravings are almost completely gone and can be
satisfied with a piece of fruit or a small yogurt... There are side effects to any drug and all drugs do not work the same for all people!!!

May 5th, 2006, 18:39
Thanks Catwampuscat, my monika does describe my size, a little on the large size. I have been offered many drugs in Thailand (and take as no insult when Thais rub my belly and say 'you have baby' or what sounds like 'pumpoloi' - which may translate as fat belly or worse!) and thought nothing would work - but your recommendation is interesting as I am finding I am putting on more weight the longer I spend in Thailand.

I may just check it out - thanks.

ps. I hope you get to see your fave boy again soon :cheers:

Aunty
May 5th, 2006, 19:39
You know I donтАЩt want to sound like an old grandma but here is some important, comprehensive and reliable information about sibutramine. Please do not take this drug unless you are under medical supervision. In rare cases it has caused heart attacks and death. It was taken off the market in Italy for a time for this reason while its safety was re-evaluated. It is no magic bullet for weight loss, but does work well for some people. For others the effects are more modest. It works by making you feel more satisfied (less hungry) with the food you eat, resulting in an overall reduction in the amount of food eaten. It works best as part of a diet and exercise programme.

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/CMI/r/reductil.htm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3485073a11,00.html

http://www.fda.gov/counterfeit/

Aunty
May 6th, 2006, 10:02
Well let me tell u, I see him at least every 2 weeks because he is in the Barracks in Bangkok so he can have the weekends off, when its not to busy with elections.

So when you meet, do you fuck like rabbits? Inquiring minds want to know.

May 6th, 2006, 13:14
.... have spoilt the boy for 5 years, even when I ENTERED him in the Mr. Pattaya contest in ....

Wow LMTU, I didn't know they did penetration shows in the Mr Pattaya contest, good onya! :geek:

Actually, I love your post here and I am really happy that you have both found each other and can continue to spend time together.

Smiles
June 6th, 2007, 21:47
This is a year old thread which was referred to in a very recent topic . . . which I foolishly clicked on, but which in fact had a couple of interesting comments ~ now a year old ~ regarding weight loss and the imbibing of a rather esoteric and unknown (?) drug.

Those comments regarding that weight loss drug ( Sibutramine Hydrochloride Monohydrate ) were originally made by Catwampuscat in a post above. I'm curious as to how that went after this long period of time.

There are a few warnings from other posters in this thread regarding the 'problems' with this drug (the most dramatic being that it had been pulled from some markets due to quite dangerous side-affects). Catwampuscat is obviously still with us (and as feisty, a year on), so I am wondering whether he is still on it? ... whether it did it's job and he has stopped it? ... whether any of the side affects noted were experienced? ... whether the weight stayed off? ... etc etc etc.

I'm usually extremely sceptical about so-called weight loss drugs of any kind, but I am making absolutely no judgements here on this long-lost thread. Just quite curious about what has happened with it over this long time span.

Cheers ...

catawampuscat
June 6th, 2007, 23:50
sure , smiles, mai pen rai.
The drug did work wonders and I eventually lost around 20 kilos. It works by helping to control
the appetite and one feels sated sooner and ends up eating less.
After 3 or 4 months, the effects of the drug were minimal and I stopped using it.

I did regain some of the weight and added back 4 or 5 kilos and of course my appetite is back. My goal
is now to maintain my weight and walk more and avoid the potato chips, cookies, pastries, buffets etc.

Many friends tried this drug and none of them had any success .
I was very motivated and frustrated and the drug helped kick start my weight loss.
There is no magic pill that I know of but this one was useful for me. No side effects for me.

I did take a full physical exam at BKK-Pattaya Hospital during the King's Birthday promotion and can report that
my tests showed normal blood pressure, cholesterol normal and all the rest was all good news.
I was overweight but the high end of normal was around 80-82 kilos for my height...
:cat: :cat:

catawampuscat
June 7th, 2007, 00:00
I also thought it might be of interest to some, what happened to the boy who went into the Army.
It seems that he was not drafted but actually volunteered as he believed he would be paid well and
have other benefits. It seems he misunderstood them and seems to have taken leaves to earn some baht
but he said he was afraid of going to the South. Since we have language difficulties and he has some problems with
telling the truth, I am not even sure he ever went to the army and have given up trying to figure it all out.

I saw him recently and asked about the army but his answer was basically a shrug and via translators
the story still doesn't make a lot of sense and the whole adventure might have been a lie or true. who knows? :cat:

June 7th, 2007, 02:30
[quote="Fatman41"]Thanks Catwampuscat, my monika does describe my size, a little on the large size. I have been offered many drugs in Thailand (and take as no insult when Thais rub my belly and say 'you have baby' or what sounds like 'pumpoloi' - which may translate as fat belly or worse!)

Can anyone tell me the word for fat in Thai that sounds like pooey or something similiar. I would like to know the correct spelling if possible. Thanks in advance

Smiles
June 7th, 2007, 02:56
" ... Can anyone tell me the word for fat in Thai that sounds like pooey or something similiar. I would like to know the correct spelling if possible. Thanks in advance ... "

http://www.thai2english.com/search/fat+

Cheers ...

June 7th, 2007, 05:35
Thanks Catwampuscat, my monika does describe my size, a little on the large size. I have been offered many drugs in Thailand (and take as no insult when Thais rub my belly and say 'you have baby' or what sounds like 'pumpoloi' - which may translate as fat belly or worse!)

Can anyone tell me the word for fat in Thai that sounds like pooey or something similiar. I would like to know the correct spelling if possible. Thanks in advance

The correct terms in English are,

Pum Pooey/Puu- wee, to describe someone more than generously overweight, and oo-wan [ uwan] to describe someone who is fat.

There really is difficulty in spelling in the UK language, unless you read Thai, then the English translation makes a lot more sense.

That's about as near as I can get for you.