PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza after 2 weeks visit

Dani69
May 27th, 2011, 09:03
In Pattaya for the last 2 weeks with 2 more to go and I think one word suits Sunee Plazas beer bars "DEAD" pity I used to enjoy the place. As for Gogo Bars only one that has any life and farang is Mic My, KD empty on the 3 occasions I have visited same goes for Eros even Happy Boys up the road not as busy as days gone by .Nice boys busy on the odd night , Good boys and Tom Yum I dont frequent -Rumour has it Euroboys will re open in a few months -God I hope so -used to be one of the best around.
Going back to the Beer Bars -Corner Bar-Plastic Chair Bar on the opposite corner -Yaya Bar and Rainbow bar seem to be the busiest .Also La Copa Bar seems to have a steady stream of Farang playing with the boys (pool/snooker) .Tried Montys twice now and not busy but its low beer prices I think will be a hit when a few more Farang finally decide to come back to the Sunee area.

May 27th, 2011, 09:30
The mamasan's a little pushy at Mic My,but each to their own i suppose,i prefer to stick with my two boyfriend's go go bars,KD and HP.

TravellerDave
May 27th, 2011, 13:42
I was in Pattaya 2 months ago and and going again in a month. I found it very quiet and think it sad that the area has declined over the last few years with many of the bars and gogos now closed. I hope EuroBoys re-opens as the format was great. I loved those white lace-up speedos the boys wore. Some very sexy boys worked there.
The attractiveness of the boys on the Eros website was not reflected in the reality.

thonglor55
May 28th, 2011, 10:50
I hope EuroBoys re-opens as the format was great.I wonder why none of the current bar owners in Pattaya have attempted to emulate it as it was, so you say, so successful.

May 28th, 2011, 16:20
I hope EuroBoys re-opens as the format was great.I wonder why none of the current bar owners in Pattaya have attempted to emulate it as it was, so you say, so successful.

Maybe they don't like the idea of prison food?

:rolling:

paperboy
May 28th, 2011, 17:21
hello
im here now, yes everywhere dead, but i prefere it like that, more choice hahaah
was in KD was only customer, the 3 bars for me are la cage , great boys and happy hour then corner bar, great looking point for all the talent and good size drinks there, and a few sexy boys too, the the forrest bar to finish off the night, love this bar,
will give a report after my holiday, but so far great, and had some lovely boys of GR too
its great to be thailand

oh yes, the beach is dead, never seen a beach so quiet and very very few boys and sellers there too

paperboy

May 28th, 2011, 18:47
Paperboy thanks for the update,I suppose being low season,just the same as many places of the World right now,it's understandable.
But still many of the former Go Go bars have not re-opened and still many businesses have closed in recent years there.

My favourite was the former "Monty's Pool Bar,long gone but a icon of Sunee Gay history.
I use to have a good friend there who I use to talk to a lot,actually he was one of the animals that Monty used to have,The Zebra,but yes Sunee was far different back then but still things change i suppose.

May 28th, 2011, 19:22
Trouble is, on the evidence I see every day, the traditional "low season" now encompasses 11 months of the year.

Only in mid December - mid January when Pattaya is invaded by unfortunate homosexualists who have no family or friends to share the festive season with, can trade be described as being in any way "high" - and even that is a pale shadow of what it was 15yrs ago.

The current "high season" is the "low-season" of the 80's/90's

:occasion9:

May 28th, 2011, 20:22
And why is it so different from 15 years ago?

The gays are dying off and new generations arent arriving perhaps? What are the reasons ?

Do the World gays even know about Pattaya?

Recently i was chatting to a mature male in his 60's one afternoon in a gay pub in here in farangland and he had not heard of Pattaya,so how many are like him?
Shouldn't the whole Gay business Community in Pattaya have a committee that can promote it overseas.
Wouldn't it be constructive to have a committee/board with business owners and trying to bring in business and let the World's gays in Sydney,London etc know about it?

May 28th, 2011, 22:28
If it was such a success, why did it close in the first place?

May 29th, 2011, 15:19
Possibly other things than financial? It seems they are still paying rent on the premises.
Euroboys go go was small but the interior was great,chains hanging down from the ceiling ,glass walls etc.
It was possibly still is for sale,was wanting 1 million baht i believe.

Another great go go was Jimmi James,still closed since 2009,for sale 2 million baht.
If the customers are not coming its hard to pull in the money to keep it open.
Unlike boystown ,Sunee is a place where there are no general tourists so you are only relying on those custom who make the effort to specially go there.

TOQ
May 29th, 2011, 15:43
Paperboy thanks for the update,I suppose being low season,just the same as many places of the World right now,it's understandable.
But still many of the former Go Go bars have not re-opened and still many businesses have closed in recent years there.

My favourite was the former "Monty's Pool Bar,long gone but a icon of Sunee Gay history.
I use to have a good friend there who I use to talk to a lot,actually he was one of the animals that Monty used to have,The Zebra,but yes Sunee was far different back then but still things change i suppose.

If I recall correctly at one point the gifaffe and the zebra had a fight over your attentions.

newalaan
May 31st, 2011, 23:26
Rather than start a new thread I'll just tag it onto this sunee thread.

Anybody know if the late night/early morning venue TNT has re-opened? It was intention to finally visit it on my up-coming trip.

colmx
June 1st, 2011, 01:55
My Spies tell me that T&T is now re-opened....

But is not open every night... depends on the way the wind is blowing!

So you will just have to visit and take a chance...

And don't forget to post a report! :protest:

newalaan
June 2nd, 2011, 15:33
depends on the way the wind is blowing!That just about sums up how I go about making decisions on where to go on any particular night during the Pattaya visit.
And don't forget to post a report!Certainly won't. Only definite plans so far is a booking at Mosaik again and visits to Happy Place, La Cage and TNT the rest is on a take it as it comes basis.

As always, I'm open to any late night/after hours nightclub/disco suggestions anyone might have.