PDA

View Full Version : Monty's new cafe gala opening I june free food cheap drinks

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 06:26
On gaybuttonthai, gaybutton and corner bar [owner] visited Montys and posted this review. It has already attracted a reply from jinks and will probably be a populat thread. In the interest of getting some positive news about Sunee and pattaya I have cut and pasted the review and include a link for those who wish to read further comments.

This evening TheCornerBar and I stopped in at Monty's. Monty sat with us and we had a long conversation. At the entrance is a large couch, along with several tables, chairs, and the bar, which is now fully stocked and ready to go. The toilet is also conveniently located on the ground floor as well. There is also a small stage in the back corner and Monty is planning some periodic entertainment there. He even mentioned that magician he would often have at his Jomtien location.

Food is also ready to go. He has both a farang food and a Chinese food menu. All the farang food selections are 150 baht apiece. Each selection comes with a salad and fries. He offers everything from hamburgers to a seafood platter. While we were there a customer ordered the seafood platter. It looked and smelled delicious and the customer gave it a definite thumbs-up. We don't know how Monty is doing it for only 150 baht.

Monty also has a Chinese food menu, with most items in the 90 baht range. Monty said he took Chinese cooking lessons while he was in Australia, hence the Chinese food menu.

There will be a computer downstairs and several upstairs for "hookup" use. It's going to be several more days before he's ready to open upstairs. Monty also has several ideas for attracting boys and freelancers to the bar. It was pointed out in another post that boys might be reluctant to come to the bar and especially reluctant go go upstairs by themselves. Monty wasn't born yesterday and he's been around the Pattaya boys long enough to know what he needs to do to attract them to the bar.

His drink prices are very low, lower than most bars. Monty said he's only making 10 to 20 baht on the drinks. He said he knows better than to try to get rich running a bar and that's not what he's looking to do.

TheCornerBar and I were quite pleased with Monty's and as far as we could tell, so were the other customers. And Monty is a very congenial host.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2936

thonglor55
May 22nd, 2011, 06:32
Does Monty give you a commission for all this brown-nosing?

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 07:14
Does Monty give you a commission for all this brown-nosing?

No, what is wrong in posting a positive thread, after all the negative rubbish that has been posted that has been the mainstay of this board this last 12 months.

Might I ask you to give a link to a positive post you have made recently about any venue in Pattaya, on this forum. I know it must be hard to go back through the hundreds of posts you have made over the last 6 months, to find one positive thing in your flood of posts. Be daring and try.

May 22nd, 2011, 07:25
If you're going to get on your high horse why not post your own review rather than riding on the coattails of others?

May 22nd, 2011, 07:29
Notwithstanding the review, who on earth would refer to himself as"The Corner Bar"?

Why not just use a real name?

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him,

except an undertaker maybe.

:dontknow:

witchhunt
May 22nd, 2011, 07:33
Notwithstanding the review, who on earth would refer to himself as"The Corner Bar"?

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him, except an undertaker maybe.

:

He posts on GB as Corner Bar similar as you do as scottish-guy ,and not your real name. Are you frightened on being stalked in Pattaya?

thonglor55
May 22nd, 2011, 07:43
Might I ask you to give a link to a positive post you have made recently about any venue in Pattaya, on this forum. That's a very easy - there are none. This Forum is about Gay Thailand and I live in Bangkok. I visit Pattaya infrequently. I know that for many posters Thailand = Pattaya and Pattaya = Thailand and I infer that you are one of them. If you bothered to check you will see that I recently posted an extensive, positive "review", if that is the word, of why a newcomer to Bangkok might choose the Tarntawan Hotel (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/need-advice-from-bkk-experts-this-hotel-t21067.html) (which is not in Pattaya, by the way). However, please persist in your fantasy that you are the only person who posts worthwhile and original items here.

May 22nd, 2011, 07:54
L-Wombat,
to tell you nicely,you seem to have some sort of obssession with this monty guy.I forget the saying but it goes something like you think the sun shines out of his ...
The majority of posters it seems on this forum dont really care too much for him.
You post threads continually about him.It does get a bit boring especially if you cut and paste from another forum that the majority of us couldn't care less about,otherwise we would go to that forum and read it ourselves wouldn't we?
And secondly how are you to know the OP of that post wanted it cut and pasted to here,did you take their feelings into account,did you ask them for permission,they may be livid to see it on here.
Now please dont take it the wrong way but do you see the point im making?

Rather than abuse other posters try to see what your doing your self.Im sure deep down you are a nice guy however.

luvthai-2
May 22nd, 2011, 09:46
Good Luck to Monty and his new venture.

Diec
May 22nd, 2011, 09:49

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him, except an undertaker maybe.

:

He posts on GB as Corner Bar similar as you do as scottish-guy ,and not your real name. Are you frightened on being stalked in Pattaya?

Scotty has every reason to be frightened, he did after all receive a mysterious phone call one night in his room where neither he nor his boyfriend could understand what was being said and had to flee his hotel room in fear of his life. We still do not know if that mysterious caller has ever been apprehended.

May 22nd, 2011, 10:07
Did you bring that up again about dear Scotty, Diec? Bad boy! Shame on you! :sign5: You know she is paranoid enough about me let alone those mysterious calls and stalking all the way to the Mercure by such evil people, out to do her harm! Or steal her meat! :sign5:

PS Monty, dont know who you might be but anyone who brings new life to the area, well good luck and hope you make a million! :hello2:

bucknaway
May 22nd, 2011, 11:06
I don't know if Monty is reaching back in time and simply opening the same type of bar he always opens or if this is something new. At any rate, I wish him all the best and I look forward to stopping by during my holiday.

anakot
May 22nd, 2011, 15:23
When I was in Jtmn a few months back I had a meal in the plaza where he used to have the Bar opposite Bondi (long since gone). Of course it was an empty shell so I am pleased to see that he is back in business somewhere in the area. Lets hope he has sorted out the lease and does NOT wait on tables but rather lets young shirtless men do the waiting jobs...

A great host and an interesting old fella

Good luck Monty!!

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 15:52
Monty is planning an opening on 1 June including a pig roast, if he can catch Billy.

Billy is back on this board again but may have has returned home to Sydney.

Surprise 1 June is Monty's managers birthday.

At the moment first floor not open yet, second and third floor are rooms for hire and top floor is undercover laundry area.

Monty did a chinese cooking course when back in Australia and is apparently very good. I hope the Thai cooks are good learners.

newalaan
May 22nd, 2011, 16:28
On gaybuttonthai, gaybutton and corner bar [owner] visited Montys and posted this reviewThanks for taking the time to post for those who do not visit GBT.
Does Monty give you a commission for all this brown-nosing?It's called helpful information, something this forum used to be well know for and which most of the posts were. Until that is you and your ilk decided to infest this forum with your flooding, sniping, unfunny boring repetitive JUNK
If you're going to get on your high horse why not post your own review rather than riding on the coattails of others?Instead of wasting your time with childish sniping why don't you produce ANYTHING helpful, your own review of an establishment perhaps? At least Lonleywombat is taking time and making an effort to post relevant information.
If you bothered to check you will see that I recently posted an extensive, positive "review", if that is the word, Well now, ONE informative post out of hundreds. How we will miss your extensive repertoire of interesting and helpful information when you finally decide to not to 'cross over' with the new owners.

I certainly hope Monty is successful as I would wish any gay bar or business in Thailand. I'm not sure just how popular it will be with the gay romeo crowd he seems to be aiming the bar at, mixing gay romeo punters, boys and customers has the potential for nicking eachothers contacts, or it could increase your contact base depends how you look at it. The main thing is it's a new, untried format and in this financial climate at least he is trying to offer something different from most of the other host/beer bars. So i say good luck to him too.

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 16:45
I have been asked exactly where it is. It was a bar a long time ago.

If you stand on the patio of La Cage you will see a small soi running between soi VC and soi 17. Montys is in that soi with a monster banner stretched across the soi so you cannot miss it.

One question I cannot answer ---- is the this the building that Ron with Monty's assistance had the hostel for boys with serious health problems.

thonglor55
May 22nd, 2011, 16:52
... when you finally decide to not to 'cross over' with the new owners.I realise that this may prove a huge disappointment to you but a careful reading of my original comment about crossing over was that I would not be crossing over to the new (or resurrected) Forum that Jinx had proposed; that is, I'm staying put. Doubtless this will result in a comeback from you along the lines of "ho, ho, ho looked how I've hooked old thonglor" but I've covered the nature of your hooks already in another thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/trolling-and-trawling-t21092.html). I realise my posts are a sad disappointment to all you high-minded folks but the Rhett Butler response to all that sort of thing is my text for today (and every day).

May 22nd, 2011, 17:31
I have been asked exactly where it is. It was a bar a long time ago.

If you stand on the patio of La Cage you will see a small soi running between soi VC and soi 17. Montys is in that soi with a monster banner stretched across the soi so you cannot miss it.

One question I cannot answer ---- is the this the building that Ron with Monty's assistance had the hostel for boys with serious health problems.

No, this is not the same building. That one is further down the soi on the same side. This is the building that Pattys was in for a couple of years

MiniMee
May 22nd, 2011, 18:01
So, from this 'positive review' our knowledge is enriched by these scant facts:

This new venue has tables, chairs, a couch and a fully stocked bar.
There is a toilet and it is located on the ground floor.
There is a small stage and entertainment is planned for a future date.
Various forms of Western and Chinese food are served.
The food looks and smells 'delicious' but the reviewer did not sample any of it.
The food is cheap.
Provision of computers is planned but they are not yet installed.
Boys will be encouraged to frequent the bar in the future.
Drink prices are low (no example quoted).

The reviewer was moved to conclude that he and his companion were 'quite pleased' by their experience and surmised that others might too express similar emotions. The reviewer reaffirmed his belief that the host is congenial.

As a review, and one that is heralded as 'positive', I feel that it has something lacking and I was left feeling somewhat disenchanted and despondent. I learned little about this latest addition to the pulsating night life of Sin City in the Land of Smiles beyond the functional and mundane prerequisites of any such entertainment venue тАУ but not it's location. The review contains even less in way of informed opinion or entertaining exposition so perhaps, in order to remain positive, we could conclude that it is a case of the less said, the better.

I was hoping for a something that would impress us all with the sense of excitement and anticipation that surrounds the opening of a new venue. Since it is branded as positive, I was expecting an article that would enthrall the reader with descriptions of the fresh d├йcor, the marvelous sound systems and the attractive and attentive waiting staff. We might have expected to be enticed by detailed descriptions of the ambience of the exotic orient created by the skillful use of aromatic teakwood furniture; plump silk embroidered cushions, lush palm fronds and carved screens creating intimate seating clusters with the sounds of gentle Thai classics wafting through the air. But perhaps this bar is in fact uber-chic with cool white ceramic floors and low level colored LED lighting and the latest chill-out lounge vibes satisfying our auricular needs. And yet the atmosphere might even reflect the rich subtleties of the Chinese cuisine on offer - the cook having been schooled in the art of it's preparation after all.

But there was none of that. Instead, by this perfunctory piece of prose, we were left to assume that this facility will just join the ranks of countless other drinking holes somewhere in the back streets of Shitsville, devoid of any character or charm and patronized by scruffy lonely individuals attracted by a host in their own likeness, for it is only they that will tolerate the tedium of his company at the bar, and he theirs. Whilst the talk will be of those halcyon days filled with afternoons by a pool full of street kids, international celebrity transvestite lip-sync cabaret shows, charity gala dinners, and cordon-bleu chefs in semi-retirement, the reality is that they are there for the low-priced drink and the hope that some of those kids from the pool might drop by again. But, as noted by the reviewer, the host was not born yesterday and he knows his target clientele. Far from demanding any sophistication or elegance, with obesity, incontinence and arthritis rife amongst them, his patrons will satisfied by the provision of a toilet on the ground floor.

newalaan
May 22nd, 2011, 19:19
So, from this 'positive review' our knowledge is enriched by these scant facts:Scant yet informative facts which offer a positive rather than negative review. The rest of your puffed-up, overblown pretentious post offers no real relevant or further information for the readers
Far from demanding any sophistication or elegance, with obesity, incontinence and arthritis rife amongst them, his patrons will satisfied by the provision of a toilet on the ground floor.Clearly if you have no intention of moving from your own world of sophistication and elegance to visit the bar to find out for yourself, one has to wonder why you actually bothered to post in the first place.

I have personally never met or seen Monty or even visited one of his businesses in all the years I have been coming to Thailand, and only know of him and his activities from forums such as this one, but given the huge change in sunee from when he did have bars there I think it only fair to give his new business a fair chance as would be given to any other new gay business without harking back to past happenings, which were in another time, things in sunee have changed much for the better since a few years ago I would say.

I realise that this may prove a huge disappointment to you but a careful reading of my original comment about crossing over was that I would not be crossing over to the new (or resurrected) Forum that Jinx had proposed; that is, I'm staying putA careful reading of your original comment would also reveal that you said you would NOT be crossing over to a forum with the same moderator as present, you made that quite clear. So if the present moderator stays on in his capacity which I sincerely hope he does, then obviously you won't be 'staying put' according to your very own words. It was the issue with the moderator you clearly cited as being the reason for not crossing over. Yet another squirming, waffling 'u-turner'.

looked how I've hooked old thonglorNot necessary on this occassion as your are doing a superbly excellent and laudable job of hooking and tying yourself up in your own knots. Highly amusing for the spectators. Care to dig yourself in even deeper? You still have time to offer another futile excuse for your u-turn, however you could just stand by your word and simply disappear when the takeover is complete as you said you would. I don't forsee much, or indeed any, resistance from the membership to such an undertaking .

Another self-obsessed drama queen to give a dramatic exit with a forum announcement, only to go back on his own words, change his mind and then offer up some pathetic excuse to justify his continued irritating presence. And yet another non-informative post to add to his tally.

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 19:24
I had a PM that undaughted posted a positive comment on GB.As he longer posts here- here it is

Just came back from having a drink with Monty at his new place. There is a nice bar, 4 or 5 tables, and a small stage. He is planning to open the upstairs soon as he just bought the furniture today. We talked about old times and how we missed them. He is confident and happy to be involved again in the Sunee area. We laughed at the speculation that the Soi is now is unsafe. I don't know what the future will hold but he remains the consummate optimist! He is anticipating a Grand Openning...roast pig etc. June 1st.

Brad the Impala
May 22nd, 2011, 21:05
I had a PM that undaughted posted a positive comment on GB.As he longer posts here- here it is

Just came back from having a drink with Monty at his new place. There is a nice bar, 4 or 5 tables, and a small stage. He is planning to open the upstairs soon as he just bought the furniture today. We talked about old times and how we missed them. He is confident and happy to be involved again in the Sunee area. We laughed at the speculation that the Soi is now is unsafe. I don't know what the future will hold but he remains the consummate optimist! He is anticipating a Grand Openning...roast pig etc. June 1st.

A post that rather supports Minimee's insightful comments on the attractions of the place to potential patrons. Despite previous references to furniture yet to be bought, it appears it does at least have four or five tables. Heavens, what an attraction. What next, chairs?!

Of course the place should be given a fair chance, but fair cuts both ways, and over hyping a venue that has yet to get it's furniture or staff sorted out, and advertises chinese food on the basis that the owner has had a week's course in chinese cooking is laughable!

When all is said and done, and when the furniture is sorted and there is something to put on the empty stage, and the computers are actually bought, the primary attraction sounds likely to be Monty, for those who like him, and it is clear that there are also a number of people who would cross the road to avoid him. Either way, the more you try to force him on people like a cross between Mother Teresa and Danny La Rue the more opinions polarise.

May 22nd, 2011, 22:42
Instead of wasting your time with childish sniping why don't you produce ANYTHING helpful, your own review of an establishment perhaps
Dear oh dear, I seem to have missed that rule that requires everyone to post reviews of establishments. If you would kindly provide links to 4 or 5 of your most insightful, fact-filled reviews, I could use them to draw inspiration to try and produce something approaching your level of eloquent reportage.

thonglor55
May 23rd, 2011, 03:37
Dear oh dear, I seem to have missed that rule that requires everyone to post reviews of establishments. If you would kindly provide links to 4 or 5 of your most insightful, fact-filled reviews, I could use them to draw inspiration to try and produce something approaching your level of eloquent reportage.Yes, it's amazing that someone whose proudest boast is that, when in Thailand he never mixes with Westerners - indeed, never exchanges a single word with one - but prefers the company of prostitutes, simply can't stop his hectoring of Westerners on this Forum to conform to his narrow opinion of appropriate behavior, like a clockwork Presbyterian lay preacher.
Another self-obsessed drama queen to give a dramatic exit with a forum announcement, only to go back on his own words, change his mind and then offer up some pathetic excuse to justify his continued irritating presence. And yet another non-informative post to add to his tally.Quite so.

newalaan
May 23rd, 2011, 03:49
Of course the place should be given a fair chance, but fair cuts both ways, and over hyping a venue Sorry Brad but I just don't agree it has been over-hyped. There have been a couple of straight forward, down to earth reviews and that's about it. Given that the thread is entitled Monty's new cafe, the thought that the simple act of posting on it about the topic can be classed as over-hyping is absurd. The only over-the-top posts here seem to be the negative ones, from those who have'nt even visited it yet. I don't really have an opinion one way or another about Monty himself as I dont know the man, but I still hope it, like any new gay business in Thailand succeeds.

Dear oh dear, I seem to have missed that rule that requires everyone to post reviews of establishmentsDear oh dear oh dear! You really are not the brightest are you Once In Awhile? that rule you seem to have missed is the very one you, yourself, applied to Lonelywombat. For gawdsake speak about thick as pigshit! Funny though.

If you would kindly provide links to your fact-filled reviewsIt's easy (for most) just click on a search of my posts, you'll find loads there. I realise you probably wouldn't manage much in the way of anything interesting as your strengths lie in the trivial sniping and petty-retort departments, but you could at least try.

May 23rd, 2011, 04:57
It's easy (for most) just click on a search of my posts, you'll find loads there.
I did search and you're right, I did find loads. No reviews but loads of your pompous, shrill rants. And while highly entertaining, not particularly informative, unless of course one is interested in watching a decent into madness.

newalaan
May 23rd, 2011, 05:13
I did find loads but loads of pompous, shrill rantsOh dear oh dear! it would seem you've clicked onto your own posts in error, I warned you were as thick as pigshit now didn't i? And here is some proof...............
watching a decent into madness.Now tell us again, is that a decent descent into madness, a decent madness or a descent into madness. You've gone and confused us again.

May 23rd, 2011, 09:00
is that a decent descent
A spelling error? That's your big witty retort? Even though I continue to lower the bar for you, I'm still left underwhelmed.
You best stick to pomposity and righteous indignation. You've no gift for wit or humor. Play to your strengths dear.

May 23rd, 2011, 12:21
You've no gift for wit or humor. Play to your strengths dear.
Oh that's brilliant, coming from you Once Is Too Much! You contribute nothing to this forum except sneyd remarks and condesendinfg remarks to so many SGF members it aint funny. I think you have sat out in the sun far too long and baked your brains?
:dontknow:

May 23rd, 2011, 12:48
You contribute nothing
How can anyone compete with your paranoid delusions of grand conspiracies perpetrated by certain unnamed Scottish people?

thonglor55
May 23rd, 2011, 13:50
You contribute nothing to this forum except sneyd remarks and condesendinfg remarks ...Is this a regression into the world of Middle English? I take it "sneyd" is the old form of modern English "snide", but "condesendinfg"? I've never seen the silent "f" used in such a context before. The silent "p" now - as in "sea bathing" - is almost too well known to bear comment, but "condesendinfg" for "condescending" is a new one on me. The history of the "f" sound itself is an interesting one. The cannibals in New Zealand pronounce "wh" as "f" and it's politically correct for all New Zealanders to use the cannibal pronunciation even when there's a perfectly good English pronunciation around. ("get whucked" is the written form of a favorite greeting). Those cannibals are revered in that country, being trail-blazers themselves in the fields variously of ethnic cleansing (the original inhabitants of the Shaky Isles were all murdered by them), conservation (they hunted the giant native ostrich, known as the "moa" to extinction) and urban renewal (their favourite form of settlement was the fortified village where they could defend themselves against other cannibal tribes seek to rape and pillage them). Such a wonderful example for today's society, don't you think? The local cannibal form of the Thai "wai" is blowing snot up each other's noses, apparently. Isn't Monty a New Zealander?

May 23rd, 2011, 18:59
Isn't Monty a New Zealander?
No, he Welsh.

jinks
May 23rd, 2011, 19:19
No, he Welsh.

Yes from Perth W.A. near to New South Wales :sex:

May 23rd, 2011, 21:16
No, he's Welsh.

Yes from Perth W.A. near to New South Wales :sex:

and if you ask him, he will tell you that he was born in Wales ... so he's Welsh.

May 23rd, 2011, 21:58
And if you ask him, he will tell you that he was born in Wales ... so he's Welsh.

So if I happen to have been born in lets say Thailand that makes me Thai right? Well at least it does coming from wherever you come from!

joe552
May 24th, 2011, 02:04
Combat, I think one's nationality flows from where one is born. If I were born in Thailand of Thai and Irish parents, I could claim dual nationality. But given that my parents were both Irish, my nationality is Irish. Btw, don't confuse nationality with citizenship, an entirely different state of being (or can be).

thonglor55
May 24th, 2011, 09:32
Combat, I think one's nationality flows from where one is born. If I were born in Thailand of Thai and Irish parents, I could claim dual nationality. But given that my parents were both Irish, my nationality is Irish. Btw, don't confuse nationality with citizenship, an entirely different state of being (or can be).It's also untrue that being born in Thailand makes you Thai. At least one parent has to be a Thai citizen. As I recall the US is the one of the few countries where anyone born within its borders is legally a citizen, irrespective of the status of the parents, courtesy of the 14th Amendment. There are stories from time to time of ethnic Koreans whose family has been in Japan for several generations being denied citizenship there because they are not ethnically Japanese. Not that Asians are racist, mind you. That's exclusively a disease of white people, usually men.

cdnmatt
May 24th, 2011, 17:51
Not that Asians are racist, mind you. That's exclusively a disease of white people, usually men.

Yeah, Thai people treating white foreigners differently because of their skin color & nationality? Absolutely never, I tells ya! Everyone is equal in the eyes of a Thai. You bet!

Beachlover
May 24th, 2011, 20:50
Ok, good on Lonely for posting the info here etc. (I have nothing against that) but this is hilarious.

I was hoping for a something that would impress us all with the sense of excitement and anticipation that surrounds the opening of a new venue. Since it is branded as positive, I was expecting an article that would enthrall the reader with descriptions of the fresh d├йcor, the marvelous sound systems and the attractive and attentive waiting staff.

We might have expected to be enticed by detailed descriptions of the ambience of the exotic orient created by the skillful use of aromatic teakwood furniture; plump silk embroidered cushions, lush palm fronds and carved screens creating intimate seating clusters with the sounds of gentle Thai classics wafting through the air. But perhaps this bar is in fact uber-chic with cool white ceramic floors and low level colored LED lighting and the latest chill-out lounge vibes satisfying our auricular needs. And yet the atmosphere might even reflect the rich subtleties of the Chinese cuisine on offer - the cook having been schooled in the art of it's preparation after all.
"Tell him he's dreaming"... This is a bar opening in the Shitsville's sleaziest strip.

this facility will just join the ranks of countless other drinking holes somewhere in the back streets of Shitsville, devoid of any character or charm and patronized by scruffy lonely individuals attracted by a host in their own likeness, for it is only they that will tolerate the tedium of his company at the bar, and he theirs. Whilst the talk will be of those halcyon days filled with afternoons by a pool full of street kids, international celebrity transvestite lip-sync cabaret shows, charity gala dinners, and cordon-bleu chefs in semi-retirement, the reality is that they are there for the low-priced drink and the hope that some of those kids from the pool might drop by again.
:sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

he host was not born yesterday and he knows his target clientele. Far from demanding any sophistication or elegance, with obesity, incontinence and arthritis rife amongst them, his patrons will satisfied by the provision of a toilet on the ground floor.
Can you write something like this everyday, MiniMee? I just pissed myself laughing! :rolling:

lonelywombat
May 25th, 2011, 06:24

A post that rather supports Minimee's insightful comments on the attractions of the place to potential patrons. Despite previous references to furniture yet to be bought, it appears it does at least have four or five tables. Heavens, what an attraction. What next, chairs?!

Of course the place should be given a fair chance, but fair cuts both ways, and over hyping a venue that has yet to get it's furniture or staff sorted out, and advertises chinese food on the basis that the owner has had a week's course in chinese cooking is laughable!

When all is said and done, and when the furniture is sorted and there is something to put on the empty stage, and the computers are actually bought, the primary attraction sounds likely to be Monty, for those who like him, and it is clear that there are also a number of people who would cross the road to avoid him. Either way, the more you try to force him on people like a cross between Mother Teresa and Danny La Rue the more opinions polarise.

Brad you have a history of anti Monty posts so your current post is not surprising. Monty has not made any of the posts himself .They have been made by people who regard him as a friend and a welcome change to the plasctic alternatives, People who are pleased to see him back in Pattaya.

No one is trying to force him on anybody. Montys name was in the header. Knowing your dislike of him I am surprised you read the thread although not surprised that you had to get another snide comment in.

BTW Montys will not be up to your usual standard. I am not sure where you stay but it must be in one of your old posts. Save us the trouble, where do you stay in Pattay if you ever visit.

Beachlover
May 25th, 2011, 22:32
Montys will not be up to your usual standard. I am not sure where you stay but it must be in one of your old posts. Save us the trouble, where do you stay in Pattay if you ever visit.
To save him the trouble, from his past posts, I think Brad is in a stable relationship and is not a fan of Shitsville and prostitutes...

witchhunt
May 26th, 2011, 06:49
Montys will not be up to your usual standard. I am not sure where you stay but it must be in one of your old posts. Save us the trouble, where do you stay in Pattay if you ever visit.
To save him the trouble, from his past posts, I think Brad is in a stable relationship and is not a fan of Shitsville and prostitutes...

Why does Brad bother then with this forum? Does he even come and visit?

Went to Montys for his all day breakfast and 99 baht excellent value. Happy hour Heineken beers 69 baht all day very competitive. Some posters want Hilton service and amenities but still want happy hour prices. Me I am not a 2 bob millionaire just someone who looks for good value . Not snobbish about plastic tables and chairs.

Smiles
May 26th, 2011, 16:12
" ... Monty is planning an opening on 1 June including a pig roast, if he can catch Billy Tonyfromkent... "
Best line on this less-than-positive thread.

witchhunt
May 26th, 2011, 17:49
hahaha Smiles it would be a f####### big pig roast that monty would thoroughly enjoy

May 26th, 2011, 19:23
I was there a couple days after he opened and it is a nice place. Drinks are his usual not so expensive and the food - if past experience is any indication - will be good and not expensive. Let's see how it goes for him but for me, I will be back. Good luck Monty

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2011, 00:25

Why does Brad bother then with this forum? Does he even come and visit?

I "bother" with this forum because it is about Gay Thailand, which many posters find is a larger topic than prostitutes and Pattaya. Have nothing against prostitutes and my bf and I have often found one to play with, when in the mood. I think that shitsville is a fairly accurate description of Pattaya however, and we've only visited once in the last eight or nine years. In answer to Wombat's question we stayed at Poseidon.

May 27th, 2011, 01:00
I find it amusing when snobbery is exhibited by gay men.

If they would just remember that they are regarded by very many (including some of their relatives, and work colleagues) as nothing more than filthy, degenerate, homosexuals who ought be be shot/castrated/locked up and left to rot, then they might better understand that living in Hua Hin or wherever does not in any way raise them above the inhabitants of Pattaya - except in their tiny minds perhaps.

Just a thought.

:occasion9:

kittyboy
May 27th, 2011, 01:01
I stopped by the other day for a couple of beer and some cat food....all in all a good experience...but I have low standards so I am often happy and amused when other people are miserable.

I believe the key to happiness in life is low standards and early dementia.

May 27th, 2011, 01:03
....the key to happiness in life is low standards and early dementia.

In that case I'm halfway to paradise already!

:rolling: :rolling:

gerefan2
May 27th, 2011, 06:24
You underestimate yourself as always...

May 27th, 2011, 06:33
You underestimate yourself as always...

Ok, maybe a bit over halfway - but when I finally arrive you can show me around.

May 28th, 2011, 06:46
THE VERY BEST OF LUCK MONTY, GO GET EM BOY!!

blazer
May 28th, 2011, 10:57
I find it amusing when snobbery is exhibited by gay men.

If they would just remember that they are regarded by very many (including some of their relatives, and work colleagues) as nothing more than filthy, degenerate, homosexuals who ought be be shot/castrated/locked up and left to rot, then they might better understand that living in Hua Hin or wherever does not in any way raise them above the inhabitants of Pattaya - except in their tiny minds perhaps.

Now isn't that the truth!

thonglor55
May 28th, 2011, 11:31

Just a thought.Not a particularly intelligent thought either; I never assume that anyone else's opinion of me is the standard by which I should judge myself and I don't see why you would either, scottish-guy. Beachlover made a comment the other day about the typical Pattaya resident and although it is one with which I concur I do not expect any single one of them to agree with me.
... sleazy low-life dumb fuck creeps living in a bubble in Pattaya, bitching about their last prostitute failing to please them or something

Thai Dyed
May 28th, 2011, 12:26
I never assume that anyone else's opinion of me is the standard by which I should judge myself

I agree with you on this one thonglor. Here is a photo a friend of yours sent to me of you with a bag of candy in Lumphini Park. The standards by which you must judge yourself indeed seem to be unassailable.

[attachment=0:6ahubbq3]Thonglor55.jpg[/attachment:6ahubbq3]

thonglor55
May 28th, 2011, 12:32
I agree with you on this one thonglor. Here is a photo a friend of yours sent to me of you with a bag of candy in Lumphini Park. The standards by which you must judge yourself indeed seem to be unassailableSadly your post comes with the following legend, courtesy of limitations placed on my account by Jinx many, many moons ago (no PM, no Search, no attachments) "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Thai Dyed
May 28th, 2011, 14:06
limitations placed on my account by Jinx many, many moons ago (no PM, no Search, no attachments) "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Don't blame jinks. Your problem is that you insist on staying in that "bastion of wholesomeness" the Atlanta Hotel as a permanent resident, and they are filtering your internet access.
[attachment=0:3l3yjd27]Thonglor at Atlanta Hotel.gif[/attachment:3l3yjd27]

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 07:19
L-Wombat,
to tell you nicely,you seem to have some sort of obssession with this monty guy.I forget the saying but it goes something like you think the sun shines out of his ...
The majority of posters it seems on this forum dont really care too much for him.
You post threads continually about him.It does get a bit boring especially if you cut and paste from another forum that the majority of us couldn't care less about,otherwise we would go to that forum and read it ourselves wouldn't we?
And secondly how are you to know the OP of that post wanted it cut and pasted to here,did you take their feelings into account,did you ask them for permission,they may be livid to see it on here.
Now please dont take it the wrong way but do you see the point im making?

Rather than abuse other posters try to see what your doing your self.Im sure deep down you are a nice guy however.

Hey Billy now you have been outed as Billy who did a runner on Monty, almost lived in his bar a few years ago,broke one of his beds in his B&B and defended you when others were angry, why this pretence of not knowing Monty.

I am sure that his opening night on Wednesday, will be attended by many that remember him with fond memories.

May 30th, 2011, 17:19
Hi,

I remember going down to see Monty both when he had the small b and b and also the swimming pool bar. He is a survivor and eeks or scratches out a living.

I have found Monty to like a drink on occasion, like many of us, I also found him quick to offer help and advice on some of the cheaper options for travellers, (what he does best!) be it hotels or travel advice for them and also go the extra mile to please them and cater for their often difficult whims.

He would introduce people to each other, as some people can be shy, without bein overly pushy and never being actually malicious to anybody or 'over egging the pudding ' with his opinions or views.

He can be funny and also a bit of a pisspot, but never was he dull.

My fondest memory of him, and he may not remember, was sitting in his bar this particular day and a young Thai walked in, sat down, ordered food,ate it and left without paying and just a bit of a smile to Monty but with no Thank you.

When I queried the lack of payment, Monty informed be the young man was sick, so didn't work and Monty made sure he ate every day. No drama, no fuss, no shouting how great he was under the glare of publicity lights or from a stage, just a ' matter of fact ' statement and then hemoved on telling m some local gossip that we were both interested in.

I have seen other instances of his ' off the cuff ' kindness. Monty is not a rich man in monetary wealth, but he is in my eyes!

Nobody is perfect and sometimes with Pattaya, even the best of us get weary of the tiresome systems changing and constantly being on our guard about the next new rule or regulation.

Maybe, one or two of you did not see him at his best on your particular visit. The man has been up and down with health issues.

I wish him every success with his little venture, he doesn't harm anybody and is a colourful character.

GO GET EM MONTY!

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 18:09
Kevin, thanks for your post. I am not sure Monty would want to have publicity for the non profit Guardian Angels that he and Ron ran for boys with HIV. He did this out of his own pocket never asked for help that I am aware of. He had a lot of compassion for those less fortunate than him and would give the shirt off his back.

Someone earlier mentioned Mother Teresa--- I wish you could wash your mouth out. He is a bigger man than you will ever be.

May 30th, 2011, 20:21
Someone earlier mentioned Mother Teresa---
and if you really want to know about her and the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church there's no better than:
http://cdn.tncdn.net/dyn/230/978/185/9840542.jpg

lonelywombat
May 30th, 2011, 20:58

Actually you may have a point, for a person that has not been to Pattaya for 8 years. Did you ever meet him?

May 31st, 2011, 06:11
Christ lonely - are you an Monty fucking? Give it a rest already.

May 31st, 2011, 06:18
I don't know Monty - any time I decided to go see what all the fuss was all about, he had moved on - or for some other reason I never caught up with him.

He does certainly seem to divide opinion.
I like that!
There is nothing worse than blandness, so I intend to make it a mission to finally find out for myself.

paulg
May 31st, 2011, 06:20
Christ lonely - are you an Monty fucking? Give it a rest already.

hehehe any publicity beats no publicity at all.

Dboy
May 31st, 2011, 06:56
http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/monty.jpg

Wishing you the best Monty.

dab69
May 31st, 2011, 07:15
whatever happened to that guy
who had a party at Monty's
and stiffed him for the bill?

witchhunt
May 31st, 2011, 07:34

He is back on this board now posting as tonyfromkent64. In those days he was Billy,badboybilly,,mrsydney,wx40afp and other names as well.

netrix
May 31st, 2011, 20:09

He is back on this board now posting as tonyfromkent64. In those days he was Billy,badboybilly,,mrsydney,wx40afp and other names as well.

He's pissing himself in Sunee bars, still unable to pay his tab.

May 31st, 2011, 21:06
The thing is NETRIX FACE,I own 100 per cent of my condo ,every second thursday i get $2472.45 outright fortnightly in compensation payments,soon i will receive a few hundred thousand dollars in compensation so dont say i dont pay my bill you white hooded bitchface.
You are a bludger,why dont you get a job instead of sitting on your fat ass everyday.

Soon i will take over sunee plaza and you will be banned.Do you understand,every bar will be mine.
You will not be allowed in NETRIX.
It's obvious your very crazy.You are a danger to people and yourself and a bludger and spiv on society.

There comes a time i need to as for help ,i MUST FIND THE ZEBRA AND THE GIRAFFE that were at monty's a few years ago.

DOES ANYONE know where they are?

Thai Dyed
May 31st, 2011, 21:30
Soon i will take over sunee plaza and you will be banned.Do you understand,every bar will be mine.

i MUST FIND THE ZEBRA AND THE GIRAFFE that were at monty's a few years ago.

You're beginning to sound quite deranged. I think we may soon need someone to restrain you.

[attachment=0:21jl4s7k]StrangleholdBilly.jpg[/attachment:21jl4s7k]

May 31st, 2011, 22:00
No im sorry Thaidyed,you cannot be trusted,you know already why when you posted about Mr Money and it was incorrect,you dont think i do investigations?

I will have to contact Monty and ask him personally about the Zebra and Giraffe,it's obvious you are also another nutcase and you cannot be trusted,i will have to call Monty on the telephone again because obviously you know where they are and refusing to say.

Thai Dyed
May 31st, 2011, 22:42
I will have to contact Monty and ask him personally about the Zebra and Giraffe,it's obvious you are also another nutcase and you cannot be trusted,i will have to call Monty on the telephone again because obviously you know where they are and refusing to say.

Yes, I know exactly where the zebra and the giraffe are and I'm not telling you.

May 31st, 2011, 23:25
The Zebra and the Giraffe haven't fled to Phuket with the Wildebeest and the Three-Toed Sloth, have they?

I seriously doubt the sanity of several SGT members - they ought not to be at large.

netrix
June 1st, 2011, 02:14
The thing is NETRIX FACE,I own 100 per cent of my condo ,every second thursday i get $2472.45 outright fortnightly in compensation payments,soon i will receive a few hundred thousand dollars in compensation so dont say i dont pay my bill you white hooded bitchface.
You are a bludger,why dont you get a job instead of sitting on your fat ass everyday.

You will not be allowed in NETRIX.
It's obvious your very crazy.You are a danger to people and yourself and a bludger and spiv on society.

There comes a time i need to as for help ,i MUST FIND THE ZEBRA AND THE GIRAFFE that were at monty's a few years ago.

It's obvious I'M crazy? wow
what, exactly, is a white hooded bitchface? and unlike yours, my ass is far from fat.
WHO will be banned from Sunee bars? i'm not the one peeing my pants and skipping
out on my tab in Sunee bars, relying on others to pay your bill and clean up after you.
AND STOP SENDING ME PM'S about some stupid giraffe! wtf?!?

and you're bragging about $5K a month? haha that's obviously not even enough to
pay your bar tab.
:laughing3:

lonelywombat
June 1st, 2011, 08:34
LMTU is demanding on gaybuttonthai that people give a report on Montys opening night. Dont know what he is drinking but the party has not started yet.

June 1st, 2011, 08:55
Deleted

June 1st, 2011, 09:48
LMTU is demanding on gaybuttonthai that people give a report on Montys opening night. Dont know what he is drinking but the party has not started yet.
I can't imagine why you would think that anyone would be the least bit interested in what LMTU posts on Gaybutton.

lonelywombat
June 1st, 2011, 10:21
Becuase he still posts here.

June 1st, 2011, 10:31
So we can expect you to provide updates of all posts on Gaybutton by those people who also post here? And to what purpose?

June 1st, 2011, 12:38
So we can expect you to provide updates of all posts on Gaybutton by those people who also post here? And to what purpose?

Too much free time!

thonglor55
June 1st, 2011, 14:52
So we can expect you to provide updates of all posts on Gaybutton by those people who also post here? And to what purpose?Too much free time!I'm afraid lonelywombat has long been the king of cut'n'paste. If I want to read drivel I'd prefer to make the choice to do so myself and wander over to Gaybutton where, according to Beachlover
Gaybutton's forum has a pretty narrow subject matter. It's almost 90% about Pattaya and mostly oriented towards sleazy low-life dumb fuck creeps living in a bubble in Pattaya, bitching about their last prostitute failing to please them or something...so quite an incentive, really, to spend some time on that Board.

June 1st, 2011, 18:34
thonglor to use your current name, why do you care anyway as you are an unemployed toy boy in Bangkok and never come to Pattaya

It mkust be boring being at home all day washing his smalls and playing gay romeo.

thonglor55
June 2nd, 2011, 09:28
It mkust be boring being at home all day washing his smalls ...My sugar daddy has supplied an army of servants to take care of such trivial details.

June 2nd, 2011, 19:37
Hi,

Anybody go to the opening of Monty's????,

I hope it went well for him!!!................ :sunny: