PDA

View Full Version : Cambodia- former sunnee bar guy gets 8 years jail.

June 12th, 2011, 17:19
Hi,

I have jus been reading that Sven, the Danish guy former owner of 7 bar I think it was in Sunnee Plaza, Pattaya, has been given 8 years for procuring his male staff of between 15 and 19 years old for prostitution at his guesthose in Siem Reap.

From what I can gather, Cambodia has very ambiguous laws on prostitution and people who are considered minors are younger than 15.

The press, whether it is to be believed is another matter, states he was also taking a ' cut ' of the money the boys received. His accomplice a 21 year od Cambodian was given five years.

I don't have any views but it seems heavy on the surface of it for the normal goings on I am led to believe takes place in Cambodia.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/cambodia.htm

stevehadders
June 12th, 2011, 22:17
My understanding is that Cambodia is very anxious to "clear up" their image and they do not wish to have prostitution as rife as in Thailand - you could argue they have a job on their hands.. However, whilst prostitution is around, there arent the gogos like in Thailand. The Authorities work v closely with the Western agencies - who are basically given a free reign - unlike in Thailand where such agencies are hampered in many respects by own interest od some bib. They are v sensitive about westerners involved in organising such activities, whether underage (V sensitive) or not

Off subject, I always recall in PP a massage shop - which is secret - and housed above a barbers - never seen advertised , but was taken there by a tuk tuk driver - truly wonderful place!

Having said that..Cambodia is truly amazing..I will go back next April for a week prior to Thailand

June 13th, 2011, 16:37
My understanding is that Cambodia is very anxious to "clear up" their image and they do not wish to have prostitution as rife as in Thailand - you could argue they have a job on their hands.. However, whilst prostitution is around, there arent the gogos like in Thailand. The Authorities work v closely with the Western agencies - who are basically given a free reign - unlike in Thailand where such agencies are hampered in many respects by own interest od some bib. They are v sensitive about westerners involved in organising such activities, whether underage (V sensitive) or not

Off subject, I always recall in PP a massage shop - which is secret - and housed above a barbers - never seen advertised , but was taken there by a tuk tuk driver - truly wonderful place!

Having said that..Cambodia is truly amazing..I will go back next April for a week prior to Thailand

Hi,

Having now read about it in several online newspapers, I believe they really have hammered him and made an example of him to pacify the external forces who have exerted pressure on the local authorities.

I totally agree with all your comments above.

What do you find totally amazing about Cambodia out of curiousity please??

June 13th, 2011, 18:28

Maybe he's a Gary Glitter fan.

:rolling:

thonglor55
June 14th, 2011, 09:35
What do you find totally amazing about Cambodia out of curiousity please??Maybe he's a Gary Glitter fan.That's certainly the inference I made.

June 14th, 2011, 16:18

Maybe he's a Gary Glitter fan.

:rolling:

Hi,

He was slung out of Cambodia and got hmself in big trouble in Vietnam, didn't he??

thonglor55
June 14th, 2011, 17:52
He was slung out of Cambodia and got hmself in big trouble in Vietnam, didn't he??Yes, and we're referring to his predilections.

June 14th, 2011, 19:30
He was slung out of Cambodia and got hmself in big trouble in Vietnam, didn't he??Yes, and we're referring to his predilections.

Yes,

However, we all know that the authorities in most of those Asian Countries, especially Thailand and Cambodia lock these predators up to pacify Western governments.

The actual crime itself, falls way down their list of priorities when it affects the rural poor, and is just used as a means of extortion to get money from the perpetrators, it isn't about the welfare of the poor unfortunate kids!