PDA

View Full Version : New owner. Did I miss the announcement.

lonelywombat
May 19th, 2011, 09:09
I see on Tingtong. Jnks posted that there was a new owner here. Did I miss the announcement on this forum?. Even LMTU claims to have all the details.

There are a number of former posters waiting to see what changes are to be made, new rules introduced and any policy statement.

Can we get an indication as to what is going on, Please.

thonglor55
May 19th, 2011, 09:17
There are a number of former posters waiting to see what changes are to be made, new rules introduced and any policy statement.How many? What are their names?

krobbie
May 20th, 2011, 02:32
I see on Tingtong. Jnks posted that there was a new owner here... Can we get an indication as to what is going on, Please.

Lonely, I'm a bit curious myself. I guess we will know in due course.

Krobbie

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 03:40
Are you two so damn lazy you can't read ES thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/moving-t21040.html) on the subject?

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2011, 06:23
Are you two so damn lazy you can't read ES thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/moving-t21040.html) on the subject?

Please show me the announcement details of the new owner in that thread, if you are so f**** g clever. I was hoping to see guidelines introduced like say baht-stop where there is a maximum of 7 posts a day. That would clip your wings somewhat [50 plus per week of your drivel!] still short of beachlovers 27 in one day last year.

Maybe new guidelines to stop the pissing contests between the usual 5?

LMTU on GB claims to know the new owner and how much he paid. Was that in the thread you gave a link to?
Jinks went to GTT to post but stopped short on detail.

You seem to be on a mission to outflood beachlover on this forum. ATM you seem to be in front on a weekly basis. The forum suffering as a result.

krobbie
May 20th, 2011, 07:13

As a matter of fact I did read that long winded thread. The info from ES was important but still no definitive answer as to who may be the new owner. Perhaps you can enlighten us all?

Krobbie

May 20th, 2011, 07:32
LMTU on GB claims to know the new owner and how much he paid

For fucks sake, why would you believe anything that half wit had to say.

Smiles
May 20th, 2011, 07:58
For fucks sake, why would you believe anything that half wit had to say.Your language is truly embarrassing to this college of gentlemen.
But . . . here's another half-wit flooding every message board known to man ... one dear to all our hearts: Replying to a purported whole-wit on Baht Stop (itself near bereft of that breed):
" ... But Smiles currently posts as "Once In Awhile" on SGT and "Once In A Long While" here. On SGT, over 80% of his posts under this handle are simply attacking other posters he does like, such as Wesley, Combat/Sanook and myself. Sometimes, attacking other posters is all he does. He uses a secondary identity to do this because he doesn't want to come across as being an even greater arsehole than he already is ... "Your use of the word 'fucking' (in any context) is easily enough proof that I am not you . . . apparently ~ in the Beachlovarian world of half-witticisms ~ because it is not within the 'Smiles' persona.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 09:44
~ because it is not within the 'Smiles' persona.Have you considered that, like the main character in The United States of Tara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_Tara), you enjoy multiple personalities?

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 10:04
The info from ES was important but still no definitive answer as to who may be the new owner. Perhaps you can enlighten us all?Why do you believe you're entitled to such information? It seems an entirely impertinent request.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2011, 10:32
The info from ES was important but still no definitive answer as to who may be the new owner. Perhaps you can enlighten us all?Why do you believe you're entitled to such information? It seems an entirely impertinent request.

The OP asked about changes to be made, new rules and a policy statement.see quote below. Why is it inpertinent. Surely you would rank as one on the most inpertinent if not rudest people on this board.

There are a number of former posters waiting to see what changes are to be made, new rules introduced and any policy statement.

Now you have posted 10 times today with another 10 hours left, keep posting and a limit on daily posts could be at the top of his things to do.

Smiles
May 20th, 2011, 10:37
" ... Surely you would rank as one on the most inpertinent if not rudest people on this board ... "Surely you meant Shirley?
Hey Lonely ... the charming Beachlover has some choice words for you as well, on some Board, somewhere, on some thread. Don't ask me.
Google it.

I would think Elephantspike will answer regarding the future of Sawatdee (either with him or without him) in due course, to his timetable. Just asking 'around' what's going on is shirley a mugs game at this point, and invites conspiracy theories and ignorant delusions.

May 20th, 2011, 10:40

Surely you must be the most pedantic member, quoting yourself and referring to yourself in the third person as the "OP" in the same thread.

Beachlover
May 20th, 2011, 10:50
Lonely... All that's been said so far is SGT has a new owner. Jinks announced it somewhere (may have been another board).

Personally, I'm curious, but otherwise not bothered whether the new owner reveals who he is or how much he paid, as long as any "policy changes" are clearly communicated. It might even be healthier for the board if the owner stays anonymous as on Baht-Stop.

I was hoping to see guidelines introduced
FFS... WHY the hell would you want to make SGT more like Baht-Stop or GBT? SGT's success is built on liberal moderation and relative freedom. This is the space it's positioned in. If you don't like the outcome, just post elsewhere!

Why can't you just skip over posts/posters you don't like? You're NEVER going to be happy with every poster on ANY board. You're so childishly PEDANTIC you bitch no matter what direction a board takes! You'll always be bitching about something... Yet you've never outlined the kind of board you would like and how that should be achieved.

easily enough proof
Easily enough proof? Evidently this is the same standard of "proof" you applied to calling cdnmatt, myself and just about everyone else you've attacked a phoney...

Can I prove that Once In Awhile is you? No - never possible. But I'm still convinced that "Smiles" is NOT the only handle you have and are posting under. It's clear you're a smug, cranky arsehole who attacks people without justification or reasoning.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2011, 11:42

Surely you must be the most pedantic member, quoting yourself and referring to yourself in the third person as the "OP" in the same thread.

I thought I was using OP for original post not poster. My sides are still shaking from your comment about referring in the third person. You are the the expert in that field.. Your dry humour was not intentional I am sure.

Smiles
May 20th, 2011, 11:48
" ... Evidently this is the same standard of "proof" you applied to calling cdnmatt, myself and just about everyone else you've attacked a phoney ... "
Sweetie, that was self evident (the 'phony' part of you that is) ... you prove it every time you put finger to keyboard.

elephantspike
May 20th, 2011, 12:28
There will be a new owner. The sale has not taken place yet. There has been a verbal agreement. The prospective buyer is a longtime regular poster here who does not wish to be named yet at this point in time. He has indicated that he intends to keep things pretty much exactly as they have been guidelines-wise and moderation-wise as well as layout-wise.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2011, 14:45
There will be a new owner. The sale has not taken place yet. There has been a verbal agreement. The prospective buyer is a longtime regular poster here who does not wish to be named yet at this point in time. He has indicated that he intends to keep things pretty much exactly as they have been guidelines-wise and moderation-wise as well as layout-wise.

That is disappointing. It was hoped that a change for the better long overdue, was in the wind.

May 20th, 2011, 15:26
My vast experience of multi-trillion dollar takeovers, mergers, and aquisitions enables me to advise the gentle readers of SGT that, in such cases, the prospective purchaser invariably goes into purdah during the negotiations.

Therefore one only has to look at who has been posting far less pish than he normally would - thus eliminating Thonglor, Beachy, and myself, as we are each posting more pish than ever.

No, you must look for somebody who up to 2 weeks ago could not keep his extremely active trap shut, and who has now fallen almost completely silent.

The suspense will be soon be over and when it is, the fat lady will sing yet again.

:occasion9:

kittyboy
May 20th, 2011, 17:06
My vast experience of multi-trillion dollar takeovers, mergers, and aquisitions enables me to advise the gentle readers of SGT that, in such cases, the prospective purchaser invariably goes into purdah during the negotiations.

Therefore one only has to look at who has been posting far less pish than he normally would - thus eliminating Thonglor, Beachy, and myself, as we are each posting more pish than ever.

No, you must look for somebody who up to 2 weeks ago could not keep his extremely active trap shut, and who has now fallen almost completely silent.

The suspense will be soon be over and when it is, the fat lady will sing yet again.
:occasion9:
LOL - Trillion dollar takeovers, M&As? I think you need a Donald Trump like reality show...The Pattaya Apprentice...the winner gets a one year contact to apprentice with you as a Pattaya retiree -We could call you The Scotty :)
I would try out for the position but my career as a not very successful teacher is flattening out and I do not want to ruin my chance at mediocrity by retiring early.

newalaan
May 20th, 2011, 17:13
Sweetie, that was self evident (the 'phony' part of you that is) ... you prove it every time you put finger to keyboard
Hey Lonely ... the charming Beachlover has some choice words for you as well, on some Board, somewhere, on some thread. Don't ask me.Google it.
Your language is truly embarrassing to this college of gentlemen. But . . . here's another half-wit flooding every message board known to man ... one dear to all our hearts: Replying to a purported whole-wit on Baht Stop (itself near bereft of that breed): Beachlover (on Baht Stop) wrote:" ... But Smiles etc..... come across as being an even greater arsehole than he already is ... "Your use of the word 'fucking' (in any context) is easily enough proof that I am not you . . . apparently ~ in the Beachlovarian world of half-witticisms ~ because it is not within the 'Smiles' persona. Far be it for me..........to pick up on the hypocracy of others, but, wasn't the accusation levelled at the posters on another thread by you who took it off topic to engage in petty infighting and personal jabs rather than 'in private' that they were nothing more than "drama queens". That was of course before you then went on to continue on that very same thread with an off-topic post regarding a smiles blog and BL, yourself. Yes "Drama queens" was your verdict. Why is it you seem to think your uncanny gaybuttesque brass-neck style of criticising others posting habits,then doing exactly the same yourself, as evidenced above will go unnoticed.

That is disappointing. It was hoped that a change for the better long overdue, was in the wind.Why disappointing Lonely? You've yet to find out all the details. I would be interested to know what 'change' you are hoping for.

Yes we are all hoping the real forum flooders,the real trolls and sniping bores would just disappear, but that is not going to happen is it? So what are the options? Running a forum as per gaybutt and reducing it to nothing more than an blog with a few invited 'buddies', add in a gaggle of sycophants and the rest are either regurgitated topics or those which fall in line with the views of the owner. Both GTT and Gaythailand are run in the same way as Gaybutt, where if you don't make posts to the satisfaction of the owners, they get deleted. Just look at those 3 alone, they are dead on their feet. I am a member of all yet hardly find it worth reading there nowadays let alone bother to post.

Consistant and stubborn trolls are nearly impossible to totally control if at the same time you want to allow the forum to be free running in both opinion and comments.Jinx policy of continually banning handles I think was more trouble to him than the effort he had to put into it. I find that the best way is just to leave the troll handles, if the forum picks up the relevant and interesting posts/threads increase they kind-of drown out alot of the trolling. Also keeping the troll handles allows one to deal with them in the most efficient way in my opinion, and that is to simply go by a post made by a known troll, it's alot easier than having trolls resurrect new handles and you click onto their posts because you don't realise what they are. My opinions only.

Again, exactly what realistic changes are you hoping for Lonely?

Smiles
May 20th, 2011, 18:47
"... but, wasn't the accusation levelled at the posters on another thread by you who took it off topic to engage in petty infighting and personal jabs rather than 'in private' that they were nothing more than "drama queens" ... "
God knows I shouldn't bother with this, but in this one case only I will: If you take a look at that 'Drama Queen' comment in that very short reply, you might just notice that I was responding to a Member who's Board handle is 'Dramaqueen'.

So, as I'm sure an intelligent dude like yourself (thinks of himself) would agree, the response was nothing more than a little joke which was difficult to pass up under the circumstances. The two guys he could have been referring to could easily have been anyone, and I would have still made the joke simply because of the handle.
Hell, it could have been you ... and I wish it was: the whole minor issue would've made better sense in more ways than one.

Anyway, the post is here << gay-thailand-f9/the-krazy-dragon-closed-t21063-15.html#p224981 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/the-krazy-dragon-closed-t21063-15.html#p224981) >> directly under your excellent and scathing critique of you-know-who.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 18:48
... the hypocracy of others, ... an blog ... impossible to totally control... alot ... Again, exactly what realistic changes are you hoping for Lonely?Correct spelling, a lack of split infinitives, appropriate use of the indefinite article??? Just a guess.
So, as I'm sure an intelligent dude like yourself (thinks of himself) would agree, the response was nothing more than a little joke which was difficult to pass up under the circumstances. The two guys he could have been referring to could easily have been anyone, and I would have still made the joke simply because of the handle.As I've said before, were SGT a school, newalaan would be in the Special Needs class.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2011, 19:02
That is disappointing. It was hoped that a change for the better long overdue, was in the wind.

Why disappointing Lonely? You've yet to find out all the details. I would be interested to know what 'change' you are hoping for.

Again, exactly what realistic changes are you hoping for Lonely?

I would be disappointed if this forum was taken over by a gay bar/venue.

I would be disappointed if you and thonglor55 are allowed to continue as you have.

I would be disappointed if flood posters like you and beachlover are still tolerated.

I would be disappointed if the pissing contests are allowed to continue.

Just a quick summary, I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

May 20th, 2011, 19:18
As I've said before, were SGT a school, newalaan would be in the Special Needs class.

And you would be in a corner facing the wall wearing a funny little pointed hat!

newalaan
May 20th, 2011, 20:27
Just a quick summary, I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way.Fine, you've listed some of your pet hates and the things you would be disappointed to see continue, we know all that already, but the question was, what would you do about it and how could it be realistically policed. It was a fair question, not in any way malicious or insulting, why you felt the need to reply in the same terms as the type of posters you criticise is up to you, as they say. And by the way you are not slow to criticise or to let loose a diatribe yourself now and again. First you would need to practise what you preach.

I would be disappointed if flood posters like you and beachlover are still tolerated.How you could possibly class someone as a flood poster with the little over 100 posts, as I have to my name, and compare it to BL (thousands on posts) and YOU yourself who has over 2000 posts, it's this kind of thoughtless drivel which does not help a fair debate. In what way can 100 posts possibly be classed as flooding. Utter nonsense. You are every bit as guilty of some of the negative aspects of this board as others, it was a reasonalble question asked in a reasonable manner of your views on what you could realistically expect as an outcome in any of the changes you so desire, a reply could have been made without you needing to resort to petty insults.

I would be disappointed if you are allowed to continue as you haveVirtually all the negative retorts I make here are in reply to pompous, overblown egoists and any poster who takes the first swing. I rarely get completely and fully drawn into pissing contests, i think only twice when scottish-guy in particular unleashed foul-mouthed diatribes when I had the audacity to make comment about his dramatic, over-the-top self-indulgent bullying manner and when i had the nerve to comment that I considered his favourite brand of whiskey was a waste of money. If you really think that I, or anybody for that matter, is not going to stand up to the bullying and arrogance of the self-obssessed , then you really need to get a grip on the reality that is forum life, interaction and debate.

Now have you any realistic positive comments on my original question, or are you going to simply join in with the same negative posts you criticise others of? I made my reply to continue the debate as to how things could change and if there are any realistically enforceable measures which could be taken, such as a limit to the amount of post one is allowed daily.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 22:00
And you would be in a corner facing the wall wearing a funny little pointed hat!What a very odd school you must have attended, combat, if the children dressed up like that. Was it Hogwarts?

May 20th, 2011, 22:04
Was it Hogwarts?
I believe that is more a description of her unfortunate affliction rather than the old Alma Mater

May 20th, 2011, 22:05
What a very odd school you must have attended combat if the children dressed up like that. Was it Hogwarts?

'Borstal' that's why I enjoy bullying mouthy board Trolls like you.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 22:10
More interestingly for some, what was your last post on something other than me, combat? A cursory Search on your posts over the past few weeks has mentions of, or responses to me running close to 100%. That, and brown-nosing Beachlover, which is often the same thing. This obsession can't be healthy for you, especially in your declining years and living alone as you do.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 22:13
... it's this kind of thoughtless drivel ...I say lonelywombat, would you mind making your drivel more thoughtful?

May 20th, 2011, 22:17
More interestingly for some, what was your last post on something other than me, combat? A cursory Search on your posts over the past few weeks has mentions of, or responses to me running close to 100%. That, and brown-nosing Beachlover, which is often the same thing. This obsession can't be healthy for you, especially in your declining years and living alone as you do.

Coming from someone who spends all day on line searching other users previous posts you would know all about being old, lonely, and bored Trollor.

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 22:23
Coming from someone who spends all day on line searching other users previous posts you would know all about being old, lonely, and bored Trollor.Proving my point once more! But you are correct, we are so similar there are many, I wouldn't be surprised, who regard us as twins.

newalaan
May 21st, 2011, 00:02
Special Needs class.Speaking of which, on the "fat lady has sung" thread, a couple of the trolls indicated their intention not to follow over to a forum with a new owner, as thonglor put it, he would not be 'crossing over', could you indulge us by taking your special needs with you in advance of the move to a new owner, if you could delete all your posts too that would free up considerable space for interesting and relevant items to take their place.

When can we expect your disappearance? Did the overwhelming non-response, bar a token muttering, to the announcement of the trolls resignations on the "fat lady has sung" thread along with the deafening silence of cries for reconsidering their offer, not give some indication to you as to the feelings of the rest of the membership to the "loss"? If you MUST hang around until the takeover is complete, we can only hope for a speedy resolution.

The resignations on the "fat lady has sung" thread will go some way to helping the success of the forum with the new owner/owners, although I would hope kquill might reconsider.

Beachlover
May 21st, 2011, 12:52
I would be disappointed if...
Lonely, don't you see something wrong with the fact that your only stance is to bitch and complain about what you DON'T want to see?

You've offered NO opinion on what you WOULD like to see and HOW you think that can be viably achieved. You bitch about moderation on GBT. You bitch about moderation here. Why don't you start a board or become a mod yourself so you can see what it's like to be in the driving seat and tied to the outcome?

You are forever going to be disappointed because (just as catawampuscat was) you are childishly pedantic and not at all practical or constructive in your constant stream of complaints.

How you could possibly class someone as a flood poster with the little over 100 posts, as I have to my name... a reply could have been made without you needing to resort to petty insults... I rarely get completely and fully drawn into pissing contests
I AGREE with everything you say in this post but for the sake of accuracy, you do have plenty more than 100 posts under your previous username/s. You've also engaged in a few lengthy pissing contests (not just the one with Scottish). There's nothing wrong with a pissing contest if it's entertaining and not too intrusive. This is SGT...

I find that the best way is just to leave the troll handles, if the forum picks up the relevant and interesting posts/threads increase they kind-of drown out alot of the trolling. Also keeping the troll handles allows one to deal with them in the most efficient way in my opinion, and that is to simply go by a post made by a known troll, it's alot easier than having trolls resurrect new handles and you click onto their posts because you don't realise what they are.
I agree, Jinks has been smart about this... On a low-moderation forum, this requires less effort and works MUCH better than continually deleting them.

Justme hasn't been completely quiet but he did say somewhere that he wanted to take a back seat and focus on just posting events and updates about his bar...