PDA

View Full Version : It's a man's world

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 13:28
One of the things I value about living in Thailand - it's a man's world as an article in today's Bangkok Post (http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/240128/progressive-society-leaves-women-behind) makes clear:
... the voters who will benefit are still men more than women.

Why?

It is because even though Thai women are fully participating in the economy, they still face legal and cultural constraints that prevent them from equally benefiting from state policies and services, handouts or not. For example, many benefits make it clear that only household heads need apply. Household heads mean men - if not blatantly spelled out in the regulations, then in practice. When women apply, they are made to go through dizzying paperwork, and are often rejected.

June 2nd, 2011, 13:32
I like some of your posts Thonglor,especially the Bangkok ones because i love Bangkok but are you not concerned Lonely Wombat will be angry if you go over the 7 posts a day limit?

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 13:34
I like some of your posts Thonglor,especially the Bangkok ones because i love Bangkok but are you not concerned Lonely Wombat will be angry if you go over the 7 posts a day limit?Rules intended for the little people don't apply to me, Tony.

June 2nd, 2011, 13:37
I know,because you are a strong man,are you a big man,I like big men.