PDA

View Full Version : 185 Rajadamri Apartments in Bangkok.... V sexy

Beachlover
June 13th, 2011, 22:24
Check out these new apartments being built on Rajadamri Rd, around halfway between Silom and Siam Square. Freehold, stunning design and perfect location тАУ high rise overlooking Lumpini Park and the Royal Bangkok Sports Club.

Apparently pricing for some units exceeds 300k baht per square metre so the 3-bedder shown below could well be in the 60 million baht (USD$1.9 million) region.

Some v sexy pads...

1-bedroom тАУ 360 degree virtual tour: http://www.185rajadamri.com/360degree/1bed.html

2-bedroom тАУ 360 degree virtual tour: http://www.185rajadamri.com/360degree/3beds.html

http://www.185rajadamri.com

Fly through:

[youtube:38bn0fu7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoqU5cJhI1A[/youtube:38bn0fu7]

June 13th, 2011, 22:29
They do look very nice, but there is an unwritten rule when buying property in Thailand. "Don't do it until you see the finished project".

June 13th, 2011, 22:36
They do look very nice, but there is an unwritten rule when buying property in Thailand. "Don't do it until you see the finished project".

Ocean 1????? was that what it was called??

June 13th, 2011, 22:37
Beachy, which one did you buy?

June 13th, 2011, 22:42
Beachy, which one did you buy?

If it was 60 BILLION he probably bought the lot, did he mean 60 million?

Beachlover
June 13th, 2011, 22:44
Totally agree. These guys (Raimon) look like high-end developer, are a publicly listed company and apparently have a solid track record of completing buildings. So I wonder those of you who are more experienced living in Thailand would consider them being an exception to that rule of thumb.

Apparently they sold a large number of units off the plan last year and construction is well underway. Some say this is arguably the most valuable plot of land in the country.

Kquill... Thanks for the catch. Apparently that building you mention isn't allowed to be mentioned around here. Naughty naughty. :blackeye:

June 13th, 2011, 22:52
Totally agree. These guys (Raimon) look like high-end developer, are a publicly listed company and apparently have a solid track record of completing buildings. So I wonder those of you who are more experienced living in Thailand would consider them being an exception to that rule of thumb.
Apparently they sold a large number of units off the plan last year and construction is well underway. Some say this is arguably the most valuable plot of land in the country.

Maybe so, but 'anything' can happen in Thailand especially over the next few years or so. If one has that kind of money to spend then there are certainly a lot of finished high-end places to check out before making a decision. And don't forget 'alanthebuilder' :occasion9:

jinks
June 13th, 2011, 22:59
Kquill... Thanks for the catch. Apparently that building you mention isn't allowed to be mentioned around here. Naughty naughty. :blackeye:

That embargo was lifted several months ago, Smiles might have some new photos, or at least re post the 4 year old ones.

lexusgs
June 13th, 2011, 23:43

Beachbore, they cancelled a project called Southshore 6 months ago(in your favourite place) took lots of deposits. Careful what you google now. :rolling:

cameroncat
June 14th, 2011, 02:44
With these prices, just who exactly are they targeting? Nobody I know! Ask anyone that's owned a condo (including myself) if they would ever buy another... The answer will usually be NO. I think renting is the only way to go in Thailand. If the condo starts to go downhill or the political situation gets bad, you're outta there! :headbang:

June 14th, 2011, 03:31
With these prices, just who exactly are they targeting? Nobody I know! Ask anyone that's owned a condo (including myself) if they would ever buy another... The answer will usually be NO. I think renting is the only way to go in Thailand. If the condo starts to go downhill or the political situation gets bad, you're outta there! :headbang:

Well said and very accurate!

As soon as all the apartments are sold, the management company usually after about 12-18 months starts to make ' savings ' and the guys who bought are the ones who suffer.

Smiles
June 14th, 2011, 04:00
" ... That embargo was lifted several months ago, Smiles might have some new photos, or at least re post the 4 year old ones ... "
Walked passed the empty lot (cum cement factory) last January jinks. No point in taking pictures because nothing has changed from the two-year old photos (not four) I took and posted here.
If you lived in anywhere but your little dream world you could have taken 10 minutes and walked over from Jomtien Complex where you were recently staying and seen for yourself. But you don't want to do that do you?
The truth (which seems to hurt) is that Ocean One is still nothing but a dust pit surrounded by an ugly, falling-down tin fence.

I've heard the property now has a new owner. Perhaps the reason for lifting the 'embargo': no longer your little conflict of interest?

maisoui
June 14th, 2011, 04:37
Wasn't Ratchadamri a good spot for inhaling burning tyres last year? Put capital into Thailand? :rolling:

June 14th, 2011, 06:32

Wasn't Ratchadamri a good spot for inhaling burning tyres last year? Put capital into Thailand? :rolling:

Ratchadamri was one of the main roads taken over by the red shirts. It is also the road where the Thai Army started its assault on May 19th 2010 to clear them out. Anyone buying in that area must be aware that the same thing could happen again. Last year residents were unable to live in their condos for about 6 weeks because of the noise and the aggravation of getting to and from their homes. It was a nightmare.

Then think of the neighbours. At those prices only the very wealthy and hi-so will be living there and security will be tight. Do you really want to live in a place that will question all your visitors about why and who they are seeing? Even going in with a respectably dressed 'Off' from Soi Twilight or a casual trick from gay Romeo would be difficult.

Beachlover
June 15th, 2011, 20:18
Yeah, I read this plot was their toilet/shower area! The same risk applies to any apartment in Central Bangkok anyway.

Then think of the neighbours. At those prices only the very wealthy and hi-so will be living there and security will be tight. Do you really want to live in a place that will question all your visitors about why and who they are seeing? Even going in with a respectably dressed 'Off' from Soi Twilight or a casual trick from gay Romeo would be difficult.
Why would it be difficult to get guests in? It's your home, not a hotel. If I could afford to live there I wouldn't let that put me off.

It'll be wealthy Thais and well off expats.

I totally agree about renting and avoiding attachment. I think the only time you would put money into something like this would be if you had a deeper reason to live there (e.g. family) or if you had a chunk of money you're prepared to lose if it hits the fan...

As soon as all the apartments are sold, the management company usually after about 12-18 months starts to make ' savings ' and the guys who bought are the ones who suffer.
I'm fighting a similar problem in Australia! It's a pitfall buying off the plan anywhere. Some developers install a building manager on a contract (can't get rid of them until term of contract is over) or stick their own building management arm in there. Some developers hold onto a large number of units for a time after completion, which means they have control of the Owners Corporation. So many loopholes and ways to screw people over in that industry...

And don't forget 'alanthebuilder'
Oi, Alan! Cover up your crack and bung me up one of those will you! :rolling: