PDA

View Full Version : best and cheaper sport shoes

May 13th, 2011, 23:06
Hi, where can I find the best and cheaper shoes in Bangkok!!! Thanks guys

luvthai-2
May 14th, 2011, 02:21
Best and Cheaper are entirely two different types of shoes. Being diabetic I can tell you that wearing cheap shoes will eventually lead to foot problems.

May 14th, 2011, 02:29
Try Pratunam market.

a447
May 14th, 2011, 08:08
At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. More money usually means a better shoe - or anything else, for that matter. I find buying cheap stuff is false economy.

kittyboy
May 17th, 2011, 06:23
Try Pratunam market.

Same question for Pattaya..where can I get best and cheap sport shoes...size 46 or 47.

And I do need other people to tell me how to spend my money...a few more trite sayings might help.
A stitch in time saves nine.
Pound wise penny foolish..or did I get that wrong way round?..Damn..Damn..I am slow.
False economies and all that...

I am so glad we have sooooo many smart guys on this board...I would never know how to spend my money unless other people told me how to spend it.

I mean who would have known that if you have diabetes and wear cheap shoes your foot will fall off!

May 17th, 2011, 15:12
.... who would have known that if you have diabetes and wear cheap shoes your foot will fall off!

Most people know that diabetics must take great care of their feet, so I am surprised at your comment . For diabetic people, any cuts or bruises caused by going around in bare feet or ill-fitting footwear can very quickly become a very serious matter indeed.

However, as the "danger" is only to diabetics and they will already know of it, I'm not sure why it was brought up! Public information maybe?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

thonglor55
May 17th, 2011, 15:34
Most people know that diabetics must take great care of their feet ...I doubt that that is true. "Most people" is a phrase I detest. I doubt that most people know any such thing. I might go as far as to say "most diabetics know" but I'm not sure that even that could be demonstrated. I realise that the usual nutters will now line up to say that I'm nit picking but I happen to believe you should use language to communicate, not to obfuscate, and statements/words like "most people" as well as the ever-popular "forever" or "never" are not helpful.

a447
May 17th, 2011, 20:56
I would never know how to spend my money unless other people told me how to spend it.

Who gave you any advice on how to spend your money??

May 17th, 2011, 22:38
Most people know that diabetics must take great care of their feet ...I doubt that that is true. "Most people" is a phrase I detest. I doubt that most people know any such thing. I might go as far as to say "most diabetics know" but I'm not sure that even that could be demonstrated. I realise that the usual nutters will now line up to say that I'm nit picking but I happen to believe you should use language to communicate, not to obfuscate, and statements/words like "most people" as well as the ever-popular "forever" or "never" are not helpful.

Feel better now?

:rolling:

Marsilius
May 17th, 2011, 23:41
In my experience, finding ANY shoes size 46 or 47 (UK sizes 11 or 12) in Thai shops is virtually impossible. Most retailers seem to stock up to size 44.5 or 45 (UK size 10) but nothing larger. It's a great shame as there are some very attractive styles available at competitive prices.

By the way, if you are ever there, a fantastic place for great High Street priced shoes in excellent styles is the Bata flagship store in Wenceslas Square, Prague.

jimnbkk
May 18th, 2011, 03:24

Eschew Obfuscation !

kittyboy
May 18th, 2011, 05:15
In my experience, finding ANY shoes size 46 or 47 (UK sizes 11 or 12) in Thai shops is virtually impossible. Most retailers seem to stock up to size 44.5 or 45 (UK size 10) but nothing larger. It's a great shame as there are some very attractive styles available at competitive prices.

By the way, if you are ever there, a fantastic place for great High Street priced shoes in excellent styles is the Bata flagship store in Wenceslas Square, Prague.

Oh well...I will poke around Pattaya when I get there and look for something.
Funny I have the same experience in china...shoes in sizes for ages 4 or 5 up to size 45 then nothing...I wonder if there something about sizes 46 and larger..bigger feet..smaller customer base?

kittyboy
May 18th, 2011, 05:29
.... who would have known that if you have diabetes and wear cheap shoes your foot will fall off!

Most people know that diabetics must take great care of their feet, so I am surprised at your comment . For diabetic people, any cuts or bruises caused by going around in bare feet or ill-fitting footwear can very quickly become a very serious matter indeed.

However, as the "danger" is only to diabetics and they will already know of it, I'm not sure why it was brought up! Public information maybe?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

IMHO - (thonglor55 - I believe that many if not most is applicable here,,,but I could be wrong ) Many if not most people relate to the world through the prism of their own experiences and when asked a question they often respond or answer it based on what they personally feel is important and assume the other person shares the same values or has the same concerns.

The original poster asked where can I find best cheap shoes (funny wording but I think most people understood the meaning) two of the responses were:

Being diabetic I can tell you that wearing cheap shoes will eventually lead to foot problems.
I find buying cheap stuff is false economy.

These responses do not answer the question of the original poster....IMHO they are a chance for an individual to tell the small world of SWGT what they find to be important. No harm in that but not really an answer to the original post.

Such is life but not informative on where to buy best cheap sport shoes in bkk.

thonglor55
May 18th, 2011, 08:46
IMHO - (thonglor55 - I believe that many if not most is applicable here,,,but I could be wrong ) Many if not most people relate to the world through the prism of their own experiences and when asked a question they often respond or answer it based on what they personally feel is important and assume the other person shares the same values or has the same concerns.Oh absolutely. In my experience (which may be atypical) most people have an inbuilt assumption that goes something like this:
"I'm normal"
"You're normal"
"Therefore you must like what I like, and think the way I think"
"If you disagree with me you're not normal"

Whereas I know that most people I encounter don't think the way I think (many people don't think at all - you can read their comments on here all the time - hullo combat). The bullies on this Board (hullo combat again) take that one step further and start calling those who disagree with them names and engage in other anti-social behavior (hullo newalaan) such as wishing for the poster's death (hullo Beachlover).

newalaan
May 18th, 2011, 17:00
and engage in other anti-social behavior (hullo newalaanIt's the first I've heard that being truthful about a troller and exposing their prejudices could be classed as anti-social behaviour, but I suppose thonglor might well think in those terms, given he freely admits to being a contrary, stubborn old colonial racist, or in his words "atypical".

But your post has given me a great deal of satisfaction and I am heartened to have it confirmed by you that my exposing of your monotonous boring rhetoric about whatever latest nit-picking insignificance you have decided to afford us the benfit of your 'font of wisdom' on, has evidently 'got to you'. It seems far more than even I could have predicted, given you can't go through a single thread now without referencing me. Please continue the name-checks, at least it lets me know that I am continuning in the right direction. Pity there is nothing more worthwhile in your forum flooding for me to do it more regularly, but i'm afraid the contents of 99% of your posts make it simply 'not worth the effort'. Try posting something of actual interest, maybe a topic which doesn't include you talking about yourself, see if that helps.

The bullies on this Board Shouldn't that read WE bullies thonglor?

Sorry, but even I cannot manufacture some comment or offer something helpful about "best and cheaper sports shoes" to keep my post on topic.

thonglor55
May 18th, 2011, 17:35
... given he freely admits to being a contrary, stubborn old colonial ..."colonial"!!! How bullying is that! I'm an American and proud of it.

newalaan
May 18th, 2011, 22:17
"colonial"!!! How bullying is that! I'm an American and proud of it.You're consistant and predictable if nothing else. As I said here.......

Pity there is nothing more worthwhile in your forum flooding Yes I know you are American, you're spelling constantly gives you away. You're also slow and dim in not realising the new advocates of colonialism are the Americans, however it is colonising-by-stealth in that their colonialist aspirations are led by those shining examples of quality American exports MacDonalds, Burgerking and KFC...

Sorry, I really thought colonial referred to things discharged from the colon, a bit like the 'bulk' of your posting content and probably more apt for you thonglor, my mistake.

Beachlover
May 18th, 2011, 23:36
Shouldn't that read WE bullies thonglor?
Newalaan... Thonglor55 is a reincarnation of Homintern, the moronic poster who previously faked his own death here. He has several other handles he has used.

May 18th, 2011, 23:43
Shouldn't that read WE bullies thonglor?
Newalaan... Thonglor55 is a reincarnation of Homintern, the moronic poster who previously faked his own death here. He has several other handles he has used.

He bullies himself as well.

thonglor55
May 19th, 2011, 03:17
Thonglor55 is a reincarnation of Homintern, the moronic poster who previously faked his own death here. He has several other handles he has used.Oh dear, we're back to the Love That Dare Speak No Other Name. Haven't you got over that ONS you had with homintern yet, Beachlover?
You're also slow and dim ...So, in summary, I would benefit from mixing more with low class Thais, the ones who are so dumb they are Red Shirts who vote for Thaksin Shinawatra?

newalaan
May 19th, 2011, 03:55
Sorry, I really thought colonial referred to things discharged from the colon, a bit like the 'bulk' of your posting content and probably more apt for you thonglorYet another discharge..........
So, in summary, I would benefit from mixing more with low class Thais, the ones who are so dumb they are Red Shirts who vote for Thaksin Shinawatra?In summary you would probably benefit from extricating your head from your rectum, if you can tell them apart that is.

thonglor55
May 19th, 2011, 09:16
In summary you would probably benefit from extricating your head from your rectum, if you can tell them apart that is.But once I've done that, what's the next step? And only "probably" - you're not certain?

Beachlover
May 19th, 2011, 19:15
In summary you would probably benefit from extricating your head from your rectum, if you can tell them apart that is.
Thonglor55's head is a dildo, which he shoved up his own arse...

thonglor55
May 20th, 2011, 03:37
Thonglor55's head is a dildo, which he shoved up his own arse...And my legs are not as lovely as Beachlover's are reported to be.