PDA

View Full Version : Bars closed June 26th and July 3rd?

June 18th, 2011, 17:22
I have been informed that places serving any alcoholic drinks must be closed June 26th and July 3rd and with that we asked if we could stay open and serve just soft drinks? The answer was a very stern "you will have to PROVE" that you are not serving anyone any alcoholic drinks. As usual here in Thailand it is not a case of Innocent until proven guilty but GUILTY until proven innocent. It is not worth the few thousand baht that can be made to pay the ****** to leave us alone. So, unless the information gets changed........... stock up on your beer, booze and boys and have a day lie in so to speak!

June 18th, 2011, 19:40
I can guarantee that in a few bars In Sunee "known customers" will be drinking as normal - either brazenly or even if it means booze in teacups.

Example - I distinctly remember sitting in a Sunee host bar a few years ago, drinking whisky from a teacup on one of these "closed" days and I looked across the Soi and spotted kquill at another bar :rolling:

He didn't even have a teacup!!
He was drinking straight from the bottle!!
But that was OK because 2 motorcycle cops were in the same bar doing likewise!!

That's the way it's always been, and very little changes.

:sign5:

anonone
June 18th, 2011, 20:11
Hi Neal.
Thanks for the update. Going to have to find something else to do on the 3rd...hmmmm...

Any word on July 2? I believe some earlier posts indicated no sales after 6PM.

June 19th, 2011, 01:05
Well as usual, things get confusing all the time.
Our lawyers now have advised us that as long as we put all liquer and beer in LOCKED cabinets where they can't be easily reached and sold, that we can stay open selling soft drinks.

The law as he quotes it says that you cannot sell anything alcoholic and WAIT FOR THIS, NO PARTIES.
As we wont sell anything alcoholic and we are not "having a party", he feels that we are safe. Our lawyer will also be in front of the bar, should there be any police activity. At this point I have changed my mind and will be open all days.

June 19th, 2011, 01:13
What is the BIB definition of a "party" though? :dontknow: :dontknow:

If they really want to make a point they'll just arrest the lawyer as well.

I'm dusting down my teacup.

:rolling:

anonone
June 19th, 2011, 01:20
Well as usual, things get confusing all the time.
Our lawyers now have advised us that as long as we put all liquer and beer in LOCKED cabinets where they can't be easily reached and sold, that we can stay open selling soft drinks.

The law as he quotes it says that you cannot sell anything alcoholic and WAIT FOR THIS, NO PARTIES.
As we wont sell anything alcoholic and we are not "having a party", he feels that we are safe. Our lawyer will also be in front of the bar, should there be any police activity. At this point I have changed my mind and will be open all days.

Thanks Neal. That is great news. I get into Pattaya on the 2nd, so was really hoping for some options during the first couple of days.
Count on my stopping in for a coca-cola :thumbleft: might even have 2
I promise not to "party" too much. :bounce:

June 19th, 2011, 01:22
That is a good point. They usually dont screw with the lawyers too much. If the lawyer and police disagree, they are usually able to let the place close with no confrontation or fine and chalk it up to a miscomunication. As long as you are showing a willingness to comply.

arsenal
June 19th, 2011, 10:06
Whatever the occasion, X-Boys in Pattayaland is always open all night.

June 19th, 2011, 10:25
I can guarantee that in a few bars In Sunee "known customers" will be drinking as normal - either brazenly or even if it means booze in teacups.

Example - I distinctly remember sitting in a Sunee host bar a few years ago, drinking whisky from a teacup on one of these "closed" days and I looked across the Soi and spotted kquill at another bar :rolling:

He didn't even have a teacup!!
He was drinking straight from the bottle!!
But that was OK because 2 motorcycle cops were in the same bar doing likewise!!

That's the way it's always been, and very little changes.

:sign5:

Well,

What can I say................................ :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

June 19th, 2011, 18:02
Whatever the occasion, X-Boys in Pattayaland is always open all night.
I would tend to disagree. What about big Buddist holidays?