PDA

View Full Version : bkk air to siem reap

June 11th, 2011, 03:37
IF u dont have a visa before you leave for camboda, what items do you need to obtain one on entry at siem reap , and how long is the wait to get issued with one?

ceejay
June 11th, 2011, 05:28
$20 dollars in US cash and a passport size photo. You'll get a couple of forms - one for entry, one for Customs, to fill in on the plane. Just tick the "nothing to declare" box on the Customs form.
I went in through Phnom Penh and it only took about ten minutes total there, including queuing.

Beachlover
June 11th, 2011, 13:53
If you want to save time waiting and lining up on arrival you can also get your Visa e-mailed to you in advance at: http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

It's USD$25 and you need to upload a JPEG portrait shot of yourself. Doesn't need to be a proper passport photo or anything. Just get any holiday snapshot and crop it so it only shows your head. They'll accept it.

I had my VISA e-mailed to me within 24hrs. Print two copies and slip them in your passport.

June 11th, 2011, 20:42
thanks for info.Do u mean that you just hand in the visa form with photo at the imergration desk or do you need to go to a visa office? This will be my first trip to camboda.

ceejay
June 12th, 2011, 01:16
Like I say, I entered through Phnom Penh rather than Siem Reap, but there the visa was issued at the immigration desk. There was no need to go to a separate visa office.

June 12th, 2011, 17:42
I had no visa and was told by my travel agent not to worry there was a photo booth in the customs/ visa hall on arrival and I could sort it all on landing, I got there and of course there was no photo booth machine, so I stood having a thinking and within 20 seconds a visa immigration office in full and fancy uniform came up, I started to explain what I thought was my predicament to which he said "$20 fee" he then went behind a counter, shuffled a few bits of paper ( and I mean shuffled I was watching and he didn't actually "do" anything) then stamped my visa and away I went, I wasn't so cheeky to stop to see where the 20 dollars went but I'm guessing it never made it anywhere near the till :-) Oh and there were a queue of people standing behind me all waiting for the same "service" so I don't think it was a one off thing - also don't forget ( as I nearly did) the(I think) $15 cash you need to pay to LEAVE the country as well !

June 12th, 2011, 18:11
I had no visa and was told by my travel agent not to worry there was a photo booth in the customs/ visa hall on arrival and I could sort it all on landing, I got there and of course there was no photo booth machine, so I stood having a thinking and within 20 seconds a visa immigration office in full and fancy uniform came up, I started to explain what I thought was my predicament to which he said "$20 fee" he then went behind a counter, shuffled a few bits of paper ( and I mean shuffled I was watching and he didn't actually "do" anything) then stamped my visa and away I went, I wasn't so cheeky to stop to see where the 20 dollars went but I'm guessing it never made it anywhere near the till :-) Oh and there were a queue of people standing behind me all waiting for the same "service" so I don't think it was a one off thing - also don't forget ( as I nearly did) the(I think) $15 cash you need to pay to LEAVE the country as well !

Ha,

I hope you wouldn't have waited for any change if you had given him a $50!! ..........a double edged sword with those guys!