PDA

View Full Version : French Chef badly beaten tonight.

Jetsam
May 4th, 2006, 03:39
Is that the same guy who had a restaurant in Sunee Plaza some years ago , and now in the same soi as Flamingo hotel? if so, it's a shame that he's beaten up because I had some very good food from either place. if it's not him it's still a shame :sad10:

bucknaway
May 4th, 2006, 04:19
With all the killings and attacks going on in Pattaya lately, is this an upswing in violent crime in Pattaya? When I was last there, I only felt unsafe when I was lurking on the beach in the wee hours, in the dark, behind the tree, away from the lights...

Now I think I will a little more protective of myself in the day and in the night.

May 4th, 2006, 05:35
I wish I could make sense of your lasst post LMTU but from your first post

for what i do not know he is not even gay

I'm wondering whether you think gays should be attacked or are simply more likely to be?

bkkguy
May 4th, 2006, 13:26
same as if you leave your wallet for a boy to rob as a very dear friend of mine did recently, its not the boys fault it is your fault, because you put temptation in his way.....

I don't remember the laws in Thailand - or anywhere else - being based on that concept

bkkguy

Aunty
May 4th, 2006, 21:04
Stealing is wrong, and if a Thai boy steals your wallet, that's his fault and his responsibility. The boy has chosen to do a bad thing, and he and everybody else knows it.

May 5th, 2006, 04:51
If you are a regular to Pattaya and the Gay restaurant scene you will know Andy the french Chef who prepares some of the cheapest and the best sauces and food in Pattaya, day & night area.
The poor man was walking down the ally at the side of his restaurant and he was badly bottle beaten by youths

[deleted-E.S.]

travelerjim
May 5th, 2006, 09:11
Dear Sawatdee Friends,

My thoughts, good wishes and prayers are with Andy's full recovery from his beating; and that on this board, in the future, we can more seriously consider the consequences and dangers of crime which are prevalent in Pattaya today.

As we move about from place to place in Pattaya, Andy's plight reminds us to be more careful and watchful - especially at night on the side sois and covered walkways connecting sois.

TravelerJim

Smiles
May 5th, 2006, 11:47
Miss Sybil,

What a disgusting posting you have made!

Chill Jim, the so-called "Lady" Sybill writes nothing but disgusting posts on this Board. It is her singular and shallow forte and only discernable personality trait demonstrated on the Board, and we should all expect nothing more in the future.

The only antidote is the IGNORE button (located at the bottom of her posts) or ~ for the fascinated ~ a handy copy of any good school's Psych 101 text book for reference.

Cheers ...

May 5th, 2006, 17:23
I've eaten at both places mentioned here. Both hosts\owners have been gracious and helpful and don't deserve to be beaten--No one deserves to be beaten. If it were you, would you be so flippant?

Caution: I used to cut across that slip, next to Au Beurre, alone after dark but after meeting up with a few too many dodgy characters there, haven't done for years; nor do I cut through the fish market after closing and am careful of the side soi: where the Vietnamese restaurant is and the old, closed...I think it was a...market (Where I've seen boys who seemed to be lurking and others sniffing glue). I hate to have to kick arse; it wrinkles le costume.

Surfcrest
May 5th, 2006, 20:02
Its also quite safe on the beach at night, as your never alone and the Thai lady boys are playing volly ball all night when there not cruising the beach or Buddah mountain at night.

I've had a place on Jomtien Beach for 3 years now, do the night walk quite often and I've never seen this night vollyball that you're talking about. I've only see young straight couples on the mountain. Are you quite certain about your information?
I seem to recall a European beaten up at night on the beach a few months back, a story that appeared on a thread here.

Surfcrest

May 5th, 2006, 20:22
if you go flaunting your jewels etc and put temptaion in the way of a very poor person..it's not as though there are social security benefits in Thailand.

Wrong yes, but if you put your head in the tiger's mouth don't complain when he bites it off !

and walking down a dark alley is asking for it, despite our chef being a very lovely and talentd man..but everyone slips up now and then.

And that is why I always wear very cheap and gaudy baubles and leave my diamonds at home.

One tip is to always keep in mind the actions of the very famous and talented British jazz musician George Melly
( famous for including in his memoirs his exploits in buggering a couple of now very famous politicians whilst at Eton).
Confonted by a group of young muggers in a Soho alley he stood his ground and began to intone in a deep voice some Dadaist poetry..they fled in terror.

However I intend to wait around a few dark spots in the hope of acosting Boygeorge who needs a good seeing to.

American Teacher-old
May 6th, 2006, 03:13
** deleted by poster **

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** See our online store for cash transfers! **

May 6th, 2006, 03:22
This post is beyond being caddyAre we still on for golf this weekend, Chris?

American Teacher-old
May 6th, 2006, 03:38
** deleted by poster **

** Visit our online store and send you Boy Special something special! **

American Teacher-old
May 6th, 2006, 18:07
Yes sir. Just follow the directions online. It is very simple.

Thanks for your support...

-Chris

http://www.niddysnook.com/shop.html

catawampuscat
May 6th, 2006, 18:09
My sources have told me that the attack was not in the alley along the restaurant but elsewhere.. It doesn't make a lot of difference but
maybe someone can clarify where the attack actually happened...
The attack on American Teacher is so tacky that I think it merits banning.. I think it violates the posting rules and Miss Thorpe is a vile
creature and should stay under a rock and not be tolerated on this forum....Don't know how I missed ignoring It but will now...

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2006, 05:10
I suggest that a few other posts could now be edited by the posters , to remove all reference

and quotes.

American Teacher-old
May 7th, 2006, 08:25
at NIDDYS CROOK.

I know your memory isn't what it used to be, but at least try to get the name spelled right when you insult me...

NIDDY'S NOOK

Thanks,
Chris

** Free Wireless Internet & Designer Cocktails! **

Aunty
May 7th, 2006, 09:11
at NIDDYS CROOK.

I know your memory isn't what it used to be, but at least try to get the name spelled right when you insult me...

NIDDY'S NOOK

Thanks,
Chris

** Free Wireless Internet & Designer Cocktails! **

Lol. A crook in this part of the world has two meanings. If you say I'm crook, he's crook, we went to Mr Sydney's barbie and now we're all crook as dogs, it means feeling/being unwell, ill, firing mightily from all orifices. However, if you call somebody a crook that means something else altogether. A crook in that context means a con-man, thief, embezzler, swindler.

He's having a laugh at your expense dude by making a play on words, but hey would you expect anything else!

American Teacher-old
May 7th, 2006, 09:58
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson Aunty. However, I much more prefer this definition:

Crook: Pronunciation Key (krk), George. 1829-1890.
American general who defeated the Sioux (1876) and subdued the Chiricahua Apaches under Geronimo (1883).

I also think it describes my relationship with the more seedier members of this board. Like the honorable George Crook, I will continue to stand my ground and not be bullied by the likes of these ancient, inebriated imbeciles.

** Tastiest cheeseburger in Pattaya! **

May 12th, 2006, 11:35
DELETED

American Teacher-old
May 12th, 2006, 11:39
I certainly agree, John. An ounce of precaution goes a long way.

-Chris

catawampuscat
May 16th, 2006, 11:39
I have been meaning to get back to this thread in order to correct our "scoop" reporter's gaffe...
Andy, married by the way to the cook/chef, was not mugged/attacked in the alley along his restaurant.. He was attacked
near Yensaibai Condos on Soi Yensaibai... Stop by the restaurant and ask him if you are in doubt...

It seems trivial, by the "scoop" eyewitness account of the fire recently was actually watched by our star reporter on TV, but
isn't it more interesting to say you saw the building burnt down than merely saw it on TV..You can't believe everything your read
especially on forums.... :cat:

May 16th, 2006, 12:43
I have been meaning to get back to this thread in order to correct our "scoop" reporter's gaffe...
Andy, married by the way to the cook/chef, was not mugged/attacked in the alley along his restaurant.. He was attacked
near Yensaibai Condos on Soi Yensaibai... Stop by the restaurant and ask him if you are in doubt...

It seems trivial, by the "scoop" eyewitness account of the fire recently was actually watched by our star reporter on TV, but
isn't it more interesting to say you saw the building burnt down than merely saw it on TV..You can't believe everything your read
especially on forums.... :cat:

Anything the Village Idiot reports should be taken with a pinch of salt.

As LMTU reported that he saw the building burning to the ground as he 'drove past', do we should assume that he was playing in his Noddy Car and driving around in front of the television in his condo?