PDA

View Full Version : Change of hotel in Laos

June 17th, 2011, 07:59
Hi,

I have been on GR recently speaking with a lot of Laos guys and when I told them the hotel I had checked in with a fabulous location, they told me I was completely in the wrong hotel and the owner was a terrible anti gay person.

I don't want any pomp or ceremony but I certainly don't want dirty looks or anti gay behaviour.

I immediately changed and cancelled the booking to another hotel with great reviews on trip advisor. The Laos guys listed about five or six preferable hotels.

They even said for me to go and see myself when I got there.

I won't mention the name as it would be trashing a reputation based on heresay, but I will check it and get back on the board if it turns out to be true with the report that I promised.

Roll on mid July.

a447
June 20th, 2011, 20:59
I would be most interested in the hotels the GR guys recommended, as I have been looking for over a month now, and am a little confused . One guy on GR did recommend a place (a guesthouse, I think) but when I checked it on the web it got horrible reviews - unfriendly staff, paper thin walls, run-down, etc. It was near the GQ bar. Could you please let me know the names of the hotels they mentioned? PM is ok.
I'll be travelling to Vientiane from BKK on July 13.
Thanks.

yaraboy
June 21st, 2011, 09:49
Beau Rivage?.................I do not like it because of a no guest policy and an unpleasant owner. Whether he is anti gay I do not know

stevehadders
June 21st, 2011, 13:12
Anyone know about lao Orchid Hotel - it was recommended to me by a guy from GR - the reviews are good on Trip Advisor, and he claims its gay friendly and joiners no problem....... anyone stayed here?

yaraboy
June 21st, 2011, 22:26
yes I really like it.good location. get a room at back if you want quieter. no problem with guests. Nice breakfast overlooking street.

June 23rd, 2011, 04:31
Beau Rivage?.................I do not like it because of a no guest policy and an unpleasant owner. Whether he is anti gay I do not know

OK yaraboy,

You got it, I have cancelled already, based on the Laos boys words.I won't say what these boys said about the owner.

They said that Lao Orchid, Chanthapanya, Inter city (for budget travellers ) and they mentioned Salana boutique Hotel, supposedly outstanding!

I actually looked at some on trip advisor very recently offeing three star at ┬г7 per night with good reviews on tripadvisor!.....however, I won't be risking them.

lexusgs
June 25th, 2011, 19:10
Hi Kevin,

Did you finally get a good deal on your flight?

June 26th, 2011, 18:00
Hi Kevin,

Did you finally get a good deal on your flight?

I did indeed Thank you.

jinks
June 27th, 2011, 00:20
Bon Voyage.

stevehadders
June 27th, 2011, 14:43
Look forward to hearing your reflections and updates on Laos and Cambodia - Have a great trip!

June 27th, 2011, 16:51
Look forward to hearing your reflections and updates on Laos and Cambodia - Have a great trip!

Hi,

They will be ongoing updates as I am taking my laptop along with me.