PDA

View Full Version : European Pride Event

May 3rd, 2006, 14:02
This year the moveable European Pride event will take place in London. It is said that 500,000 people are expected to march and congregate on Trafalgar Square for a rally. I am not sure who has done the plannning but how the hell they expect to get that many people in Trafalgar Square is beyond me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4965702.stm

These days I tend to avoid pride events (although they are still useful and enjoyable to some) and I am glad I will not be back in London when this takes place.

May 3rd, 2006, 14:07
These days I tend to avoid pride events (although they are still useful and enjoyable to some) and I am glad I will not be back in London when this takes place.

Aye -- it would seem that we all reach an age when throngs of topless men and loud "boom boom" music are no longer fun. Welcome to adulthood ;-)

May 3rd, 2006, 14:11
Livingstone, has paved over and pedestrianised the road in frot of the National Gallery as he thinks that there should be a place from which "the Revolution" can start.

This allows more people to congregate in the square. A few years ago he seemed to try to broaden Pride to all "diversity" by dropping the Gay. He is an odd person who may or may not be on your side. His repaving of much of Central London as he can is creating congestion as fast as his heinous and unfair tax dissuades it. Not that living 200 yards from the boundary of the charge zone predjudices my view, you understand.