PDA

View Full Version : Psychological issues

June 4th, 2011, 20:16
I was having a look through Thaivisa.com's 'Gay people in Thailand' forum when I came across this pearl from an old friend of the Sawatdee board "Ijustwannateach" who has managed to persuade someone at Thaivisa that he should be a moderator!

I'm afraid that, of those foreign gay men that I know in the 'early middle aged bracket' (30-45yo or so) who are long-term residents in Thailand, too many have psychological issues that have put me off friendship with them ultimately. The most common issue is habitual engagement with prostitution, followed by various addictions, other irresponsibilities towards health or career or financial issues, or simply poor and/or antisocial behaviour towards me or others. Possibly these are similar issues among long term straight expats, too but it makes it really, really hard to find good foreign gay male company close to my age. It's much easier to find older foreign expat men who are good company, though their group has a number of the same issues.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/471918-younger-gay-ferangs/

Who could he be referring to? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Thai Dyed
June 4th, 2011, 21:14
OMG! I remember that fucking asshole. Let's hope he stays over at Thai Visa. I think he has a permanent room at the Atlanta Hotel, that "bastion of wholesomeness".

Just imagine, "habitual engagement with prostitution." Tsk-tsk

cdnmatt
June 4th, 2011, 23:27
Sounds like he's the one with problems. Live and let live...

June 5th, 2011, 00:02

Live and let live hey? I don't think he is the only one with problems, and think your ones are a hell of a lot bigger hypocrite. :violent1:

George.

Brad the Impala
June 5th, 2011, 01:11

Live and let live hey? I don't think he is the only one with problems, and think your ones are a hell of a lot bigger hypocrite. :violent1:

George.

Failed bar owners have such insights and sensitivity.

June 5th, 2011, 01:45

George.

Hi Brad, I was going to say that you shouldn't involve yourself by writing about things you know nothing about; that was until I realised that if you did that, it would prevent you from ever being able to make any more posts. :laughing3:

Hope that you are having a nice weekend Brad, I have missed you. :love4:

Cheers,

George.

Brad the Impala
June 5th, 2011, 03:42

Hi Brad,

Recognized the description then..........................

mj_87-old
June 5th, 2011, 06:35
I was having a look through Thaivisa.com's 'Gay people in Thailand' forum when I came across this pearl from an old friend of the Sawatdee board "Ijustwannateach" who has managed to persuade someone at Thaivisa that he should be a moderator!

I'm afraid that, of those foreign gay men that I know in the 'early middle aged bracket' (30-45yo or so) who are long-term residents in Thailand, too many have psychological issues that have put me off friendship with them ultimately. The most common issue is habitual engagement with prostitution, followed by various addictions, other irresponsibilities towards health or career or financial issues, or simply poor and/or antisocial behaviour towards me or others. Possibly these are similar issues among long term straight expats, too but it makes it really, really hard to find good foreign gay male company close to my age. It's much easier to find older foreign expat men who are good company, though their group has a number of the same issues.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/471918-younger-gay-ferangs/

Who could he be referring to? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
That description sounds like most of my friends. I wonder if people have reason to have a poor and antisocial behaviour towards the poster?

thonglor55
June 5th, 2011, 08:59
I wonder if people have reason to have a poor and antisocial behaviour towards the poster?I wondered if the poster had looked in the mirror.

Beachlover
June 7th, 2011, 21:11
I don't care about the what this guy is saying but Thailand does have a lot of nut case farangs who are too far gone to be able to interact normally with mainstream society. I'm sure there are plenty who live perfectly respectable lives though...

George.Failed bar owners have such insights and sensitivity.
Did George used to own a bar? I didn't know that.

June 7th, 2011, 21:29
I don't care about the what this guy is saying but Thailand does have a lot of nut case farangs who are too far gone to be able to interact normally with mainstream society. I'm sure there are plenty who live perfectly respectable lives though...

George.Failed bar owners have such insights and sensitivity.
Did George used to own a bar? I didn't know that.

Yes I did BL, and contrary to what Brad the Liar says, a very successful one; ask those that visited.

I pulled out of it for personal reasons, and ones that less than an handful of people know. By the way, just for the record, Brad the Liar is not one of them.

Cheers,

George.

thonglor55
June 8th, 2011, 09:27
Thailand does have a lot of nut case farangs who are too far gone to be able to interact normally with mainstream society.combat (again)?

June 8th, 2011, 13:40
i will iube moving to thailand soon ,and will be making myself happy with running happy dancing bars

June 8th, 2011, 14:03
there is st ome sort of conspiracy happening against me and i will have to work harder maybe 24 houes without sleeping to achieve the goals of making sunee a tourist attraction.

netrix
June 8th, 2011, 16:45
at least tony's last 2 posts are on topic. (psychological issues)

June 8th, 2011, 17:08
at least tony's last 2 posts are on topic. (psychological issues)

Does that include "Who Da Boss"? :rolling:

June 8th, 2011, 18:01
of course many farangs in pattaya are on some kind of disability benefit from their govt.

depression happens in pattaya too
anxiety etc

June 8th, 2011, 18:57
OK OK ALREADY!!! I admit it.... I have psychological issues!!!
:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

Beachlover
June 9th, 2011, 00:47
Yes I did BL... a very successful one; ask those that visited.

I pulled out of it for personal reasons, and ones that less than an handful of people know.
Fair enough... Do you think you'll be back in Thailand?

June 9th, 2011, 01:49
Fair enough... Do you think you'll be back in Thailand?

For sure I will, but I will definitely not be opening any more bars. :laughing3:

Good to see you back around Beachy.

Cheers,

George.