PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment licenses Thailand

farang9
June 1st, 2011, 14:57
Can anyone advise if it is necessary to have a entertainment license if you show music videos in a bar - not Karaoke type videos, but live concerts or music video clips. Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer.

June 1st, 2011, 15:10
Why are you asking us old Queens isnt obvious dearie poodie we just dont care.LMAO Troll????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????/

June 1st, 2011, 15:22
Can anyone advise if it is necessary to have a entertainment license if you show music videos in a bar - not Karaoke type videos, but live concerts or music video clips. Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer.

Yes you do,

You are in the territory of both the PRS licence, ( Performing Rights Society) and the Phonographic Performances Limited, which is the PPL. They can and do take people to Court for public unauthorised broadcasts without their licence.

The licences apply to all public broadcasts and I have personally seen and known them to be enforced in Thailand.

It was also another scam that allowed Police and City Hall officials to accompany the guys from PPL and PRS and extort huge sums for bars and clubs playing without their licence.

Be on your guard with that one.

Patexpat
June 1st, 2011, 15:47
And this is cumming from some one banned from Thailand? :rolling:

Splendid - all of 5 posts and you get it so wrong .... I think Mr Quill will probably correct you.

June 1st, 2011, 15:54

Splendid - all of 5 posts and you get it so wrong .... I think Mr Quill will probably correct you.

Patexpat,

I'll just rise above it. Obviously he's just another clown who's learnt to use a keyboard but not to spell.... :dontknow:

June 1st, 2011, 18:03

Patexpat,

I'll just rise above it. Obviously he's just another clown who's learnt to use a keyboard but not to spell.... :dontknow:

He's been removed already Kevin, but no doubt will be back again.....What a sad way to spends ones day!