PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Pourhouse

May 27th, 2011, 15:00
Who has the time to wander over to the relatively new bar The Jomtien Pourhouse in the Jomtien Complex.
More like a real Aussie pub really than just another bar.

I really enjoyed the place,no hassles,no boys,and beers available by the jug.

Partly owned by an Aussie and part time Sydney resident Adam,it has quickly merged as a favourite to have a quiet drink in the green and gold surrounds.

As Im holidaying at the moment in the Land Downunder I accidently bumped into Adam in the famous Sydney Gay icon bar , The Taxi Club.
Adam tells me that he has some very exciting plans for the Jomtien Pourhouse and will be back in July to make it more exciting.

Meanwhile you can check out Jomtien Pourhouse or if you have been there let us know what you think of it,good,bad,indifferent?

http://gayjomtienbeach.blogspot.com/201 ... ience.html (http://gayjomtienbeach.blogspot.com/2011/04/pour-house-rich-experience.html)

May 27th, 2011, 16:54
..The Jomtien Pourhouse...More like a real Aussie pub really ...

Is that description supposed to attract people? :rolling:

...Adam tells me that he has some very exciting plans for the Jomtien Pourhouse and will be back in July to make it more exciting...

Don't tell me - Punters having to sit wearing vests? Dominoes? Shove ha'penny? Horseracing on the telly and a bookie's opening next door? :rolling:

Good luck to the owners, from what I've seen (photos only, so far) it is certainly "different" and a bit of a "haven" if you are looking to get away from boy bars. It's somewhere I might spend a couple of hours in of an afternoon (if anywhere opens in the afternoon in Jomtien these days)

:occasion9:

Koh Samui Luv
May 27th, 2011, 17:20
no boys

What? WHAT??? NO BOYS??? And that makes it a great experience: to sit around with a bunch of old, shriveled up poofs?
And he's got some exciting plans when he gets back in July? I guess he will be installing self-flagellation machines?
Oh yeah, I can see this is going to be a great place. Holy Shit! Now I've heard everything.

mahjongguy
May 27th, 2011, 17:39
Last night, from 7 to 9pm, I only saw one customer at the Pour House. He drank a while and then wandered over to Ganymede.

In some ways I get the concept for the Pour House, in other ways I don't. Yes, it would seem a good idea to have a simple gay pub, a hassle-free place to have a drink, possibly with a fellow farang of your acquaintance. But I can go to Ganymede or any other host bar and simply let the guys know that I'm not interested in their company. It's never a problem, as most of them would prefer to continue chatting with their fellow staffers anyway.

So, no, I don't think the Pour House really fills a noticeable gap in the Jomtien entertainment scene but it's different and that's worth something in itself. I wish them well, but I offer these two bits of advice:
- replace the pool table with a normal size bar table. The one they have is too small to take seriously. Might as well be a foozball table.
- whenever a customer walks in, make sure that they are greeted instantly and warmly, and served as quickly as possible. When a bar has one or maybe zero customers, how hard is that?

May 27th, 2011, 17:40
What? WHAT??? NO BOYS??? And that makes it a great experience: to sit around with a bunch of old, shriveled up poofs?

Gee it must be exciting living out there in the Alice,out near Uluru/Ayers rock or whatever they call it,no wonder your salivating for prostitutes.
As a matter of interest do you talk with the slow country drawl or is that just the wacky tobacky you smoke that's affected your brain? :hippy2:

Didn't Priscillia Queen of the Desert do a show in the Alice? I think there's a youtube vid somewhere of her meeting the locals with the slowwww drawl and same brain span.

Thai Dyed
May 27th, 2011, 18:03
Last night, from 7 to 9pm, I only saw one customer at the Pour House. He drank a while and then wandered over to Ganymede.
When a bar has one or maybe zero customers, how hard is that?

Hey, all you of little faith, just wait until Adam gets back in July with all those self-flagellation belts he's bringing for the bar patrons pleasure. He even has some in Billy's size, and will that be a sight to behold! But that will be a hard act to follow, and sure as hell, the place will be gone as fast as it came.

That's the new "zero customer" policy that's all the rage these days so Adam is just getting a jump on everyone else.

May 27th, 2011, 18:07
Well i thought it was a taxidermy machine Thaidyed,have you thought about using one and having yourself stuffed ?
Since your already a goose it shouldn't come as a shock son.
Ah you have to wake up early to beat me son. :iq:

I think the Jomtien complex gay business owners deserve a fair go,and you (two) ladies can knock the places,but these people start their business's and risk their capital to serve and entertain the gay communty. They deserve a fair go,especially as the knockers have never been there.
Why kick a bloke when he's down trying to do his best to get established?
If your going to knock the place at least you should have sat your butt in there,then you may have some weight to what your saying.

Mahjong had some good points not only in relation to the Pourhouse but other bars as well,get a decent pool table and while your at it,decent stools to sit on. :pottytrain2: at the moment i can only fit one cheek on a stool.

May 27th, 2011, 19:39
I wish it well as the new Aussie ghetto where all the loud and foul-mouthed antipodeans can gather; thus leaving the other venues in peace.

May 27th, 2011, 19:39
... at the moment i can only fit one cheek on a stool.

Hmmm, that's a problem.

However, I've found that by turning the stool upside down and then repeatedly impaling oneself on one of its legs , a thrilling and inexpensive afternoon can be enjoyed!

:hello1: :hello1:

May 27th, 2011, 20:02
:pottytrain1: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain1: I have tried it,but one stool leg wasnt enough.Your face might be ok though.

May 27th, 2011, 20:10
I completely agree with those guys that say there is no need for such a pub...it I want to go to an aussie pub I'd rather go to Australia first...it is like a lot of people I know who go abroad on vacation and the first thing they try to do is recreate the same environment they have at home...eating the same food, going to pubs and restaurants that allegedly serve they same food and beverages they can have at home and where they can meet the same people they problably are trying to get away from. When in Rome..... you know what they say ;-)

besides: no boys....is that supposed to be a plus?!??! ;-)

May 27th, 2011, 20:12
I wish it well as the new Aussie ghetto where all the loud and foul-mouthed antipodeans can gather; thus leaving the other venues in peace.

Oh I agree with you Roger,took the words right out of my mouth.They are ex convicts after all give them a bit of slack.
Roger as a matter of interest which Aussie didnt pull a kangaroo out of his hat and has obviously put a knot in your knickers?

May 27th, 2011, 20:18
I completely agree with those guys that say there is no need for such a pub...it I want to go to an aussie pub I'd rather go to Australia first

Is it Aussie bashing night tonight ? First it was the Russians now it's the poor beer drinking ,beer bellied aussies.
Fair Dinkum,give the bloke's a go.

springco
May 27th, 2011, 20:24
I completely agree with those guys that say there is no need for such a pub...it I want to go to an aussie pub I'd rather go to Australia first.
besides: no boys....is that supposed to be a plus?!??! ;-)

Exactly! Who travels to Thailand to drink at an Aussie pub with no boys? This place is dead in the water before it even begins. A complete joke.

joe552
May 28th, 2011, 05:30
What next? An Irish bar in Bangkok? An English bar in Pattaya? Surely not.

thonglor55
May 28th, 2011, 10:48
What next? An Irish bar in Bangkok? An English bar in Pattaya? Surely not.Quite outrageous. I'm told there are no Thai restaurants in your hometown too, Joe. Everyone must stick to their own country so that when we go abroad everything is a completely novel and unique experience.

lonelywombat
May 28th, 2011, 10:57
I completely agree with those guys that say there is no need for such a pub...it I want to go to an aussie pub I'd rather go to Australia first

Is it Aussie bashing night tonight ? First it was the Russians now it's the poor beer drinking ,beer bellied aussies.
Fair Dinkum,give the bloke's a go.

What was the name of the Ozzie pub in walking street, where you bragged about sitting there throwing cans at the poofs walking by.

Rene
May 28th, 2011, 12:04
Everyone must stick to their own country so that we we go abroad everything is a completely novel and unique experience.

You go abroad to "we we" Thonglor? No wonder you have everything so fucked up!
And when I travel to Thailand, it is for the boy whores, cute boy sluts, and boy prostitutes. Most guys don't travel half way around the world to Pattaya, no less, to have a fucking beer and to "we we".

thonglor55
May 28th, 2011, 12:39
You go abroad to "we we" Thonglor? No wonder you have everything so fucked up!But Rene, I was told you're an absolute master when it comes to golden showers - I'd have thought you of all people would appreciate the comment. However that's what comes of having a jug of Heineken with cornflakes for breakfast here at my bijou residence in Bangkok (no need for me to travel half-way round the world for a boy slut; I just log on to Gay Romeo). I was so disappointed that Justme hadn't contributed another episode in his long running saga that I got all confused in making a post - one which I have now corrected.