PDA

View Full Version : How is Street Life going?

May 20th, 2011, 15:18
Every time I went past the Street Life Cafe it was empty.
I must admit I enjoyed the food and did like the host at that time Richard a true gentleman who took an interest in what I thought of it.

Ok a bit costly around the 200 baht mark for a sandwich but it was good quality and good service.

Has anyone been there lately?
I hope it doesn't fold up.

May 20th, 2011, 16:18
I must admit I enjoyed the food and did like the host at that time Richard a true gentleman who took an interest in what I thought of it.

Ok a bit costly around the 200 baht mark for a sandwich but it was good quality and good service.

Has anyone been there lately?
I hope it doesn't fold up.

I was there about 10 days ago and I was the only one in the restaurant. I got there around 8:00 and no one had come in by the time I left around 8:45 or so. They have added some specials one which is a soup and sandwich for 199B. Not a bad value. That is what I had. The soup was good and was served a whole sandwich instead of 1/2. The whole sandwich on the special is not the same size as the ala carte sandwich. Food was good but just too quiet .

May 20th, 2011, 16:22
I .. did like the host at that time Richard a true gentleman ..a bit costly around the 200 baht mark for a sandwich but it was good quality and good service. I hope it doesn't fold up.

In my opinion, Steet Life is heading only in one direction - down the toilet. It is only a matter of when it shuts, not if

Richard has been consigned to history and it was long overdue - a "true gentleman" does NOT bore the tits off you when you are trying to eat your soup, but I guess old habits die hard with him.

Street Life was, given the area in which it sits, a ridiculous concept thought up by people with far more money than sense - and now we see the belated lowering of prices in a desperate attempt to claw in some business.
The only thing I can think of to surpass Street Life in sheer stupidity would be if an antiques shop opened up!
Mind you, there's plenty of stock sitting around every evening - so maybe it would work.

:rolling:

May 20th, 2011, 16:32
I .. did like the host at that time Richard a true gentleman ..a bit costly around the 200 baht mark for a sandwich but it was good quality and good service. I hope it doesn't fold up.

In my opinion, Steet Life is heading only in one direction - down the toilet. It is only a matter of when it shuts, not if

Richard has been consigned to history and it was long overdue - a "true gentleman" does NOT bore the tits off you when you are trying to eat your soup, but I guess old habits die hard with him.

Street Life was, given the area in which it sits, a ridiculous concept thought up by people with far more money than sense - and now we see the belated lowering of prices in a desperate attempt to claw in some business.
The only thing I can think of to surpass Street Life in sheer stupidity would be if an antiques shop opened up!
Mind you, there's plenty of stock sitting around every evening - so maybe it would work.

Now mind you, while I was there I was the only true antique to be seen :sign5:

May 20th, 2011, 16:34
...mind you, while I was there I was the only true antique to be seen :sign5:

Oh I don't know, you appear to have a certain attractiveness - or is your display pic that old?

May 20th, 2011, 16:37
Well Richard certainly looked after me,I cant complain.
Sure he asked me how the sandwiches were but so what?

May 20th, 2011, 16:45

Oh I don't know, you appear to have a certain attractiveness - or is your display pic that old?

May 20th, 2011, 16:47
..Richard certainly looked after me ...he asked me how the sandwiches were but so what?

Tony you're very sweet but that's because you only bought a sandwich dear.

Try buying a full meal with wine. On second thoughts, don't

The quantity of his boring conversation was always directly proportionate to the size of the order.

May 20th, 2011, 16:48

You or the pic?

:occasion9:

May 20th, 2011, 16:52
You or the pic?

:occasion9:[/quote]

The pic, I am alot older than that :crybaby:

daa raa
May 20th, 2011, 17:19
Slow service, overpriced, food is just ok.

May 20th, 2011, 17:55
Well I eat there at least one time a week and enjoy the food. Yes, I spoke to Steve about the concept but have nothing to do with its management or anything. I just give my opinions to him. Anyway, I really enjoy the chopped chicken liver, which was what Richard introduced and then the angel Hair Pasta with Pork Parmagean.
The chicken liver pate was good when I do order it and so are several other items on the menu. Not just sandwhiches.
Yes, it is slow and so is everyone else. Definately worth trying if you dont feel like leaving the Boyztown area for dinner. a little more expensive but the quality makes up for it. The prices of drinks are real cheap.
:bis:

May 20th, 2011, 21:58
Yes "Justme" love to try it but going on a diet at the moment,I dont wish to be rude but some should follow.

May 20th, 2011, 23:43
Yes "Justme" love to try it but going on a diet at the moment,I dont wish to be rude but some should follow.

Tony, allow me to enlighten you.

According to a multiplicity of PMs I have received from the person concerned, it's not a matter of eating, it's a matter of "water retention"

My bet is on it being Lake Windemere.

May 21st, 2011, 00:21
Thank you for shedding light on that Scottish, but did you not announce to everyone a week or two ago your departure from this board and that you wanted Jinks to delete your account and erase all of your posts? Yes I am sure I read that and I dont think you lasted two weeks.

May 21st, 2011, 00:55
Thank you for shedding light on that Scottish, but did you not announce to everyone a week or two ago your departure from this board and that you wanted Jinks to delete your account and erase all of your posts? Yes I am sure I read that and I dont think you lasted two weeks.

I am sure Jinks will be happy to confirm that I did indeed PM him and asked for my account to be deleted and posts removed. No doubt he can also confirm that, on the same day, the ID "scottish-guy2011" registered with the old/new forum run by his goodself - as that was where I had intended to migrate.
I am sure you send him at least as many PMs as you send me, so why not ask him. That is if he is still accepting your PMs after he told you to quit sending them :rolling:

All of the above was due to the fact (as I clearly stated at the time) that E/S had announced that he was closing the board more or less forthwith, and it seemed an appropriate point at which to depart.

However, 3 things happened which conspired to produce the result that I am still here:

1. E/S changed his mind within a matter of hours and announced that SGT would NOT be closing.
2. Jinks did not act on my PM (maybe because of point 1 above)
3. I received a number of messages urging me (yes dear, urging me) to reconsider.

So here I am! Aren't you glad? I mean, with us being such close neighbours and all?

Now, how about telling me how you manage to see all my posts considering you stated you had me on your ignore list some weeks ago?

:bis: :bis: :bis:

May 21st, 2011, 01:52
It wasn't a PM my dear. You are getting old. It was an announcement to the entire board on an open thread.
So you have decided to stay and continue to enlighten us with your catty remarks and wit. Aren't we fucking lucky!

May 21st, 2011, 01:56
It wasn't a PM my dear. You are getting old. It was an announcement to the entire board on an open thread.
So you have decided to stay and continue to enlighten us with your catty remarks and wit. Aren't we fucking lucky!

No, you half-witted cretin - the PM I sent to jinks was the follow-up to the post I made.

E/S said the board was closing, I posted to say I was going, I then PM'd jinks asking to be deleted - is a sequence of 3 things too much much for you to to follow?

Hope not because here's another 4 - just for the avoidance of doubt: E/S then reneged, jinks didn't delete me, I received messages asking me to reconsider, I didn't leave.

Got it now?

Jesus Christ, you are as dim as a glow-worm's armpit.

No offence.

jinks
May 21st, 2011, 02:52
Several deletion requests were received and ignored to allow a cooling off period.

Post above amended to put my name right.

OK I've made a new avatar just for all of you.

It has been a few years now since I SHOUTED - small j please.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2011, 03:33
There seemed to be some posters who were rushing into the lifeboats as soon as we neared an iceberg! The moment the engines restarted they were elbowing their way back on board.

May 21st, 2011, 05:28
Thats cool and certainly in just about all the cases real good. I noticed thatt there was extremely little fighting in the aftermath of E/S's announcement to sell the board but in the last few days I have noticed almost everyones return and all the bickering starting up again. Certainly to my dismay.
Speaking only as an advertiser!

No, you half-witted cretin - the PM I sent to jinks was the follow-up to the post I made. Got it now? sus Christ, you are as dim as a glow-worm's armpit.
Well dear Scottish, if you read your response 2 posts above, NONE of this was mentioned, so who or how was someone to know all this? On their crystal ball? I am glad you now have made it all clear. When you dont make things clear, it is you that resembles the glow-worms arm pit! :occasion9:

I mean, afterall, if you reread what you posted, you already had the information that E/S had changed his mind and you had decided to go anyway.

On the strength of Spike's original post I decided to leave also and PMd Jinks to that effect since, as you say, there seems to be no "self-destruct button" Quite obviously my deletion has not yet taken effect!! In the interim, Spike seems to have changed his mind - but I think I'll stick to my decision. See ya around!
SG

Bye Scotty...wonder if they'll show up under different handles???

Goodbye,farewell and Amen.

May 21st, 2011, 07:19
This is now the 3rd time I have tried to explain the sequence of events to you:

1. E/S announces he is closing the board - Sun 8 May, 2011 8:04 am
2. I send PM to jinks asking for my account to be deleted - Sun 8 May, 2011 2:35 pm
3. I join jinks board - same day, no note of time
4. E/S announces he has changed his mind - Sun 8 May, 2011 5:14 pm

So, it can be clearly seen that I took action to leave BEFORE E/S announced that he had changed his mind, not AFTER as has been suggested.

5. NEXT DAY, and with the the new knowledge of E/S change of mind, I state on "Fat Lady" thread that despite E/S change of mind, I intend to leave anyway as I have already PMd jinks accordingly - although nothing has happened so far with my account deletion - Mon 9 May, 2011 8:27 am
6. jinks does not act on my PM (and has given a perfectly logical explanation of this)
7. I received some messages asking me to reconsider.
8. Therefore, for the above reasons (jinks not deleting me + some messages received), I am still here.

Now can you please get that through your retarded head? I cannot make it any clearer and do not intend to keep repeating myself.

:protest:

bao-bao
May 21st, 2011, 07:46
I cannot make it any clearer and do not intend to keep repeating myself. :protest:
If you don't continue to repeat the same thing over and over you have a leg up on at least three others here I can think of! :rolling:

Leaving Richard and Boyztown politics out of the mix I didn't think Street Life was such a bad place to eat, overall. I've had a couple of decent meals there at a fair price.

Beachlover
May 21st, 2011, 12:40
it's not a matter of eating, it's a matter of "water retention"
Scottish, what is wrong with you? Have you got Justme's foot jammed right up your arse or something?

May 21st, 2011, 12:55
Sure, I can understand that. Can you understand that by your OWN timeline that announced that you were leaving and that you changed your mind after you already knew E/S had notified you and all that he had changed his mind? Since you never reported to anyone that you had reconsidered and your farewell seemed very solid, it was a shock (tee hee) to see you reappear. This from an armpit retard! :occasion9:

May 21st, 2011, 16:16
Sure, I can understand that. Can you understand that by your OWN timeline that announced that you were leaving and that you changed your mind after you already knew E/S had notified you and all that he had changed his mind? Since you never reported to anyone that you had reconsidered and your farewell seemed very solid, it was a shock (tee hee) to see you reappear. This from an armpit retard! :occasion9:

Dear AR

In sequence (4th and final time)

E/S announced imminent SGT closure
Yes I decided to leave and joined the old/new board run by jinks.
AT NO POINT did I throw a hissy fit like YOU do and make a grand announcement about it.
Yes E/S SUBSEQUENTLY changed HIS mind LATER the SAME day
Yes, NEXT DAY I said (Fat Lady thread) that, notwithstanding E/S change of mind I still INTENDED to leave and that it was in jink's hands as I had requested deletion. Up till this, current, thread that had been my one and only comment on the matter.
No, jinks did not carry out the deletion
And, for that reason and that reason alone I am still here.

What don't you get?
At NO TIME did I change my mind
At NO TIME did I post that I had now decided to stay
I made ONE post and ONE post only on the subject - on "Fat Lady" thread saying that when jink's deleted me, I'd be gone.
He didn't and I'm not.
So, basically, I'm here by default - because jinks (rightly) decided on a moratorium on all deletion requests, not any "change of mind" on my part.

The way it has worked out I am content to still be here - simply because the immediate reason for leaving has temporarily fizzled out.
However, when YOU take over the board I may shoot myself.

Case closed as far as my side of it is concerned.

May 21st, 2011, 16:22
Are we finished boys?
This thread was about Street Life.
As you are both neighbours why dont you settle in a more "manly" way somewhere out on the soi.

Now as im the OP of the thread I would appreciate an apology from both of you.
Im disapointed in you both of you.

May 21st, 2011, 16:27
Are we finished boys?
This thread was about Street Life.
As you are both neighbours why dont you settle in a more "manly" way somewhere out on the soi.

With Her Immensity in the soi, there simply isn't the space.

May 21st, 2011, 16:31
I agree Scottish,but you wernt there when Justme and myself were together ,two big fatties walking towards you.
Did you miss the apology darl?

May 21st, 2011, 17:37
I agree Scottish,but you wernt there when Justme and myself were together ,two big fatties walking towards you.
Did you miss the apology darl?

Tony, have you been drinking again?

Not good.

You know the effect it has on your bladder control - and the anal sphincter will be the next to go.

Remember that Unkie/Justme/Neal/<insert next alias here> has CCTV - if you piss and shit yourself in Happy Place, he will put out open invitations to come and view the footage.

May 21st, 2011, 17:45
LOL, I lik i like you Scottish guy,and like unclebuckie too,i dont want to see you upset him.ok baby
Yes i am drunk,red wine and i have a korean boy staying with me drinking beer.i have had 7 red wine glasses hon.
i love you scotty.

May 21st, 2011, 17:49
....i love you scotty.

That's what they all say -

- just before they whip it out.

:sign5:

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 17:50
it's not a matter of eating, it's a matter of "water retention"
Scottish, what is wrong with you? Have you got Justme's foot jammed right up your arse or something?

Jealously is a curse. Find your own foot fucker.

May 21st, 2011, 18:58
When I was last in Thailand recently, I had seen this 'StreetLife' is up for Sale, I donтАЩt know who is going to buy it with this down turn in World Money Markets, unless itтАЩs someone who knows how to run a good restaurant.

May 21st, 2011, 19:00
When I was last in Thailand recently, I had seen this 'StreetLife' is up for Sale, I donтАЩt know who is going to buy it with this down turn in World Money Markets, unless itтАЩs someone who knows how to run a good restaurant.

deja vu

May 21st, 2011, 19:03
According to what the owner said to me, Street Life is not actively up for sale, BUT that EVERYTHING is for sale.

witchhunt
May 21st, 2011, 19:03

Interesting when were you in Thailand recently. Dont be bashful. Was it this year, last year or the year before.
maybe you have never been same as beachlover.

May 21st, 2011, 19:11
According to what the owner said to me, Street Life is not actively up for sale, BUT that EVRYTHING is for sale.

As you will well know, a couple of businesses in that small area have been "open to offers" for some considerable time.

There are no takers, only big-mouths who invariably fail to follow through.

The area is slowly dying and there is nothing on the horizon to revive it.

Only a fool would invest the ludicrous sums of money being asked for these businesses - their only hope is to find somebody who has sufficient capital to run them as a hobby - the sort of business model which will ensure the area continues to decline.

May 21st, 2011, 19:25
As you will well know, a couple of businesses in that small area have been "open to offers" for some considerable time. There are no takers, only big-mouths who invariably fail to follow through. The area is slowly dying and there is nothing on the horizon to revive it. Only a fool would invest the ludicrous sums of money being asked for these businesses - their only hope is to find somebody who has sufficient capital to run them as a hobby - the sort of business model which will ensure the area continues to decline. :occasion9:
Firstly, I do not believe that down deep inside anyone really buys any of these businesses as a hobby. I believe that they all buy them with the intent to make some, even a little, money, to help support themselves. I don't think anyone here is wealthy beyond their means.

With that in mind, I would have to assume that almost anyone purchasing any of these businesses hopes for the same goals and brings new life and hope to the business and to the area. I did, I do and I am making a profit. Not a huge profit, but a profit. I believe that while changes have been made to Boyztown area, it is because of the economy and that one day, it may, come back. There are businesses that continue to open all the time and are surviving in this economy while others admittedly drive their businesses into the ground, either because they believe that their businesses are strong and have no vision or that they are drunk idiots and dont pay attention to them. I neither get drunk nor think I am invinsible.

May 21st, 2011, 19:27
As you will well know, a couple of businesses in that small area have been "open to offers" for some considerable time. There are no takers, only big-mouths who invariably fail to follow through. The area is slowly dying and there is nothing on the horizon to revive it. Only a fool would invest the ludicrous sums of money being asked for these businesses - their only hope is to find somebody who has sufficient capital to run them as a hobby - the sort of business model which will ensure the area continues to decline. :occasion9:
Firstly, I do not believe that down deep inside anyone really buys any of these businesses as a hobby. I believe that they all buy them with the intent to make some, even a little, money, to help support themselves. I don't think anyone here is wealthy beyond their means.

With that in mind, I would have to assume that almost anyone purchasing any of these businesses hopes for the same goals and brings new life and hope to the business and to the area. I did, I do and I am making a profit. Not a huge profit, but a profit. I believe that while changes have been made to Boyztown area, it is because of the economy and that one day, it may, come back. There are businesses that continue to open all the time and are surviving in this economy.

Time will tell, but if history is anything to go by....

Beachlover
May 21st, 2011, 21:01
Jealously is a curse. Find your own foot fucker.
What's this, Lonely? Bitching about slagfests and then starting one yourself?

LMTU... When you were showing your disgusting face "cottaging" in some stinking public toilet recently I'm sure you heard some shit plop in the loo and someone having a tinkle too.

newalaan
May 22nd, 2011, 03:18
Sorry for the detour from the topic. But this is just too funny to pass up.

At no TIME did I change my mind...not any "change of mind" on my part My......what a dramatic, screeching, loud, vein bulging, repetitive, screed of bullshitting bluster, all wrapped up in one immense tantrum spaced out over at least 4 posts....just to say he has gone back on his word. Made a u-turn. Reversed his decision. Changed his mind. Pity the new owners if this is a taster for life in the new forum.

Despite your raging rant here at Justme,calling him.....
a half-witted cretin, has a retarded head, as dim as a glow-worms armpit All because Justme suggested you went back on your word to resign from the forum. And he is quite right, you did! The facts are, you tended your resignation to nil fanfare, no pleads for reconsideration and no thank-you for the years of 'valuable contributions'. The silence was deafening in reply to the news of your leaving, a couple of little murmers and it was over. Does the public non-response not tell you everything about what the membership actually thought of your decision to go?

This was the statement you made the the time of your resignation, after Spike announced the forum would continue......................
but I think I'll stick to my decision. see ya around! Citing jinxy's decision to not delete you as quickly as possible and therefore you being here BY DEFAULT must rank as THE most futile excuse for an embarassing a u-turn EVER! Exactly what PMs or jinxy not deleting your details quickly have to do with your blatent change of mind god only knows, at the end of the day it comes down to the statement you made (i'm leaving!)and the action you took (I'm crawling back!).
only big-mouths who invariably fail to follow through. Well that certainly rings true here by saying one thing and doing another....and at the same time kissing your credibility bye bye...again!

Could you not re-consider your reconsideration and actually stand by your word?
when jinks deleted me I'd be gone If you ask nicely I'm sure jinxy will bow to your request. It would certainly be the most credible outcome. I certainly hope thonglor55 does not also stage a similar u-turn after this promise
I can't imagine much worse I shall not be crossing over.

May 22nd, 2011, 08:49
Thanks for pointing all of this out to dear Scottish, Mr Newalaan, but as you can see, she really doesn't understand it. All she had to say was that she changed her mind.
It is easier to crawl through the mud and call me an armpit and a retard, etc.

You see ever since the beginning she has this "thing" for making sure everyone knows who I am, what I did for a living, what I like for sex, that I love poppers, well fuckshit everything about me! She hides behind this cloak and dagger forum and comes out to stab at every post I make.

She has been invited down to the bar for cocktails but....well she does't want to come! :sign5:
She be scared of FAT OLD Slow walking fat man! I don't know why, everyone says I am like a teddybear! Soft, cuddly. Come on Scottish, give momsie a hug! :sign5:
Then she starts out with the old CCTV crap again as though its a new relevation when it was put to bed long time ago by everyone that CCTV is a "requirement" for every night entertainment venue in, at least all of Pattaya, but maybe more. Get on with it Scottie. Catch up! It was over. Remember that whole thing? You even apologized to me for it. Now the mind slowly sinks into senelity. Does that come with plastic face surgery, do you know? :dontknow:

May 22nd, 2011, 08:54
Are you going for a walk this morning Justme? May clear your head as well as work off some calories dear.

May 22nd, 2011, 09:21
Oh baby. Frankie dear, wish I could say that I would but you know that these legs don't move well with all this Arthiritis kicking up and the dizzy spells and everything from being in the HOSPITAL every other day having Dialysis for a good part of the day. My boys dont let me walk anywhere without being assisted and accompanied for fear I will fall, as I have done many times.Sure baby, I was big before but since the kidneys don't work to excrete the fluids much anymore so that I have to have the blood cleaned every other day in order that I might not get sick and die (feel stupid yet?) I get bigger and bigger each day with anything I drink. To the point of about 3 kilos PER FUCKING DAY. So I kinda enjoy going to the beach every other day on my day off and sitting their and talking to freinds (yes I do have some) and getting two hot young men to massage me for hours at a time to try and forget what comes into my life the following day yet again til the day I die. Now excuse me but it is my free day.

So for anyone that wants to make fun of my size or my weight gain and loss every other fucking day, well up 2 u. It just doesnt make you look so intelligent. I dont wish this on you or anyone else, ever. Love ya! :hello2:

May 22nd, 2011, 11:24
I dont know who Frankie is ,but I think forget what I told you about walking and perhaps see a Psychologist or Counselor instead.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and face up to it instead of trying to "forget about what comes in to my life".

Im sorry I didnt know you were on dialysis but it's not the end of life unless you keep dwelling on this which you seem to do.
For Gods sake start thinking positive about yourself and move forward.

But having seen you a lot you look quite strong to me and solid build rather than fat,obviously if you slimmed down a bit you would be a very goodlooking guy in my opinion.

thonglor55
May 22nd, 2011, 12:29
But having seen you a lot you look quite strong to me and solid build rather than fat,obviously if you slimmed down a bit you would be a very goodlooking guy in my opinion.Can I hope that you'll transfer your erotic fantasies from me to him?

May 22nd, 2011, 16:45
I called you Frankie and should have said Tony. Either way, thanks for setting the record straight. Unfortunately I love different foods and it is very difficult. I wish there were a sure fire way. I just hate Scottish Guys continual bashing me on it like an ignorant fuck and got a little pissed when you picked up o\n it. I apologize. This morning I was in an awful mood after reading Scottish guys shit. He thinks he is so catty and clever and contributes jack Shit. I would love to start poll as to who would love to see him do like he threatened and leave.

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 16:52
But having seen you a lot you look quite strong to me and solid build rather than fat,obviously if you slimmed down a bit you would be a very goodlooking guy in my opinion.
Can I hope that you'll transfer your erotic fantasies from me to him?

Tonyfromkent is badboybilly and was banned from GB using that same ID.

Erotic fantasies of Billy 150k and justme. I hope not for just me's sake.

May 22nd, 2011, 17:44
Lonely, write that again so everyone or at least I understand what you mean. I dont understand this 150k especially.

May 22nd, 2011, 18:36
The concept of this place wasn't really suitable for boyztown, imho, it would be interesting to know whose idea this was and who put the money up for it, it is generally "someone else" who puts the money up for it, then the person running it has nothing to lose and just walks off if it goes ape. Seen it before, but I don't wear the T-shirt. A lot of these businesses do not do their homework properly before they open a business, i.e. due diligence.

lonelywombat
May 22nd, 2011, 19:20
to justme

150 kilo is about 270 pounds. I dont have the correct conversion but he is f***** big and still under 40.

Shaven head and probably marks your tyres with chalk out of habit.

May 23rd, 2011, 12:29
The concept of this place wasn't really suitable for boyztown, imho, it would be interesting to know whose idea this was and who put the money up for it, it is generally "someone else" who puts the money up for it, then the person running it has nothing to lose and just walks off if it goes ape. Seen it before, but I don't wear the T-shirt. A lot of these businesses do not do their homework properly before they open a business, i.e. due diligence.

The concept for a restaurant was not suitable for BoyzTown?? Are you kidding? The area needs a better restaurant so many people dont have to go far for a decent meal OR, Go far for a decent meal and then if they want to go to Boyztown, dont have to travel so far!
The concept of a deli restaurant came about so that people could cjhoose wether they wanted a light dinner or a full meal. Some dont want to eat a heavy dinner and then go out. there are a few New York style delis in Bangkok that do well, so the idea is not so fae=r off the wall.
As far as who put out the money, The owner of Street Life did and was not a person with an idea who walked away as you suggested.

Patexpat
May 23rd, 2011, 16:28
It's all about location, and Boystown is not, in my opinion, the right location for a 'deli/restaurant'. Why? because part of the business is a deli - by definition you want people, esp. locals, to pop in and BUY stuff. But in that location, there is no parking, even a m/c is difficult. There are a range of things in the street life deli I like, but it's just a hassle - so Friendship it is. That part of the business needed thinking thru more ...

May 23rd, 2011, 17:34
Your thoughts are well founded. The problem that I was faced with was that the owner LREADY rented the place for a considerable length of time. His plan was art gallery, swap shop and wine and cheese bar, which I felt would DEFINATELY not go. In a spot, we tried to think of a concept that would go and not just a restaurant.
It is his ands he owns many other businesses in the Boyztown area. (no not madame facelift). I have no part of it management or otherwise. All his. As a neighbor, I just felt the property was too valuable and that an Art Gallery/wine cheese place was a far fetched idea.

Khor tose
May 23rd, 2011, 20:09
to justme

150 kilo is about 270 pounds.

No it is not. It 2.2 pounds to the Kilo so 150 Kilos equals 330 lbs. Having seen bopth justme's and BBB's photos the thought of them doing it is now burned into my mind. You are one nasty man lonelywombat. Now I have to get Electro shock therapy or a lobotomy. :tongue3:

May 23rd, 2011, 20:11

The concept for a restaurant was not suitable for BoyzTown?? Are you kidding? The area needs a better restaurant so many people dont have to go far for a decent meal OR, Go far for a decent meal and then if they want to go to Boyztown, dont have to travel so far!
The concept of a deli restaurant came about so that people could cjhoose wether they wanted a light dinner or a full meal. Some dont want to eat a heavy dinner and then go out. there are a few New York style delis in Bangkok that do well, so the idea is not so fae=r off the wall.
As far as who put out the money, The owner of Street Life did and was not a person with an idea who walked away as you suggested.

justme

I didn't say that - I agree that Boyztown does need a restaurant - I said "this concept was not suitable for Boyztown". I repeat, "due diligence". My research of Pattaya is basically in the first points of someone's impression, i.e. how would you describe pattaya and what does it offer and what type of people go there. Boyztown, = sex, eating, drinking, beach, middle to low class older class people - I've said it in one line, now that is what a business should be based on. That's good due diligence. An art gallery come wine bar doesn't in my opinion fit in with what the area is.

May 23rd, 2011, 20:20
justme

What I would do if I owned that restaurant is open a quality food cheap fast food outlet, no waiters, just a counter offering quality fast good - something with an edge, but the food has to be prepared quickly, that would do it. The business would have to have a corporate edge to it, like KFC or BurgerKing (those are just examples out of my head, but you get the drift). The menu would then be something along the lines like: a glass of wine, baked potato, salad and breadcrumb chicken for 180 bht (this is only an example), ready within minutes, throw away plates, then just leave the premises. All done within 1/2 hour perhaps. No sitting round a table waiting for service and all that. The sort of concept I would offer would also offer tea coffee cakes sandwiches, quick set menus. There are too many restaurants / cafes in Thailand with waiter service, hanging around. I don't know of any fast food quality restaurants around, IMHO good concept and what a place needs.

Beachlover
May 23rd, 2011, 20:33
Come on Scottish, give momsie a hug!
ROFL :rolling:

At no TIME did I change my mind...not any "change of mind" on my part
Scottish you DID change your mind! Wouldn't it be cleaner just to say you changed your mind after Jinks PM'd you and asked you to reconsider. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally I would rather you stay as most of your posts are good, except that you seem to have this thing for Justme. You've been giving him SHIT from the moment he started posting here last year.

If he had attacked you first, I would say "fair enough" but YOU threw the first punch in this. Before ANY of this info was public knowledge on the board, YOU revealed his first name, sexual preferences, the fact he likes poppers, what he likes and alluded to the business he used to run and you've been doing everything possible to pour shit on him every which fucking way since.

With the amount of personal details you have on Justme and your massive grudge against him (which you have so far failed to explain or justify) it's obvious you could well be one of his competitor/neighbours who likes to wear a frock...

May 23rd, 2011, 22:04
With the amount of personal details you have on Justme and your massive grudge against him (which you have so far failed to explain or justify) it's obvious you could well be one of his competitor/neighbours who likes to wear a frock...

You mean the one who is or was always looking for new partners and also likes indoor BBQ's? Heaven forbid Scotty I hope not as I did like you!

May 24th, 2011, 00:26

You mean the one who is or was always looking for new partners and also likes indoor BBQ's? Heaven forbid Scotty I hope not as I did like you!

Combat. The details that SG went and spewed forth are details I revealed only to facelift herself. I lived with her for 8 years and she cried on my schoulder for a few months how everyone was against her. I joined SGF many years ago because she said people were writing evil things about her and I believed her. I said I would stick up for her and revealed to her my username. Only to her. She knew everything about me in those 8 years, evrything from my past history to current.
SG knows all those things too. You go figure.

joe552
May 24th, 2011, 01:28
I'm beginning to lose the will to live reading all this bullshit. Were I not going to Pattaya in a couple of weeks, I'd give it up. Based on his posts here (which is all I can judge) Scottish is the guy I'd like to have a beer with. The other is cdnmatt,but that's for different reasons. :love4:

May 24th, 2011, 03:25
... Scottish is the guy I'd like to have a beer with... :love4:

:alc:

joe552
May 24th, 2011, 03:47
But you'd have to reveal yourself in some way SG - right up your kilt!

newalaan
May 24th, 2011, 08:09
Wouldn't it be cleaner just to say you changed your mind after Jinks PM'd you and asked you to reconsider.I've just come upon this revelation.WHAT???? is this true? TheMod PM'd the resident troll to ask him to reconsider? If true I bet that's one BIG regret now. Scottish-guy has obviously taken that as a signal to run riot. There must be at least 10 members he has already upset, argued with or started a fight with in the space of only a few days. There were 5 different members just in ONE thread alone!

But of course he didn't change his mind BL, didn't you know there was a convoluted set of incredible circumstances which conspired to have him remain apparently by 'default'. Well that's the bull which he would try and have anybody who will listen believe. Of course he did certainly go back on his word, change his mind, did a u-turn, and the chances of getting anything 'clean' from him in terms of an admission is extremely remote. His "sticking with his decision" to resign unfortunately lasted all of only 2 bleedin minutes.

I'm begining to get a hint of understanding the full meaning of the mysterious "undue influence" scottish-guy constantly referred to.

May 24th, 2011, 08:30
Yeah Newalaan, my freaking undue influence I have on this board! :sign5:

thonglor55
May 24th, 2011, 09:19
drone drone
blah blahCan't you two Presbyterians kiss and make up? newalaan is, after all, a lay preacher with a single text sermon (Gospel of Matthew 25 verse 30): "Throw out the worthless poster into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Can't you acknowledge his infallibility in all things, scottish-guy?

May 24th, 2011, 14:09
But you'd have to reveal yourself in some way SG - right up your kilt!

Ah but now the question has been raised, "is it a kilt or is it a dress that he wears?"

newalaan
May 24th, 2011, 16:03
Ah but now the question has been raised, "is it a kilt or is it a dress that he wears?" You'll find his preferred couture is anything which allows him to display his brass neck.

May 24th, 2011, 16:22
you can read and edit all the crap on this subject...... (meaning that the Surfcrest thread was unlocked) Neil, don't bother me again :drv:

Either this was deleted above or it was too early when I posted it and forgot to paste. anyway this was about my undue influence.
I have been accused of having undue influence on this board. Read the quote above and tell me about all my unundue influence! LOL!

newalaan
May 24th, 2011, 18:32
newalaan wrote:
drone drone scottish-guy wrote:blah blah
Can't you two Presbyterians kiss and make up? newalaan is, after all, a lay preacher with a single text sermon (Gospel of Matthew 25 verse 30): "Throw out the worthless poster into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Can't you acknowledge his infallibility in all things, scottish-guy?Is that ghetto of yours a glass covered house per chance? You produce more drone,drone's and blah, blah's per posting sentence than most of the other trolls put together. You also recently admitted to being the forum drone, how apt.

Fortunately, SG and I are on different sides of the great divide, he being from the the raging ,camp, limp-wristed dramatic screeching queen who is only passive in the physical sense stockade, whereas I am firmly stuck in the straight-acting atheist camp. The only equivalent book of fantasy to the bible I might be inclined to quote from is The Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales, yet another name suggestion for your Thai almanac perhaps, "Thonglors Grim Fairy Tales from the Ghetto"? Have you set a 'leaving date' yet?

Beachlover
May 24th, 2011, 20:20
Scottish is the guy I'd like to have a beer with.
How about a meat BBQ? :rolling:

Heaven forbid Scotty I hope not as I did like you!
You get the flaming torch. I will get my pitchfork.

of course he didn't change his mind BL... scottish-guy
There's a theory floating around that when I posted a suggestion that the board sponsor should consider buying the board, Scotty had a heart attack at this possibility (for obvious reasons) and put in the urgent request to have his account deleted.

May 25th, 2011, 00:42
Scottish you DID change your mind! Wouldn't it be cleaner just to say you changed your mind after Jinks PM'd you and asked you to reconsider. Nothing wrong with that.

You're right, there WOULD be nothing wrong with that if it were the case - but actually it is as far from the truth as it is possible to get.

I have no idea where you are getting your information from Beachlover, but jinks did NOT PM me and asked me to stay - he has not PM'd me on that matter AT ALL! He unilaterally decided on a moratorium on deletion requests, there was no discussion on the matter at that point OR subsequently. Since I joined SGT I have only ever received ONE PM from jinks and it was nothing to do with JustMe or my membership of the board - and for the avoidance of doubt I have NEVER PM'd jinks as I have never found it necessary (unlike others who PM'd him so frequently they eventually had to be told to quit!)

I do not intend to go into the rest of your post which concerns Justme. If you want to pursue this, there are now 2 topics on the Global forum in which to do so and I have an answer for every point you make.

Now if you'll excuse me - according to the Boyztown oracle, my public awaits - and I have to get my wig, make-up, stilettoes, and frock on for my big number tonight.

Brad the Impala
May 25th, 2011, 03:01
Since I joined SGT I have only ever received ONE PM from jinks and it was nothing to do with JustMe or my membership of the board - and for the avoidance of doubt I have NEVER PM'd jinks as I have never found it necessary (unlike others who PM'd him so frequently they eventually had to be told to quit!)

How do you know that jinks had to tell others to quit PMing him? Are you really saying that that was the content of the ONE PM that you had from him?!

"Oh I must make sure that Scottish Guy, with whom I have never communicated, knows that I'm fed up with the number of PMs I've had!!"

May 25th, 2011, 03:24
How do you know that jinks had to tell others to quit PMing him? Are you really saying that that was the content of the ONE PM that you had from him?!

"Oh I must make sure that Scottish Guy, with whom I have never communicated, knows that I'm fed up with the number of PMs I've had!!"

No Brad, if you stopped being so eager to get one over on ME, you'd have noticed that your pal Justme POSTED the PM he received from jinks, in which jinks told justme to quit sending him messages.

Do try to keep up.

As for the solitary PM which I have received from jinks, it was on an completely unrelated matter.

May 25th, 2011, 12:09
You'll have to excuse Bradley, he's just being his usual boring condescending cantankerous cunt. Really more of a hyena than an impala.

May 25th, 2011, 12:39
:gun: Oh shut up ya wanker !

Im beginning to like this board,we just shout abuse at each other. :fucyc:

Makes me wish I didn't start this thread now,oh well,as long as your all having fun.

Anyone else want to let their daily stresse's out ,feel free to abuse me in the next post.

Getting back to the topic,where is Richard the former manager of Street Life nowadays?

lonelywombat
May 25th, 2011, 13:23
Richard Burk formerly manager of Street Life and owner of Amor, is now working again as a restaurant manager, and there is a long thread on gaybuttonthai.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2939

Beachlover
May 25th, 2011, 22:07
You're right, there WOULD be nothing wrong with that if it were the case - but actually it is as far from the truth as it is possible to get.

I have no idea where you are getting your information from Beachlover, but jinks did NOT PM me and asked me to stay
Fair enough - I misread that. But you did receive some messages (PMs?) and you DID change your mind and decide to stay didn't you? That's all that needed to be said.

No Brad, if you stopped being so eager to get one over on ME, you'd have noticed that your pal Justme POSTED the PM he received from jinks, in which jinks told justme to quit sending him messages. Do try to keep up.
Nope, Brad is right. The quote from jinks, which Justme posted wasn't a PM. It was a short post jinks made after he unlocked that thread about the CCTV evidence. It's still there for all to see.

Richard Burk formerly manager of Street Life and owner of Amor, is now working again as a restaurant manager, and there is a long thread on gaybuttonthai...
LOL... Gaybutton and a bunch of lard-arses talking about how much they love his creamy, lard-laden desserts... no surprise. :rolling:

May 26th, 2011, 06:10
Sorry Beachie but I have to disagree with you here.
I am sure that they were not his original recipies BUT in any case, since his cooks went to both the Ambiance, New Orleans and Street Life, his recipies went to all three also. No need to go and be drowned in his verbal diarhea. Just go to Ambiance, Street Life or New Orlens and enjoy these favorites!

witchhunt
May 26th, 2011, 06:41
Some people cannot help themselves with their snide remarks, the recipes probably came from someone else, it is the chef that makes them not the recipe, otherwise I'd be doing his job myself.

The hotel website looks fantastic and although some distance from soi 3 shit town [15 minute drive] opens a new look at Pattaya . I wonder if they have joiners fees. When the restaurant opens Id be keen to try it.

The slide show 45 pics was interesting,
http://www.palmgroveresort.com/

May 26th, 2011, 13:29
Some people cannot help themselves with their snide remarks, ..... some distance from soi 3 shit town [15 minute drive]

I am sorry witchunt, what did you say about making snide remarks? :sign5: I merely insinuated that he does not know when to leave people ALONE.
Recipes: I merely stated that the recipes were probably not his and as far as your comment about it is the chef who makes it and not the recipe, well I told you where to find the cooks that made them! Richard did not make them, his cooks did. :sign5: And finally I am sure that if a poll were taken regarding his verbal diareha, he would lose hands down. The man was a pest. He did it to himself BUT all that said and done, maybe he will learn that his constant disturbing, hanging around tables, nagging and not going away was a major downfall. I like many others stopped going there because of it.
Anyway all this aside I do hope he succeeds at his new job and, I wish him all the luck in the world. Truly I do.
As far as the hotel, well the place looks fabulous. :sign5:

Surfcrest
May 26th, 2011, 15:41
Neil, don't bother me again :drv:

Either this was deleted above or it was too early when I posted it and forgot to paste. anyway this was about my undue influence.
I have been accused of having undue influence on this board. Read the quote above and tell me about all my unundue influence! LOL!

What's the point you are trying to make, that he wasn't referring to you when he said "don't bother me again"?

Looks like you've provided a splendid example of undue influence.....or unundue influence......or...

May 26th, 2011, 16:34
...undue flatulence?