PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you can live in Issan

May 21st, 2011, 21:52
On my last trip went up to Issan to visit a boy's village.
We flew up to Udon Thani then bussed it for about 4 hours.

He lived about 10 minutes away from his small town,when we arrived at his village,dirt roads etc,people seemed to be reasonably well off.
There were approx 40-50 houses in his village which consisted of a small momma papa mini mart ,a large wat etc.
His family had a rice farm further out,a lot of acres and employed workers.

The owner in the house opposite was a farang but he didnt talk to me.
Now I thought could i live here,if i had something to do,a business,perhaps a hobby,could i live in a house in the village.

You would need a car as the small town is 20 minutes away by dirt road.
Now contrary to belief,the boy special said he can get boys to fuck,mostly farm workers etc looking for a quick buck.
I am considering it for later life,obviously Pattaya has its attractions too.

The question is,could you live in a village in issaan permanently or even a big modern rural City such as Udon Thani?
Houses are cheaper,sure you can get modern condo's in Udon Thani nowadays if you want.
If you owned your own home,it's likely you would be able to get by on 20k a month.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2011, 23:12
Could I live in a village? Yeah, I'm sure. Would I live in a village? Not a chance in hell. I'm too young to just sit around, and watch the rice grow. Not to mention, do you really believe you're going to setup home in a 50 house village, and fuck all the farm boys? If you value your life any, I wouldn't advise doing that.

As for an urban center in Issan such as KK, most definitely, and wouldn't live elsewhere. Definitely better than Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, etc.

thonglor55
May 22nd, 2011, 05:32
The question is,could you live in a village in issaan permanently or even a big modern rural City such as Udon Thani? Houses are cheaper,sure you can get modern condo's in Udon Thani nowadays if you want. If you owned your own home,it's likely you would be able to get by on 20k a month.Even if you limited yourself to a couple of servants this doesn't seem enough money. In Indonesia the granting of a retirement visa is dependant on the applicant hiring a maid, an eminently sensible requirement in my opinion.

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 10:18
On my last trip went up to Issan to visit a boy's village.
We flew up to Udon Thani then bussed it for about 4 hours.

Now I thought could i live here,if i had something to do,a business,perhaps a hobby,could i live in a house in the village.

I am considering it for later life,obviously Pattaya has its attractions too.

Perhaps you could get a franchise from Chubbs and start a parking meter operation.

May 22nd, 2011, 11:15
Perhaps you could get a franchise from Chubbs and start a parking meter operation.[/quote]

Sorry dear,I couldn't afford the pay cut !

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 12:35
Perhaps you could get a franchise from Chubbs and start a parking meter operation.

Sorry dear,I couldn't afford the pay cut !

Do parking rangers get paid so much? On top of your 7 weeks annual leave. Ridiculous.

BTW I do love "your darlinghurst blog"