PDA

View Full Version : Youtuber Tyler Oakley's Thailand trip vlog

elephantspike
June 1st, 2011, 13:23
Tyler is an openly gay American college student who is a popular Youtuber. This is his vlog of his recent visit to Thailand:

[youtube:3bwqy45q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1qHNFZwlw[/youtube:3bwqy45q]

thonglor55
June 1st, 2011, 14:45
I watched the first minute. Why do people have no sense of style and think wandering around in various colored singlets constitutes dressing appropriately?

June 1st, 2011, 15:05
I watched the first minute. Why do people have no sense of style and think wandering around in various colored singlets constitutes dressing appropriately?

for the same reason people goes wondering around shedding judgments on other people...but in tyler's case at least he is fun and the video is really nice...lighten up dude

June 1st, 2011, 15:36

He's a young,clean looking,polite lad on holiday enjoying some of the best aspects of Thailand.

I found the video cheery, warm and welcoming. The TAT could use that and it would be better than much of the stuff they have out there to promote Thailand.

I liked it.

thonglor55
June 1st, 2011, 15:38
I watched the first minute. Why do people have no sense of style and think wandering around in various colored singlets constitutes dressing appropriately?He's a young,clean looking,polite lad ... Oh I'd do him, I just don't think he dresses appropriately.

June 1st, 2011, 18:18
He's a young,clean looking, polite lad on holiday enjoying some of the best aspects of Thailand.
I found the video cheery, warm and welcoming. The TAT could use that and it would be better than much of the stuff they have out there to promote Thailand.
I liked it.

Great video, thanks Spike for posting it. As Kevin said, he looks a nice polite young lad enjoying all that is great about LOS, and has produced a very good, fun video.

As for our resident, "I'm not a bully, but you are" poster 'thonglor55' comments about him being inappropriately dressed, do get a life dear!

Cees-Holland
June 1st, 2011, 18:30
OMG Tyler is still doing this? He is sweet and funny.

Many moons ago I followed him and his friends on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/5awesomegays

jinks
June 1st, 2011, 21:04
Great fun, OH to be young again......

They are.... 5gayguys

Come check us out!
We are men.
We are activists.
We are opinionated.
We are special.
We are individuals.
We are motivated.
We are you.
We are us.
We are different.
We are awesome.
We are gay.

But that's not all we are.

Watch and find out...

Our FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
http://www.facebook.com/5awesomegays

elephantspike
June 2nd, 2011, 01:29
OMG Tyler is still doing this? He is sweet and funny.

Many moons ago I followed him and his friends on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/5awesomegays

The Five Awesome Gays called it quits as a group just this week. Tyler and Joseph Birdsong were my favorites. This is Joe:

[youtube:oyxzvkli]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dssz4EuUg[/youtube:oyxzvkli]

gaymandenmark
June 2nd, 2011, 03:20
I watched the first minute. Why do people have no sense of style and think wandering around in various colored singlets constitutes dressing appropriately?He's a young,clean looking,polite lad ... Oh I'd do him, I just don't think he dresses appropriately.

Why, he is not working in the business center of Bangkok.

As I see the video he is almost on an island kind of holliday, he is fit, handsome and has some style, even in his choise of colour.

I cant see that he is dressed much different, than a lot of the young thai guys going to DJ in Bangkok every night.
I am sure a lot of the asians in Silom Soi 2, Bangkok, would be very interested to know him more closely.

The only thing I dont like about the video is the Tiger Farm, but well we all makes mistakes.

June 2nd, 2011, 03:24
Why, he is not working in the business center of Bangkok.

As I see the video he is almost on an island kind of holliday, he is fit, handsome and has some style, even in his choise of colour.

I cant see that he is dressed much different, than a lot of the young thai guys going to DJ in Bangkok every night.
I am sure a lot of the asians in Silom Soi 2, Bangkok, would be very interested to know him more closely.

The only thing I dont like about the video is the Tiger Farm, but well we all makes mistakes.

The kid would have if the cubs Mam had decided to join them!!

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 09:22
As for our resident, "I'm not a bully, but you are" Aw, diddums.

June 2nd, 2011, 12:49
I luv these guys,who has looked at their facebook page and voted for them.
I wish i was young again,forever young,i want to be forever young.
You only live once,live it everyday like your last,that's why im writing a lot of posts on here.

http://www.facebook.com/5awesomegays

donald1
June 2nd, 2011, 18:01
Loved the vid. This kid did and saw more in 4 minutes than most of us (myself included) in the many years of coming to Thailand.
Does anyone who knows Thai food know what he was eating at 2:42 of the vid. He wrapped something in a leaf. Looked interesting. Like trying new things (not bugs tho).

joe552
June 3rd, 2011, 03:41
Donald, I hate to break it to you, but the video has been edited - so it took him considerably longer than 4 minutes to see what he did.

I don't see how it's particularly different or interesting myself, but if people enjoyed it - what the hell.

donald1
June 3rd, 2011, 04:45
No shit sherlock. It was a metaphor.........and I still stand by my original statement.

joe552
June 3rd, 2011, 04:47
Well obviously I missed that 'cos I'm Irish. We've never been great with the ould English. Thanks.

Is that the first metaphor we've had on SGT?

Beachlover
June 9th, 2011, 00:42
He's a young,clean looking,polite lad on holiday enjoying some of the best aspects of Thailand.

Totally agree! TAT should considering using it somewhere. Great video. Thanks Spike.

Reminds me of my first couple of trips to Thailand. He looks perpetually sun burnt as I was.

Singlet's fine for a young tourist wondering around the beachy and touristy areas. He looks like a nice guy.

elephantspike
June 17th, 2011, 12:39
Tyler uploaded an interactive vlog of his Bangkok experience. It has a summary of his Bangkok experience with links to videos of his summary of each of four experiences in Bangkok. I can't believe he actually liked Kho Sahn Road and some tourist trap bar better than The Grand Palace and didn't know about the Grand Palace dress code and The National Anthem in Movie Theaters. Oh, well, to each his own, and I guess I should send him a link to Lonely Planet.

[youtube:2d8qjzix]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4gVQs7XWU[/youtube:2d8qjzix]

Apparently he is going to do similar interactive videos for each of the four destinations he visited.

gregvc
June 17th, 2011, 13:26
when I was USA they played a song before the basketball game and everyone placed their hand over their heart. Wonder what that was for??? I do despair at times when seeing a certain nationality that are gobsmacked by the fact that the whole world is not like home. I met a guy from Chicago in Yogyakarta and he was ranting about the use of rupiah instead of the US dollar and also the size of American steaks being so much bigger than Indonesian steaks.

Beachlover
June 18th, 2011, 12:21
I watched the videos. He does come across as a lot of American travelers, unfortunately do; a bit ignorant and incapable of comprehending the rest of the world isn't like America. Still, he's making a big effort to travel and put himself out there, which is fantastic. Good on him.

I can't believe he actually liked Kho Sahn Road and some tourist trap bar better than The Grand Palace
Actually, of all the things I did in my first couple of visits to Bangkok, visiting the Grand Palace and the biggest temples were probably my least favourite. Sure, they're very pretty and a "must see" but they're also crowded and you spend a lot of time lining up and rubbing shoulders with other tourists.