PDA

View Full Version : Who is in BKK early July?

krobbie
May 20th, 2011, 02:26
I am in BKK from June 30 until July 16 and was wondering if any other SGT members will be around at this time.

I have met some of the SGT posters from time to time and have rarely been disappointed.

PM me if you are going to be about or just leave a post and I will PM you.

Cheers
Krobbie

newalaan
May 20th, 2011, 05:04
I am in BKK from June 30 until July 16 and was wondering if any other SGT members will be around at this time.The day you arrive is the day after I leave. That's a pity as my last couple of days in Bkk before i go home are wind-down days and would have certainly enjoyed a meet up krobbie.

Perhaps if Beachlover is there at the same time he might welcome the opportunity of introducing himself to one of the more sensible and reliable members here, and would therefore I'm sure, have no need for the usual avoidance excuses, like your being a stalker of some sort etc. Beachlover...good time for a Thailand break?

Beachlover
May 20th, 2011, 11:00
Newalaan... Are you stalking me too? :rolling:

Krobbie, have a great trip!

krobbie
May 20th, 2011, 11:09
Thanks for that Beach.

Rolling Stone
May 20th, 2011, 20:45
I will be in BKK for a week or so in July ...

newalaan
May 20th, 2011, 23:09
Newalaan... Are you stalking me too?I wasn't being sarky or facetious in any way, I was being serious. Krobbie is one of the few here who is universally respected as a neutral and fair minded individual. Two things about this, first, any reports he makes to the forum regarding the authenticity of another member would be accepted without question. Secondly, one of Beachlovers main avoidance, bodyswerving tactics and reluctance to introduce himself to another forum member is apparently his paranoia of stalkers and nutcases. So who more safer and credible is there than krobbie for BL to introduce himself to.

So there is a fantastic opportunity to put to bed, as it were, any lingering doubts as to Beachlovers claim of his being everything he claims he is. An attractive, young mid-twenties, Asian, Australian-based successful business person with a generous disposable income. Not only would it shut up those stalkers, a couple in particular, but various others who are so certain BL is not all he makes himself out to be. The real bonus might be the cutting out of the hundreds of pointless posts from BL himself and his doubters make here on the forum regarding this topic and take away some of the recent flooding and pissing contests. Must be a win-win!

Not only that, given BL having a large disposable income, a seasoned international traveller and a fairly frequent returning visitor to Thailand who has apparently not had a Thailand visit for a while, because of the flexibility of his holiday entitlement being the senior in a business, one would think that although seven months into the year for a regular visitor to make his first Thailand visit of the year might be on the longish side, it would be a gilt-edged chance to kill a few birds with one stone. What reason could BL possibly have not to take advantage of what would seem to be an ideal Thailand break? My post is meant as a positive suggestion, I don't mean in any way to detract from krobbies OP, I'm guessing krobbie might be amenable to such a proposal if it were to transpire.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2011, 03:55
So there is a fantastic opportunity to put to bed, as it were, any lingering doubts as to Beachlovers claim of his being everything he claims he is

And all he has to do is just happen to be in Bangkok in the same two week period that Krobbie is?! Or do you expect him to go there especially?

krobbie
May 21st, 2011, 08:27
So there is a fantastic opportunity to put to bed, as it were, any lingering doubts as to Beachlovers claim of his being everything he claims he is

And all he has to do is just happen to be in Bangkok in the same two week period that Krobbie is?! Or do you expect him to go there especially?

If he came especially I would be especially welcoming, which is my nature. I if he isn't in BKK at the same time, which seems more likely as it is low season, all the folk that doubt Beachlovers authenticity will just have to continue to loose sleep over it if they wish. Me? I have other interests.

Cheers though,
Krobbie

Beachlover
May 21st, 2011, 12:38
I wasn't being sarky or facetious in any way, I was being serious.
Ok, I now appreciate your suggestion is well-intended so let me answer seriously and make this clear...

I've no intention to prove who I am. Or alter my travel plans to satisfy some online people whoтАЩve got this vocal obsession with who I am and no impact on my physical life whatsoever. Also, suppose I met you. What does it prove, aside from being Asian and mid-twenties? Do I then have to show my passport stamps and occupation?

KrobbieтАЩs a lovely guy and I would enjoy a couple of Long Island Ice Teas with him but not in this тАЬprove yourselfтАЭ context.

As for your gobbing off assumptions on whether I've been to Thailand this year... where I've been recently isn't something I comment on.

krobbie
May 23rd, 2011, 11:22
KrobbieтАЩs a lovely guy and I would enjoy a couple of Long Island Ice Teas with him but not in this тАЬprove yourselfтАЭ context.

Oh jeez Beach, now you've got me blushing. Actually BKK is the perfect place for a tall glass with ice, several dashes of 5 assorted light coloured spirits and a splash of Coke AKA Long Island Iced Tea. The last time I had more than one of these was several years ago in Hawaii at Hamburger Mary's. I was a particularly sad sight to behold next day.

Krobbie

Beachlover
May 23rd, 2011, 20:38
BKK is the perfect place for a tall glass with ice, several dashes of 5 assorted light coloured spirits and a splash of Coke AKA Long Island Iced Tea. The last time I had more than one of these was several years ago in Hawaii at Hamburger Mary's. I was a particularly sad sight to behold next day.
Yeah... Long Islands are so tasty it's easy to forget how many shots you're downing in one drink! I've a mate who has a habit of ordering a round of these when we go out sometimes, only he tells the bar tender to put in double shots of everything, sending everyone downhill from there!

May 24th, 2011, 21:04
guys I know that I am new to this forum and maybe I should mind my own business, but how comes that every post, even the bumbest, becomes an excuse to be bitchy. Why can't we just have normal "conversations" and stick to the subject of the post...the fact that we are gays does not necessarily imply that we must act like bitches.

kisses

krobbie
May 26th, 2011, 02:13
luni,
Will you be in BKK in early July? No?

Point taken about those who use the forum to kvetch and snipe. Since you are a newby I think I need to tell you to "harden up" or some of these guys will eat you.

Cheers luni,
krobbie

May 26th, 2011, 14:07
luni,
Will you be in BKK in early July? No?

Point taken about those who use the forum to kvetch and snipe. Since you are a newby I think I need to tell you to "harden up" or some of these guys will eat you.

Cheers luni,
krobbie

thanks for the tip dude...I am "hardening up" as we speak ;-) ...(sorry...could not resist...it's a stupid joke but I had to write it all the same ;-) )

"Unfortunately" I will be in bkk at the end of August, so, unless you plan to stay there for more than a month we will not be able to meet...at least not this time.

thanks again for the suggestion, I have already started to avoid answering some posts that can lead to futile discussions and insults.

Once you come back please let us know I was your trip.

Have fun

kisses

Beachlover
June 7th, 2011, 20:16
Since you are a newby I think I need to tell you to "harden up" or some of these guys will eat you.
Heh... short and sweet advice. Should be given to every newbie here.

nguyn.li
June 7th, 2011, 22:40
I am in BKK from June 30 until July 16 and was wondering if any other SGT members will be around at this time.

I have met some of the SGT posters from time to time and have rarely been disappointed.

Cheers
Krobbie

I'm going to Bangkok on the afternoon of June 28. I will be there until July 9. Hope to see you.

krobbie
June 8th, 2011, 02:52

Cheers
Krobbie

I'm going to Bangkok on the afternoon of June 28. I will be there until July 9. Hope to see you.
Thanks nguyn.li (is that Vietnamese?) Check your PM's.

Cheers
Krobbie

June 9th, 2011, 07:13
Hey I'm arriving in Bkk on the 29th June for at least a week or so and then travelling either in LOS or elsewhere in Asia for the rest of July ( no set plans yet), always happy to grab a beer (or two ) and say Hi as unlike some on this board I don't see what all the fuss is about re hiding ones identity. I've never felt the need to and don't intend to start now, so, yep, beers good anytime for me if you fancy it!

anonone
June 9th, 2011, 07:41
In Pattaya at the beginning of July...arriving just in time for all the election fun!

Wouldn't mind grabbing a drink with a reasonably sane SGT member.

krobbie
June 10th, 2011, 03:25
Hey I'm arriving in Bkk on the 29th June for at least a week or so and then travelling either in LOS or elsewhere in Asia for the rest of July ( no set plans yet), always happy to grab a beer (or two ) and say Hi as unlike some on this board I don't see what all the fuss is about re hiding ones identity. I've never felt the need to and don't intend to start now, so, yep, beers good anytime for me if you fancy it!

Check your PM's.

krobbie
June 10th, 2011, 03:28
In Pattaya at the beginning of July...arriving just in time for all the election fun!

Wouldn't mind grabbing a drink with a reasonably sane SGT member.

Check your PM's