PDA

View Full Version : He's back = Monty is back in town.

jinks
May 15th, 2011, 14:26
[attachment=0:2ozeq5ox]MagicofMonty.jpg[/attachment:2ozeq5ox]

bigben
May 15th, 2011, 15:00
Welcome home ya old git........ :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

cdnmatt
May 15th, 2011, 16:08
What the hell is a "cheese supper"?

May 15th, 2011, 16:45
What the hell is a "cheese supper"?

Sounds like something you might get from someone who is unhygienic Matt..

May 15th, 2011, 17:04
Without intending to sound nasty,sorry I am not a fan and thus would not be there.
I found him quite rude and very selfish.
I hope that no one is offended by my comments but there are many others far worthy in the gay community who actually do something to help others but dont get or seek recognition.
This man ran a bar,what is so good about him?

thonglor55
May 15th, 2011, 17:13
What the hell is a "cheese supper"?It's something you have while giving a head job to someone who hasn't got a clean foreskin.

PinkSilom
May 15th, 2011, 19:43
. . .there are many others far worthy in the gay community who actually do something to help others but dont get or seek recognition.
Thankfully, these anonymous doers of charitable acts made you aware of their philanthropy.

pennyboy
May 16th, 2011, 02:04
I agree with tony . I also found him to be rude and aggressive and have never understood all the adoration given to him. He's back ok. I will just avoid him.

bao-bao
May 16th, 2011, 04:22
On my first exploration to Jomtien one afternoon I went into Monty's to say hello, based on things I'd read here on SGT about him being a decent fellow overall. There wasn't anyone inside but there were a few regulars on the small porch out front who invited me to have a seat and join them. Monty soon came out to join us. I sat and had a very pleasant chat with the four others there, and when I called for my check bin Monty said "nope, not today - this is on me."

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/MontysEmpty.jpg

Whatever experiences others may have to offer, my first impressions of the man were positive. I was sorry to see the place gutted and empty my last visit, and certainly wish him good health and the best of luck at whatever he enterprise he chooses to try this time... if anything.

Welcome back, Monty.

May 16th, 2011, 04:54
On my first exploration to Jomtien one afternoon I went into Monty's to say hello... Welcome back, Monty.

I am not in any way a fan of Jomtien but, being Scottish, your mention of the possibility of a free drink obviously aroused my interest.....

....Until you revealed that one has to chat to the "regulars" to procure it.

:laughing3:

Dboy
May 16th, 2011, 07:40
Welcome back Monty!

Dboy

Patexpat
May 16th, 2011, 11:29
I agree with tony . I also found him to be rude and aggressive and have never understood all the adoration given to him. He's back ok. I will just avoid him.

yes, me too. 'loveable rogue' would be the absolute kindest description that could be applied to him assuming you are wearing tinted glasses.

Wesley
May 16th, 2011, 12:26
Without intending to sound nasty,sorry I am not a fan and thus would not be there.
I found him quite rude and very selfish.
I hope that no one is offended by my comments but there are many others far worthy in the gay community who actually do something to help others but dont get or seek recognition.
This man ran a bar,what is so good about him?

I Agree, I found nothing about him when we met on a couple occasions that would make me fee like I would what to go to his Bar or be a part of any thing he DOES , he seemed sleazy at best to me. However, he He Could Be God sent for ALL I KNOW. BUT BUT THE WORDS SELFISH USED DO COME TO MIND. BEST KISS HIS ASS IN THE BEGINNING If YOU WAT ANYTHING FROM HIM.

May 16th, 2011, 14:00
He gave you a free drink? Wow ! Your easily pleased,must be something about you.
I can be your friend too.

Dani69
May 21st, 2011, 02:39
Monty Mania ---WTF i walked past his new bar today and it looks pretty ordinary to me , as were the boys, ok i am only coming to Pattaya for 5 years and I missed his first -coming, just another ordinary beer bar to me.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2011, 03:36
This would be the same Monty who organised a fund raising event with BBB, which raised no money for charity.

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 07:52
This would be the same Monty who organised a fund raising event with BBB, which raised no money for charity.

You as usual have got your curlies in a knot. Billy left Monty holding the bill for the balance of the food and drinks bill ordered by Billy.

Billy arranged the function at Montys in Jomtien. I think your nasty comment is typical of many of your postings.

cut and pasted from a locked thread 17 sept 2007
Monty on The facts of Billy's bash

As I was to open my new venue at the Enchanted Hut I suggested to Billy that he have a going away bash. Billy agreed and said he contribute 5000B towards the night. I explained that as this would only about cover the drinks bill I would provide the snacks, the show and the venue free.
I did tell Billy NOT to do the event for charity and not to charge 200 b. entry fee as there was not enough time to organise it properly. I did invite Take Care to hold a raffle if they wished. Most of that group turned up but did not hold a raffle. All postings about the bash and all references to charity were made by Billy, NOT by me.
Billy turned up late on the night with 6 boys in all.
My total costs for the night amounted to 6800B. Billy gave 2000B on the night promising to pay the agreed balance of 3000B. the following day. He did not do so. The next day my manager phoned him and he said he was in Bangkok. He hung up when I tried to speak with him. Within 1 hour somebody phoned me to say that Billy was in Sunnee Plaza. My manager went to Sunnee Plaza, found him and gave him the bill. He walked away and said he would pay tomorrow. He refused to talk to me on my managers phone. To date he has not paid.
In most bars the manager is responsible for unpaid bills but I take responsibility in this case for being a bad judge of character.
Billy will never again be welcome at Monty's and if he ever pays the 3000B. I will give it to charity.
These are the facts. Draw your own conclusions.
This is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.
Monty.

May 21st, 2011, 08:20
Believe 25 per cent of what you read,but with the above statement I may believe 5 per cent..... just to be nice.
I believe he(Monty) also wrote on the internet about another former customer who was to have been alleged to used too much electricity in the guesthouse he used to own and was chasing him for this "debt".
Quite unethical in my opinion to be writing personal details about his business affairs with customers over the internet.
As I said we only read one side of the story.

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 08:23
Believe 25 per cent of what you read,but with the above statement I may believe 5 per cent just to be nice.

Well I hope you have the guts to say that to Monty in person.

thonglor55
May 21st, 2011, 09:06
Believe 25 per cent of what you read,but with the above statement I may believe 5 per cent just to be nice.Well I hope you have the guts to say that to Monty in person.Would he care?

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 11:51
Believe 25 per cent of what you read,but with the above statement I may believe 5 per cent just to be nice.

I wet myself laughing at tonyfromkent64's post , another beachlover in the making. Another johnny come lately that is an expert on everything.

Monty will never be rich. As fast as he makes a dollar, he spends it on someone less fortunate than himself. There are many people still in Pattaya that remember the boys he has helped and supported, in their time of need. He does not brag, just does whatever he can.

Montys show was his old magic show and a bits and pieces of his old shows from Jomtien and the pool bar.Lot of whisky flowing and many of his friends popping in to see him. Poor choice of night as all the expat teachers had returned to BKK as school started next morning. Cannot be late for the ankle biters.

Not surprised that memories were somewhat hazy for those that stayed for more than a while, for La Cage's Monty magic night on wednesday.

Breakfast is open at his new cafe but the Wallaby room upstairs not open for a while yet. You cannot miss the place as there is a huge sign strung across the soi opposite La Cage. Friends were asking if Monty plans to deliver dinner at night to La Cage but there was no comment.

Good excuse to visit La Cage for their nightly happy hour, 2 drinks for price of one and to drop in on Monty.

May 21st, 2011, 11:58
Well that's your opinion Sir and your welcome to it !

Beachlover
May 21st, 2011, 13:01
Monty on The facts of Billy's bash ... Billy will never again be welcome at Monty's and if he ever pays the 3000B. I will give it to charity...
The person Monty refers to in this previous post is "tonyfromkent64", previously AKA BadBoyBilly... Hence his animosity towards Monty.

I think your nasty comment is typical of many of your postings.
Brad's allowed to offer his opinion. You've made plenty of bitchy comments yourself, Lonely...

thonglor55
May 21st, 2011, 13:55
Monty on The facts of Billy's bash ... Billy will never again be welcome at Monty's and if he ever pays the 3000B. I will give it to charity...The person Monty refers to in this previous post is "tonyfromkent64", previously AKA BadBoyBilly... Morte of the cyber-bully (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/cyber-bullying-t21089.html) mentality.

May 21st, 2011, 14:28
Monty on The facts of Billy's bash ... Billy will never again be welcome at Monty's and if he ever pays the 3000B. I will give it to charity...The person Monty refers to in this previous post is "tonyfromkent64", previously AKA BadBoyBilly... Morte of the cyber-bully (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-guidelines-and-discussion-f11/cyber-bullying-t21089.html) mentality.

Did you mean more? Please Sir can I have more? Mooooooooooooooore? You want moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore?

thonglor55
May 21st, 2011, 14:36
Did you mean more? I may have meant "Maude" - reputedly Beachlover's name when he goes about in drag. Freudian slip I'm afraid.

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2011, 14:43
Did you mean more? I may have meant "Maude" - reputedly Beachlover's name when he goes about in drag. Freudian slip I'm afraid.

Maude seems so appropiate She was my wifes favourite character on TV. Somehow the name seems right for the cyber bullies being talked about.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2011, 19:46

You as usual have got your curlies in a knot. Billy left Monty holding the bill for the balance of the food and drinks bill ordered by Billy.

Billy arranged the function at Montys in Jomtien. I think your nasty comment is typical of many of your postings.

cut and pasted from a locked thread 17 sept 2007
Monty on The facts of Billy's bash

As I was to open my new venue at the Enchanted Hut I suggested to Billy that he have a going away bash. All postings about the bash and all references to charity were made by Billy, NOT by me.
This is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.
Monty.

As I recall after this statement was made a poster provided a photo of a billboard outside Monty's new venue advertising that evening as a charity event, which demonstrated active participation by Monty in the promotion of the evening. In an atmosphere of scepticism in Pattaya at the time that some charity events were more beneficial to the bar owners than to the charities, this was an unfortunate evening which did nothing to help other attempts at fund raising.

jolyjacktar
May 22nd, 2011, 15:36
Cant stand him myself. He use to talk to the Thai boys at his (sewage) pool bar calling them black bastards. yes what a kink old man he is (not) ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Wonder if he still dont wash his hands before he cooks...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dani69
May 23rd, 2011, 04:02
Have walked past a few times looked at the menu and boys and nothing appeals to me at all . Shall be giving it a big miss in the future.

May 23rd, 2011, 07:02
Dani ,I noticed you posted similar on the other board,however it seems they took it the wrong way.Mai Pen RAI

thonglor55
May 23rd, 2011, 14:17
Have walked past a few times looked at the menu and boys and nothing appeals to me at all . Shall be giving it a big miss in the future.That was the lunch menu I take it?