PDA

View Full Version : Co-Owner/ Manager M's Birthday Bash May 31 Tues Happy Place

May 23rd, 2011, 14:51
Please join in the fun, festivities and birthday celebration when M co-owner/manager celebrates his birthday.
There will be lucky numbers at various times during the night with prizes as well as a Free Buffet and cake. The boys are working on a special show for M.
Please come join us that night.
Thank you!

thonglor55
May 23rd, 2011, 15:18
Please join in the fun, festivities and birthday celebration when M co-owner/manager celebrates his birthday. There will be lucky numbers at various times during the night with prizes as well as a Free Buffet and cake. The boys are working on a special show for M.Any chance that a naked M could come bursting out of the cake?

May 23rd, 2011, 16:10
I am not sure but he does one hell of a sexy boy show and he promises a special one that night. I have not seen what the boys are planning although they usually dont tell me anyway. The show is not my forte' so I try to leave it to them. I know all the new costumes just arrived and they look very good.
Take care Thonglor and hope to see you at the party!

jinks
May 27th, 2011, 13:11
Nice piece of publicity in the new Out Magazine.

[attachment=0:1aq4txf9]Mbday.bmp[/attachment:1aq4txf9]

May 27th, 2011, 15:03
Thank you jinks.
Happy Place was purchased for the purpose of training my boys to hold a job and be responsible. M designed the entire interior layout, colors, materials etc. He is quite talented and I am very proud of him. Nightly he strips down to join the sexy boy show and I am told this one will be special. maybe he WILL pop out of a cake naked. Not sure. While we are no longer together as a couple, per se, we are quiet close freinds and he will at some point take over the entire bar when he is ready.
I hope everyone comes to help us celebrate his birthday.

James Barnes
May 28th, 2011, 13:17
I have been hearing great things about Happy Place Bar which must be a reflection of how much effort the owner/s have been putting in. Sadly, I will not be in Pattaya for the party but next time I'm in town I will certainly pop in.

Meantime, Happy Birthday M- I'm sure it will be a memorable night.

Best wishes,

James.

May 28th, 2011, 14:26
HI Jimmy used to love ya singing back when you were with cold chisel in the 70 s and 80s.

May 28th, 2011, 17:43
I loved the big Ladyboy doing handstands in one of your shows,she's great.
You have some fantastic guys Unkie and I always love you. Shalom :love4:

Hope the $$$$$$$$ roll in to help out as i know this bar does a fantastic job in helping out the thai kids with no parents,i do forget the name of the orphanage but anyone knows that this bar does fantastic work for the kids home.

Has anyone here played unkie buckie's last 20 baht game?

May 28th, 2011, 22:33
I loved the big Ladyboy doing handstands in one of your shows,she's great.
You have some fantastic guys Unkie and I always love you. Shalom :love4:

Hope the $$$$$$$$ roll in to help out as i know this bar does a fantastic job in helping out the thai kids with no parents,i do forget the name of the orphanage but anyone knows that this bar does fantastic work for the kids home.

Has anyone here played unkie buckie's last 20 baht game?

Fat Ladyboy doing handstands, isn't that in The Copa?

May 28th, 2011, 22:43
Kast 20 baht game? emind me.

The fat ladyboy at the Copa was a knock off of the original one who did it when it was Throb abd Splash years ago.
We were able to bring the original fat lady doing hand stands back for several months but unfortunately she wanted to go back into retirement.
That's the way it goes. They are here one day and gone the next.
:dontknow:

May 28th, 2011, 23:00
Kast 20 baht game? emind me.

The fat ladyboy at the Copa was a knock off of the original one who did it when it was Throb abd Splash years ago.
We were able to bring the original fat lady doing hand stands back for several months but unfortunately she wanted to go back into retirement.
That's the way it goes. They are here one day and gone the next.
:dontknow:
So the fat one in Copa has been there how long? as far as i can recall, many years?

May 29th, 2011, 00:34
So the fat one in Copa has been there how long? as far as i can recall, many years?

The current "fat" one in Copa has been there only 4 or 5 years I would say (I'm guessing though) - it was the far superior one (whom Justme subsequently hired) before her.

joe552
May 29th, 2011, 02:53
I have to admit I'm struggling with the concept of a "far superior fat ladyboy". Maybe I've been away from Pattaya for too long?

May 29th, 2011, 07:56
I have to admit I'm struggling with the concept of a "far superior fat ladyboy". Maybe I've been away from Pattaya for too long?

She could get her legs further behind her ears, dear - surely you can identify with that!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

joe552
May 29th, 2011, 17:45
Indeed, scotty - I was once much more athletic than I am now - those were the days!

May 30th, 2011, 07:13
As a matter of interest what will the buffet consist of ?
Does anyone else notice it's relatively the same thing at every buffet.

When are they going to start having stuff like Matzo Ball soup?

The good thing about Unkle Buckie is most times he listens to his customers and it's a no hassle go go bar and that' I like about Happy Place instead of walking into a go go bar and having them asking you 25 times which boy you like,just like happened to me once and once only in dream boys in Pattayaland ,which i think has closed and no wonder.
The other thing about HAPPY happy happy place is that the boys are not allowed to ask the customers for a drink,really im not sure if this is such a great idea,because some people are shy and wait for the boy to ask them.Look,if i had the go go bar I would make sure my staff upsells the customers drinks,but each to their own and Unkle Buckie prefers to keep his customers rather than try to pressure them i guess.
No I just feel safe there knowing they have an ex wrestler sitting by the door.

May 30th, 2011, 07:35
Tony, I am NOT 100% sure but I think it was Dynamite that closed, next door and upstairs but not Dream Biys. I could be wrong.
as far as the buffet? Well I am sorry but Matzo Ball soup is out but I am sure you will be able to eat til your full at out buffet. We are having a nice change of menu at out June 28th party which will be our 1st anniversary.

May 30th, 2011, 08:07
Ok trying to remember thre scheduled menu for M's Birthday Bash:
I know there is a pig roast
40 chickens
curried potatoes
large curried spring rolls
sweet and sour fish (snapper)
cottage pie
fruit

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 10:52
Ok trying to remember thre scheduled menu for M's Birthday Bash:
I know there is a pig roast
40 chickens
curried potatoes
large curried spring rolls
sweet and sour fish (snapper)
cottage pie
fruit

That looks like your meal . Im sure that will keep you happy. What is on the menu for your customers?

May 30th, 2011, 21:55
I last went into the bar when it was called something like Bubbles back in 2000. My tastes are a little more "colourful" these days so I think I might just pop by for the party :headbang:

May 31st, 2011, 05:26
Bubbles, Crystals, and others were a different owner. The place was remodeled, new lighting and sound. Totally different concept.

witchhunt
May 31st, 2011, 07:50
Will there be a locked door show tonight Sounds interesting now that soi 1 has gone modest.

thonglor55
May 31st, 2011, 09:23
That looks like your meal . Im sure that will keep you happy. What is on the menu for your customers?Is JustMe a great example for us carnivores? At least we can see he's not one of those self-righteous vegetarians. I'm not sure why such people claim moral superiority when their diet consists solely of the wombs and foetuses of plants.

James Barnes
May 31st, 2011, 10:47
Happy Birthday M! :occasion9:

May 31st, 2011, 13:56
Thanks for the Birthday wishes James, I will pass it on to him. He is the smart one, he doesnt read this forum! :sign5:

As far as a locked door show? I have never and will never be involved with the aspects of the show EXCEPT if I see customers bored or walk out.
Actually, I take that back. There is a new finale to the show and I was the one who remembered it from years gone by from the old Throb and Splash and brought it back with some new revisions. They have told me that there is a special show on tonight and I have not seen it. It will be a first for me also. Bebe our new show manager that we have had for a few months and the boys promise me a good one. We will see!

May 31st, 2011, 14:16
T\Thanks for the Birthday wishes james, I will pass them on to him. He is the smart one, he doesnt read this forum! :sign5:

As far as a locked door show? I have never and will never be involved with the aspects of the show EXCEPT if I see customers bored or walk out.
Actuslly, I take that back. There is a new finale to the show and I was the one who remembered it from years gone by from the old Throb and Splash and brought it back with some new revisions. They have told me that there is a special show on tonight and I have not seen it. It will be a first for me also. Bebe our new show manager that we have had for a few months and the boys promise me a good one. We will see!

Wheeeeeee...eee,

You still remember Mark and I.

I am glad the shows doing OK for you and the bar.

Happy birthday to M and remember you can't do closed door shows or advertise them here or the BIB will be at the door knocking for an arrest or the folding stuff!!

Mind you, you are no fool..... :8(

Quick thank you to the boards owner/moderator, they know why!! lol

June 1st, 2011, 09:09
M and I would like to thank everyone that came out for his Birthday Bash on the 31st. The boys, in my opinion went all out with a spectacular special show and the entire staff worked exceptionally hard to please the full house of guests we served. We apologize to those 18 or so we just could not fit in and we hope that you will rejoin us on another night.

Remember, our BIG celebration will be June 28th when we celebrate the 1st anniversary of Happy Place with a free champagne toast for all, gifts for all the staff and 6 lucky customers! (Lucky draw). The buffet is being planned and will exceed last nights super buffet and the show boys once again will put on a special show.
For those that could not get in last night, next time please come earlier, and for those that did make it in and those that missed the party last night? Well that tells you that you'd better get there early!!

I am sure pictures and stories of the event will follow on the internet and in the publictions.

Thanks again for a spectacular night!!!
:love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

June 1st, 2011, 15:44
Thanks for the party - I popped in around 11.30pm for about 30 minutes (phone call - had to meet someone elsewhere) and the party seemed to be very popular. I managed to get a seat OK although there did appear to be more female customers than male. Grub was good and I will be back as there did seem to be a few performers that fit my particular bill :sunny: One question though: the radio ad plugging the place says drinks are 99BT yet I was charged 120Bt per beer. Am I missing something?

June 1st, 2011, 15:48
Thanks for the party - I popped in around 11.30pm for about 30 minutes (phone call - had to meet someone elsewhere) and the party seemed to be very popular. I managed to get a seat OK although there did appear to be more female customers than male. Grub was good and I will be back as there did seem to be a few performers that fit my particular bill :sunny: One question though: the radio ad plugging the place says drinks are 99BT yet I was charged 120Bt per beer. Am I missing something?

Erm, about 21 baht!! .................... :dontknow:

June 1st, 2011, 15:51
Comedy Gold. No, really...

June 1st, 2011, 15:56
Comedy Gold. No, really...

Only jesting!

June 1st, 2011, 16:06
Exactly - you won't get an argument from me on that one! :alc:

June 1st, 2011, 17:25
Grooveymac,
re you a full time resident of Pattaya as the promotion says?

June 1st, 2011, 18:37
So coy, I wanted to know how special the special how was. Might get away to Pattaya for mid year break but want to see plenty of cock.

June 1st, 2011, 22:47
So coy, I wanted to know how special the special how was.

One more time in English, please.

As far as the advertisement for 99 baht drinks, it is for full time Pattaya residents. This does not include those who come for vacation or those who travel hime part year.
Usually we extend it to full time residents of Thailand.

That being said reminds me of a bar owner of a popular go go bar here in Pattaya. Soi 3 and thats all I have to say. He went into the bar one night, had a few drinks. Was quite pleasant when he went in and the usual formalities. When he exited, he looked at me and said, "what about this ad on the radio?". I relied because I thought he was just trying to make conversation, "Yes, for Pattaya residents drinks are 99 baht". Then it turned ugly, him sticking out his hands like to say....and?! At that point I realized what he was trying to say. He was saying .... yes and I am a Pattaya resident...no? I then, getting the message asked him if he informed the waiter that he was a full time resident and qualified for the 99 baht price? With an angry humph he replied as if to say....My God, everyone should know me and give me that price! And with this he stormed off.

Well my freinds, my waiters speak English, its a requirement, but they dont read minds. If you dont SAY I am a full time Pattaya resident and I should get 99 baht drinks, they dont know.

June 2nd, 2011, 13:04
Yes I am a full time resident of Pattaya - but who's to say I am telling the truth? Want me to bring my housebook? :happy7:

I get your point but for the sake of 21Bt, I'd rather not look like a cheap charlie and give them the old conspiratorial "pssst... resident of Pattaya here" line - I was just under the impression from the ad that drinks were 99Bt. My mistake justme.

netrix
June 2nd, 2011, 13:50
yea i kinda agreee, it seems too trivial to argue over a .70 cents discount.

but if the ad works at bringing in business, what do you care where they're from?
i don't care how much a bar charges for their drinks, but they'd better be
consistent with their advertising. pull a bait and switch or make me jump
through hoops and be labeled a cheap falang and i'd rather pay twice as much
somewhere else. just sayin.

PinkSilom
June 2nd, 2011, 14:33
Does the dual pricing policy of this bar mean that the expat pays 99 baht for his gin and tonic and the visitor pays 150 baht?

June 2nd, 2011, 15:53
Does the dual pricing policy of this bar mean that the expat pays 99 baht for his gin and tonic and the visitor pays 150 baht?

Answers on the back of a Pattaya utility bill in your own name please!!!!

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 16:04
Does the dual pricing policy of this bar mean that the expat pays 99 baht for his gin and tonic and the visitor pays 150 baht?If you can afford to live somewhere other than Pattaya why wouldn't you? Beachlover has typified the Pattaya resident as
sleazy low-life dumb fuck creeps, bitching about their last prostitute failing to please them or something...

June 2nd, 2011, 16:10
No matter the bar, no matter the owner (both of which I no longer refer to directly) - I am all FOR the casual visitor/sex tourist subsidising the raddled, gin-soaked, degenerates known as ex-pats living in Pattaya.

After all, if it were not for we ex-pats keeping the boys fed and watered during the February to mid-November low-season, they would not be available for the casual visitor/sex tourist to hire during the 6 week high season.
To quote from "Carry on Henry" - think of the 51B subsidy as S.E.T. (Sex Enjoyment Tax)

I am sure all right-minded people will agree.
I urge the Wombat to commission a poll on the matter, and appoint Francois as the Returning Officer.

:occasion9:

witchhunt
June 2nd, 2011, 16:39
After all, if it were not for we ex-pats keeping the boys fed and watered during the February to mid-November low-season, they would not be available for the casual visitor/sex tourist to hire during the 6 week high season.
To quote from "Carry on Henry" - think of the 51B subsidy as S.E.T. (Sex Enjoyment Tax)

That is the first time you have admitted you are an expat living in Pattaya rather than a frequent visitor.

There have been gaps in info with your fights with a bar owner, but I never realised this.

Maybe you are the BBQ lady after all!

June 2nd, 2011, 16:53
Now Now, let's not go off-topic

witchhunt
June 2nd, 2011, 16:58
Now Now, let's not go off-topic

That does not faze you on all other threads so why are you upset now.

How long have you been living in Pattaya or LOS in general as an expat.

Hehehe do you own a bar in soi 3 and please dont send me an invite to a BBQ.

You scottish men are a scream.

June 2nd, 2011, 17:41
Netrix and others:

My bar does not pull a bait and switch on ANYONE, and I really resent that implication as you probably have not heard the advert on the radio.
It clearly states that Pattaya FULL TIME RESIDENTS get their drinks for 100 baht. This advert was intended to pull in those people who are here all the time Pattaya and visit the bars more often in the particular area that the bar is located.
Secondly, in my earlier comment, I asked if the person in question told the waiter that he was a full time resident and qualified for the special price offer.
I did not say he had to bring in his blue book, I did not say he had to even bring in his utility bill. If you are not a resident of Pattaya and want to lie about where you live or that you are full time for a small discount, then so be it, thats your problem.
As far as Scottish Guys comment, I believe that he and others have mentioned it before and I appreciate them pointing it out. Pattaya residents support the bar and the boys day in and day out. Week in and week out. Therefore a discount of sorts is offered to those who are living here FULL TIME and are probably living on a retired FIXED INCOME to give them a little break. But to call it a dual pricing policy, requiring people to jump through hoops and a bait and switch obviously means that you have not heard the ad or tried to take advantage of the discount. If you had, that would not have even crossed your mind!
I am sorruy, its unbelievable how people acuse before they even know anything about it!

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 18:38
... are probably living on a retired FIXED INCOME to give them a little break ...So visitors are not living on a fixed income? I thought that's what being a salary man meant.

paulg
June 2nd, 2011, 18:40
... are probably living on a retired FIXED INCOME to give them a little break ...So visitors are not living on a fixed income? I thought that's what being a salary man meant.

No only a slut who has a sugar daddy.

June 2nd, 2011, 18:47
Thonglor, you can make it sound any way you want. Its the same when a restaurant gives some customers a VIP card or a discount car, or for that matter a bar or any other type of establishment. Many estblishments try to give either some customers or a certain segment of a group of people a discount. We give a discount to those living full time in Pattaya. End of story.

June 2nd, 2011, 19:24
A general point:

Any business worth its salt will give repeat or regular customers some kind of incentive - whether it be a straightforward discount on goods or throwing in little "extras" like not charging for certain services.

The trick in doing this is to make the favoured customer feel "special" - a nod and a wink goes a long way and binds the customer closer to the business. He feels that you are doing this favour for him and him alone, or that he a valued member of a small, select group.

However, difficulty invariably arises if it becomes obvious to the "other" customers, that they are being charged more - this ought to be avoided at all costs.

As I say, a general point - approriate to the topic under discussion but not intended as a criticism or praise.

:occasion9:

paperboy
June 2nd, 2011, 19:26
hi everyone
well i went to the party, i had seen it advertised on here for a while and thought and said i would go, to happy place for the first time. Also that day Tuesday some boys gave me a flyer on the beach to go. It sounded and seemed to be a good night..
I have really never slaged aplace off here, or really ever had a bad word for anywhere
but
How wrong was i???
Found the place ok, big fat man with braces sitting out side, must be boss i thought and loads of food at the door, with a half eaten pig on the bbq, also thought boss have must startted without us hahahh.
Dont know why but I imagined the place bigger and different. Happy place is small and dinggy.
Got seated and then saw the family from hell in the place.They were sat right by the Door, must have been English, 2 ugly fat lesbeins stuffing there faces with plate after plate of food, shoutting to each other, and another lady must have been the mother to one, falling a sleep in the cornner, drunk.
Had my drink quick, never met birthday boy, was not interduced or felt .wellcomed
I never have a bad word to say, about anywhere
buti felt i had to say something about Happy place.
I for one will not be back
good luck

June 2nd, 2011, 21:20
hi everyone

Found the place ok, big fat man with braces sitting out side, must be boss i thought and loads of food at the door, with a half eaten pig on the bbq, also thought boss have must startted without us hahahh.

That's my boyfriend your talking about sweetheart ! If you think he's fat wait to you see me.

,Maybe he was busy at the time Paperboy,but you should of joined in and had a good time regardless of others.
It would make good business sense to introduce the Birthday boy to customers,im not sure why that didnt happen.
You have the right to your opinion and im sure Unkle Buckie will listen.

newalaan
June 2nd, 2011, 21:23
buti felt i had to say something about Happy place. I for one will not be backSo let's see.....your critique of this bar was based on the fact it did not match up to the one in 'your imagination' ,the fact that there was a large gentleman sitting at the door, that you did'nt care for some of the customers there, and finally because you were not personally introduced to the 'birthday boy' and so you won't go back!

Well, none of the bars I have ever been to match something in my imagination, a persons size means nothing to me when going to a bar, I ignore the rest of the western customers because I don't travel half way round the world to look, interact or be interested in other westerners. How about a comment about the staff, the drinks, the boys on stage.......presumedly that's why one would venture into a gay bar in Thailand? This also may come as a shock to you, but drunk customers can actually be found in bars serving alcohol, and as for the non-introduction, personally I'm usually quite happy if i'm not introduced to anybody in a bar I don't first have the inclination to meet, but it's certainly not something I would use as a measure of whether a bar was worth visiting or not.

I'm glad you felt you just HAD to say your bad word(s) about Happy Place, but unless I've missed something in your post, you have'nt actually mentioned anything about the bar itself apart from stating it was "OK" and it's size, which is the normal size of a one unit shopfront premises anywhere in Thailand.

What the size of the boss, the piggish qualities of some of the customers and whether a customer is drunk has to do with the bar itself is anybody's guess. If this is the criteria you use to decide whether a bar is worth visiting I take it you've stopped visiting bars completely because I can't think of any bar in Pattaya which won't have at least one or probably some of your objections....namely objectionable western customers, drunk customers, large people, and not having personal introductions.

Needless to say I reckon your post was just a dig at the bar and the owner for no reason other than sniping for the sake of it, nothing in your post had any real substance for criticising the bar itself, in my opinion only of course.

June 3rd, 2011, 00:35
Paperboy, thanks for your oh so kind words.
Yes, the big fat man at the door was the boss trying to keep motorbile taxi boys and guides and drunks in the street at bay so you could enjoy the food, which I did not hear you say anything about. As far as half the pig being eaten, you simply forgot to mention that the bar was packed to standing room only and everyone was enjoying the food.40 staff members and about 50 customers eating. M was at the door most of the night welcoming all to his party and inbetween was trying to manage his bar and then do then was in the show. at the end of the show, the birthday cake was brought out and M was the one who was up on stage blowing out the candles. You did have the opportunity many times to meet him and vice versa. He tried to say hello to everyone. The family from hell as you were so kind to speak of were 4 women vacationing here in Thailand and have been taking boys off every night as well as spending loads in the bar. Sorry to here that you wont be back but tht leaves open a spare chair to give one of the 18 that we had to turn away, two of which buy bottles at least once a week and were trying to get in but there was no room. Wish I knew how unhappy you were so one of them could have come in and taken your spot.
take care! :sign5:

PS Scottish guy....ALL of my customers are special. EVRY ONE OF THEM! Even Paperboy, you and Surf.

PinkSilom
June 3rd, 2011, 01:44
But to call it a dual pricing policy ... obviously means that you have not heard the ad or tried to take advantage of the discount.

You may not like the term 'dual pricing', but I assure you that is exactly what it is.

Up2U
June 3rd, 2011, 06:27
Don't try to make it sound negative because it's not. It makes business sense. Smart businesses often reward locals with discounts as they know these customers will return. Some Bangkok furniture stores give a 10% discount to locals, just show your Thai driver license, retirement visa, work permit, etc. Actually I'm surprised a BT bar would give a break to the locals here; certainly a good business decision and should be applauded.

June 3rd, 2011, 08:00
PinkSilom, the problem here is that I might understand it coming from a person who is not biased against the bar and just trying to cause problems. This is what you said on april 15th about the boys of my bar:

we don't all want a tattooed baht bus driver up to their armpit in our anus. Although I think it's very kind of you to give them somewhere to ply their trade.

It is unfortunate but most boys these dys sem to have tattoos even the ladyboys you can find in your local hangout. Not all of our boys have tattoos.
Same date this is what you said about the owner of the bar when I commented that Oscars could not even fix their front door step:

We are all entitled to our opinion, but please be aware that most of us are physically capable of lifting our feet high enough to clear a step.
AND to stay on SUBJECT:

The main things people want now is value for money . . . Many expats and regular visitors have an Oscars/Panorama membership card, giving them a 10% discount at the Caf├й Royale......
These cards are given away to people who pay 500 baht or are regulars.... I do believe that is what you just bashed ME about. Do you have one of those cards in your wallet?

netrix
June 3rd, 2011, 08:59
The family from hell as you were so kind to speak of were 4 women vacationing here in Thailand and have been taking boys off every night....

Please let us know which boys they off so we can avoid them at all costs.

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 09:19
The family from hell as you were so kind to speak of were 4 women vacationing here in Thailand and have been taking boys off every night....Please let us know which boys they off so we can avoid them at all costs.Exactly!!

June 3rd, 2011, 10:10
As both of you already know, the boys of Pattaya are both gay (and also go with women if the money is there) bi-sexual and straight (and go with men if the money is there). :dontknow: As is with Chaing Mei, Koh Samui, Bangkok and everywhere else in Thailand.

June 3rd, 2011, 13:00
.... Actually I'm surprised a BT bar would give a break to the locals here ....
What is a BT bar, please?

June 3rd, 2011, 13:09

Boyztown bar.

paperboy
June 3rd, 2011, 13:29
Hello
first i was not having a go at anybody, just giving my opion
also i think YOU are missing something here
I was invited to a birthday party
invited
i just did not pop in, drop in, go to look at go go boys all night
i was expecting a party
if you call that a party i would rather give up my seat to one of
your customers.
So really you invited me to spend money rather come to a birthday party
good luck :laughing3:

June 3rd, 2011, 13:52
I wasnt there Paperboy so i dont know what you saw or how you were treated.

I say there was a lot more to your story than your letting on ,maybe someone was unintentionally rude you I dont know.

Why dont you message "Justme " and make an appointment to see him and discuss how you felt during the party and see if you can try going again maybe on a quieter night.
Maybe you should message him and give some ideas about what you perceive a birthday party should be like.
If you felt like no one was taking notice of you then that is not good,i presume they were rushing around etc and not giving you the more personal attention that they would on a slower night.
I would go back again to see if the service has changed and then make up your mind.

June 3rd, 2011, 14:16

Boyztown bar.
Thank you Kevin.
And I was thinking it might be Bio-Terrorism, Blue Tooth or Breath Test but now I have found it on page 6 of the list of other BT abbreviations.
http://www.all-acronyms.com/BT

June 3rd, 2011, 14:17
Sorry to have opened that can of worms about the 99 baht drinks, Justme. I heard the ad again and know what you mean - it was just the price that stuck in my head not the conditions.

As for the party, it all seemed to be going swimmingly when I was there but I didn't see any show or have any idea when it was likely to happen - what time do they normally kick off? There were still seats available for punters at 11.30pm, plenty of bottles and mixers were being devoured, too many women in the audience (but hey they pay their way too) and the staff looked like they were on the ball service wise. I don't think the place is dingy (there are certainly far worse places in town!) and I may well return - but I doubt I would take advantage of the "Pattaya Resident" offer as I'd feel a bit of wanker trying to scrounge 40p off my drinks but that's just me, er, justme! :laughing3:

PinkSilom
June 3rd, 2011, 14:33
These cards are given away to people who pay 500 baht or are regulars.... I do believe that is what you just bashed ME about.

If these cards were given away to regulars, one could argue that the bar(s) had implemented a dual pricing policy. If however, everybody who has a card paid for it AND the offer was open to everybody, then one could argue that the bar(s) had not implemented a dual pricing policy.

You imply that these cards are given away to regular customers. I cannot state with any authority that this is not the case. However, several of my friends are 'regulars' and they paid for their cards. If you are aware of regulars who were given the cards then you have made your point.

Whether you say, 'I give expats a third off their mixed drinks' or 'I charge visitors a 50% premium on their mixed drinks' is quite irrelevant. The end result is the same.

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 14:41
... it was just the price that stuck in my head not the conditionsAnd anyone who advertises and thinks anything different is a fool and deserves all the bad press they get.

netrix
June 3rd, 2011, 14:51
http://www.oscarspattaya.com/privilege.htm

http://www.panoramapub.com/lifemember.htm

it's a great deal, and open to everyone. 10% off at a number
of places including Image Limo! Discount available immediately.
Good idea to promote business.

business owners often confuse Rewards with Incentives.
If you want to reward your regulars, that's your business...
But when you advertise and offer an incentive to everyone who
can hear the radio that special prices are available, well that's an
incentive to give that business custom. If you then punish the
customer you effectively incentivized by denying them your reward,
you're shooting your own dumb ass in the foot.

moral: get smart and incentivize everyone (yay!) or shut up
about your preferential treatment and keep it on the down low and
off the freaking radio.

June 3rd, 2011, 16:45
Netrix, if you would like to buy the bar, you may run it any way you like. I advertise it rto those residents who live here. Many places as someone else pointed out offer incentives to a certain group of people. I did.

PinkSilom, we GIVE the cards away to regular customers that we see on an ongoing basis. when you say you paid for a card, you are mistaking us with Funny Boys and Panorama where you PAY 500 baht in order to be a "VIP Customer". With us, a VIP customer is one comes to the bar regualrly and recieves a card free. We do not charge to be a VIP.

Grooveymac, thank you. The show starts at 10:30pm every night and ends about 11:15pm. Sorry you missed it and thats why there would have been some open seating. It was a special show as a tribute to M.

Paperboy, please show me an "invitation". We announcded a BIRTHDAY BASH. Free buffet which you took advantage of and there was a birthday boy, manager co owner M and I am sorry but you kind of imply that there was to be free alcohol also? My word! Many bars have parties for peoples birthday and they have buffets and shows etc. I dont see anyone giving away free al\cohol. The entire community was notified of this Birthday bash or Party whatever you may wish to call it. We called it a Birthday Bash and did not say on there that there would be anything more than what was on the flier. No wording saying you were "invited", no invitation, no mention of a party. It said "Birthday bash". Customers were treated to a Birthday, bitrthday cake, special show and a 15,000 baht buffet spread for free. I think you are misguided.

netrix
June 3rd, 2011, 17:03
Netrix, if you would like to buy the bar, you may run it any way you like.

no thanks, me and bigboy-tonyfromkent64 are gonna partner up and
take over Sunee, haven't you heard?

June 3rd, 2011, 17:07
Jeez justme,

No pleasing some people, they'll be expecting you to pay the boy for them as well and a free taxi home!.... :laughing3:

Cheeky buggers, some people!..... :dontknow:

There again, if you don't ask, you don't................................ :laughing3:

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 17:14
No pleasing some people, they'll be expecting you to pay the boy for them as well and a free taxi home!When does this offer start? Have I missed something?

June 3rd, 2011, 17:26
Hello

So really you invited me to spend money rather come to a birthday party
good luck :laughing3:

Well darling he's running a business,obviously he cannot afford to give everyone except me free drinks.
Some people have a cheek expecting free drinks because its a birthday party and they take that as a personal invitation.

June 3rd, 2011, 17:31
No pleasing some people, they'll be expecting you to pay the boy for them as well and a free taxi home!When does this offer start? Have I missed something?

Where's the queue line start...................... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

June 3rd, 2011, 17:45

Where's the queue line start...................... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Surely we aren't all queueing for the same boy?

I've heard of sloppy seconds, but ...........

:rolling: :rolling:

witchhunt
June 3rd, 2011, 17:58
No pleasing some people, they'll be expecting you to pay the boy for them as well and a free taxi home!When does this offer start?
Have I missed something?

No you have not,

but it is only available to expats that live in Pattaya or can pretend they are. Maybe you can get a lift down to Pattaya in a police car as you are unfamiliar with the place. How come you never post about Bangkok?

thonglor55
June 3rd, 2011, 18:22
Maybe you can get a lift down to Pattaya in a police car as you are unfamiliar with the place.Some of my best friends are Thai police officers.

June 3rd, 2011, 21:37
And they should be! :sign5: