PDA

View Full Version : Poll Do you support the inclusion of a 7 day maximum per day

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 10:48
Recently the members of baht-stop decided to reclaim their board from 2 flood posters and introduced a maximum of 7 posts per day per member. It has stabilized their board.

In the last few months, several posters have monopolised this forum with up to 20 posts per day. Many of them have been a feud that will never be resolved. Others have been trolls who have been banned in the past on this and other boards, for doing the same thing.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2011, 12:53
No, I wouldn't support that. I think you're just being old and grumpy.

Restricting people from talking kind of defeats the whole purpose of a discussion forum, doesn't it? Go open a bar, and limit every to two drinks a day before kicking them out. See how well it does.

springco
May 30th, 2011, 13:19
Yes, I support a limit. Certainly we all know what people like BeachLover think, he repeats his drivel constantly. So too with ScottishGuy who thinks he is "cute" with his boring "humor". Tonyfromkent is getting to be a bore too.

Certainly if you have something to offer you can say it in less than 7 posts a day. I vote yes, put on a limit. This has nothing to do with "freedom of expression".

May 30th, 2011, 13:55
twenty posts a day is overdosing this board with his opinion, most of whiich is crap.

jolyjacktar
May 30th, 2011, 14:14
Tonyfromkent or alas Badboybilly as he was before is just a sad fu-- who has no real friends so by him flooding this forum he thinks he's making himself friends if people respond to him. I think people like him and a few others must have real shallow lives as they live on the computer day and night jacking off to every new post they can butt into or start up. :lam:

Sen Yai
May 30th, 2011, 14:26
Go open a bar, and limit every to two drinks a day before kicking them out. See how well it does.

Matt, I think you are correct. Limit your customers to only two drinks and you will kill the atmosphere. Everyone will soon leave on go elsewhere.

But if you set the limit at seven drinks each, most people won't even approach that limit but you will probably prevent a few trouble makers who don't know when to stop getting drunk in the corner and fights breaking out. I think that's what Wombat is suggesting.

May 30th, 2011, 14:42
Even though I donтАЩt know much about the guys you mention, IтАЩm sure they all have something positive to offer, if they are interesting and not Insulting, I cant see why any one would treat members like children.

IтАЩm all for free speech and Interesting conversation, leave the Bickering to other boards, this board is the best as far as I can see it, if you donтАЩt look at the others.

May 30th, 2011, 14:55
To me it seems that Tony is doing his best to help kick start the board in a positive way. I fully agree with Mother above in saying that informative posts are one thing but the constant posting of nasty and provocative posts? Well I don't think there is any room on this board for it. It degrades the members, the board itself and all it seems to do is bring more people around to either join in or gawk. Therefore the numbers here, which is what ADVERTISERS look at, is very misleading. The numbers are high because of all the same people who return to continue out the gawking and sniping. Yes, the figures will go down but the board would be a more peaceful and informative place to visit. Personally I think all the nasty arguing should be deleted.

Koh Samui Luv
May 30th, 2011, 15:04
I support the limit of seven posts. If you have anything meaning to add to this forum, certainly you can do it in seven posts for one day.

We all know the names of those who flood this board with utter stupidities day after day. BeachLover, Tomyfromkent (BadBoyBilly), ScottishGuy, Combat. And we all knew exactly what to expect to hear from them since they drone on day after day with their constant drivel. YES! Limit posting to seven per member per day. Great idea.

"justme" do you support Tonyfromkent because he has publicly stated that he likes your bar and then mainly because you are exactly the type he goes for? While Tony isn't the worst here, I would never go so far as to say he is a "positive" element on the board. Hardly. I can just imagine a few more months of his crap flooding this board! No! Limit the posts. This is one of the few good ideas I have seen expressed here in recent months.

anonone
May 30th, 2011, 16:22
I am not a frequent poster on this board, but I visit quite a bit.

I don't think there is a need to limit the number of posts. I think there is a need for a bit more moderation / organization.

Move any off-topic posts or back and forth bickering to some type of "miscellaneous" thread. Those that like the drama can have it all compiled in one place. Those that actually want to follow a thread topic don't have to wade through the mountain of crap to find good information.

Just my thoughts. I have very little experience on web boards....

May 30th, 2011, 17:38
Koh Samui Luv:
No I do not stick up for Tony because he said a few things good bout my bar. he has also said a few things negative. No, I support anyone trying or attempting to change the board around from personal attacks to ANYTHING that could be of more interest. Beachlover has made an unbelievable amount of posts that stuck up for me. Do I support him. Not always. I have told him many a time in PMs that I thought his posts were too long and repeticious.
Koh Samui Luv, I have a brain of my own, and I always attempt to use it. I stick up for people when I think they are/were unjustly being hounded and I speak up and out to them when I think they are wrong.
Examples: I tend to like Beachie. So what? I dont care if he is 26 or 86 and I dont care if he is blonds hair blue eyed and been to Thailand 15 times or not and Googles all his information. Dont care. That is what started one war which went on for 2 months! He seems to me an ok guy and interesting to talk to.
Tonyfromkent: Is a person who says what he thinks, good or bad. I dont read all his threads because I think some are uninteresting to ME. So I skip over them and just dont go to them.

Does this mean I stick up for them, or that they are my pals or my little group of allies? No.
I find some things that OIAW posts are interesting and some well, just personal attacks that were stupid.
People tell me to stay away and dont pay attention to thonglor55. I find him interesting and I like what he posts alot of the time. Most of the time he is also attacked unfairly. Scottish? Well if he writes about topics, that's cool and he has stuff to add that I think is useful. If he can get off this kick about being so clever and cockey, I think alot more people would respect him and I am not talking only about me. LonelyWombat? Well we waffle back and forth. He tries very hard to make this board interesting and I respect him for that. Sometimes we are pals and sometimes not. Even reading back over Surfs posts, except those pertaining to me, i find he is also a very interesting person and tries to weed out bad things. He and I just went over the deep end.

I guess what I am trying to say is that EVERYONE here so far has had something good to add when they stay away from the personal attacks and vendettas. Again, when they become personal attacks of any sort then moderator(s) should step in and just delete it. You are all grownups for fucking sake, act like it!

May 30th, 2011, 20:38
You are all grownups for fucking sake, act like it!
That's hilarious coming from you.

As for lonelywombat (pedantic church lady and Monty's self appointed shill), it would seem to me that his current campaign has more to do with his hard-on for Bad Boy Billy and what ever transpired between Billy and Monty in the distant past. As usual for lonely, it's do as I say, not as I do.

May 30th, 2011, 20:48
[attachment=0:q6nh4wg5]big-beached-whale-lover.jpg[/attachment:q6nh4wg5]As I voted this came to mind!

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 20:53
[attachment=0:207n0ljf]big-beached-whale-lover.jpg[/attachment:207n0ljf]As I voted this came to mind!

I am sure thats unfair. Once in a while can swim.

joe552
May 30th, 2011, 20:57
I voted against any limit. We're all free to ignore posts or posters we're not interested in.

May 30th, 2011, 21:57
I voted against any limit. We're all free to ignore posts or posters we're not interested in.

The voice of sense!

May 30th, 2011, 22:28

The voice of sense!

Totally agree, there are some that moan about the control and moderation on other forums yet want this one run the same way!

colmx
May 31st, 2011, 01:03
I voted maybe
It is my opinion that there should be a limit to prevent flooding....
But that 7 posts per day is not enough...
I think 10-12 posts per day is a more realistic limit...

Dboy
May 31st, 2011, 01:15
I voted FOR, but I do think the max should be a bit higher...10 posts per day.

paulg
May 31st, 2011, 04:25
I voted yes as I have seen how the baht-stop board has recovered after the limit was introduced. In the last 2 months 3 posters have had posting privileges withdrawn and there was a poll like this on beachlovers posts. I think the new owner should take note of the members wishes to what has been happening.

DCbob
May 31st, 2011, 05:06
I voted maybe, suggest limit to 10 and if that does not work go down to 7, and finally to 5 to control the few.

May 31st, 2011, 05:46
I voted yes as I have seen how the baht-stop board has recovered after the limit was introduced. In the last 2 months 3 posters have had posting privileges withdrawn and there was a poll like this on beachlovers posts. I think the new owner should take note of the members wishes to what has been happening.

So the big idea is to make SGT like Baht Stop?

Just one problem - nobody goes there, so it's hardly a shining example of how to run a message board!

Look - if you guys voting "YES" don't like what I, or Tony, or Beachlover, or Unkie, or A. N. Other, post - then there is a perfectly functional "ignore" feature. If you use it your eyes will not even be assailed by our outpourings. Exactly what is the problem with using it? It couldn't be control-freakery could it?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

giggsy
May 31st, 2011, 05:53
Why is lonely having this poll trying to change the board rules ? Is he the new owner ? If not then I sugest he leaves any moderation or new rules to the new owner and jinks.
Now if there was a poll about stopping people moaning about this board more than 7 times a week (lonely) I might vote for that.
I voted NO to this one..if it bothers you just use the ignore feature. I have no-one on ignore I don't want to miss anything.
And another thing....BBB aka Tonyfromkent has been a member for over 2 months and still not been banned, surely a record for him. Could Badboybilly be the new owner?

paulg
May 31st, 2011, 05:55

So the big idea is to make SGT like Baht Stop?

Just one problem - nobody goes there, so it's hardly a shining example of how to run a message board!

Look - if you guys voting "YES" don't like what I, or Tony, or Beachlover, or Unkie, or A. N. Other, post - then there is a perfectly functional "ignore" feature. If you use it your eyes will not even be assailed by our outpourings. Exactly what is the problem with using it? It couldn't be control-freakery could it?

I think it is about members do not like what you have done to this board. Baht-stop has consistently more threads daily than this board now has, but when you take out the 5 or 6 self important flooders here,there is very little else.

it is not control freakery. It is saying we are getting tired of all your crap.

May 31st, 2011, 06:00
I think it is about members do not like what you have done to this board...

Fine - and the answer is in your OWN HANDS as I have indicated - why aren't you taking it?

Why do you prefer to bleat and moan and vote on pointless polls, rather than take the one piece of positive action which would completely alleviate your "suffering"?

Basically - if you are tired of my CRAP why are you choosing to read it and, even more ludicrously, choosing to REPLY to it?

May 31st, 2011, 06:15
Baht-stop has consistently more threads daily than this board now has

And all absolutely riveting if you like reading cut and pastes from various online news sources.

paulg
May 31st, 2011, 06:18
I think it is about members do not like what you have done to this board...

Fine - and the answer is in your OWN HANDS as I have indicated - why aren't you taking it?

Why do you prefer to bleat and moan and vote on pointless polls, rather than take the one piece of positive action which would completely alleviate your "suffering"?

Basically - if you are tired of my CRAP why are you choosing to read it and, even more ludicrously, choosing to REPLY to it?

Why should I have to remain and suffer in silence. As you have forced your opinion on this board daily for so long, are others not allowed to have a voice. Why should I continue to be be a passive reader, if I have an increasing opinion that enough is enough.

May 31st, 2011, 06:20
You seem to be exercising your voice perfectly adequately - thats 3 posts in 2 hours on the same subject.

You'll be reaching your desired limit shortly.

:laughing3:

May 31st, 2011, 06:27
Baht-stop has consistently more threads daily than this board now has

And all absolutely riveting if you like reading cut and pastes from various online news sources.

I must get over to Baht-Stop more often - I am missing out on threads of world importance - such as yesterday's offering:

"The price of a glass of water in Europe"

dab69
May 31st, 2011, 07:12
Tonyfromkent member ~69 days
total posts - 158
avg posts/day 2.29

Beachie member ~1215 days
total posts - 4518
avg posts/day 3.72

witchhunt
May 31st, 2011, 07:37
Tonyfromkent member ~69 days
total posts - 158
avg posts/day 2.29

Beachie member ~1215 days
total posts - 4518
avg posts/day 3.72

that means sfa. click on tonys profile and see how many posts he has made just this last week.as for beachlover there were times when he posted 25 and up posts per day.

kittyboy
May 31st, 2011, 12:30

The voice of sense!

I agree..if you don't like a post or poster stop reading it or them.

Scottish guy..That bag on your face is not flattering..You look much better in a dress.

May 31st, 2011, 14:26
Scottish guy..That bag on your face is not flattering..You look much better in a dress.

Apparently, following a pow-wow, that particular accusation has now been withdrawn - but thanks for the fashion tip anyway.

I'm sorry my paper bag is not to your liking.

On the other hand, can I just say that every time I see your pussy it excites me greatly.

:occasion9:

kittyboy
May 31st, 2011, 14:39

Apparently, following a pow-wow, that particular accusation has now been withdrawn - but thanks for the fashion tip anyway.

I'm sorry my paper bag is not to your liking.

On the other hand, can I just say that every time I see your pussy it excites me greatly.

You took a peak?
a maidens blush bepaint my cheek.

Khor tose
May 31st, 2011, 22:42
You took a peak?

He must be mis-spoke of what he saw as I did hear you say, "the mask of night is on my face;"

May 31st, 2011, 22:56
You took a peak?

He must be mis-spoke of what he saw as I did hear you say, "the mask of night is on my face;"

This is all very nice,

Methinks I should posteth a likeness of myself as my dearest Thisbe dear.

But soft, I fear a certain innkeeper woulds't show it forth to e'vry traitorous plume-plucked, serpents-egg, canker-blossom in Pattaya, so that he might discovereth mine identitie.

:rolling:

Khor tose
June 1st, 2011, 11:57
Methinks I should posteth a likeness of myself as my dearest Thisbe dear.
But soft, I fear a certain innkeeper woulds't show it forth to e'vry traitorous plume-plucked, serpents-egg, canker-blossom in Pattaya, so that he might discovereth mine identitie.

:sign5:

thonglor55
June 1st, 2011, 14:54
You took a peak?A pique, shurely?

June 1st, 2011, 15:14
Methinks wombat has no life.

June 1st, 2011, 15:26
Methinks Combat18 would be an appropriate non-de-plume for our more right-wing SGT members.

:rolling: :rolling:

June 1st, 2011, 15:29
Combat22 pick a better name - jinks

June 1st, 2011, 17:10
Combat22 is at a rough guess tonyfromkent!

June 1st, 2011, 18:35
Why do you think Billy has changed his ID?

jinks
June 1st, 2011, 21:20
Why do you think Billy has changed his ID?

Because he has been in and out, banned and accepted, OH so many times I have lost count.

Currently he is in a "just acceptable" status, when he goes over the top again, he will be deleted and then try and sneak in again with another different name.

I think this is he......
[attachment=0:8df0ml0t]billy.jpg[/attachment:8df0ml0t]

June 1st, 2011, 21:30
Kent is known as "The Garden of England"
If this is the case, Tony must be the manure for it.

June 1st, 2011, 21:55
I observe that the pendulum of opinion is swinging and that barely over half of respondents are now in favour of this draconian measure.

The "YES" camp must be worried - whilst they appear to have crashed and burned, all the momentum seems to be with the opposition.

Will half-dead members now be dragged out of their sick beds to prop up the YES vote?

The suspense is killing me.

June 1st, 2011, 22:06
I observe that the pendulum of opinion is swinging and that barely over half of respondents are now in favour of this draconian measure. The "YES" camp must be worried - whilst they appear to have crashed and burned, all the momentum seems to be with the opposition.
Will half-dead members now be dragged out of their sick beds to prop up the YES vote? The suspense is killing me:

Now if it was the AV System of voting!

June 1st, 2011, 22:56
I observe that the pendulum of opinion is swinging and that barely over half of respondents are now in favour of this draconian measure. The "YES" camp must be worried - whilst they appear to have crashed and burned, all the momentum seems to be with the opposition.
Will half-dead members now be dragged out of their sick beds to prop up the YES vote? The suspense is killing me:

Now if it was the AV System of voting!

Now, Combat, the other factor is that the YES camp will declare victory on a simple majority of the tiny minority of SGT members who are currently bothering to "vote".

It is arguable that a given percentage of the total membership ought to have voted "YES" for a result proposing major change to have validity.

Following in the 1979 footsteps of that giant of democracy, Mr George Cunningham MP, I propose that 40% of the total electorate must vote "YES" for the result to be valid.

As you will know, there is solid precedent for this (1979 Referendum) and Mrs Thatcher loved it - so it should be soooooooooooo OK with YOU

June 1st, 2011, 23:13
As you will know, there is solid precedent for this (1979 Referendum) and Mrs Thatcher loved it - so it should be soooooooooooo OK with YOU

Now you are wearing a bag over your head to avoid being recognised Scotty are you picking a fight?

June 1st, 2011, 23:23

Now you are wearing a bag over your head to avoid being recognised Scotty are you picking a fight?

Oh, you should know by now that I pick fights either with or without a bag :rolling:

But in this case I was merely referring to your previously expressed admiration.

The bag itself is just to take the piss out of certain people - but maybe the shirt gives me away - OMG.

Smiles
June 2nd, 2011, 00:43
The original post-&-poll (by Lonelywombat) was specious anyway. The allegation that Baht-Stop has 'gotten back on track' because of the 7-post Rule is also utter nonsense.
The 7-post thing was put in place to silence one specific poster ('Reggie') who ~ purely coincidental of course ~ just happens to be the only member of Baht Stop who generally supports Israel . . . as opposed to Hedda and his lapdogs (to a man) who support the Palestinian side in the never-ending Middle East Tango. The 7-post Rule actually succeeded for a while as Reggie had had enough and walked away from BS in high dudgeon. He's recently returned to start up the same argument: Reggie is a serial poster and a person who can not get enough of the sound of his own typing finger, typing.
Baht-Stop only 'got back on track' because, with Reggie gone, the Baht Stop cluster fuck could carry on without some annoying Chihuahua sniping from the Other Side: that's not 'getting back on track' . . . rather it's getting back to a dull and leaden group brain holding sway.

Lonely Wombat wants to see a moderated board so tightly wound that the clocks run backward and nary a naughty word nor a biting comment shall pass muster on Sawatdee. I hope that Orwellian future does not come true, and the the Owner (whoever that turns out to be) leaves things as they are in terms of moderation. In general the less moderation the better ~ as long as it's consistent and fair-minded in applying the Guidelines ... (often difficult with Mr jinks running the roost).

IMO only of course.

June 2nd, 2011, 03:54
Hi,

I don't think i would be a good move at all.

You have a lot of choice already with the ignore feature and friends features etc. If you don't want to read some of the stuff, the choice is yours.

Some famous guy, I am not googling it, once said that ' I may not agree with what you say, but I will die defending your right to say it! '

Just pointing out the freedom of speech element, the mods have got in place already all the relevant posting guidelines and rules.

This is, IMHO, the only board worth bothering with and certainly, after reading the others, the only one I am interested in, that is fair with its policies.

In summary, as I am rambling, I think the boards OK as it is.

I don't dislike any of the moderators or owners of the other boards, I just like this one. :sunny:

June 2nd, 2011, 04:20
But in this case I was merely referring to your previously expressed admiration.

Aye lad and I will reiterate that admiration. Obviously she would not be in line for a State Funeral if the majority thought as you do. There again you do come from North of the border where except for your mixed variations of Tartans everything else is a very, very socialist 'red'.....

June 2nd, 2011, 05:58

Aye lad and I will reiterate that admiration. Obviously she would not be in line for a State Funeral if the majority thought as you do. There again you do come from North of the border where except for your mixed variations of Tartans everything else is a very, very socialist 'red'.....

Combat, my sweet - may I suggest you quit taking your news from the Daily Mail (editor J. Goebbels).

Firstly the proposed State Funeral - just remind me when "the majority" you speak of was consulted and expressed their support? (hint: Never) - it was, in fact, pushed for and decided upon in 2008 at the behest of that well-known quisling - Mr G. Brown.
At an estimated cost of ┬г5 million, I suspect the taxpaying public would actually be quite divided on the matter if they were ever to be asked.
However, I'm more generous, so my own view is why wait? - If we must have it, let's have it now!

Secondly, the political map of Scotland is now overwhelmingly Scottish National Party YELLOW, with only faint dabs of red, mere traces of blue, and a couple of orange dots.
You're living in the past my friend.

[attachment=0:32u0j5al]bbc_scotlandmap304x304.jpg[/attachment:32u0j5al]

June 2nd, 2011, 06:41
Back on-topic.

OH DEAR

As of NOW, the majority for the 7 post limit has vanished completely.

With such a small sample, 1 vote can swing it either way - but the trend is clear.

Taxi for the Wombat?

francois
June 2nd, 2011, 10:23
Back on-topic.
As of NOW, the majority for the 7 post limit has vanished completely.
With such a small sample, 1 vote can swing it either way - but the trend is clear.

If one discounts the maybe, the no opinion and the tonyfromkent votes and only count the yes and no, the results are different. 33 Yes vs 23 No = 56 total; the percentage is 59% Yes.

June 2nd, 2011, 14:44
If one discounts the maybe, the no opinion and the tonyfromkent votes and only count the yes and no, the results are different. 33 Yes vs 23 No = 56 total; the percentage is 59% Yes.

Excuse me?

I know the YES vote is currently under 49% but that's no excuse to adopt Zimbabwean electoral rules :rolling:

The proposition is:

"Do support the 7 maximum posts per day" - is that a question or a plea? :rolling:

There is a clear option to vote YES

Any other option is NOT a YES

Now, the OP may have chosen the options very badly (a straight YES/NO would have been far clearer), but that is not my problem.

If YES does not get 51% or more at closing date, the proposition is lost (for what it's worth)

Increasing signs of desperation appearing in the YES camp!

Taxi for Francois! Or maybe he can share with the Wombat!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Smiles
June 2nd, 2011, 16:18
All this shite about 7-day posting limits is moot (as hell really), because the Admin is going to thoroughly ignore this poll, it's wobble-headed plea, and it's results, whatever they turn out to be.

I think ... I'm sure ... I assume :dontknow: I hope ... :glasses7: DOWN WITH BONE-HEADED POLLS!!!! :nud:

June 2nd, 2011, 16:19
All this shite about 7-day posting limits is moot (as hell really), because the Admin is going to thoroughly ignore this poll, it's wobble-headed plea, and it's results, whatever they turn out to be.

I think ... I'm sure ... I assume :dontknow: I hope ... :glasses7:

Surely you're not suggesting that because the poll is a lot of shite we can't have some fun with it?

Smiles
June 2nd, 2011, 16:25
Shirley not ~ 'suggesting' that is. I'm having fun with it (look, I'm using smilies after all, an absolute indication of funning), why shouldn't you? Knock yerself out Baghead. :headbang:

June 2nd, 2011, 16:27
Shirley not ~ 'suggesting' that is. I'm having fun with it (look, I'm using smilies after all, an absolute indication of funning), why shouldn't you? Knock yerself out Baghead. :headbang:

I think he was dropped on his head at birth Smiles, hence the bag!

francois
June 3rd, 2011, 00:04
Now, the OP may have chosen the options very badly (a straight YES/NO would have been far clearer), but that is not my problem.

Increasing signs of desperation appearing in the YES camp!
Taxi for Francois! Or maybe he can share with the Wombat!
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I do agree that the OP should have included 2 options, Yes or No, for the results to be more clear. Nothing in my post suggests my position on this issue, so no taxi ride for Francois with the Wombat or with Scottish-guy.

June 3rd, 2011, 02:02
Francois - I don't need a taxi!

The taxis are for the losers to slink away

:sign5: down to 45% now for the YES camp. Shocking. They blew it!

VOTE NO!

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

joe552
June 3rd, 2011, 03:46
I really think we need to hear from Beachlover before this matter is decided. He hasn't posted yet, so is obviously out of range in deepest Isaan or wherever, but since he's the expert, it's only right we get the benefit of his experience.

kittyboy
June 3rd, 2011, 04:18
I really think we need to hear from Beachlover before this matter is decided. He hasn't posted yet, so is obviously out of range in deepest Isaan or wherever, but since he's the expert, it's only right we get the benefit of his experience.

Joe - You are a wise man and a keen observer..I had not noticed BL's absence. No SG thread is complete without BL's input.

STOP - KEEP THE POLL OPEN>>> Surely BL must be on his way to cast a vote!

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2011, 06:19
It was interestng to see the response to the poll. I selected a header that was different to attract attention. I expected a much smaller response so the numbers are a surprise, and a good indication of the concern of members at the way the board is going.

First the numbers. Whenever I visit Sawatdee I always look at the names of members signed in to see if there is someone I can chat with in msn. In the main there are usually excluding the bots and hidden members, about 10 members sometimes more and up to 100 visitors. My guestimate is less than 50 members and between 300 and 500 visitors, visit each day. Many of those visitors are probably members anyway who cant be bothered signing in.

As a lot of both groups remain logged in for large part of the day and others, usually the flood posters return frequently during each and every day, I expected about 20 + to vote in the poll, in addition to the 6 flood posters who of course vote no.

Whilst scottish-guy sees the increase in the no vote a vote of confidence to continue his vendetta with others, I see the total vote as 76 people who are concerned about the direction of the board.

Those that voted yes, dont necessarily agree with the seven post limit, nor those that voted no agree to the continued floooding and abusive posts. 76 people took the trouble to vote and show they are concerned enough to want to express an opinion. I estimate there are only about 20 people who post
something each month. Even if that figure was 30 or 40, the numbers that took part must be food for thought to the moderators and the new owner.

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 14:08
76 people took the trouble to vote and show they are concerned enough to want to express an opinion.What a rich fantasy life you do lead lonelywombat.

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2011, 14:56
76 people took the trouble to vote and show they are concerned enough to want to express an opinion.What a rich fantasy life you do lead lonelywombat.

That is coming from an unemployed or is it unemployable toy boy living in a house full of servants. Nothing to do all day but to roam gayromeo and post to a board about a place he has never been to.

boy you are a geenyus

June 3rd, 2011, 15:03
Whilst scottish-guy sees the increase in the no vote a vote of confidence to continue his vendetta with others, I see the total vote as 76 people who are concerned about the direction of the board.

No, Wombat, that is simply wrong.

Firstly I do not have a "vendetta" with anybody.

I have robust arguments now and again with people, and sometimes it goes further than it should.

That is NOT a vendetta, and if it were, I could easily conduct one on 49 posts a week, which is your proposal.

What I have against your proposal is that it smacks of pomposity - how dare YOU or anybody else tell ME or anybody else how many posts we can make.

VOTE NO

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 15:28
boy you are a geenyusYou're too kind.

francois
June 3rd, 2011, 19:31

I didn't realize that this non-binding poll was between winners and losers. I thought it was to determine if the members preferred a 7/day limit on posts. Is there somewhere that states that 50% of total votes cast "wins"? Why not 2/3 majority or a simple majority?

June 3rd, 2011, 20:01

I didn't realize that this non-binding poll was between winners and losers. I thought it was to determine if the members preferred a 7/day limit on posts. Is there somewhere that states that 50% of total votes cast "wins"? Why not 2/3 majority or a simple majority?

Francois, mon cher, I think we are all well-aware that the poll is non-binding, can't you just force yourself to SMILE and join in the FUN? :rolling:

Quite simply, if the YES camp fail to get over 50% of the vote, they will have no mandate to even suggest this change.
If our Man of Mystery (the new owner) decides to do it anyway then that's his/her perogative but it will be against the wishes of the majority who voted and would indicate a blatant disregard of their expressed view.

The reason I have got involved in this is that I find it most amusing to witness self-appointed people putting themselves forward as arbiters of how many posts a day the rest of us ought to be allowed - then finding out that, actually, they have nowhere near the support they thought they had.
If they hadn't nailed their colours to the mast in the first place it wouldn't be half as amusing

I haven't had this much fun since a farang's urinary incontinence bag burst in the Corner Bar.

VOTE NO!

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

Smiles
June 3rd, 2011, 20:37
" ... I haven't had this much fun since a farang's urinary incontinence bag burst in the Corner Bar ... "
:laughing3: 'Justme'?
The way he regularly works himself into a lather here, I'd be surprised the bursting event was a one-only.

June 3rd, 2011, 20:41
Do you go to the Corner Bar much Scottish ,i think the pool tables are good there because there free.

Anyway i think we all must show some respect to lonely wombat and what he believes may be benefecial ,i think we all should try to show some respect by posting only 7 posts or less if we can.

I think others may know where the Zebra may be as i need to talk to the giraffe ,but in the meantime i am not posting about it.thankyou

jinks
June 3rd, 2011, 20:42
boy you are a geenyusYou're too kind.

For a boy that is.

Jellybean
June 3rd, 2011, 20:54
Hey Scottish-guy you certainly seem to be having a lot of fun with this topic!

I voted тАЬnoтАЭ for the excellent reasons put forward by joe552 below:

тАЬI voted against any limit. We're all free to ignore posts or posters we're not interested in.тАЭ (joe552)

I would also add that if the regular posters didnтАЩt post, this would be a very dull board and would hardly be worth reading.

Lastly, I would however be interested to hear the views of the new owner. Will he make himself known to the board? Will he comment on this poll? Will he make some sort of policy statement or just confirm that things will carry on very much as they have in the recent past?

francois
June 4th, 2011, 00:53
Francois, mon cher, I think we are all well-aware that the poll is non-binding, can't you just force yourself to SMILE and join in the FUN?
[
I haven't had this much fun since a farang's urinary incontinence bag burst in the Corner Bar.

Mon vieux, I had no idea that it was all about FUN. Now your talking! I haven't had this much fun since a passenger's colostomy bag burst on my last flight to Thailand.

[attachment=0:2smjt6lm]Joy of Colostomy.gif[/attachment:2smjt6lm]

June 4th, 2011, 02:18
Gents,

Who said a new owner has already taken over and where was this stated on the board please??

I don't think it has even occurred as yet, so some may be slightly premature with either questions and requests or congratulation speeches.... :dontknow:

Theway some are going on, you would think the guy had just paid cash for the bloody giant gherkin in London!......I could then understand the fuss.

witchhunt
June 4th, 2011, 08:26
What I have against your proposal is that it smacks of pomposity - how dare YOU or anybody else tell ME or anybody else how many posts we can make.

I think it is so wonderful of you to take a stand against [other peoples] pomposity. We cant have two on the board

June 4th, 2011, 17:09
Gents,

Who said a new owner has already taken over and where was this stated on the board please??

Re: Scottish v Justme 1

PostAuthor: jinks ┬╗ Wed 25 May, 2011 5:11 pm

.....The new owner and I speak, like living people, on that old contraption called the telephone....

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

lonelywombat
June 4th, 2011, 17:32
Re: Scottish v Justme 1

PostAuthor: jinks ┬╗ Wed 25 May, 2011 5:11 pm

.....The new owner and I speak, like living people, on that old contraption called the telephone....

Why would jinks PM you 10 days ago, that he and the new owner are in telephone contact.

Why are you receiving such exalted treatment!!!!!

June 4th, 2011, 17:34
Wombat my dear, jinks did not PM me - he posted on a thread, the title of which I have quoted in my post.

FFS!

mj_87-old
June 5th, 2011, 06:37

I think it is so wonderful of you to take a stand against [other peoples] pomposity. We cant have two on the board

Pointing out that some posters are trying to dictate the behaviour of others is hardly pompous. Just the opposite.

Beachlover
June 8th, 2011, 23:41
Every now and then, Lonely Wombat has to have an irrational bitch about something.

Lonely has positive intentions for this board but unfortunately, members like him and Catawampuscat are so childishly pedantic and intolerant, they are incapable of putting up with posts that fall anywhere outside THEIR vision of what the board should be. They are control freaks who are unable to let nature take its course.

They cannot stand seeing threads that go off-topic when the topic doesn't interest them. They constantly ask mods to close threads, boot posters, delete posts, make new rules or do whatever THEY desire on WHIM as if they're entitled to make such demands. They don't think through the greater implications of their demands. They think only of themselves have no consideration for what other members enjoy. They're incapable of accommodating or accepting that people have a variety of needs and wants.

BadBoyBilly/Tonyfromkent may be a piss taking wind up troll but he did actually spark a lot of positive discussion and interesting threads. Lonely loves to flap about saying this forum is "dying" and "dead" but Billy actually made more positive contributions to put life into the forum than Lonely did in the short time he was here. It's just unfortunate that after a while he falls of the cliff, goes to far and needs to be spanked and slapped away. :rolling:

Poll results are invalid because anyone can go and register multiple handles as has been alleged in the past.

Fortunately, lots of sensible and practical members made an effort to voice their opinion in writing:

No, I wouldn't support that. I think you're just being old and grumpy.Sums up Lonely perfectly!

I don't think there is a need to limit the number of posts.
Totally agree, there are some that moan about the control and moderation on other forums yet want this one run the same way!
I sugest he leaves any moderation or new rules to the new owner and jinks.
Now if there was a poll about stopping people moaning about this board more than 7 times a week (lonely) I might vote for that.
I voted NO to this one..if it bothers you just use the ignore feature. I have no-one on ignore I don't want to miss anything.
Kent is known as "The Garden of England"
If this is the case, Tony must be the manure for it. :sign5:
I don't think i would be a good move at all. You have a lot of choice already with the ignore feature and friends features etc. If you don't want to read some of the stuff, the choice is yours. Some famous guy, I am not googling it, once said that ' I may not agree with what you say, but I will die defending your right to say it!
Taxi for the Wombat?
I voted тАЬnoтАЭ for the excellent reasons put forward by joe552 below:

тАЬI voted against any limit. We're all free to ignore posts or posters we're not interested in.тАЭ (joe552)

I would also add that if the regular posters didnтАЩt post, this would be a very dull board and would hardly be worth reading.
Very true, Jellybean. I totally agree!

Then we have a few impractical moaners led by Paulg:

I think the new owner should take note of the members wishes to what has been happening.
Is that the members' wishes YOUR pedantic wishes?

I think it is about members do not like what you have done to this board.
Paulg, you add fuck all nothing to this board. Any board comprised of members like you would be DEAD. Scottish adds wit, life and sometimes good information/opinion. I would take Scottish, Justme and even BadBoyBilly over you any day.

I'm sorry but the same applies to Springco, Koh Samui Luv, dab69... posters who add sweet f*ck all other than popping up to moan and groan about others.

Thank goodness the new owner is PRACTICAL and believes in the liberal moderating policy that has seen Sawatdee continue as, in my opinion the most popular, balanced and varied board on gay Thailand.

the1
June 9th, 2011, 02:21
Beachlover...............you are one hell of an ODD guy!

Ask your nurse for some stronger meds!

Don't take offence, I am not having a go, I am a just worried about you.

Shame there isn't a smiley of a NERD! :8(

paulg
June 9th, 2011, 04:41
Poll results are invalid because anyone can go and register multiple handles as has been alleged in the past.

Why dont you go the list of new members since this was first posted and point out the multiple handles. Here is the link to the last page . Impress us with your Sherlock Holmes wisdom.

memberlist.php?start=3250 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/memberlist.php?start=3250)

Then we have a few impractical moaners led by Paulg:

I think the new owner should take note of the members wishes to what has been happening.

I think it is about members do not like what you have done to this board.

Paulg, you add fuck all nothing to this board. Any board comprised of members like you would be DEAD. Scottish adds wit, life and sometimes good information/opinion. I would take Scottish, Justme and even BadBoyBilly over you any day.

Interesting comment from a filipino toilet cleaner who has nothing better to do with his time but to slag off at all members that disagree with him. in your own words you are the original fuckstick, a legend in your own mind

June 9th, 2011, 05:25
Interesting comment from a filipino toilet cleaner who has nothing better to do with his time but to slag off at all members that disagree with him. in your own words you are the original fuckstick, a legend in your own mind

How very, very racist and discriminatory and to think you posted it in a Thailand Forum! How tasteless, you should be utterly ashamed of your uncontrollable little tantrum,,,,

June 9th, 2011, 08:40
I don't think a posting limit is advisable or needed but you might understand how some think there should be some kind of control when there are posters who can and do make 15 posts over 12 threads in the space of a little over 2 hours. Clearly a case of a personality disorder and someone with the written equivalent of being in love with the sound of their own voice.

thonglor55
June 9th, 2011, 09:32
Who said a new owner has already taken over and where was this stated on the board please??I think we can say conclusively that posters like justme who, weeks ago, posted that it was clear the new owner had taken over because they could discern a new policy are victims of that well known sydrome "wishful thinking".

Beachlover
June 9th, 2011, 19:18
Why dont you go the list of new members since this was first posted and point out the multiple handles. Here is the link to the last page . Impress us with your Sherlock Holmes wisdom.
Paulg... I know your dopey dumb bogan brain struggles with logical deduction. So I'm sure you haven't considered the possibility that there are already lots of secondary hydra handles registered.

I am not having a go, I am a just worried about you.
Your title should read, "BadBoyBilly's Surviving Handle" or "I am a big lardy degenerate". :rolling:

the1
June 9th, 2011, 19:46
Your title should read, "BadBoyBilly's Surviving Handle" or "I am a big lardy degenerate".

Please tell us all why ?