PDA

View Full Version : Sunee needs a lift up

May 26th, 2011, 19:44
I wonder how Sunee bars are surviving,gee one night recently i watched several bars have NO customers at all.
P Bar,What Else Bar and Three Zone,not to mention ones i didnt see.

Sure these are small one shophouse bars but the rent must still be paid.
Too many small bars so close to each other all offering the same prices,same boys,same everything.
Jimmi James closed still for sale ,Euro boys closed still for sale.Former Treets Shophouse for lease,6 rooms on top and may other vacant shops for lease too including a double shophouse.

Ok P bar is a straight bar opened Nov 2010 lease for sale 150k,What Else bar has the usual boys sit outside and virtually no customers whilst some bars,the green chair bar in the corner has customers and is busy most nights,when i say busy by thai standards,probaly be the busiest bar profit wise anyway in Sunee Plaza,low overheads and high volume.
How do some other bars pay rent is beyond me.
The area doesnt seem exciting,no color,just dark and gloomy.
I guess this is the areas owners fault rather than the tenants.
Walk around Soi Bookcow up near at the back of xcite disco and you will see intiative ideas,girls dancing in the window,theme go go bars etc.

Sunee needs some sort of business chamber of commerce,a committe who want to think of ideas, maybe street parades,etc,but it seems ever man for himself.
Maybe other business's would do better there,a deli ? good coffee house? bookstore? community activities type club?
Far too many bars,there just aint enough gay customers.
There doesnt seem money in gay business,if there was you can bet your life the russia mafia would be there but no.

As for the Ladyboy Bar Famous bar they should of opened in the straight areas,wont be long before they go too,just like Cats did.

Maybe needs some sort of facelift too,time for a change but who wants a change when possible redevelopment of the area is happening.
Yes tear it down,build condo's....wont be long as the developers keep making offers....who knows but definetely within the next 10 years.

May 26th, 2011, 20:55
I agree with your observations:

Too few punters
Too many bars
Too much similarity between most of the bars.
Too many Arabs!
Even the cheaper beer doesn't make up for it.

When I visit Sunee nowadays, 2hrs is about the most I can take.

:occasion9:

Up2U
May 27th, 2011, 00:10
You think Sunee has problems just go to BT. The OP has answered his own question though; small staff, low rents, low overheads makes survival possible. I visited Street Life in BT last February (high season?) and was the only customer, walked by Panorama and there were 4-5 customers (8:00 pm.), the Ambiance coffee-shop had zero customers. The question is how do these BT places survive with their presumed high overheads.

May 27th, 2011, 00:21
There is one venue (loosely in BT) which is apparently packed "most" nights.

If I name it, I will be accused of picking on the unofficial owner.

But it seems that lower booze prices is a factor - something I applaud.

:hello1:

May 27th, 2011, 00:30
Most boystown venues are not paying rent,the buildings are owned.
Ambience Group now use aggressive marketing now even targeting the straight market.

As for Unkie Buckie and his happy place,he gets a lot of "walk by's" as customers rather than just gay men.
He is in a very good positiion.
He wouldn't financially survive if he was in Sunee.

kittyboy
May 27th, 2011, 01:08
I agree with your observations:

Too few punters
Too many bars
Too much similarity between most of the bars.
Too many Arabs!
Even the cheaper beer doesn't make up for it.

When I visit Sunee nowadays, 2hrs is about the most I can take.

:occasion9:

I can stand sunee for 5-6 hours then I have to stagger back to my hotel. God how anyone could stand the place for any longer is beyond my capacity for understanding.

cameroncat
May 27th, 2011, 06:03
Hmm... Last time I was in BT (which was in December), you couldn't find a seat at Panorama after 8pm. Going back for a few days this coming December. Guess I'll see if things have changed. My only lasting impression from my last trip to Pattaya was all the rude Russian tourists. Especially the over 50 Russian women going topless in the gay beach area. Yeech! :tongue3:

May 27th, 2011, 08:36
It has gone back into a very slow season again and while we used to be pretty packed almost every night, I would say that we average about 12 customers at a time.
We do draw from passerbys and we do refuse most Russians as they just dont seem to know how to behave when out on the town. new Arab type of luncheon snack place I believe has opened down near Wild West Boys. So who knows what is going on for sure. We still have enough customers to sustain ourselves.

May 28th, 2011, 22:42
BT dead? I tried to get into Copa bar last night, and was turned away on the door because it was full? or maybe they just didn't want me in there?

May 29th, 2011, 04:11
BT dead? I tried to get into Copa bar last night, and was turned away on the door because it was full? or maybe they just didn't want me in there?

Maybe you own it, and you are trying to promote a business???

just a cynical thought!................ :love4:

gaymandenmark
May 29th, 2011, 04:54

Maybe you own it, and you are trying to promote a business???

just a cynical thought!................ :love4:

Turned away? to drunk?

May 29th, 2011, 07:47
Copa full in May?

Something strange there - must be an exceptional event.

Welcome back Kevin - hope you're prepared for a completely unjustified assault by the Happy Place rottweilers - aka Beachlover, Justme, and Newalaan for allegedly "changing your mind"and remaining registered on SGT!

Surely they are at least consistent and it's not only me they criticise? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Will be intertesting to see how they spin this one - come on girls, give us your stuff!

LMFAO.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

May 29th, 2011, 10:38
Hi,

It's very easy. I changed my mind!

I was bored, I won't be entering into any personal attacks on any posters Scotty nor be drawn into any arguments. In fairness to me I did my best to keep my head down and out of the way with all the spats that took place.

However, I do find certain information, when the board is running at its best, both useful and helpful and on occasions, witty. :love4:

I am a big boy and can ignore or defend myself if people choose to launch personal attacks for no good reason and I have been known to apologise when I have been in the wrong or out of line.

Anyways Scotty, why would anyone on the board possibly want to criticise such a nice guy like myself?? :dontknow:

jolyjacktar
May 29th, 2011, 15:51
Maybe Kevin cause you can speak better Thai than they do. :8(

May 29th, 2011, 16:24
See Kevin is a nice chap who up front said,Hey guys, I changed my mind. He did not make it concrete and then try to wessel out of it by denying he ever meant it in the first place ike someone else. Its ok to change your mind. Many people do it. You did it but wanted to hide what you did and why. It ws because you were terrified that I would buy the board ansd see who you really were!! :sign5: "Help, delete me quick Mr. jinks and erase everything I have ever said and my account". Quick before the big fat man buys the board and my real identity is out! HELP!
:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

May 29th, 2011, 17:17
A response has been posted on the Global Forum thread

newalaan
May 31st, 2011, 23:14
kevin - hope you're prepared......a completely unjustified assault by Newalaan for allegedly "changing your mind"and remaining registered on SGT!Excuse me! don't drag me or kquill into yet another one of your bitching, trouble-making, shit-stirring posts. Assault??...boy you really are THE dramaqueen....I pointed out a FACT....you resigned! then you "changed your mind" no assault, no untruths, just the facts...Nor the pathetic convoluted mish-mash of embarrassing ramblings and half-hearted attempts at a believable reason for your continued attention-seeking [RE]appearance here.

Kevin up front said,Hey guys, I changed my mind. He did not make it concrete and then try to wessel out of it by denying he ever meant it in the first place See how easy it is to keep credibility scottish-guy?....just tell the truth as your new best-pal, Kquill did. Not sure why you would think kquill would be considered in the same league as you in terms of objections to a return to the forum. You being a sniping troll who everybody is happy to see the back off, and kquill who, in the main, posts reasonable comments and certainly not trolling or looking for a fight. Of course the newest best-pal you have hooked onto is far too polite to tell you to sling your hook.

It's very easy. I changed my mind!
am a big boy and can ignore or defend myself if people choose to launch personal attacks for no good reason and I have been known to apologise when I have been in the wrong or out of line.This whole concept is alien to scottish-guy. Much better for drawing attention to yourself is to announce a dramatic departure,then when that has been totally ignored by all, make a another, just as dramatic entrance to announce you have in fact never been away, but stretch it out over as many posts as you possibly can to get full value in terms of attention-seeking, firstly by stating in about half a dozen posts you DID NOT in any way 'change your mind' and then take up another few posts to drag out your limp attempts at a credible explanation for your u-turn.

Then on your return pick as many arguements and fights with as many members as possible, wasn't it five, just in one thread? I see Gaybutt has set up a thread exclusively for LMTU to contain all his nonsensical ramblings and save him from polluting the rest of the forum, could TheMod take a similar road here by altering the justme v scottishguy thread to <"editedbytonyfromkent" and scottish-guy ramblings> , stick into the global forum and it might encourage some of those who only read the gay thailand forum here to post some more, without the fear of irritating, off-putting inane sniping and trouble-making.

May 31st, 2011, 23:17
Why don't you go and phuq yourself Newalaan.

That's all.

Was that brief enough for you, petal?

Beachlover
June 8th, 2011, 23:28
Sunee Plaza is the sleaziest and creepiest slice of Shitsville.

Turned away? to drunk?
Too demented. Devilsadvicate is LMTU.

"Help, delete me quick Mr. jinks and erase everything I have ever said and my account". Quick before the big fat man buys the board and my real identity is out! HELP! :
ROFL :rolling: