PDA

View Full Version : offline service child

May 14th, 2011, 16:36
That's the answer from a Thai boy on Camfrog after I asked what he did in Pattaya:

"I work as a child served offline"

What on earth does he do? :dontknow:

May 14th, 2011, 17:34
Sounds like "google translate" he was using.

pong
May 14th, 2011, 19:52
yes-seems yes another case of googling. DEK=child is a very common Thai name for what in the US/OZ would be ''the junior assistent''- I guess he works in some webshop. (taking the money and selling the coupons). Also very common is NAAK=older child, for student (naak rian=learn), or just naak kharn=work.

Sen Yai
May 14th, 2011, 21:07
That's the answer from a Thai boy on Camfrog after I asked what he did in Pattaya:

"I work as a child served offline"

What on earth does he do? :dontknow:

He is just saying that he is a waiter.

р╣Ар╕Фр╣Зр╕Бр╣Ар╕кр╕┤ р╕гр╣Мр╕Яр╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ = dek serf khrap

dek = child, serf = service or server or served so р╣Ар╕Фр╣Зр╕Бр╣Ар╕кр╕┤ р╕гр╣Мр╕Я = dekserf = waiter.

р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ = khrap, which is just the word that Thais add to then end of sentance to be polite but Google translates as 'offline' for some weird reason.

elephantspike
May 14th, 2011, 23:15
Wow. I'm a child served offline, too, I guess. :rolling:

Two41
May 16th, 2011, 08:26
р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ = khrap, which is just the word that Thais add to then end of sentence to be polite but Google translates as 'offline' for some weird reason.

Is it possible to inform Google of a better translation for this word?

thonglor55
May 16th, 2011, 09:48
р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ = khrap, which is just the word that Thais add to then end of sentance to be polite but Google translates as 'offline' for some weird reason.As I've said in another thread, Google has problems with such "filler" words that have no meaning and therefore no direct translation into another language. "nah" is another example. I doubt that Google can be instructed to ignore words.

May 16th, 2011, 10:12
OK thanks, in other words, he is a host in a host-bar.

This "offline" thing is as weird as the "tight" as a google interpretation of "khrub"

Sen Yai
May 16th, 2011, 13:16
Khrap and Khrub are just different transliterations of the same word р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ.

Google comes up with the translation 'tight' when the word is spelt р╕Др╕▒р╕Ъ (or 'khup') without the р╕г in the correct spelling р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ.

Thais often (lazily) say khup instead of khrap but the word р╕Др╕▒р╕Ъ does actually mean tight! Google can't cope with spelling errors, deliberate or otherwise, in any language.